The Mead Hall: The Warrior Water Cooler

chairohkey

Can we get a "Shit Warriors Eat" sticky? I need to post pictures of the monotonous meals I eat.

i love this idea

The fact that you had to ask let's me know you're not ready.

Seth-aiku

Monster soccer calves

Looks in the mirror, fat shame

Kipping pull-ups now

hahahaha this is amazing

Not at all. Though, you can't make fun of me if you can do a kipping pull up.

that's not true, i can laugh at you all I want.

f00106044c429536cd89e.gif

Spezzy, the Arcane Skirmisher
Chaotic Good Quarter Elf Slayer/Magus
STR: 21 / DEX: 17 / CON: 14 / INT: 15 / CHA 15
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

That would be entertaining. Though my wife is light enough that I would probably feel like I was cheating.

Archbishop Turpin, above the rest, Spurred his steed to a jutting crest. His sermon thus to the Franks he spake: "Lords, we are here for our monarch's sake; Hold we for him, though our death should come; Fight for the succor of Christendom. The battle approaches - ye know it well, For ye see the ranks of the infidel. Cry mea culpa, and lowly kneel; I will assoil you, your souls to heal. In death ye are holy martyrs crowned." The Franks alighted, and knelt on ground; In God's high name the host he blessed, And for penance gave them - to smite their best.

There is no class so pitiably wretched as that which possesses money and nothing else.

http://notebookscrawl.blogspot.com/

Journal

Current Challenge

OH MY GOD. Somebody marry me quick!

Couples are nit required to be married. You want the beer, the money or the glory?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

The fact that you had to ask let's me know you're not ready.

Seth-aiku

Monster soccer calves

Looks in the mirror, fat shame

Kipping pull-ups now

Love it.

Where do you guys come up with these pictures, gifs and stuff (and no, I don't really want to know, I just need to sub to the thread)

googlefoo

There's a difference between being able to do a kipping pull-up and resorting to doing them. 

This

I'm still confused. :confused:

Seth is a ranger, and he's telling us or trying to tell us that we can't make fun if him if we can do pull-ups the wrong way that people who do crossfit try to do pull-ups that normal people are trying not to do pull-ups...

Hold on, did he really go ranger?

You would make the perfect wife to carry. Light and compact while bendy and strong enough to do most of the worrying of staying on while hubby runs and jumps over crap.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Not sure I can run 278 yards in less than 50 seconds even without the obstacles and carrying a load.  If you've ever watched the videos, it's a pretty raw deal for the wife.

Tally Sheet for 2019

I really do work at the best job with the best group of people. 

Boss: Does this look like a 1 to you?

Me: It looks like a spin up electron 

Boss: The 1S orbital.... is that right?

Me: Yes exactly. Way to guess an orbital

Boss: Thank you Hydrogen for being so simple! Why can't be all be protons with a charge? 

why indeed?

* this conversation should have had nothing to do with chemistry, we were looking for SN on some equipment

Human Warrior

That's awesome.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

My sister trash picked a book off the sidewalk and gave it to me as a gift. It's turning out to be quite a gem. Inside Outer Space: New Poems of the Space Age, An Anthology Edited by Robert Vas Dias, 1970. Before the introduction is this quote, which I like a lot and I think a few of you will also. 

"I prefer to distinguish art and science as polarities of creativeness, because, 'the source of the art is the discrepancy between physical fact and psychic effect.'" Josef Albers, Selected Writings

Human Warrior

You mean to tell me, there is no body that can match that? Am I the only one who thinks its awesome to eat meat with your hands, gnawing it off the bone? 

You said you were holding it, not eating it. I've held lots of things while driving...not eaten many of them.

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Tally Sheet for 2019

Hey Warriors,

I have a favor to ask. A friend of mine here (brader), his 3 yr old niece was hit by a truck and is facing major surgery. Please send up prayers, positive energy, and the like for his family.

The link is here:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/36480-brader24-there-is-no-try/page-2#entry715145

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

If you've got old video or log books of yourself at a much 'weaker' state, could you add them over here to help encourage newbies?

Tally Sheet for 2019

Oh man, let's go look at my youtubes uploads...

500 / 330 / 625

Agreed! I know I'm only competing against myself, but knowing I will get much stronger is such a motivator on those days when skinny high school boys are casualy lifting around the weights I can barely get off the ground. Could some women add their stats too?

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."