• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chairohkey

The Mead Hall: The Warrior Water Cooler

4 minutes ago, Br0din said:

did you go through your Grey to white transformation and return?

I actually had a weight loss challenge once about becoming Gainsdalf the Light. So, I sort of got half way through the transformation, then the Balrog punted me back up onto the bridge, all fat again.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

I actually had a weight loss challenge once about becoming Gainsdalf the Light. So, I sort of got half way through the transformation, then the Balrog punted me back up onto the bridge, all fat again.

welcome back, buddy :D so glad to see ya!!

and congrats too <3

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 7:08 AM, The Legendary Zoltan said:

Uhh. Sup? How about that Final Fantasy XV? That's all I have when it comes to "shooting the shiat" as they call it. ^_^

I finished Chapter 2 and am really enjoying it!

(irrelevant you say? the thread has moved one, you say? I say - you're probably right, but I'm going to comment anyway)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

I finished Chapter 2 and am really enjoying it!

(irrelevant you say? the thread has moved one, you say? I say - you're probably right, but I'm going to comment anyway)

I really want to play, but I am so hooked on No Man's Sky and haven't played anything else since I got hooked.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

I really want to play, but I am so hooked on No Man's Sky and haven't played anything else since I got hooked.

...And now I want to play No Man's Sky after looking it up.

I am will try to restrain myself until after I finish FFXV

3 hours ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

I was looking hard at No Man's Sky, but the reviews on Steam kept me from bothering. Just for more perspective, what is it that you like about it? (Reviews shmeviews, sometimes I like unpopular games, I'd rather hear from people who liked it?)

• Like 1

On 2/3/2017 at 0:18 PM, ixaera said:

I was looking hard at No Man's Sky, but the reviews on Steam kept me from bothering. Just for more perspective, what is it that you like about it? (Reviews shmeviews, sometimes I like unpopular games, I'd rather hear from people who liked it?)

It's an open ended sandbox with no real objective. It was billed as a massive space exploration game with multiplayer aspects where you chose how to play, be it trading, fighting or exploring. They didn't put any multiplayer content into it other than seeing if others have discovered something before you, and no actual story line of objective. You literally wonder around this procedurally generated galaxy of 10 quintillion star systems, discovering wildlife and plantlife on the planet and grinding toward a better ship, tool, and spacesuit. People hate on it so hard because of what it was advertised as compared to what they got, and rightfully so, it's no where near the amazing game that they billed. People feel like they overbilled it to rake in the preorder cash, then didn't follow through. That's where crap reviews are from.

Now, all that said, if you're the type of person that likes sandbox games for the freedom to do whatever you want, wander around, follow no plot, etc., it's amazing. The landscapes and animal life are gorgeous, even if they can get repetitive, but now and again you find these crazy gems. I'm currently on my way to The Hub, a location in space where a bunch of players are trying to 100% explore a portion of the galaxy. Since it's impossible to explore the entire thing (the entire human race would have to play for thousands of years or something like that), so they've made a reddit community around getting to one small portion. It's going  to take me 30-40 more hours just to get there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

It's an open ended sandbox with no real objective. It was billed as a massive space exploration game with multiplayer aspects where you chose how to play, be it trading, fighting or exploring. They didn't put any multiplayer content into it other than seeing if others have discovered something before you, and no actual story line of objective. You literally wonder around this procedurally generated galaxy of 10 quintillion star systems, discovering wildlife and plantlife on the planet and grinding toward a better ship, tool, and spacesuit. People hate on it so hard because of what it was advertised as compared to what they got, and rightfully so, it's no where near the amazing game that they billed. People feel like they overbilled it to rake in the preorder cash, then didn't follow through. That's where crap reviews are from.

Now, all that said, if you're the type of person that likes sandbox games for the freedom to do whatever you want, wander around, follow no plot, etc., it's amazing. The landscapes and animal life are gorgeous, even if they can get repetitive, but now and again you find these crazy gems. I'm currently on my way to The Hub, a location in space where a bunch of players are trying to 100% explore a portion of the galaxy. Since it's impossible to explore the entire thing (the entire human race would have to play for thousands of years or something like that), so they've made a reddit community around getting to one small portion. It's going  to take me 30-40 more hours just to get there.

Actually, that does sound right up my alley. I'll give it a shot next paycheck. I'm the type of person with 500 hours of Skyrim and most of my time was playing around with survival mods. And the game I spent playing a travelling alchemist. Got so rich, bought shiny gems and decked out my Falkreath house. (I basically had a mercenary follower that did ALL the fighting, because I was basically RPGing as an NPC...) Thanks for the honest review!

