• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hammlin

Team Girl Crush: The Revival Edition

* Hugs for Mirrrrrrrrr *

Distance cuddles are tricksy, but I'm sure we can figure it out! I wouldn't mind some.

Whatever I can do. Because I like being helpful, especially to good people

Posted · Hidden by nightlight, November 1, 2013 - hiding re: scully
Hidden by nightlight, November 1, 2013 - hiding re: scully

What about the date you went on last challenge that had to travel or go on holiday or something.....any continued talk there?

Oh. the writer. yeah that fizzled. she is not over her ex. (and neither am i, so i guess we're even.) we are friends, but nothing is going to come of it.

D! Tell us about your dinner. I'm sorry it was not-great. I wub you! Hugs.

Big glompings to all my ladies. I miss you!

So. the dinner. There's a friend at CF, let's call her "organizer." and she usually organizes the fri night dinners, or sat brunches or whatever. so i've noticed that i've been left out of a lot of invitations. so i called her out on it. (nicely) i asked if i had not been invited to a few things because of something or if it was just coincidental. she says it was coincidental. so she organized a dinner for fri night.

the players:

me.

scully.

organizer.

girl i think scully is sleeping with (but not really,) we'll call her "straight girl.",

scully's BFF

and the my friend J who came along.

so J was a last minute addition. i didn't know she was coming into town. the only night i could see her was fri night. so organizer and i expanded the reservation. confirmation email went around on fri, and i replied "j and i will be there at 8:15." looks like that started a kerfuffle. because when j and i walked in there was a lot of whispering btwn straight girl, scully, and scully's bff. they were trying to not be obvious about it, but i pick up on these things. so whatever. we were all talking before we were seated. scully was checking out j. she was also doing this lip thing she does when she's turned on. (weird.) but at the same time, doing this hand thing she does when she's nervous. so whatever. we go, sit. dinner happens. scully does not look at me. at all. she only looks/talks to me when i directly address her. she isn't cold to me, but it's almost like.. i don't exist unless i talk to her. but i really tried to engage the group and not be weird. so we leave. scully gives me her weird hug. (like.. you'd hug your grandma who smells like moth balls.) the first thing j says to me is: "wow. that's a lot of personalities." and "you know, this is what my gut says. scully doesn't want you as much as you want her right now. but she doesn't want anyone else to have you." 

that makes so much sense. i mean, she wouldn't have dumped me if she wanted me as much as i want her. that's clear. but she's just so fucking weird. and i'm so relieved that i'm not the only one who sees it. but it also was made clear during conversations that there has been a lot that i've been left out of (as far as hanging out stuff.) and if she REALLY wanted to be my friend, why wouldn't I be invited. she's the one that wanted to be friends. even said "i don't see why we can't hang out in a group, or alone." wtf. so why am i not being invited? what gives. 

so...that's that.

I have the crazies and the sads. I want cuddles and more with all the nerds. And Mr mir doesn't want to even talk to me it seems.

You can be my wife instead.  I will make you all the chicken and sexies.

How long do we have to donate?

End of challenge.  Weather permitting, i'm doing my dance on the 28th.

* Hugs for Mirrrrrrrrr *

Distance cuddles are tricksy, but I'm sure we can figure it out! I wouldn't mind some.

Whatever I can do. Because I like being helpful, especially to good people

I want in on this.  Cuddle pile, I say!

Posted · Hidden by nightlight, November 1, 2013 - hiding re: scully
Hidden by nightlight, November 1, 2013 - hiding re: scully

Oh. the writer. yeah that fizzled. she is not over her ex. (and neither am i, so i guess we're even.) we are friends, but nothing is going to come of it.

So. the dinner. There's a friend at CF, let's call her "organizer." and she usually organizes the fri night dinners, or sat brunches or whatever. so i've noticed that i've been left out of a lot of invitations. so i called her out on it. (nicely) i asked if i had not been invited to a few things because of something or if it was just coincidental. she says it was coincidental. so she organized a dinner for fri night.

the players:

me.

scully.

organizer.

girl i think scully is sleeping with (but not really,) we'll call her "straight girl.",

scully's BFF

and the my friend J who came along.

so J was a last minute addition. i didn't know she was coming into town. the only night i could see her was fri night. so organizer and i expanded the reservation. confirmation email went around on fri, and i replied "j and i will be there at 8:15." looks like that started a kerfuffle. because when j and i walked in there was a lot of whispering btwn straight girl, scully, and scully's bff. they were trying to not be obvious about it, but i pick up on these things. so whatever. we were all talking before we were seated. scully was checking out j. she was also doing this lip thing she does when she's turned on. (weird.) but at the same time, doing this hand thing she does when she's nervous. so whatever. we go, sit. dinner happens. scully does not look at me. at all. she only looks/talks to me when i directly address her. she isn't cold to me, but it's almost like.. i don't exist unless i talk to her. but i really tried to engage the group and not be weird. so we leave. scully gives me her weird hug. (like.. you'd hug your grandma who smells like moth balls.) the first thing j says to me is: "wow. that's a lot of personalities." and "you know, this is what my gut says. scully doesn't want you as much as you want her right now. but she doesn't want anyone else to have you." 

that makes so much sense. i mean, she wouldn't have dumped me if she wanted me as much as i want her. that's clear. but she's just so fucking weird. and i'm so relieved that i'm not the only one who sees it. but it also was made clear during conversations that there has been a lot that i've been left out of (as far as hanging out stuff.) and if she REALLY wanted to be my friend, why wouldn't I be invited. she's the one that wanted to be friends. even said "i don't see why we can't hang out in a group, or alone." wtf. so why am i not being invited? what gives. 

so...that's that.

:/  I just want to give you big hugs IRL.  

Yes! Cuddle Piles! Putting the "Crush" in Team Girl Crush.

Sweeeet

Sounds like you need in on our cuddles too, nightlight. Because while knowing you're not imagining the weird is good... that sounds like an overall pretty awkward and sucktastic dinner.

* Hugs for you, too! *

@D- I have no advice. Since I pretty much NEVER dated in my life! Like EVER. 

My relationships went like this....

First love- boy meets girl, fall in love at first sight (after boy beats up nasty ex boyfriend) "go steady" all through high school til girl moves away. Crushed both of them forever.

Girl meets new boy. Recklessly quits college, moves a thousand miles away to strange land with strange boy, gets married, has 3 babies over 12 years.

Girl freaks the fuck out, divorces boy.

Meets new boy before ink is dry on divorce papers. Moves in together. Has another baby. Gets married again.

And here we are.....

so yeah, I'm not qualified to give relationship advice, but I can give you all the love in my heart!!!! 

And totes bring on the cuddles!!!

@D- I have no advice. Since I pretty much NEVER dated in my life! Like EVER. 

My relationships went like this....

First love- boy meets girl, fall in love at first sight (after boy beats up nasty ex boyfriend) "go steady" all through high school til girl moves away. Crushed both of them forever.

Girl meets new boy. Recklessly quits college, moves a thousand miles away to strange land with strange boy, gets married, has 3 babies over 12 years.

Girl freaks the fuck out, divorces boy.

Meets new boy before ink is dry on divorce papers. Moves in together. Has another baby. Gets married again.

And here we are.....

so yeah, I'm not qualified to give relationship advice, but I can give you all the love in my heart!!!! 

And totes bring on the cuddles!!!

I've never dated either.  All I had in high school were 'FWB' of all genders.  Then in college, I was that girl who constantly fell in love with her BFF and told the guys that liked her to go for it!  So they ended up married and I ended up lonelies.  Then I met my ex shortly after moving from NC to Vegas and we were together for a terribly crappy 3 and some years.  Then I left him and moved to SLC to be with my BFF Erik..that I met on a video game...because I was tired of the beatings and the cheatings and the crapings.  

And now we've been married for a few years and have two babies!  Wooo!

I wouldn't know someone was hitting on me unless they were ACTUALLY hitting on me.

I don't even know what people do on dates.

I don't have good relationship advice either. I love Mr mir but have a hard time staying faithful and also a lot of times I feel like he doesn't even like me. Sigh.

I don't have good relationship advice either. I love Mr mir but have a hard time staying faithful and also a lot of times I feel like he doesn't even like me. Sigh.

I won't ask you to be my wifie then.

Well we are going to have a polygamous marriage, right? I think I could handle that :-)

sigh. i envy you non-monogamous people. a lot. 

i'm so hard wired to one person. blech.

and you know. scully. and, i mean, now you've seen her and have seen the arms. and abs. oy. but. whatever. point being. someone find me a girlfriend. 

sigh. i envy you non-monogamous people. a lot. 

i'm so hard wired to one person. blech.

and you know. scully. and, i mean, now you've seen her and have seen the arms. and abs. oy. but. whatever. point being. someone find me a girlfriend. 

How do you feel about Swiss girls?  French or German speaking?  And yea, I saw her doing the hspu in the back of your video.  I won't make the O_O face.  

Erik and I are totes monogamous, but we like to joke that if our lives had gone differently (didn't meet each other), he would have easily ended up in a lifetime relationship with a man, and I with a woman.  He is okay with me making my silly ladylove jokes and appreciating the female body and I am okay with him shopping for gay-dude underwear and eyeballing the models.  What did we call them?  Fundies?  Sounds too much like fundus...barf. 

But neither of us ever dated.  I feel like, my relationships in the past were either FWB because I was too busy or apathetic for a relationship, or a date turned INTO a relationship.  

TLDR we love each other and are 100% committed emotionally and sexually and partner-ly.  I suck at dating.

How do you feel about Swiss girls?  French or German speaking?  And yea, I saw her doing the hspu in the back of your video.  I won't make the O_O face.  

Erik and I are totes monogamous, but we like to joke that if our lives had gone differently (didn't meet each other), he would have easily ended up in a lifetime relationship with a man, and I with a woman.  He is okay with me making my silly ladylove jokes and appreciating the female body and I am okay with him shopping for gay-dude underwear and eyeballing the models.  What did we call them?  Fundies?  Sounds too much like fundus...barf. 

But neither of us ever dated.  I feel like, my relationships in the past were either FWB because I was too busy or apathetic for a relationship, or a date turned INTO a relationship.  

TLDR we love each other and are 100% committed emotionally and sexually and partner-ly.  I suck at dating.

do they live in NYC? because i don't do LDRs. 

also, i'm glad you found erik. i guess sometimes we think the grass is greener...

I wish I was more like that.

aww mir. i <3 you. 

do they live in NYC? because i don't do LDRs. 

also, i'm glad you found erik. i guess sometimes we think the grass is greener...

I guess I just see people as people as people.  I'm happy to love anyone, as long as they are bipedal for the most part.  Before Erik, none of my relationships with either gender ever had staying power, so I never excluded myself from one or the other (or all the inbetween).  It just worked out this way for us. 

I will have to scout for Swiss girls in NYC.  My SIL is pretty cute and she's going back to teh States this month, but pretty dumb....

...don't tell her I said that.

Hugs abound, Mir. Hugs abound.

Here if you need us. For real. Mental and emotional exhaustion is no fun and... well... exhausting.

I wish I had something helpful to say. But I'm good at listening!

Hoping I can just go home after work tonight and relax. Maybe show up in chat...maybe read...I don't know.

I'm not sure what to do about Life in general. Thinking I need to finally pick up the phone and call a counseling place (I meant to do this all summer but never did).

Hoping I can just go home after work tonight and relax. Maybe show up in chat...maybe read...I don't know.

I'm not sure what to do about Life in general. Thinking I need to finally pick up the phone and call a counseling place (I meant to do this all summer but never did).

<3 <3 <3