The Mead Hall: The Warrior Water Cooler

chairohkey

Hi Warriors *waves*

Im a scout who is popping over to hang out with you lovely strong folk for this challenge.

Looking forward to my new change of focus :) and getting my rawrrrr on  :tyrannosaurus:

Welcome.  Even merfolk need muscles...

• Like 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Before I look at it, I can almost guarantee I'm a Gimli. Will edit once I've checked.

Edit: I'm an IST, always have trouble figuring out if I'm J or P. Depending on the later, I match up with Aragorn or Eowyn. Makes pretty good sense.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I'm an IST with a pretty even split between J/P.  But reading those writeups I sound much more like Eowyn than Aragorn.  Woohoo, I'm off to kill a Nazgul!  

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

Worth the watch!   Beastie Boys  + Young Girls  + Toys  =  Female Engineers. I'm not even kidding

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/11/19/goldieblox_commercial_rewrites_the_beastie_boys_urges_young_girls_to_pursue.html

Totally gonna research these toys for my Little Sister! 

Saw this yesterday, it's awesome. My engineer wife is enamoured by the idea. there's a website somewhere where you can vote to try to get them a commercial spot during the superbowl.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I am Gandelrondalf!

Me too. I'm definitely INT, and depending on the situation can be either J or P, but when left to my own devices I'm definitely more P.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Worth the watch!   Beastie Boys  + Young Girls  + Toys  =  Female Engineers. I'm not even kidding

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/11/19/goldieblox_commercial_rewrites_the_beastie_boys_urges_young_girls_to_pursue.html

Totally gonna research these toys for my Little Sister! 

So cool! Makes me more optimistic for the future!

A cool-water question: Is there any disadvantage to just using an energy drink as my pre-workout drink? After several trials, on-and-off, with different periods of on and off, there's really no doubt looking at my numbers that I set PRs for reps when I have an energy drink about 20 minutes before lifting, even when I'm on a new weight. I figure I'm burning all the guarine and taurine and chlorine out of my system during the workout that leaves me seriously achey and sweaty, and I do really enjoy the sugar-free stuff so I'm not worried about sugar overloading.

What's everyone's opinions? I can get a 4-pack for 6 bucks at the restaurant supply store in town, so this will only cost me 25 bucks a month, roughly. Works for me! :D

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Part of me is like oh, hellz yesss. The other part of that is at the bar with The Economist, is like 'stay the fuck away, I'm reading' 

I'm down with this, it's probably why I'm marrying a librarian.  

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge