Way of the Turtle - Panczo's 6th challenge

Panczo

well my updating sucks as usual (mostly cause of not sitting in front of pc AT ALL recently) but fortunately my challenge doesn't :)

so week 3 was another success although it was tough since I was away saturday and sunday so I had to be more disciplined than usual...anyways:

week 3:

1. meditation 13x/week: 100% although one 15-minutes session was done in church during Holy Mass :)

2  math 210mins - 100% actually I've made 255mins :D not bad

3. healthy cooking x1 - 100% healthy salad from tuesday till saturday

4. activity for 15mins x3  - 100% - 3 restorative yoga sessions 45-minutes each which are in my meditation goal + FINALLY first dancing class :D it was fun although a bit clumsily... 

not bad, not bad kiddo...

2cpapoo.jpg

week 1 & 2:

1. meditation 13x/week: 100%

2  math 210mins- 100%

3. healthy cooking x1 - 100%

4. activity for 15mins x3  - 100%

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Hey, hope you're feeling a little better Panczo, I was ill last week and it sucks!!! 

Keep going Ninja Turtle, you're doing great.. Cowabunga!! ;)

thanks Kiara :) feeling better already but not 100% yet ... but still on Turtle Mode :D

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Hey, Panczo! Just wanted to check in with you. Love your challenge and that your half TMNT. So much awesome! Looks like your challenge is going great. I hope you continue to feel better. Keep up the great work, man!

Level 5 Wood Elf Assassin

STR 11.25 | DEX 9.5 | STA 15 | CON 11.75 | WIS 13 | CHA 13

Current Challenge - 4th3rd | 2nd1st

Accountabilibuddies - 3rd | 2nd | 1st

"A goal without a plan is just a wish." ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Hey, Panczo! Just wanted to check in with you. Love your challenge and that your half TMNT. So much awesome! Looks like your challenge is going great. I hope you continue to feel better. Keep up the great work, man!

Hey carnie, long time no see :) thx for words of encouragement - never too much of them :D

well just wanna say few things:

1. challenge is going great - with all that crazy hardcore meditation I feel like a machine somewhat :) I am still 100% and somehow I always DO the time to make it happen. It still amazes me :)

2. doing body scanning while lying on my back (corpse pose) and not moving is still making me very sleepy - I last entire 45 minutes session only twice - for about 18 tries - I wonder wheter that means that I am underslept or that my body is feeling better while at move. I think both might be true, altough I sleep regularly on averege 7,5h.

3. since week 3 I started yoga session mixed with body scanning - I like how it's discreatly strenghtening my body here and there. And I like the fact, that I'm not falling asleep during those sessions :)

4. I am ALMOST healthy - which means, next week I could finally get back to swimming !!!

5. I am after 2 dance classess :) they last 2 hours which is pretty intensive aerobic workout :) I already know the basics of blues, discofox and waltz :) still lots to learn - but I am glad we started it

ok, see ya around guys...

LOL, so funny.  :)  And still rocking it.  How fun do your dance lessons sound?  If it's one thing you excel at it's the challenges!

Meditation is going better this week.  Thanks for all the good advice, zen master!  :)

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Stars hide your fires for these here are my desires
And I won't give them up to you this time around
And so I'll be found with my stake stuck in the ground
Marking the territory of this newly impassioned soul ~ Mumford and Sons

There's just so much turtle in this thread!! You're doing so awesome this challenge, P! Sorry I haven't been around much. You are becoming a meditation master :)

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Allllleahooooo!  Where'd you go?!  :)

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

:D thanks guys, good to be around... I know my updates sucks, but I'm happy to say my challenge rocks, so even if I don't post much, I will write smth sooner or later :)

so about the challenge:

week 4 - 100% done :D:

2  math 210mins- 100% - that was tough one, I had to do 100minutes at sunday to reach my goal - but I "put my hard hat on" and I did in two 50 mins sessions :)

3. healthy cooking x1 - 100% again healthy salad from fresh veggies for entire week :)

4. activity for 15mins x3  - 100% acutally I made it 5 times cause I am doing yoga now which is both activity and meditation :)

week 1 & 2 & 3:

2  math 210mins- 100%

3. healthy cooking x1 - 100% -

week 5 and random facts:

1. week 5 is doing great - I already have my healthy cooking and activity goals reached. Rest is going good as well

2. week 4 and beginnings of week 5 I was feeling pretty down :/ mostly cause I read to much self-help books (I'm reading 3 at the moment and 5 are

waiting in line ;/) and then think too much about what I want to change and what I am not happy about... that's not good thing to do for my mood :) - I am living too much in my thoughts those days instead of in OUTSIDE world ... but I discovered that I am somewhat a self-help junkie and it's gonna take some time to change it into less destructive kind of hobby :) good thing is meditation helps in terms of realising these (and some other) thoughts of mine

3. I MISS LIFTING WEIGHTS :( - too bad my elbow is still aching. At monday I'm going to see orthopedist again. I guess he will give me new pills :(

4. My knee is feeling better - I rarely notice a little pain these days :)

5. Ohh we establish wedding date: it's 20.september 2014 :D

hope u all doing great people, see u around

slut!

Sounds like you are doing so great!!!  And yay on the wedding date!!!!!  That is totally cool!

It is easy to get bogged down in self-help and the mode of always improving your life.  I find if you've got a situation that doesn't make you unhappy, sometimes that's a good place to be.  Not everything has to be perfect, but of course you have to figure out what works for you.  Feel better, you're doing amazing!  :)

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

hey, again big gap beetween my posts, but no one cares anyway so :)

week 5 - 100% done :D

week 1 & 2 & 3 & 4:

2  math 210mins- 100%

3. healthy cooking x1 - 100% -

tthis challenge won't be 100% cause I passed 2 meditation this week - one was planned, and was not. This hardcore style is finally getting me down. But I will finish this week for the sake of the challenge and I will think about trimming it down to most optimal level. Cause there is no way I am dropping mediation all together - just need to find my sweet point :)

I must say I'm considering not participating in next challenge.

I feel little overwhelmed by all the goals and frankly I want a break. But on the other hand, I don't want to lose momentum that I build with my healthy cooking habit, meditation and learning math. Moreover I would like to add another habits around healthy eating and some exercising. But I don't feel like I am up for it...

maybe a challenge with not so challenging goals? Just to keep it rockin? ... will figure smth out :D

We care about your posts!  Lots of time I skim through on my iPhone to see what everyone is upto but don't manage a reply.  So exciting about the wedding date.

I am going to do a not-so-challanging-challenge next time just to keep my momentum; I let my eating slide a bit when I was sick, and I want bring it back in line.  I thought this one was not too challenging, but like your meditation, I'm really having trouble with that single full-body workout goal.  I'm so brain-dead when I get home it's hard to get up and go do a workout that requires thinking/paying attention (don't want to zone out while swinging a kettlebell!)

Don't let the self-help books overwhelm you.  You've made progress; and you'll make more. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

L I'm glad you are not giving up from challenges - you are total inspiration when it comes to working out and doing so many things around :D

it seems like many people found this challenge weirdly difficult and tiring ... maybe it's the time of the year or smth :) 

anyways I will probably do some kind of challenge - exactly just to keep the momentum and good habits I managed to build last challenges :)

ps. just to clear things up here - by typing "hey, again big gap beetween my posts, but no one cares anyway so  :)" I meant no one cares about big laps because u all know that's how I do it :) now I see it might looked like asking for Attention or smth :) which would be weird  :single_eye:

but of course, thanks Laureleye for checking in on me :)

ok, gotta go to work, see ya follks  :onthego:

I must say I'm considering not participating in next challenge.

I feel little overwhelmed by all the goals and frankly I want a break. But on the other hand, I don't want to lose momentum that I build with my healthy cooking habit, meditation and learning math. Moreover I would like to add another habits around healthy eating and some exercising. But I don't feel like I am up for it...

maybe a challenge with not so challenging goals? Just to keep it rockin? ... will figure smth out :D

It is a lot to do and sometimes the motivation just isn't there.  Whatever you choose to post or do, even if it isn't a full challenge, I'll be there following you and cheering you on!  :)

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

It is a lot to do and sometimes the motivation just isn't there.  Whatever you choose to post or do, even if it isn't a full challenge, I'll be there following you and cheering you on!   :)

thx Faraxk :) I think I will decide to participate with the challenge eventually, but I dont have the plan yet :)

okie dokie, I'm ready to do some summing up !!!!

Last week wasn't 100% cause my motivation level was pretty down, but still, I made it very nice and definetely I leveled up :D

Wrap up:

1. meditation 6 days/week: 97%

2  math 210mins- 96%

3. healthy cooking in bulks x1  >100%

4. activity for 15mins x3  > 100%

SCORE: LEVEL UP :)

final thoughts:

this challenge had one pretty tough component: meditation. I went through BUT I won't continue such hardcore style. I know now that 10-15minutes is optimal for me to focus on my breath and just sit quietly. Besides I would like to spend more time journaling about myself and important stuff in my life - which I think can have more positive impact than just sitting and breathing. And more positiveness is something I definetely want to create in my life cause recently these mild depression times come too often and I don't like them...

math is doing great. Last week I even negotiated 1 hour shorter workday so I can devote it to doing math in peace. I am starting to think seriously about doing some tutoring once I finish high school material.

Dance classess are demanding and reawerding at the same time - we really enjoy them and we have 2 more months of it :)

I didn't do much swimming this challenge, partly because my bad health and partly beacuse my elbow which is still in healing process - good news are my knee is fine!! Doc said I can run, squat and do whatever I want to with it :D

Anyways - not bad a challenge :D let's celebrate today, and from tommorow let's think about new goals !!

and most importantly: thanks everyone for checking up on me once in a while :)

OK, celebrating time::tmnt3-pc-end.gif

Your overall results look pretty good...and that gif is amazing. haha Have you decided what you're doing next challenge? I think doing something a little more low key might work for you. As long as you're moving toward being healthy any goal will work. Whatever it is I'll be around for encouragement.

Level 5 Wood Elf Assassin

STR 11.25 | DEX 9.5 | STA 15 | CON 11.75 | WIS 13 | CHA 13

Current Challenge - 4th3rd | 2nd1st

Accountabilibuddies - 3rd | 2nd | 1st

"A goal without a plan is just a wish." ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

thx carnie, I will be here for next round - but haven't decided yet about exact goals :D

btw. my new challenge links are in my sig :)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines