Tiggs86 Falldown7times Standup8

Amandaba

WEEK 3

GOAL 1: Complete at least one workout everyday (but one!) that I'm not working. -Well I haven't gotten any of those done this week, but have been struggling with a chest cold. I DID feel better this weekend, but my cough was so course and all weekend was cold and rainy. I didn't want to go out for a run in that (and like that) and make it worse! Man I'm having issues with my health this challenge. Cough is still there, but more infrequent and the weather is now cooperating so my plan is to go for a run this afternoon. Making this one a bye week since I was sick. No Grading/Bye Week d/t illness

GOAL 2: Use fruit/veggie with every meal.  I actually did pretty well on this one this week. I missed two meals (both when I was on the road-stopped at McDonalds for convenience and my guts reminded me that I wasn't supposed to be eating fast food anymore ughhhh.... remove those two meals and I'm at  16/16 YAY! We actually ate pretty healthy (with the exception of snacks), because one of the friends LOVES to make homemade food, her boyfriend is on a gluten-free kick and there is another friend in the group that has been working on his weight for the last year or so, SO she intentionally made a weekend menu full of fruit and veggies and rather healthy. Best part is she's going to e-mail the recipes!  16/16 100% WHOOP!

Life Quest: Everyday I am not working and am going to be around I will spend at least one hour on housework or crafts.  Nightshift and nightshift recovery, as well as being gone for the weekend took up much of my week this time, but I did get my time in Thurs-crafts Fri-housework (it helps that I refuse to leave for even 2days without making sure my house is picked-up. 100% once more!

Late entry GOAL 3-  I'm going to start saving. -Will be putting my $8 (for week 8) in the drawer once finished *goes to purse to dig for change* 100%

Going to be heading into town shortly to get my groceries, and hopefully me Ipod; I brought it in Thursday being told it'd be done by Friday and it wasn't. Was promised it would be completed by today (and it better, when I dropped it off, I was told it would only take 3 hours to fix and opted to leave it overnight since I wasn't feeling well and didn't want to wait around.

Half-way! Hope everyone is doing great!

"I don't want you to save me. I want you to stand by my side as I save myself."-unknown

quick question- does anyone here use coconut oil? and do you use it as if it were butter or vegetable oil as far a stir-fry goes at least?

I use it exactly like I would butter, or olive oil.

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

thanks guys!

UPDATE!

Monday I slept until 12:30 in the afternoon (for real!) I was so sleep deprived from the weekend, used it as my "except one" day. Also got my Ipod back all shiny and new :highly_amused:  and chipped one of my front teeth :livid: which is making this fruit and veggie thing a bit difficult as I was planning on eating a lot of apples and pears this week and now am afraid to bite into anything hard until I can see a dentist next week to make sure it'll be ok! I did work on crafts for 1 hour.

Tuesday I picked up a shift at work and if possible I think I'm going to just use this as a throw away, let's not count it day. Long story short I didn't get to eat anything, but two saltine crackers and a half a glass of water on the fly, from my late lunch Monday until 4:30pm Tuesday, I don't think I've come so close to tears at work since I was a newbie nurse. Someone on the oncoming shift asked if I'd had a bad day because I was "flushed and peaked". THEN couldn't get through to my insurance to find a dentist in their network! Ate at a fast food place across the street from the hospital due to being so freakin' hangry, went home and pretty much just put myself to bed so I wouldn't bite anyone's head off. I

TODAY!  I went for a run this afternoon, was admiring the scenery, they must have JUST re-tarred the trail, and nearly stepped on a snake. There was some shrieking of four letter words and I'm pretty sure I ran a little faster. Not sure who was more freaked myself or the snake I nearly squashed!

"I don't want you to save me. I want you to stand by my side as I save myself."-unknown

Oh my god I would die if I saw a snake on my path! (however I live in Scotland so that would really be unexpected)

I use coconut oil for some of my stir frys and other stuff in general. I like the taste and smell it leaves.

WEEK 4

GOAL 1: Complete at least one workout everyday (but one!) that I'm not working. -Worked on 5k Training Wed and Thurs, worked Tues, Fri and the Weekend-100% yay (though not really difficult when it's my "busy week")

GOAL 2: Use fruit/veggie with every meal.  5 meals missed out of (I believe 15-I actually got so busy/frustrated my tracking fell apart, and yes that's few meals but there were a couple days I only got to eat once). With the 2 "byes" that's  12/15 80% B for this week

Life Quest: Everyday I am not working and am going to be around I will spend at least one hour on housework or crafts. - Got 100% once more!

Late entry GOAL 3-  I'm going to start saving. -Will be putting my $8 (for week 8) in the drawer once finished *goes to purse to dig for change* 100%

On that note, how well do those at home pull-up bars work? I'm trying REALLY hard to penny pinch (between the my car  troubles this summer, chiropractor the start of the challenge, and my tooth, my bank account is crying), so I was thinking about dropping my gym membership, or putting it on hold if they'll let me, for a few months and working out at home. Just do the body weight training plan. There is a treadmill in my craft room to use once the snow flies (it's not mine but it's "stored" there, I don't think it's been used since I was learning how to walk again after my knee incident)  Then I can't have the excuse that I don't want to waste gas driving to town to go to the gym or that I was in the mood but didn't have my clothes.

Worried about my dental appt tomorrow, afraid of what they may find with my tooth (and all of my other teeth I haven't seen a dentist in at least 5years-was under the impression my insurance only covered emergency care not preventative-kinda miffed when I found out they covered preventative and always have! My other teeth have decided to start hurting tonight, just thinking about it!

And @ Laurabzz- I HATE SNAKES! but here there are only garter snakes-practically harmless but no less creepy-especially when they blend in with the tar! My hair stood on end just looking at the photo that came up when I was looking at how to spell "Garter"

Yeah, I need to get to the dentist as well.  Hopefully it'll go better than the dr. appointment I had.  I have no idea abotu the home pullup bars, but I canceled my gym membership about 2 weeks ago (finally) and I've gotten into a good enough routine over the past 6 months that home gyms>regular gyms.  Save gas on travel, save time on travel, no excuses to not go, protected from the elements, can listen to any song (I play songs on youtube and can't get them through itunes), and never any glares. 

Will you be making your own pull up bar or buying one?

I'll be buying one, I can make costumes and quilts-but not my own equipment. I actually found one for $20 that is adjustable, meaning I can do body weight rows and work my way up to a pullup.

The dentist went fine, my tooth is fine, he could do some work on my front teeth to make them "even" but I just told them that it matches the other front tooth I chipped when I was a kid, and so long as it's not going to be a danger to the health of the tooth, I'll leave it alone.

Survived Alexzombia. Here are the photos-http://s868.photobucket.com/user/Tiggs86/slideshow/Zoms

I actually had a complete stranger come up to my group of friends, in the check-in parking lot going "I hear you have extra blood and make-up" (the guy had no idea what a Zombie Pub Crawl was and showed up as if he were going out). SO I ended up doing his make-up and my boyfriend  got him bloody-ish (being careful not ruin his jeans, he removed his outershirt and didn't care about his undershirt), and he ended up getting some blood in his eye (the blood is home-made -corn syrup, chocolate syrup, dye and dish soap so it hurt A LOT!), I assisted him to the closest bathroom (at a bar a block away) gave him instructions on how to rinse out his eye, then walked him back to the car to redo his make-up. He was so damn excited over getting zombiefied, he tried to pay me, I told him no of course. I'm more than happy to help out with zombification and introduce people to the pub crawl experience.

WEEK 5

GOAL 1: Complete at least one workout everyday (but one!) that I'm not working. - Man I got so caught up getting prepared for Alexzombia this week, and socializing I didn't workou0/2 F

I will be checking into when I should cancel/suspend my gym membership, and get an a pull-up bar to use at home this winter so weather and the time it takes to drive to the gym cannot be an excuse

GOAL 2: Use fruit/veggie with every meal.  I made a Chicken Tortellini soup that had a ton of celery, carrots and onions in it. I also got stuff to make salads for an afternoon at work snack so I've done pretty well this week. 4 meals out of 15 missed veggie-wise. 2 byes make it 13/15 87% B

Life Quest: Everyday I am not working and am going to be around I will spend at least one hour on housework or crafts. - Got 100% once more! Nearly done with quilt #2 was hoping to get it done this weekend but Alexzombia took up A LOT of time and cleaning had to come first. I DID finish my Halloween costume though. (please ignore the bags clothes to go to Goodwill and my bags of half finished crafts)

1395994_10100301000469779_1851747143_n_z

Late entry GOAL 3-  I'm going to start saving. - 100%

Survived Alexzombia. Here are the photos-http://s868.photobucket.com/user/Tiggs86/slideshow/Zoms

I actually had a complete stranger come up to my group of friends, in the check-in parking lot going "I hear you have extra blood and make-up" (the guy had no idea what a Zombie Pub Crawl was and showed up as if he were going out). SO I ended up doing his make-up and my boyfriend  got him bloody-ish (being careful not ruin his jeans, he removed his outershirt and didn't care about his undershirt), and he ended up getting some blood in his eye (the blood is home-made -corn syrup, chocolate syrup, dye and dish soap so it hurt A LOT!), I assisted him to the closest bathroom (at a bar a block away) gave him instructions on how to rinse out his eye, then walked him back to the car to redo his make-up. He was so damn excited over getting zombiefied, he tried to pay me, I told him no of course. I'm more than happy to help out with zombification and introduce people to the pub crawl experience.

haha sounds like a really great time :D

Looking good, now I have caught up...

Alexzombia looked like fun. One day I will participate in our local Zombie shuffle (it was on a couple of weekends ago but I have been busy/tired/overcommitted/insert another excuse here). Your Halloween costume is looking fantastic!

Aussie Bush Ranger - Training with the Monks

'I'll fight but not surrender', cried the wild colonial... GRRL!

Project 365 - Becoming BatGirl

Current Challenge

Awesome photos! I wish we had zombie pub crawl over here (or maybe we do... *googles frantically*)

Very good idea to get some (useful) workout equipment at home for no excuses thing. I'm thinking about buying a kettlebell for the same reason.

Love the feathers!

it sounds like a good idea terosx. how do i do that? just fill em with sand? i do have 3 unopened water jugs (I bought in case we needed some more washing after RFYL.

Yes.  You can fill with sand or you can throw some concrete mix in there.  whichever you think will suit you.  I currently have 4 water jugs with sand (2 big grip, 2 normal grip).  I'll be 'upgrading' to cement real soon though.

WEEK 6

GOAL 1: Complete at least one workout everyday (but one!) that I'm not working. -Worked Mon and Tues. Wednesday I used as a day off, Thurs I decided to try my hand at kettlebells (my gym has this "Fitness on demand" studio which is basically workout videos you can choose from and work out to. Totally kicked my butt, I actually had to quit half way through I was getting dizzy. BTW I was only using a 15Lb weight. Friday I got wrapped up in finishing quilt #2 and carving pumpkins for my Relay for Life run/walk 5K (that was held today!).  No excuse for Saturday and today I did a lot of bending, stooping, hauling, walking and a bit of running with getting things set-up and in order for the 5K (I even lost two knuckles (scraped the skin right off!) and went through and entire box of chalk drawing out arrows along the route). It was a blast and didn't take real long. I was on Mile marker 2 and the last person past me 35 min after the 5K started! 2/4 50%  C

I'm still super sore from kettlebells and am thinking that I'll make that part of my next challenge, and wait to ditch the gym.

GOAL 2: Use fruit/veggie with every meal.  13/19 80% B

Life Quest: Everyday I am not working and am going to be around I will spend at least one hour on housework or crafts. - 100%! Quilt #2 finished, Stocking #1 started. And I've figured out my fabrics for the remaining quilts

IMG_3103_zps627e9195.jpg

Late entry GOAL 3-  I'm going to start saving. - 100%

Fall down seven times, Stand-up eight- Japanese Proverb 

WRAP-UP!

GOAL 1: Complete at least one workout everyday (but one!) that I'm not working: 50% C With being out of commision for 2 weeks on account of illness and injury and being lazy and busy; I hardly worked out this time around! GAH! Earned- 1.5 STR 1.5STA

GOAL 2: Use fruit/veggie with every meal: 81% B  Earned- 1.5CON 1.5CHA

Life Quest: Everyday I am not working and am going to be around I will spend at least one hour on housework or crafts- 100% A 2 quilts done, one stocking started, costume completed, pumpkins carved AND my place doesn't feel like a tornado's hit! SCORE!  3WIS

Late entry GOAL 3 I'm going to start saving- 100% easy peazy once I got it started! 2WIS

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines