No Stranger Did She Fear - Chapter 4 of The WildColonialGrrl

WildColonialGrrl

Hello Scouts! I'm new on your patch, putting on my metal helmet and feeling brave enough to leave my security blanket back with the Adventurers!

In Chapter 3 my main quest was to comfortably complete my first 100km bike ride on the 20th of October. This will occur in the fifth week of this challenge. It is still the main goal right now but I will be aiming to create a bigger main goal before the end of this challenge. So, my three major goal are still covering the same areas: Training, Nutrition and Recovery.

100km%20Sorrento.jpg

Training  - STR 2 & STA 2

Week by week goals (Not sure how I will score this yet, it's a bit rough around the edges atm).

1. Get used to beautiful new machine Bike: 75-100km/4-5hrs, PTx2 

2. Holidays! Bike: 150-175km/7-8hrs, PTx2

3. Holidays! Bike: 175-200km/8-10hrs, PTx2

4. Tapering Bike: 50-75kmkm/2-3hrs, PTx2

5. It's happening on Sunday!! Bike: 50-75km/2-3hrs, PTx1

6. Recovery Week 

Nutrition - CON 3 & WIS 2

Got to be smarter about what I eat. Turns out my body isn't such a fan of gluten... well, my gastrointestinal system isn't but my taste-buds LOVE IT! This challenge I want to be as gluten free as I can. Problems foreseen are usual holiday eating of more nice cakes, my birthday, weird emotional reactions to punitive challenges that backfire on eating. Consequently, this challenge to go gluten free will be about how it makes my guts feel. I will document all gluten I eat and if I suffer after effects I lose 0.5 points per occurrence. Put simply, I will not make myself unwell with gluten during this challenge!

Recovery - DEX 3

I have been doing a lot of strength work recently and if I don't stretch or foam roll enough I get very stiff. I really want to create a better morning routine to get me going for the day.

10-15mins minimum Yoga/Stretching/Foam Rolling upon rising 5/7 days.

There is a slight easy out in here as I usually do a Yoga class one morning per week, so it's more like 4 hard ones... 

SIDE QUESTS:

Life - CHA 2 

By the end of week 3 I will have a clean and tidy house.

By the end of week 6 I will have maintained the clean and tidy...

Fitness - WIS 1 

Aid mental and physical well being by setting aside a period of time each week to plan: Food, exercise, bills, social commitments etc. This has fallen apart recently and I am much worse off for it. 

Aussie Bush Ranger - Training with the Monks

'I'll fight but not surrender', cried the wild colonial... GRRL!

Project 365 - Becoming BatGirl

Current Challenge

Yay for colour coding!

Good looking goals as always WCG. You are so thoughtful with the way that you reflect on your wins and losses, I aim to be more like that.

Your thread is subbed

Level 10 - Ironborn sellsword        Weight loss goal: 90kg --> 70kg      Endurance goal: non-stop 5km       Power goal: 10 full form pushups

Find me: My Fitness Pal | Fitbit | Feb 16 challenge

"I don't want to have a dozen sons. I want to have adventures" ~ Asha Greyjoy

Thanks guys & gals!

I took my new bike for a ride today. It is AWESOME! Did 40km into the city and whilst dodging Sunday pedestrians, children and dogs. Got an average of 18km/h which is super quick for me especially with all the slowing for traffic. I did, however, manage a decent stack and have a chunk out of my knee, striped grazes down my calf, various bruises and a light graze on my inner forearm ending in a hellish painful bruise and wee small blood blister! All my own fault but the bloody click clack shoes may be the death of me yet!

Do you have a plan for the cleaning side quest? I'm awesome at the first bit but maintaining can be a battle haha.

Good thinking, Mad Hatter... I probably should, but I don't. I have two weeks of holidays to reach the deadline to get it clean and then fear of parents returning to keep it clean. My grey nomads will be back in the Winnebago just after the end of this challenge... And the house can not be in the same state it is now!!!

Current Challenge

Woo hoo, look at the round the bay route - it looks awesome.

It's coming up fast. You'll find it gives you motivation to win at those training rides.

Great job riding into the city - 40km on your new bike - how did it handle? ( apart from falling off of course)

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

Helloooo fellow newbie scout! Great to meet a fellow Scout-Virgin!.... That sounded better in my head.

I love how you're so focused on your bike ride - what a brilliant experience that would be! Have you brought a new bike yet? Do you use any flashy computers on your bike to measure distance / time?

Can't wait to follow you (metaphorically) and see you own this one!

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

I got my awesome new bike on Saturday. The new bike computer will come soon, so just using phone atm.

Gluten free today but in a reasonably large amount of pain from muscles pulled yesterday christening the bike with my blood. Did PT session, more fatigued that I expected and am in a lot of pain now. Ice on both knees and anti inflamatories down the hatch.

Aiming for first early stretch tomorrow.

Going to put the new bike on the trainer after adjusting the handlebar height. Might get more used to the click clacks in a safe environment... Whilst I heal up!

Current Challenge

You will never TRULY leave :pirate:

However, I think you may find the kind of support for your athletics that you may not find in the Adventurers as far as experience and how to's. 

I am intrigued by setting your own side quests.  I will be interested to see how that goes.

Otherwise just here to supply Ogre love and support!

John AKA Brute Squad

Challenge Thread

Man, Myth, Legendary Hero

Ogre Level 5 .....do Ogres have any class?

www.mydatewithnatalieportman.com

Love much, this will all be over in a minute :love_heart:

Thanks guys!

Didn't stretch despite setting alarm earlier... Will aim to be in bed even earlier and ready for it tomorrow. Starting new habits in the last week of a school term might not be ideal though.

Gluten free again today. Happy with that. Will try to set a decent run... May even start crossing off on a calendar!

Going to cook tonight so I have more good meals to get me through the week and might get the new bike locked into the trainer even if I don't ride tonight in favour of icing sore joints and pulled muscles.

Current Challenge

I do love a calendar challenge. It is really brutal because you really don't want to break that run (I like to count consecutive days).

Good idea putting the batbike on the trainer until you heal up (weather is wet anyway).

Get stretching!

I know what you mean about starting something on the last week of term - I swear we are almost the same person - local, bike rider who works in a school! I'm doing that frantic last week of term and about to take three weeks leave. Schools are crazy stupid this time of year :)

(Are you in any accountabilibuddy groups? If not think about joining Matt_72 and me in the re-firing squad (see sig))

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

Third day in a row gluten free. Emotionally hard day today. Kept steering clear of gluten then nearly mugged students coming out of Food Tech class for their cupcakes... Later when I admitted this to some of the year 9s, they offered me some of theirs... Because they weren't actually that good!! Kids crack me up :) they are the best bit of my job!

My calendar is a google spreadsheet but I think I really want stickers. Superhero stickers!

Skywalker, it kind of worries me that I probably pass you around the hood and have no idea... It's a weird concept. I know all the cyclists at my school, so at least I know you don't work with me... You probably work at a primary school a few hundred meters away or a neighbouring suburb...

The Re-Firing squad looked a bit full, so I joined the real life justice league... Suits my superhero mood of the moment!

Current Challenge

I saw that you put your name on the spreadsheet for the real life justice league.  But you no posted on the thread. :neglected:  Can't hide from your fellow super heroes!  I'm here to challenge you to do good!  

My favorite GF brownie:  My favorite brownie, GF or otherwise: http://www.elanaspantry.com/brownies/  

If you like carrot cake or honey cake, her recipes for those two are amazing, too.  NOM NOM NOM

Caveat:  DO NOT make these unless you have friends to share them with.  Or you may find yourself eating too many at one time.  I use 3/4 cup coconut sugar and a couple TBS water instead of the agave/honey.  

Dr. Mrs. Kate Murry - Not a Dr. named Kate, nor do I have red hair, but I do have microbiology cred.

Level 3 Manic Pixie Dreamgirl

STR 3/DEX 1/STA 3/CON 3/WIS 3/CHA 2

Current Challege:   no pain =win

Past Challenges: First: 28   Third: 30  :joyous:

Battle Log (Women's NFA) Battle Log

Read the Bible in 2014: 7% finished

"Mercy lives here, at home with the saints and the sinners, mercy lives here" -Derri

Yay for the bike bruises. I know it probably doesn't feel very Yay but visible injuries like that show the world how badass you are.

RE. Calendar challenges, you might like to look at smartphone apps like Habit Streak - sounds like a similar kinda idea. Might not be for everyone but I find it helpful.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Stickers FTW!

Good for you on attempting to go gluten-free. My girlfriend, as well as my son's godmother and her daughter, all appear to be gluten-intolerant.. so your body will certainly be pleased if you manage to hit this goal! Finding gluten-free alternatives for some of your fave foods will help you out.

I like the weekly planning goal too! I often feel like I'm just flying thru life by the seat of my pants, so planning would help me out as well!

Gyro, level 2 Hill Dwarf scoutSTR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 2

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Accountibilibuddy Group: Consulting Knights in the TARDIS

Previous Challenge

"Ad Astra Per Aspera!"

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines