The Swampling's Blast from the past - Reunion Edition

Swampling

Okay so I am an uninformed gumbie but what is a plang?  I tried googling it with no success!   Anyway congrats on a great job with those fictitious excersizes :playful::beaten: .

Great scores for week one and be carefull with your ankle while kicking some ass on week 2

A "plang" is a totally made up word (the alternative term "hank" was shot down by Elbow). It's basically me hanging from a pull up bar while tightening all my muscles as if I were doing a plank on the floor. Hence a "hanging plank" (also no official lingo, as far as I know) or in short "plang".

Fictitious exercises should be way easier! Or I'll have to make up easier ones for the next challenge... :D

And thank you! :) (The thought of one legged ass kicking reminds me of that scene in the Karate Kid... lol)

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Plang is, in fact, Official Dai-Gurren Brigade Lingo now and forevermore.  :)  I have nothing from which to plang, or I would be doing this myself!  It sounds like a helluva workout!

Keep up the good work, Swamps!  

Level 2 Amazon Druid

STR 4|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 1

My 1st Challenge - Ring Toss, Anyone?     My 2nd Challenge - Jodi's Two Towers     My Battle Log     My Tribe - The Dai-Gurren Brigade

At times, you become almost certain that you slabbed this hillside three days ago, crossed this stream yesterday, clambered over this fallen tree at least twice today already. But most of the time you don’t think. No point. Instead, you exist in a kind of mobile Zen mode, your brain like a balloon tethered with string, accompanying but not actually part of the body below. Walking for hours and miles becomes as automatic, as unremarkable, as breathing. At the end of the day you don’t think, 'Hey, I did sixteen miles today,' any more than you think, 'Hey, I took eight-thousand breaths today.' It’s just what you do.â€

Bill Bryson, A Walk in the Woods

Plang is, in fact, Official Dai-Gurren Brigade Lingo now and forevermore.   :)  I have nothing from which to plang, or I would be doing this myself!  It sounds like a helluva workout!

Yep, as official co-leader I completely agree and instigate the plang into brigade speech! And I think i might take it up as well! :playful:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Good morning, Ash, and good morning, friends! :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:

Plang is, in fact, Official Dai-Gurren Brigade Lingo now and forevermore.   :)  I have nothing from which to plang, or I would be doing this myself!  It sounds like a helluva workout!

Thanks, Jodi! I'm lucky that my better half installed a pull up bar in the stairwell. It's high enough for me to hang completely without my feet touching the ground. Otherwise I might have tried if one of the doors were sturdy enough to take my weight, but I kind of doubt it. :(

Rawr!  Nice Job, Swampling!  *sprinkles healing powder on da ankle*  Hope it feels better really soon!  Rawr!  Have a nice day/afternoon/evening!  Rawr!

Thank you, Kiwi, looks like the magic healing powder did a super job! The pain is almost completely gone (at least if I don't twist the frakkin thing too much) :encouragement:

Yep, as official co-leader I completely agree and instigate the plang into brigade speech! And I think i might take it up as well! :playful:

:D So, not only a plank-off of the Rebels:TNG, but also a Brigade plang-off?

BTW: Any plans for the plank-off at Casa Ash? ;)

Hobbit 

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

I'm proud to report that I got my challenge in the bag for today (13 sec plang, leg stretches AND writing!!!, plus the usual BW workout).

Go, me! :triumphant:  :triumphant:  :triumphant:  :triumphant:  :triumphant: 

Though I have to admit, writing in the morning needs a little more getting used to. Not yet my favorite thing in the world. :playful:

Hobbit 

Good morning, Ash, and good morning, friends! :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:

:D So, not only a plank-off of the Rebels:TNG, but also a Brigade plang-off?

BTW: Any plans for the plank-off at Casa Ash? ;)

Good Morning swampling!!

And Wooooooooooooo!!! What a way to get a day started! Proud, proud, proud! Yep! :love_heart::triumphant: :triumphant:

Uhm... not yet. Seems they can't get along come to an agreement on when to do it. (ahem)

Have an awesome Wednesday!!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

Good Morning swampling!!

And Wooooooooooooo!!! What a way to get a day started! Proud, proud, proud! Yep! :love_heart::triumphant: :triumphant:

Uhm... not yet. Seems they can't get along come to an agreement on when to do it. (ahem)

Have an awesome Wednesday!!

Thanks, Ash! :)

Tell TNG that there's a whole Brigade waiting for them to strut their planking stuff. :D

We actually made Bossman:TNG (my boss's eleven year old son) do push ups yesterday after lunch. It was either cleaning up the table or 10 push ups. He went for the push ups and did rather well. :lol:

Let's see what we can do to him today... Maybe next week I can bring some weights from home. :devilish:

Hobbit 

Thanks, Ash! :)

Tell TNG that there's a whole Brigade waiting for them to strut their planking stuff. :D

We actually made Bossman:TNG (my boss's eleven year old son) do push ups yesterday after lunch. It was either cleaning up the table or 10 push ups. He went for the push ups and did rather well. :lol:

Let's see what we can do to him today... Maybe next week I can bring some weights from home. :devilish:

:lol: Hah, kids! I would have rather cleaned the table lol! Though....if we were talking chest presses.....lol

swampling, lol, I didn't realize you had such an evil side! :playful:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

I'm proud to report that I got my challenge in the bag for today (13 sec plang, leg stretches AND writing!!!, plus the usual BW workout).

Go, me! :triumphant:  :triumphant:  :triumphant:  :triumphant:  :triumphant:

Though I have to admit, writing in the morning needs a little more getting used to. Not yet my favorite thing in the world. :playful:

RAWR!  GO, Swampling!  Rawr Rawr!  Super Duper!

Yeah, writing first thing in the morning isn't my thing either, but it's like the only time slot I can fit writing in now because of working full-time.

Good luck and have fun Thursday!  Rawr Rawr!

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

Good morning, Ash, good morning friends! :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:

Thursday is already in the bag

- 3x 14 sec planks (will keep that time for Sat, it's just about as much as I can do at the moment, no point to increase the time again yet)

- leg stretches (I imagine I got a little lower on the left side, but that might just be wishful thinking)

- AND writing  done!

Now I feel somewhat oof! but happy and am looking forward to my yoga class later! :)

Hobbit 

Wow swampling you certainly are kicking butt on your goals. 

I would choose the 10 push ups too. Cleaning stinks. 

Ah, he would only have had to clean up his own stuff (plate, weapons of food destructions and his water glass) by carrying it about 3 meters from the table to the kitchen counter. No doing the dishes or anything else involved. But Bossman:TNG obviously shares your view. :D

:lol: Hah, kids! I would have rather cleaned the table lol! Though....if we were talking chest presses.....lol

swampling, lol, I didn't realize you had such an evil side! :playful:

I would have rather cleaned the table as well.

That's not my evil side - turns out the squirt does 30 pushups every day. Have to think of something else... :playful:

But my boss told me that the squirt thinks I'm super strict, so he still respects me. I'm pretty sure that won't last long, so I intend to put my "fearsome child-eater" image to good use in the meantime. :tyrannosaurus:

Hobbit 

RAWR!  GO, Swampling!  Rawr Rawr!  Super Duper!

Yeah, writing first thing in the morning isn't my thing either, but it's like the only time slot I can fit writing in now because of working full-time.

Good luck and have fun Thursday!  Rawr Rawr!

Compared to you I have it easy: I'm just writing for fun, the words I throw on paper (or in my case on the screen) don't have to make much sense. *whew*

Working full time with a huge (basically also full time) writing project on the side is hard, but you will rock this! \m/ \m/

Hobbit 

I'm pretty sure that won't last long, so I intend to put my "fearsome child-eater" image to good use in the meantime. :tyrannosaurus:

Good Morning swampling!!  :love_heart: :love_heart:

Way to get the morning started again! Keep that momentum up!! Yay!! :triumphant: :triumphant:

I guess that little devil emo had me fooled, lol! ;)

So would the above bold be your evil side?? lol !!

Hope your day is awesome!!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

It's cool, I'm pretty sure children are Paleo so they should fit almost anyone's diet.

But don't they have a lot of fat and full of sugar?

YAY!  Go Swampling!  Thanks for the words of encouragement!  Rawrness!

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

But don't they have a lot of fat and full of sugar?

YAY!  Go Swampling!  Thanks for the words of encouragement!  Rawrness!

This one's at least gluten-free. :lol: Probably still full of sugar. Guess I need a plan B.

Hobbit 

It's cool, I'm pretty sure children are Paleo so they should fit almost anyone's diet.

I love you.

Congrats Swampling on keeping up with your writing! I haven't worked on my book in weeks, but I'm starting to feel like I really should.

Level 2 

Dwarf Ranger

STR 2     |     DEX 1     |     STA 4     |     CON 3     |     WIS 3     |     CHA 0

Current Challenge: Give Peas a Chance!

1st Challenge: Buggalo Begins!

''Life is hard. You are hard. I don't see the problem." - Coach

THE GURREN BRIGADE!

"Think about all the things you'd wish other people had done for, or with, you. Then do those things for other people.

Then, smash barriers and laugh a lot while shouting "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?!" - Hero                                                                                                                      

I love you.

Hijacking swamplings thread a moment to agree with Buggs! We love you Elbow!!! :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Congrats Swampling on keeping up with your writing! I haven't worked on my book in weeks, but I'm starting to feel like I really should.

Thank you!

I'm pretty sure if you need (more) beta readers, you'll find some more than willing folks here in the Brigade. :)

Hobbit 

Although I seem to have pulled some back muscles somewhere between Wednesday and yesterday, I still did the usual BW workout. Took some extra warm up time, though, and added a bit more rest time in between. Seemed like the sensible thing to do.

Now my back feels better after the workout, so it can't have been all wrong what I did. Hopefully it will stay that way! *keeping my fingers crossed*

I also got 14 sec plang done (barely, but I did it), as well as the leg stretches (ouch today, maybe did too much in yoga class yesterday?) AND the writing! *whew*

Will have to wait with breakfast because I'm going to get some blood work done today (check-up at my GP). Ugh on the needles and especially ugh on going there on an empty stomach... :nightmare:

Have a great Friday, everyone!

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Hobbit 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines