Welcome!

Hi I'm Xena and this is my first challenge.

I am active on Nerd Fitness and with my lifestyle change since 3 weeks. My overall priority goal is to lose weight, so far I've lost about 3 lbs.

I achieved that by sticking to this 3 subgoals:

Current Goals (until 1st Challenge starting at Sept. 16th):

• Include vegetables or fruits to every meal (doesn't matter how small it is! Even if its just a bite!)
  • Exercise 2-3 times a week, one day rest in between
  • Reduce junk food to three days a week  

My main goal for this challenge is:

• lose 7lbs.

I've lost a pound per week so far but since this is a challenge, I wanted to push myself a bit. So by losing 7lbs I would lose more than usual and it's doable.

This I want to achieve by modifying/ heading to the next level with my previous 3 subgoals:

• One meal per day shall have a decent amount of vegs/fruits

At least a handful, for salad and stir fry's two hands full. Eating at least a small amount of veg or fruits on the other meals. 

23.09.: changed to: Eat more than 1500 kcal every day! (for all meals it's still including veg or fruit but amount doesn't matter.)

• By the end of the challenge, be able to do 5 proper push ups!

At the moment, I am doing 2 circuits of BBWW 3 times a week and can do 4 wannabe push ups (can move about 2 inches downwards...). I will continue to do 3 workouts per week, working my way up to 3 circuits. Everything else workout-wise besides this is for fun (like my weekly "let's go swimming" with my friends - that's more gossiping than exercise anyway :D). Yeah, 5 push ups are quite tough, but this is a challenge and I NEED a challenge to fire me up.

• Reduce junk food to two days a week

That's pretty much self-explaining. This week I felt like 3 days of junk food is too much and 'stealing away' my success. So let's go for less!

Life side quest:

• Improve at talking to people!

I am somewhat awkward and shy when talking to people. Not always! But sometimes this I-am-unable-to-speak-properly side takes over. And I notice how I slur, stutter and don't get the right timing for saying something. One could think this may be because I am not from the UK (where I am living since 6 months) and this is not my first language. But this happens to me in my own language as well. A lot.

There is a history to that. As a kid, I was very shy, scared of almost everything and barely talked. Between 8 and 13 I had problems with lisping and stuttering. It improved, I luckily needed no therapy for it but sometimes.... I just can't talk and am ridiculously nervous. Though I have a lot of friends and am described as charismatic and self concious and nice, I still get this episodes. I am just like that, it's part of me. I am good in thinking, not in talking. But that doesn't mean I can't improve :D

So yesterday I've read this article on Nerd Fitness and I am going to make it a goal to get a weekly score of 10 (Concious attempts) and look up one book or article per week to give me new "working material"

My motivation:

Ok, now it's getting cheesy. Yes, I did this and no, I am not six years old. But Pictures are just soo much better than plain text. Even crippled ones. They'll get into your head!

20130914_162106.jpg

Please don't judge my ability to succeed in this challenge by my drawing abilities ;)

Don't know if it's readable but it says:

"My 6-week challenge motivation:

Short term:

- My rain jacket should fit (bit too tight at the moment, can't move freely)

In between:

- Want to fit into my leather jacket again! (currently, it's more like a corset... 8 inches to go!)

Long term:

- No more worries for my beloved ones about my health!"

This is now hung up next to my bed, I am sure it keeps me motivated!

In addition to that, I've got quite a long list of motivation in my battle log.

There you'll also find my reward and punishment system that keeps me accountable and my crisis plan when things go wrong.

I am going to post my starting infos like weight etc. on Monday, doesn't make sense to step on the scale now :)

That's it, let's begin!

- A smooth sea never made a skillfull sailor - 

My Battle Log|1st|2nd challenge!

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

Str: 2 | Dex: 1 | Sta: 1 | Con: 1 | Wis: 5 | Cha : 3

From 121 cm waist to 90 cm

29%
29%

Congratulations on your headstart of 3 lbs lost.  I like the goals, very reasonable. Good luck with this challenge.

Thanks a lot! Could be even more, I'll see that on Monday. Reasonable sounds good to me :D

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

29%
29%

You and me seem to be in a similar boat. I'm trying to add more veggies in my diet, lose about 6-8 pounds, and my push ups are pretty pitiful. I'm hoping to be able to do one REAL push up by the end of this challenge, but maybe now I'll try for 5 too. lol but good goals and also good luck in the challenge.

Race: Human

Profession: Ranger  Lvl: 2

Progress Pictures - Current Challenge

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2

Hey Xena !

Loving your goals, they're attainable but at the same time challenging to you. Glad we're part of this together, we are going toile sure we

really rock this challenge. Good luck!

Race: Dwarf Class: Ranger Level: 3

STR: 9 | DEX: 7 | STA: 9 | CON: 6 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 8

Current-5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

You and me seem to be in a similar boat. I'm trying to add more veggies in my diet, lose about 6-8 pounds, and my push ups are pretty pitiful. I'm hoping to be able to do one REAL push up by the end of this challenge, but maybe now I'll try for 5 too. lol but good goals and also good luck in the challenge.

:D We ARE in the same boat! Cool! I am going to sneak into you challenge log and see how you're doing from time to time ;) What are real push ups for you? Since I've got a lot of tummy, I decided a proper push up for me is to go 7 inches down and back up again. I think can't go down much further, too much blocking the way :D

I'm working on large sets of "half pushups" right now.  I put 2 stacked yoga blocks under my hips and lower until I lightly touch them.  I'm aiming to get 2 sets of 25 before attempting a real one.  I have limp noodle arms.  :redface:

Wow, that's a good plan! I think I'll be switching to incline push ups and lowering them from time to time. I somehow feel like this will train me better than knee supported push ups ^o^

Hey Xena !

Loving your goals, they're attainable but at the same time challenging to you. Glad we're part of this together, we are going toile sure we

really rock this challenge. Good luck!

Hey, thank you! Yeah, thats exactly what I was aiming for! I want to see progress, but don't want to get tired on the long run. And it's gonna take a while for me to reach my goal! I am so glad I have you guys, too! Let's rock it hard!! :GB_bonesrock:

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

29%
29%

Well that will be good if you look in on my progress (now I know someone will actually be watching lol). As for the push ups, right now I'm having trouble doing them on my knees (my upper body strength is really bad). So I guess by the end of the 6 weeks if I can do a real push up, maybe going at least half way down would be good.

Race: Human

Profession: Ranger  Lvl: 2

Progress Pictures - Current Challenge

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2

Hey Xena,

Good luck on your goals!!

I'm Sophia and it's my first challenge too so maybe we can help each other stay on track a bit.

I absolutely love your cartoon! XD

It seems like quite a few of us girls can't do proper push-ups yet so it'll be really cool to see how much we all progress in the next six weeks :)

Level 0 Pixie

STR 0 / DEX 0 / STA 0 / CON 0 / WIS 0 / CHA 0

OMG

Princess Mononoke!!! My absolute(!) all time favourite movie!!! :o OMGOMG! i even have the japanese art book, and I usually don't have that kind of stuff...

Thank you very much for the compliment! :D I am actually very good in drawing, but not comics^^ I just thought, you want it to get it into your head, so be creative! :)

I'll help you with staying on track :)

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

29%
29%

OMG

Princess Mononoke!!! My absolute(!) all time favourite movie!!! :o OMGOMG! i even have the japanese art book, and I usually don't have that kind of stuff...

Thank you very much for the compliment! :D I am actually very good in drawing, but not comics^^ I just thought, you want it to get it into your head, so be creative! :)

I'll help you with staying on track :)

I absolutely love the  film - especially the music. It's just so touching. 

I can't draw a thing so I envy people who can draw. :3

Hooray exercise buddies :)

Level 0 Pixie

STR 0 / DEX 0 / STA 0 / CON 0 / WIS 0 / CHA 0

Well that will be good if you look in on my progress (now I know someone will actually be watching lol). As for the push ups, right now I'm having trouble doing them on my knees (my upper body strength is really bad). So I guess by the end of the 6 weeks if I can do a real push up, maybe going at least half way down would be good.

I think one real push up is doable.

just had a glimpse on my very first workout three weeks ago and I could only do the 10 push ups by having breaks in between. And now, after three weeks (9 work outs) I do almost 3 circuits and 4 almost push ups!

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

29%
29%

I absolutely love the  film - especially the music. It's just so touching. 

I can't draw a thing so I envy people who can draw. :3

Hooray exercise buddies :)

Yup. I always cry when I am watching it. ALWAYS. *cough* ^^

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

29%
29%

Hi Princess Xena!

I love your drawings! I thought my motivation picture was weird because I did all of mine in a Lord of the Rings theme. haha

I like your goals, I'm on a similar track, but I haven't started making pound loss goals for myself yet. And, I totally get the "fit back into ______" motivation. I have pair of jeans that I'm itching to wear again. 

I'm sure you're going to rock it! :) Best of luck!

Hi Princess Xena!

I love your drawings! I thought my motivation picture was weird because I did all of mine in a Lord of the Rings theme. haha

I like your goals, I'm on a similar track, but I haven't started making pound loss goals for myself yet. And, I totally get the "fit back into ______" motivation. I have pair of jeans that I'm itching to wear again. 

I'm sure you're going to rock it! :) Best of luck!

Studio Ghibli again!! *_* :D  Thanks for the compliment :)

it's such a great feeling to fit into your old clothes again! Hope you can cure the itch soon :)

I'll have a look at your motivation pic, now I am curious!

Your challenge looks great! I bet you'll have those push-ups down in no time. :)

I am somehow not so sure about that... today, I did incline push up (I'll be doing them instead of modified knee push ups). I though its a good idea because then my muscles can get trained by doing the whole movement instead of just two inches... but it was really difficult! I think I have to put in some extra work for that! :D

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

29%
29%

Studio Ghibli again!! *_* :D  Thanks for the compliment :)

it's such a great feeling to fit into your old clothes again! Hope you can cure the itch soon :)

I'll have a look at your motivation pic, now I am curious!

I LOVE PRINCESS NAUSICAA! She is literally one of my biggest role models. She's a people's princess, a political ambassador, an environmentalist, botanist, warrior, loyal daughter, pilot, AND fights for peace among people and animals. <3   I want to BE her. lol

Thanks! I'm hoping for it. I absolutely hate buying new jeans anyway. 

Mine isn't nearly as artistic as yours is, but it's in a cheesy Lord of the Rings theme! lol

So, now I also found your challenge thread - will definitely follow and watch you beat those push ups into submission! ;)

You've got a good head start, and you'll rock this! \m/

:D Thanks!

Glad you found your way in ;)  Yep I am definitely planning to leave those damn push ups whining and begging for mercy - but it's going to be some serious work! I am ready for it *hrhrhr*

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

29%
29%

:D Thanks!

Glad you found your way in ;)  Yep I am definitely planning to leave those damn push ups whining and begging for mercy - but it's going to be some serious work! I am ready for it *hrhrhr*

That's the spirit! :tyrannosaurus:

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

I love your art! :o Am I the only one that genuinely expects updates in the form of cartoons now? I started doing that but in my journal - perhaps I too should share!

Subbed and following with interest!

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

Swampling:

tumblr_mhxxtnNGkN1rtc12jo1_500.gif

xD

I love your art! :o Am I the only one that genuinely expects updates in the form of cartoons now? I started doing that but in my journal - perhaps I too should share!

Subbed and following with interest!

Thanks so much!! :D Glad you like it ;) Well in that case I need to have a look at your cartoons too! :)

Hope your first day went well!

Hey you :)

Yes my first day went well, thank you :) It started with a nice surprise - see following post. But the day was very very busy, its almost 11 pm and I've still got like 2 hours of work for environmental biology to do *cryyy* - but swimming and sleeping was nice, and now I've got to pay the bill.

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

29%
29%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines