• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chairohkey

The Mead Hall: The Warrior Water Cooler

The crossfit games are being held in Madison this year (apparently they want to stop killing them with heat stroke on the first workout for some strange reason)

• Like 3

The crossfit games are being held in Madison this year (apparently they want to stop killing them with heat stroke on the first workout for some strange reason)

I think they succeeded. Lol

0aed26324f39b4ac0b8074c6d9182919.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

I think they succeeded. Lol

0aed26324f39b4ac0b8074c6d9182919.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

So I'm lazy, and already supposed to be asleep 2 hours ago, so please confirm for the rest of the world, is that actually cold? I really don't know... I get that it should be slightly drizzly, (except Thursday) and mildly breezy, but that's about it sorry.

20 minutes ago, Juni0r83 said:

:o

Yeah, that's not too hot. Looks nice out!

2 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Friday would be pretty cool. (62F ~ 17C) If it keeps raining though Saturday and Sunday will be humid as all hell.

26 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

I lol'd. I would be wearing a parka :lol:

Pretty much... that's like 50 degree cooler than what I have to experience this week.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Juni0r83 said:

This is your summer right? Forcast for today here in wintery South Australia: 15, Saturday and Sunday is 17, Monday 20, Tuesday 21, Wednesday 24...

http://www.bom.gov.au/sa/forecasts/whyalla.shtml

I'll just leave this here for you all...

(All temperatures degrees C)

I honestly would have expected you to be having a harder time - we're only 2 degrees warmer up here in the normal part of the country.... I have a pal in Canberra and he's had several sub zero mornings.

1 minute ago, Blocky said:

I honestly would have expected you to be having a harder time - we're only 2 degrees warmer up here in the normal part of the country.... I have a pal in Canberra and he's had several sub zero mornings.

Technically Canberra is south of me (sort of), I'm more in line with Sydney. Also, Coastal, so, more temperate, blah blah blah. Most people here start complaining when it drops to single digits, myself included. We might only get a dozen or so sub zero mornings a year.

Additionally 1) the normal part of the country? more of the country is temerpate than subtropical, which makes you the oddity pal, and 2) we might not have to worry about the cold so much, but we often get multiple weeks of high forties, low fifties during the summer months.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Juni0r83 said:

Technically Canberra is south of me (sort of), I'm more in line with Sydney. Also, Coastal, so, more temperate, blah blah blah. Most people here start complaining when it drops to single digits, myself included. We might only get a dozen or so sub zero mornings a year.

Additionally 1) the normal part of the country? more of the country is temerpate than subtropical, which makes you the oddity pal, and 2) we might not have to worry about the cold so much, but we often get multiple weeks of high forties, low fifties during the summer months.

I start complaining when it gets below 20... We've only had a few mornings this year that have gone down to 7-8 (last year was much worse it seems). My gym is around 10-11 when I train in the mornings.

Maybe I meant normal as in "less weird"...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blocky said:

I start complaining when it gets below 20... We've only had a few mornings this year that have gone down to 7-8 (last year was much worse it seems). My gym is around 10-11 when I train in the mornings.

Maybe I meant normal as in "less weird"...

Less weird... At least I get more than two seasons...

But yeah, its been a warm winter so far. I can only remember having to deal with frost on one morning so far. I know we've still got another month to go, and September isn't exactly known for its scorching heat, but yeah, so far so good. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Wait... so it's winter there.... and you have the same temperatures we are having in summer.

Makes perfect sense.

That's why I hate summer...  too hot to do anything outside.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Move to Wisconsin and have the opposite problem.

I've lived in Vermont and Northern NY,  I loved the winters.  Lots of snow, the cold, snowboarding...  the burning of the lungs as you hike the mountain in the cold...  How do the mountains look in WI?  

Don't answer that...  300 feet isn't even a hill...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jon, Destroyer of Mice said:

Or move to Missouri and hate every season?

Confirmed. Summer here is hot and humid and gross. Winter we get ice so everyone can park their cars upside down in ditches but haven't had a proper snow in years.

• Like 4

So yeah, my summers aren't as humid as @Blocky's, but like, a decent heat wave (of which we get two or three per summer) will be a week or more of mid to high 40's, with peaks in the low 50's. 

Government agencies started sending teams of people around to check on the old and infirm to make sure they were taking care of themselves because too many of them were dying.

In Australia, the heat literally kills people. 

• Like 2

So yeah, my summers aren't as humid as @Blocky's, but like, a decent heat wave (of which we get two or three per summer) will be a week or more of mid to high 40's, with peaks in the low 50's. 

Government agencies started sending teams of people around to check on the old and infirm to make sure they were taking care of themselves because too many of them were dying.

In Australia, the heat literally kills people. 

Hmm in my home country (Portugal) we also get 40s quite easily and people die. The funny thing is, where I live now (UK), we get almost 30 and people also die. I do believe it's quite a humid summer, which makes it pretty gross.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Br0din said:

I've lived in Vermont and Northern NY,  I loved the winters.  Lots of snow, the cold, snowboarding...  the burning of the lungs as you hike the mountain in the cold...  How do the

this is my favorite, hiking in the cold. so glorious. no bugs, no hot burning sun. just you and the outdoors. <3 throw on a few layers and some boots and you are good to go. Is autumn here yet? 

• Like 1