1 minute ago, ixaera said:

Actually, that does sound right up my alley. I'll give it a shot next paycheck. I'm the type of person with 500 hours of Skyrim and most of my time was playing around with survival mods. And the game I spent playing a travelling alchemist. Got so rich, bought shiny gems and decked out my Falkreath house. (I basically had a mercenary follower that did ALL the fighting, because I was basically RPGing as an NPC...) Thanks for the honest review!

Yep, does sound right up your alley. Luckily, all the used bins I've seen have dozens of copies of it. Last I checked it was $15, has probably fallen from there.

1 hour ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

Are you guys prepared for The Amorous Assessment of Anatomic Artillery?! You know what it is, come lift some heavy crap.

Given that name, it sounds more like an unusually cuddly visit to the urologist.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2017 at 4:16 PM, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

I mean, if you can call what you're packing artillery, I'm kinda jealous.

That quote from Rippetoe about smacking what you're packing on deadlifts might actually apply in that case.

"In response to someone who hit himself in the testicles when deadlifting: "You either have very short arms or very long nuts."

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, wildross said:

That quote from Rippetoe about smacking what you're packing on deadlifts might actually apply in that case.

"In response to someone who hit himself in the testicles when deadlifting: "You either have very short arms or very long nuts."

If I were a man, I'd definitely be smacking myself in the nuts.

I've been doing sumo and getting some interesting bruises from lock-out. Gotta love being a T-rex!

• Like 2

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:36 PM, SpecialSundae said:

If I were a man, I'd definitely be smacking myself in the nuts.

I've been doing sumo and getting some interesting bruises from lock-out. Gotta love being a T-rex!

Image result for trex meme

• Like 6

Well, I think the time has come. I've been an active member since January, 2011. NF has been a constant through 2 jobs changes, multiple suicide attempts by my wife, a diagnosis and treatment of cancer for myself, the birth of 4 or 5 grand babies and countless other things.

But for whatever reason, it is not filling a need anymore.

Part of it is probably me.

Part of it I know is some of the petty bickering that has broken out repeatedly (and not just the one person). It seems we can't even have a simple challenge without someone complaining that it isn't fair.

Part of it is the social climate and attitudes of the members. Perhaps due to my age, I see the drift/surge to the "left" on many issues...and I just don't want to have to deal with it.

I greatly value those of you who have become friends and I value the insights into other aspects of our culture that I had never seen before. My life is richer for having been a participant in this experiment.

I can be reached at jim.wildman@gmail.com, on Facebook as Jim Wildman, on Instagram and Twitter as jawildman

May your weights be heavy and your form pure!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 5

@wildross,

6 years is a good run and I know that you have had an incredibly positive impact of all you have interacted with on the forums.

Every person who's talked to me about you has spoken highly of your and expressed their admiration for your dedication, perseverance and wisdom. 

Course, you know where to find me ;)

• Like 2

I've gone through phases with things in my life as well and it is true that sometimes you outgrow something that used to be a part of your daily life. I have definitely learned from you and am wiser for you having been here! So if it's cool I added you on instagram. May the gainz be ever in your favor!

13 hours ago, wildross said:

Well, I think the time has come. I've been an active member since January, 2011. NF has been a constant through 2 jobs changes, multiple suicide attempts by my wife, a diagnosis and treatment of cancer for myself, the birth of 4 or 5 grand babies and countless other things.

Part of it I know is some of the petty bickering that has broken out repeatedly (and not just the one person). It seems we can't even have a simple challenge without someone complaining that it isn't fair.

Part of it is the social climate and attitudes of the members. Perhaps due to my age, I see the drift/surge to the "left" on many issues...and I just don't want to have to deal with it.

I greatly value those of you who have become friends and I value the insights into other aspects of our culture that I had never seen before. My life is richer for having been a participant in this experiment.

I can be reached at jim.wildman@gmail.com, on Facebook as Jim Wildman, on Instagram and Twitter as jawildman

Its been a good run and you'll be missed.

17 hours ago, wildross said:

Wildross:  Best of everything my friend.

You were a great help to me when I started here.  Best of everything to you.

On 3/26/2017 at 8:27 PM, wildross said:

Wufkar said it best, but I just wanted to reiterate! You have been a wealth of support and knowledge since I came on in 2013. I am glad to have interacted with you and your wife. I appreciate all of the advice you've provided over the past 4 years, thank you!

On 3/26/2017 at 8:27 PM, wildross said:

I have enjoyed getting to know you.  If you miss us....we'll be here.  

You.

Will.

Be.

Missed.

• Like 1