Tiggs86 Falldown7times Standup8

Amandaba

WEEK 1

GOAL 1: Complete at least one workout everyday (but one!) that I'm not working. -whelp I had another Chiropractor appointement today after work. I think I'm good to go. Was told to make an appointment for next week should it start to bother again, he thinks I might just need one more appointment but we'll see. It tolerated my work weekend and the only pain I get is when I wake up (I must have been sleeping funny) otherwise I think I'm pretty much fixed! I think I may try a run this evening if I get done with supper before it gets dark out, that's happening so fast all of a sudden! So no workouts last week but that was planned already, now it's time to rock and get myself back on track! Super excited to be able to get earning some points on fitocracy FINALLY! Was getting so envious of everyone else! -No grading- bye week

GOAL 2: Use fruit/veggie with every meal. This past week I haven't done that for 5 meals. Take out the 2 byes for eating out and I'm at 3 missed, 2 of which were breakfast this weekend when I got home late and just wanted something fast so I could get to bed (stupid nightshift). I think this week I'll bring an apple or grapes with me to work so I can eat them on the way home and don't resort to toast (I have mini quiches ready to go, but it takes me awhile to eat them-I'm not sure why).  -3 out of 13 (I missed a lot  of meals this week as well-night shift screws with my appetite so much!) 76% B for this week (I love fruit and fresh/steamed veggies why do I struggle so much!)

Life Quest: Everyday I am not working and am going to be around I will spend at least one hour on housework or crafts. -this I was able to get 100% on! WHOOP WHOOP!. I'm starting to get my thing one and thing to fabrics in the mail and am getting excited for those. I'm also starting to get my supplies in for my Halloween costume (thinking about going as a peacock) all I need to find now is a tutu that isn't too expensive and I think I'll have it! with, hopefully minimal effort cuz I already have a lot on my plate craftwise.

Also super excited, there's going to be a 1st annual zombie pub crawl in the town close to where I live! AND I GET TO GO! AHHHHHH! AND it's for charity! (Operation Happy Note- it's a local charity, run by my awesome punk rockin' neighbor, that buys musical instruments to send to troops as a part of therapy/comfort)  And in other awesome charity news! My Relay for Life team is trying to get together a 5k "Oktoberfest" themed the weekend before Halloween, which will be awesome as well, I wanna run it but pretty sure we're gonna need all hands on deck to make things run smoothly (none of us has actually put on a 5k before).  AND my friends (that I visited in New Zealand this past April) are FINALLY COMING HOME!!!!!! After going on a world-wide adventure for a year!  :highly_amused:

I've also decided to add another challenge of sorts to this,  if I remember to do it, it will be easypeezy! I think since I didn't use all of my points earlier I will make this worth 2WIS

My bank accounts are less than I'm comfortable with (due to unexpected costs and gifts to myself-oops) so I'm going to start saving. Each payperiod (every 2 weeks starting this Friday) I will transfer $50 into my savings account. I also will be putting money in a jar weekly for savings (this will more than likely be a "fun money" jar but I can't access until a year is over. It starts out as $1 for week one, $2 week 2, $3 week 3 etc. It's suppose to save $1378 after 52 weeks. I won't see much happening in this challenge up hopefully it'll get the ball rolling and next year I'll have a healthy savings account! Here's the link that shows bettter. http://stuckathomemom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/RedishUpdatedThe52WeekMoneyChallenge.png

"I don't want you to save me. I want you to stand by my side as I save myself."-unknown

Woo so great to read such a positive post! 

Glad to see you are good to go with exercise. Take it easy first! 

It's really odd that you are struggling with fruits/veggies if you like them :D Try to make it another habit I guess? I know it takes time but you'll get there :)

Zombie pub crawl - I didn't know I wanted it before I read about it in your post. It's going to be legendary. Post zombie photos!

Woo so great to read such a positive post! 

Glad to see you are good to go with exercise. Take it easy first! 

It's really odd that you are struggling with fruits/veggies if you like them :D Try to make it another habit I guess? I know it takes time but you'll get there :)

Zombie pub crawl - I didn't know I wanted it before I read about it in your post. It's going to be legendary. Post zombie photos!

Thanks laurabzz! And Zombie pubcrawls ARE awesome! I've gone to 3 (2 in Fargo 1 in Minneapolis). It's really great when the rest of the community doesn't know what's happening and gets a little freaked out(one year, as we were walking to the pub crawl route, we were stopped by a police officer to ask us if we were ok!). I've done zombie nurse, Dorothy (from wizard of oz), and Rainbow Brite. This year I think I'm probably just going to wear a t-shirt and pants. However, my t-shirt DOES say "the hardest part about the zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited" so it'll still be cool. =) Either that or if I have time to paint it - a Where's Waldo outfit.

"I don't want you to save me. I want you to stand by my side as I save myself."-unknown

Thanks laurabzz! And Zombie pubcrawls ARE awesome! I've gone to 3 (2 in Fargo 1 in Minneapolis). It's really great when the rest of the community doesn't know what's happening and gets a little freaked out(one year, as we were walking to the pub crawl route, we were stopped by a police officer to ask us if we were ok!). I've done zombie nurse, Dorothy (from wizard of oz), and Rainbow Brite. This year I think I'm probably just going to wear a t-shirt and pants. However, my t-shirt DOES say "the hardest part about the zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited" so it'll still be cool. =) Either that or if I have time to paint it - a Where's Waldo outfit.

Do you have any pictures you could share?  Sounds awesome!

some from previous crawls....I've posted them here:http://s868.photobucket.com/user/Tiggs86/slideshow/Zoms

Not many photos during, mostly beforehand. Things get kinda sticky otherwise (actually our 1st year I laid my arm on a table and had to yank with the other to get it off, from that crawl on someone ALWAYS has some baby powder on hand to de-stickify ourselves. It doesn't look as realistic but is saves a lot of skin and hair)

-Terosx-haha, yea that was my idea (and my handwriting-we decided I had the most serial killer-esque hand writing out of the group).

UPDATE!

I don't have much to say. Monday I slept ALL DAY pretty sure I was only awake for 2 hours before going back to bed for the night. Tuesday I went on a shopping trip to Fargo and was gone all day, therefore decided to use it as my "all but one day I'm not working" day to miss a workout. Wednesday was sleeping again to prepare for nights, worked Wed and Thursday and now it's Friday and about to rain (I'm not hardcore enough, nor do I trust me knee enough to run in the rain). So no workouts so far. Tomorrow and Sunday will be those days. And next week I only work Mon and Tues nights then 9days off so workout mania.

As far as food goes, I used my two meals without F/V on Tuesday when we were gone and didn't have anything with my supper last night so right now I'm 7/10. I bought some little grape, apple, cheese things for breakfast after nights and they worked pretty good, except I felt like an idiot carrying it in and out of work-the container was shaped like Mickey Mouse's head and had his picture on it. Will definitely be doing something like that again (except homemade so I don't look a fool!)

Craftwise/houseworkwise-I was given a pile of mending to do from my parents and thankfully they were quick fixes. This weekend I'm going to be tackling my car and giving it a through clean as well as hopefully making some headway on the quilt!

WEEK 2!

GOAL 1: Complete at least one workout everyday (but one!) that I'm not working.

Workout-wise this week was the "short week". Meaning I worked alotta nights and slept most of my time at home. I get for interval jogging yesterday for an hour and was to freakin excited today, after I bought some make-up, to see if I can still rock the zombie make-up, rushed home and skipped the gym (oops). So missed one workout this week, got one done. Next week I'm off after Wednesday (sleep day!) until next Friday then I start Dayshift again and will be able to have a shadow of a life and not feel so darn exhausted ALL THE TIME! (I'm not grading week to week since my schedule is so screwy) 1/2 =(

GOAL 2: Use fruit/veggie with every meal.  14/16 87% B

Food-wise I have missed 4/16 meals. Take out the two "byes" this week for 2 meals missed. This week I'm planning on making a delish crockpot porkshoulder withonions an carrots and celery! SO EXCITED!

Life Quest: Everyday I am not working and am going to be around I will spend at least one hour on housework or crafts. 100% on craft/housework though this week

it's really been mostly housework, with the exception of the impromtu mending pile I was handed. Cleaned my car for the whole hour today, my Grandma asked me if someone was moving or if I was selling it because she'd "never seen someone clean their car so thoroughly!"

Late entry GOAL 3-  I'm going to start saving. A++

I discovered I could set my account to automatically withdraw $50 every other Friday! Now I CAN'T forget! A+ (I've also kept up with my weekly Mason Jar deposit-Week 7- $7placed in jar)

Going to visit my friends this coming weekend (as mentioned earlier) and I don't really know if I'll get much done challenge-wise while I'm there Fri eve-Sun eve.

PS here's what came of my workout skipping make-up session (there's not even any gore yet!) 12365_10100287285624439_1313849089_n_zps

Thought about leaving the make-up on so I'd freak out the BF when he came to pick me up but decided that might be a little much at this point... :nevreness:

I just saw you photo....awesome job on the makeup.  I would have loved to have seen the BFs reaction if you had left it on, but it sounds like this is a pretty new relationship.  Probably a good choice.  :)

I don't have one.....yet. Going to ask Savers thrift store when they start putting them out (the one an hour away had a rack the length of the store a couple of years ago, AND an employee so excited to help you find the ugliest sweater possible!)

UPDATE!

No workouts thus far, I've been working Nights. Had a head cold last couple of days that turned into a chest cold today so won't be doing any running 'til that clears, but planning on doing some weight tomorrow after my CPR test-out.

Foods-As far as I recall all of my meals have had fruit/veggie in them (I forgot to mark them off when I got home in the mornings)

Housework/crafts-Once again work, I've worked, showered, ate, and slept.

Terosx- just google ugly sweater 5k - but yea basically a 5k in ugly sweaters with holiday theme decor, hot chocolate and Sam Adams. Proceeds benefit Toys for Tots.

Feel better soon.  Aren't you off nights soon for a couple weeks?  Reading about your work schedule makes me tired.  

thanks, and yea I just started my week off in transition to my Dayshift schedule. I'll be able to get more done then. Today I did not go to the gym as planned. I got short of breath just doing my test-out (which really is not that strenuous), felt feverish and REALLY tired. Decided it wouldn't do me any good to go to the gym, feel even weaker and cough all over the equipment. Tomorrow I head to the cities (2.5hours away) to visit my friends (yayness!)Hoping I'll be feeling better by then, I think I'm turning a corner tonight(though it could just be the coffee I had giving me some pep). I might try to do some running while I'm down there but I can't make any guarantees as I'm unfamiliar with the area. Also can't guarantee I'll get my fruit and veggies in, though I may but some grapes or something for the group to snack on go I can at least get SOMETHING.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines