The Swampling's Blast from the past - Reunion Edition

Swampling

Good Morning swampling!!

Be careful on that back and my fingers are crossed too!

Yay on the plang and yucky on the blood work. :nightmare:  Hate that, really hate that. And having had six kids I've had it done A LOT! :wacko:

Well, I hope you have a wonderful day (after blood work that is, lol)! :triumphant:

Wubs ya!!! :love_heart: :love_heart:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

I did the blood thing this morning too.  No food sucks.  No coffee sucks harder.  But we are getting healthy, so it doesn't matter :)

Thankfully I never liked coffee that much, so I don't need it in the morning. I mean, I'm still tired, but that's how it's going to be. ;)

The lady who took my blood was very nice about it (I tend to be a little weak kneed afterwards, so they put me on the stretcher first, then take the blood and wait it out until I have un-wussed enough to get up again).

HELL, YES, WE ARE GETTING HEALTHY! WHO THE HELL DO THEY THINK WE ARE????!!!

I'm really curious to see what has changed since my last check up 2 years ago, but I'll have to wait 4 more weeks for the follow up appointment. *impatient finger drumming and general wriggling here*

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Good Morning swampling!!

Be careful on that back and my fingers are crossed too!

Yay on the plang and yucky on the blood work. :nightmare:  Hate that, really hate that. And having had six kids I've had it done A LOT! :wacko:

Well, I hope you have a wonderful day (after blood work that is, lol)! :triumphant:

Wubs ya!!! :love_heart: :love_heart:

The back is still doing okay, so I hope the worst is over. Yay!

Thankfully my GP only wants to poke me with needles every other year, so that's not too bad. I can live with that. :D

And now for something completely different: BREAKFAST! YAY!!!!!

Hobbit 

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Rawr!  Go Swampling! ^_^  *sprinkles magical extra strength healing powder on Swampling's back*

Hope your back feel better soon!  YAY for Breakfast!  Rawr!

Happy Friday!  Have a super duper weekend! :D

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

Rawr!  Go Swampling! ^_^  *sprinkles magical extra strength healing powder on Swampling's back*

Hope your back feel better soon!  YAY for Breakfast!  Rawr!

Happy Friday!  Have a super duper weekend! :D

Ah, the magic healing powder again! THANK YOU! NOW i know my back will be ok again tomorrow! It worked like a charm on my ankle (well, it *is* magic, after all). ;)

Have a super duper weekend yourself! Go give that procrastination dragon the beating it deserves! RAWR! :tyrannosaurus:

Hobbit 

Love it!  Gonna steal it!

You are doing awesome, another solid week.  Enjoy your weekend!

Thank you, same to you! :encouragement:

Although: I'm REALLY thankful that good eating habits are not part of this challenge. Otherwise this week would have been a solid FAIL. :D

Hobbit 

Good morning, Ash, good morning, friends! :love_heart:

On this not-yet-quite-lovely Saturday I got my planks (3x14 sec), the leg stretches and the writing done! YAY!

Have a great Saturday, everyone!

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Hobbit 

Good Morning swampling!

Been productive 'On this not-yet-quite-lovely Saturday' !

Awesome girl! I think this challenge knows it's place with swampling, lol!

Weather not quite so lovely?

Hope the day turns lovely for you! :love_heart: :love_heart:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

LOL

I just went over to the kitchen, to see if my husband had already gotten me my weekly ration of chocolate. What do I find in the kitchen cabinet, holding my two bars of Tobago chocolate? A MINION! Now I already have an army of three... :D

Hobbit 

It's still a little foggy outside, but the sun is kind of sneaking through. :)

It's supposed to get quite nice this afternoon, with mild temperatures. Perfect weather for a vole hunt. :D

LOL

I just went over to the kitchen, to see if my husband had already gotten me my weekly ration of chocolate. What do I find in the kitchen cabinet, holding my two bars of Tobago chocolate? A MINION! Now I already have an army of three... :D

Uhhhhh, vole hunt???? :huh:

Awwwwwwww!!! you have a very sweet hubby. :redface:

Starting a minion family swampling? lol :D

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Good Morning swampling! :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:

Headed off for the night!

Have an awesome Sunday! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Good morning, Ash, and good morning friends! :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:

Today is a very lazy Sunday. I finally got the stretching done, but my first writing attempt was unsuccessful. My mind was a total blank, not even tumbleweeds to liven up the deserted scenery. :( Oh, well, there's still some Sunday left, so I will try again later this afternoon. :)

Uhhhhh, vole hunt???? :huh:

Awwwwwwww!!! you have a very sweet hubby. :redface:

Starting a minion family swampling? lol :D

Yes, we want to get rid of the voles (if possible) on the pasture of the 1000-pound redhead. Because it can get pretty dangerous if there's a lot of tunnels close to the surface - the horse can break through into a hole and hurt herself quite seriously. So we dug up all the tunnels we could find, put some ugly smelling stuff down there and closed them back up. Make it as uncomfortable for the little critters as possible so they will look for a less smelly environment.

Another yes, my better half can be really sweet. Don't tell him I said that, though... :D

And actually I was more thinking of a minion army... :devilish:

Hobbit 

Your husband gets  you chocolate, mine gets me ice cream.  Without fail, every Saturday.  Because he likes living ;)

Great week!

:lol: Good for your husband!

Mmmmh, ice cream... Since my dad had to revamp his nutrition, my mom got an ice cream maker, so she can make some stuff that he is allowed to eat. Their current favorites are now yogurt ice cream with either lime or orange (both VERY yummy).

And thank you! I have encountered a little hiccup with my writing today, but hopefully I will have conquered it by evening! RAWR! :tyrannosaurus: :tyrannosaurus: :tyrannosaurus:

Hobbit 

Overall grades for week #2: Mostly solid As (except for Sunday, that was a little wobbly at first...)

I had no problem with the scheduling this week, but I was (and still am) struggling a bit with my wrists and arms. Not sure if I can keep up the plang progression as planned. Will have to see how the next week is going to work out and might have to adjust. :disturbed: I definitely don't want to overdo it, because I really don't want to go back to tendonitis land!

Edit: Here's the reframed summary of week 1 + 2, for this week's mini challenge:

I did all the things I set out to do, every single day. I even leveled up from simple hanging to "planging" in week 2, although that had been a "maybe goal" for after week 2! I even managed to slay a small writer's block dragon on Sunday.

During those two weeks I have been learning more about my physical limits, but I am also learning how to work with my body rather than against it, to stretch or even overcome these boundaries eventually.

Solid As for every single day so far are frakkin awesome, eh? :D Also a great motivation to keep this momentum and kill the next four weeks!

So I will keep up the progressions for both planks and plangs, I will continue to write every day.

Because I am a member of the DAI-GURREN BRIGADE!!!!

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM????!!!

Hobbit 

Minion army! Bwhahahaha!!!! lol :playful:

Yep, listen to those wrists and arms and adjust accordingly. (nodding) That is what smart progress is all about. Knowing what's working and what isn't and making the needed changes.

I have been watching a lot of people on here making changes to their original goals. I see it as a good thing. People are beginning to see what works for THEM.

Your gonna kill this challenge swampling- no worries!  :pride::love_heart:

And a Happy dance to join yours on the writing!!!

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Have a supremo Day!!!!!!!

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Good morning, Ash, good morning, friends! :love_heart:

I'm happy to report, that week #3 started a lot better than week #2 ended... *whew*

I got the usual Monday workout done, even if the pushing exercise today was pikes. I had to modify sets 3 - 10 regarding hand position, because my right wrist was not happy doing pikes (again... *sigh*), but this time placing the hands a little wider, turning the fingers a little more (okay, a lot more) inward and also increasing the distance between hands and feet did help a lot. In the end, I managed to do all 30 pikes (10x3)! w00t!

I also had help again, the neighbors cat came for another visit and tried to catch my ponytail while I was doing the inverted rows under the dining room table. :lol: It went a lot smoother (for me) after I gave him something else to play with...

The 17 sec (!) plang went surprisingly well, no immediate problems with wrists or those-funny-looking-joints... Hopefully it stays that way!

I also saw tiny progress with the leg stretches! YAY!

Plus - I got my writing done!

Solid A on a Monday morning, cause... WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM????!!!!

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Have a great week, everyone!

Hobbit 

Good Morning Swampling!

Whooooo Hoooo!!!!!!

Lol, we'll dance together!

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Wow, that might be more motivation than I can handle before bedtime, lol!

Way to make Week 3 know whose in charge!!  swampling just owned Monday- BAM!

Seriously proud of you and inspired to do the same- when I get up. :playful:

WUBS!! :love_heart: :love_heart:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Holy cow, oh my god!  Super impressive, Swampling!  Rawr Rawr!  You getting strong!  STRONG!  Rawr Rawr!  MUSCLES!

Way to smash Monday into shape!  YAY!  YAY!

Good luck and have fun with Week 3 :D  Rawr on!

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines