The Swampling's Blast from the past - Reunion Edition

Swampling

Thanks, fork! I'll be counting on you to kick my butt when I cower before the mighty planks and want to weasel out of those... :)

Oh, and this time I promise there won't be any Gurkentaschenrechner. No esoteric stuff to wrap my head around for this challenge. :D

:o No head wrapping??!! lol

Looks like things are changing for both of us! No more planking for me. And Jess put in her last planks yesterday at 4 min a piece. She will also be joining me in the weight training, but we will be with you in planking spirit!! :triumphant:

I still get to come tell you good morning right??? :(

wubs you!! :love_heart: :love_heart:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

:o No head wrapping??!! lol

Looks like things are changing for both of us! No more planking for me. And Jess put in her last planks yesterday at 4 min a piece. She will also be joining me in the weight training, but we will be with you in planking spirit!! :triumphant:

I still get to come tell you good morning right??? :(

wubs you!! :love_heart: :love_heart:

Goooood morning! :D

(Of course we get to tell each other good morning - last week I was officially on vacation, so there was more sleeping in as usual, and also less internet time... ;) )

(And no, no head wrapping - I still need to unravel all the knots I put in my poor brain last time... *lol* )

I'm going to need one hell of a lot of planking spirit tomorrow morning. That's going to be my first serious attempt. :nightmare:

Have a great first challenge day! :triumphant:

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Now this is more like it, lol.

Good Morning swampling!!!!!! :triumphant: :triumphant: :love_heart: :love_heart:

Wow, I missed that! ^_^

Ok, I'll send you lots of planking spirit and you send me some weight training spirit! Cause in the morning is my first attempt in over a year and I think it could suck royally! :nightmare:

Awesome day to you my friend- lots of love!! :love_heart:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

Now this is more like it, lol.

Good Morning swampling!!!!!! :triumphant: :triumphant: :love_heart: :love_heart:

Wow, I missed that! ^_^

Ok, I'll send you lots of planking spirit and you send me some weight training spirit! Cause in the morning is my first attempt in over a year and I think it could suck royally! :nightmare:

Awesome day to you my friend- lots of love!! :love_heart:

Good morning, my fearless leader! :love_heart:

Proud to report I got my first 13 seconds of hanging time in, right after my usual Monday workout. Felt pretty easy, I even had to make myself let go of the pullup bar at the end of the allotted time. Now, if only it could be like that for the rest of this challenge... *lol*

Tonight will be time for stretching and writing. :)

And no, sucking (even sucking royally) is NOT an option. Not for you. Not today. Not evah. :encouragement:

Hobbit 

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Good morning, my fearless leader! :love_heart:

Proud to report I got my first 13 seconds of hanging time in, right after my usual Monday workout. Felt pretty easy, I even had to make myself let go of the pullup bar at the end of the allotted time. Now, if only it could be like that for the rest of this challenge... *lol*

Tonight will be time for stretching and writing. :)

And no, sucking (even sucking royally) is NOT an option. Not for you. Not today. Not evah. :encouragement:

Awesome on the hang!

Lol, yeah- but this is a 'challenge' after all!

Way to get this thing going swampling! 

Uhmmmm....lol......if you say so, cause swampling is a smart girl and I believe her! ;)

Love you, have a most excellent first day!! :triumphant::love_heart:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Ash! I'm sending you some weight training spirit! I'm also sending you a pretty good article that I like to read to myself in my head whenever I'm lifting!

Goooood morning! :D

(Of course we get to tell each other good morning - last week I was officially on vacation, so there was more sleeping in as usual, and also less internet time... ;) )

(And no, no head wrapping - I still need to unravel all the knots I put in my poor brain last time... *lol* )

I'm going to need one hell of a lot of planking spirit tomorrow morning. That's going to be my first serious attempt. :nightmare:

Have a great first challenge day! :triumphant:

G'morning Swamps! Also sending you planking spirit! A whole hell of a lot of it just as requested! You got this in the bag! A little tip that I like to use for planks for myself is whenever I feel like I'm ready to give in, I tell myself "five more seconds" and then I hold it for five more seconds! If I'm feeling particularly strong I'll keep repeating this to myself until eventually my muscles just fail haha. But it helps me! Hopefully it'll help you reach your 3x20 goal!

Hero's First Challenge, Again! - "I knew pig-moles were a bad idea..."

Who the hell do you think I am!?!

-Kamina, "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann"

Dai-Gurren Brigade's Hero

Lvl1 Human Ranger

STR3 DEX1 STA3 CON1 WIS1 CHA1

Good morning!  Sounds like your first day is off to a great start!  Way to get in your hang time this morning!

No more typing for me before I've gotten myself a cup of coffee -- trust me, it's better for everyone that way.    :playful:  Just wanted to check in! 

Level 2 Amazon Druid

STR 4|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 1

My 1st Challenge - Ring Toss, Anyone?     My 2nd Challenge - Jodi's Two Towers     My Battle Log     My Tribe - The Dai-Gurren Brigade

At times, you become almost certain that you slabbed this hillside three days ago, crossed this stream yesterday, clambered over this fallen tree at least twice today already. But most of the time you don’t think. No point. Instead, you exist in a kind of mobile Zen mode, your brain like a balloon tethered with string, accompanying but not actually part of the body below. Walking for hours and miles becomes as automatic, as unremarkable, as breathing. At the end of the day you don’t think, 'Hey, I did sixteen miles today,' any more than you think, 'Hey, I took eight-thousand breaths today.' It’s just what you do.â€

Bill Bryson, A Walk in the Woods

Good evening, fellow brigadiers! Thanks for checking in!

I finally got my writing in - got surprisingly many words down in those five minutes. Yay!

I also did the first stretching / practice for the splits - and although there is still some stretchiness left after all these years, I noticed that I can't do it on flexibility alone, like I used to. This time around, I'm going to need strong leg muscles, too, and I have 41 more opportunities to prepare them well... :)

Didn't I mention that hanging for just 13 seconds felt way too easy? Well, sometime around midday my right elbow reminded me that letting go of that pullup bar when I did was actually a good idea. So I think I made the right decision to start with these numbers. I also am a little sore between my shoulder blades by now, which should mean that there were actually some itty bitty muscles at work. :D

So now I got the planking spirit and the rawrs you offered so kindly stashed away for tomorrow morning - I'm going to need all of it! :D

Hobbit 

Second DWD!

You're awesome, it's in the bag! :triumphant: :triumphant:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Goooood morning, Ash, and goooood morning, fellow brigadiers!

Planks for today are done, but I found out that I will need a longer countdown than just 5 seconds to get in proper form. Guess I'm not the fastest plank in the shed... Will fix the countdown for Thursday (can't fix my own speed at the moment, that'll have to wait.)

Stretching also done, and I like to imagine that my leg muscles have already gotten a tiny bit stronger. Than last night. Yeah. Right. But still, it's nice to imagine.. :playful:

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

Hobbit 

And Good Morning swampling !!!!

lol, not the fastest plank in the shed? And just how fast are planks?? :playful:

Awesome way to start the day my friend! :triumphant: :triumphant:

Love you! :love_heart: :love_heart:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

And Good Morning swampling !!!!

lol, not the fastest plank in the shed? And just how fast are planks?? :playful:

Awesome way to start the day my friend! :triumphant: :triumphant:

Love you! :love_heart: :love_heart:

I don't know about the speed of the average domestic plank, but mine are probably sloth planks.

It feels like it takes me forever to get every possible muscle in "oof-worthy" condition.

Hobbit 

I don't know about the speed of the average domestic plank, but mine are probably sloth planks.

It feels like it takes me forever to get every possible muscle in "oof-worthy" condition.

Lol, well you will be a planking jaguar before you know it!! :triumphant:

Now Ash must head to bed, her brains are mush....

Have an awesome day! ;)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Lol, well you will be a planking jaguar before you know it!! :triumphant:

Now Ash must head to bed, her brains are mush....

Have an awesome day! ;)

:) Thanks!

Are mushy brains contagious? Cause mine certainly feels pretty mushy right now.

Did my writing, but was totally uninspired in contrast to yesterday. But at least I got a short paragraph done, so today's mission is still accomplished, if not gracefully. 

Also, my arms keep reminding me why I'm taking this pullup thing so slow. *sigh*

Now I got to figure out how to update that plank timer for Thursday (or wait for my better half who is a much better not-so-smart-phone wrangler than I am). :)

Hobbit 

:) Thanks!

Are mushy brains contagious? Cause mine certainly feels pretty mushy right now.

Did my writing, but was totally uninspired in contrast to yesterday. But at least I got a short paragraph done, so today's mission is still accomplished, if not gracefully. 

Also, my arms keep reminding me why I'm taking this pullup thing so slow. *sigh*

Now I got to figure out how to update that plank timer for Thursday (or wait for my better half who is a much better not-so-smart-phone wrangler than I am). :)

Don't know if it's contagious, but it does seem to be a continuing condition.  :nightmare:

And maybe you should be more afraid of mushy brained Ash than miffed Ash, lol! :playful:

Not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but after yesterdays workout I was really thinking my hair did not need brushing today!  My arms aand shoulders are sooooooo freaking sore! :nightmare:

Price of growth I guess! :nevreness:

Have an awesome day swampling and I hope you get your plank timer working!!

loves ya! :love_heart:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but after yesterdays workout I was really thinking my hair did not need brushing today!  My arms aand shoulders are sooooooo freaking sore! :nightmare:

*lol* OK, you win - for me it's mostly the forearms today. Shoulders are better than this morning, and the whiny elbow has calmed down again. :)

Hobbit 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines