lexphoenix: move

lyranedara

He still has to go through the application process, like everyone else. This year was their way of testing his commitment, and they said that as long as he produced the grades, they'd love to have him.

awesome ;) so happy for you guys :D i'll be rooting for him :)

workout looking good as always ^^

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Just talked to my husband. " I have good news and bad news. I'll start with the good news." 

• He will be receiving funding from the dept for full-tuition
  • They are reducing his required hours in the lab
  • They will be providing him a small salary for his lab work
  • He's basically been guaranteed a PhD slot beginning in the Fall
  • A few other misc things

Me: "Okay, What's the bad news? I've been tempering my excitement considering the last few months we've had."

Him: "There actually isn't any bad news. But I fully expect the school to be struck by a meteor tomorrow or something." 

Bit late to the party, but that's awesome :) I'm happy for you! Is it sinking in yet? No meteors?

I'm quite happy with how things are between us though, so I've decided to let whatever happens happen.

Best mind set.

My husband is running the AF marathon on Saturday, so we'll be out of town this weekend. I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to check in, or what my workouts will be. The nice thing is that I can still do almost anything I want with just some clear space in the hotel room. :)

How did he do? Did you have fun? :)

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl is a cargo bike mom

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Funny, I'm the same! I really filter whom I refer NF to too! Not everybody I know would enjoy the nerdy bits or get the references or want to follow all the links.

Good luck to your husband. I hope he has a great, not too painful, time :D

Thanks! He said he really enjoyed himself, especially considering his stomach was upset.

awesome ;) so happy for you guys :D i'll be rooting for him :)

workout looking good as always ^^

Thanks! I try. :)

Bit late to the party, but that's awesome :) I'm happy for you! Is it sinking in yet? No meteors?

Best mind set.

How did he do? Did you have fun? :)

Haha, yes, quite thrilled!

He only ran the half, and finished under 2 hours. I don't know the exact time. He was happy, since he hadn't really trained for it.

I hope you had a great weekend!  How did the marathon go?  At least I'm betting you got a lot of family time during the trip.  :)

Thanks! He had a great time, though he and my daughter both ended up sick with some kind of stomach bug. We came home a day early. He seems to be feeling better, but she is having issues. I hope it passes as quickly for her as it did for him.

I've been trying to find my checklist from Week 1, but I can't figure out where it's at. I'll keep looking so that I can do a proper recap.

AM

Morning mobility

PLP mod - up to 12 reps of each

PM

Shoulder MWODs

Rolling -PK, gymnastic

Backward roll extensions

Tripod headstands push to plank

Kick ups to handstand

Crow holds

Elbow levers

Stretching

training looks good as always, never need to be worried about you; you always rock XD

- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Congrats on the marathon for him! But I really how your girly feels better soon. Try and make her rest up!

She fell asleep on the couch last night at 6:30. I moved her to her room a few hours later, and she slept through the night until 7 this morning. She seems to be very happy and feeling much better. Thanks. :)

Congrats to your husband and I hope your daughter feels better soon :)

Did you manage to find your list?

Thanks. She seems to be, so far anyway.

I can't figure out what's happened to it. My training calendars (for this challenge and the last) are right where I left them, and the checklist had been on top. I'm guessing my daughter has run off with it. She likes to steal my son's homework, so she can do her own. Maybe that's what's happened to me, lol.

training looks good as always, never need to be worried about you; you always rock XD

Aww, thanks. Training really is one of the best parts of my day. I can't imagine quitting. :)

Glad your daughter is feeling better :)

I'm curious, since your main quest is to move better (and better and better I imagine).. Do you have some moves or goals in mind that you're looking forward to or working towards?

I 2nd KBG's question about certain or specific moves you wanna work towards...whatcha got for us, Lex? It sucks so bad when the kids are sick, glad that some good ole fashion sleep helped her out! You are Mrs. Popular these days!!! 5 pages...and it's only week 2!!! WOW, way to go Lex. I hope to be as cool as you one day ;)

Awesome job on the goals so far, btw!!!!

A-Man

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Glad your daughter is feeling better :)

I'm curious, since your main quest is to move better (and better and better I imagine).. Do you have some moves or goals in mind that you're looking forward to or working towards?

I 2nd KBG's question about certain or specific moves you wanna work towards...whatcha got for us, Lex? It sucks so bad when the kids are sick, glad that some good ole fashion sleep helped her out! You are Mrs. Popular these days!!! 5 pages...and it's only week 2!!! WOW, way to go Lex. I hope to be as cool as you one day ;)

Awesome job on the goals so far, btw!!!!

A-Man

There are so many things I would love to be able to do. Check out Global Bodyweight Training. That's where I draw a lot of my inspiration from. Short term, I'd like to get pistols, L-sits, and handstands. Long-term, I'd like to be able to press to handstand (from frog stand, a straddle, and L-sit), do muscle ups, a stand-to-stand bridge, perform solid handstand push ups, perform any prasara flow I see, and much more. :D

Haha, A-Man. I can guarentee you no one has ever called me that before, lol.

looking good Lex, and i know the feeling because when of circumstances i can't do my workout i get nervous; as if there is something i didn't do in the day that was important :P and i too can't stop now, i have to do it XD

Short term, I'd like to get pistols, L-sits, and handstands. Long-term, I'd like to be able to press to handstand (from frog stand, a straddle, and L-sit), do muscle ups, a stand-to-stand bridge, perform solid handstand push ups, perform any prasara flow I see, and much more. :D

Great goals!  Where are you on the progressions for most of these?  I thought you already more or less had the pistol and L-sit. I totally understand what you mean about the prasara flows.  I usually find the first half of a flow neat and totally doable, and then the guy will do some crazy handbalancing move that I'm not even close to being able to do. 

I'm glad your daughter is feeling better.  :)

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Great goals!  Where are you on the progressions for most of these?  I thought you already more or less had the pistol and L-sit. I totally understand what you mean about the prasara flows.  I usually find the first half of a flow neat and totally doable, and then the guy will do some crazy handbalancing move that I'm not even close to being able to do. 

I'm glad your daughter is feeling better.  :)

With the pistol, I'm still having trouble with the bottom-up portion when I'm on the ground. I've been working the daily shrimp squats bottom-up in hopes that it will help. I have a decent L-sit, but there's still room for improvement. I find it much easier to get into it from my dip station than the p-bars. I'd like to be able to do a good one from anywhere. The handstand is still a work in progress, though it's getting better. I'm not sure how long it will take, but I'm trying. As for the flows, there is always room for improvement, and I've yet to even attempt some of the breakdance-type moves. Mike Fitch is coming out with a handbalancing DVD sometime this fall that I plan to ask for as my Christmas present. :D

With the pistol, I'm still having trouble with the bottom-up portion when I'm on the ground. I've been working the daily shrimp squats bottom-up in hopes that it will help. I have a decent L-sit, but there's still room for improvement. I find it much easier to get into it from my dip station than the p-bars. I'd like to be able to do a good one from anywhere. The handstand is still a work in progress, though it's getting better. I'm not sure how long it will take, but I'm trying. As for the flows, there is always room for improvement, and I've yet to even attempt some of the breakdance-type moves. Mike Fitch is coming out with a handbalancing DVD sometime this fall that I plan to ask for as my Christmas present. :D

That sounds like a very good Christmas wish item. 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

There are so many things I would love to be able to do. Check out Global Bodyweight Training. That's where I draw a lot of my inspiration from. Short term, I'd like to get pistols, L-sits, and handstands. Long-term, I'd like to be able to press to handstand (from frog stand, a straddle, and L-sit), do muscle ups, a stand-to-stand bridge, perform solid handstand push ups, perform any prasara flow I see, and much more. :D

Haha, A-Man. I can guarentee you no one has ever called me that before, lol.

I love your long term goals!

And you approach your goals so intelligently, and with such consistency and determination... it is only a matter of time before you get them :)

That sounds like a very good Christmas wish item. 

Let's hope my husband agrees. :)

I love those long term movement goals and you are progressing well towards them.

Thanks! I'm trying my best not to rush, but at least I know I'm better each month than I was the last.

I love your long term goals!

And you approach your goals so intelligently, and with such consistency and determination... it is only a matter of time before you get them :)

Aww, thanks! I know I'll get there ... eventually. :D

I tried to update last night, but it wasn't working for me. Anyway,

Morning mobility

HS practice

Stretching

MWOD- hamstrings

PLP mod

PM

Push ups

FE Rows

Pistol practice

Bridge practice

Stretching

My husband's schedule is really wearing us down. He only sees the kids every third or fourth day, and I've been staying up later than I like at night to spend time with him. I'm only getting 6 or so hours of sleep, and I'm definintely one of those 8-9 kind of people. I've decided to switch my meditation time for nap time instead. I almost fall asleep anyway, and I think sleep may be more important right now.

She fell asleep on the couch last night at 6:30. I moved her to her room a few hours later, and she slept through the night until 7 this morning. She seems to be very happy and feeling much better. Thanks. :)

Too cute!  It kills me when my son does that... as long as he wakes up healthy.  When he crashes out and then wakes up the next day letheargic, it kills me with anxiety instead of cuteness.

Ooooo... I hadn't seen that site before.  Interesting.  Press to handstand from straddle is a definite long term goal for me too... it takes a LOT of control and strength.

Ido shared this video. Impressive!

I saw that on facebook!  It's freaking AWESOME!

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

I tried to update last night, but it wasn't working for me. Anyway,

Morning mobility

HS practice

Stretching

MWOD- hamstrings

PLP mod

PM

Push ups

FE Rows

Pistol practice

Bridge practice

Stretching

My husband's schedule is really wearing us down. He only sees the kids every third or fourth day, and I've been staying up later than I like at night to spend time with him. I'm only getting 6 or so hours of sleep, and I'm definintely one of those 8-9 kind of people. I've decided to switch my meditation time for nap time instead. I almost fall asleep anyway, and I think sleep may be more important right now.

Sleep may be your most needed relaxtion time now

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Great goals! I'm not surprised, I thought it would include moves like that. You're well on your way to get there and youve got a really solid routine for working on it so there is no doubt.

Sorry to hear that your hubs schedule is already wearing you down, substituting mediation for sleep seems like the best choice! I hope you find a way to combine getting enough sleep and still seeing your husband. Hang in there!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines