• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chairohkey

The Mead Hall: The Warrior Water Cooler

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Just wondering. If you gradually increased your water, maybe you would increase your ability to hold it, too?

Alternative plan: Get a job in a retail environment (like a mall) and take a lot of weekend shifts. Commence drinking enough water to stay fully hydrated during those busy weekend shifts, and you will learn to hold it from sheer desperate necessity. ;) 

• Haha 1

So if anyone is wondering what happened to my corset rambling, I watched a video recently of a historical fashion nerd debunking the whole "corsets are evil and only bad for you" thing, and the thing that caught my attention was that she talked about having scoliosis as a kid and wearing the back brace thing that was basically a modern corset, and the major downside was after she didn't take it off three hours a day like her doctor told her to (because it was so comfortable!), she has almost no core strength at all. Which I know was mentioned here earlier but to hear a testimony about that in particular.

I'm still just as unlikely to get one at this point as I was before I watched the video lol

Triple posting yayyyyy

So I have this.

20200126_124628.thumb.jpg.5df985d63b86ab1c3f7fdc3a1378e941.jpg

It's a few days old at this point and doesn't hurt and is under some pretty thick skin, but would it be worth it to drain it today before I lift tomorrow? Or should I leave it alone?

• Wow 1

9 minutes ago, Snickie said:

Triple posting yayyyyy

So I have this.

20200126_124628.thumb.jpg.5df985d63b86ab1c3f7fdc3a1378e941.jpg

It's a few days old at this point and doesn't hurt and is under some pretty thick skin, but would it be worth it to drain it today before I lift tomorrow? Or should I leave it alone?

I'd honestly say leave it alone, maybe do different lifts or skip a day until its healed.

People smarter than me always yell, preach, lecture me for picking scabs or popping blisters. They go on and on about infection risks and what not.

Even if you pop that sucker today, my guess is that it'd still be tender tomorrow, especially when you add weight to the bar

Eeep. I'd throw a bandage on it and lift carefully without putting pressure on it. Who needs thumbs? You can squat without thumbs. I don't know I'd go to the trouble of draining it, however that's done. 

Is this perhaps the place to summon lost warriors? I seem to recall we had @CourtnieMarie, and @Blocky and @Deckard Gainz. I'm not sure if @Gemma has left entirely or just defected to another guild. And I've definitely noticed @JustCallMeAmber lurking but haven't seen a thread. I believe some others have just GONE TO OTHER GUILDS!!! Ooops, sorry, got stuck on caps lock there, didn't mean anything by it. 

Ahem. You are hereby summoned to the nerd fitness rebellion's tenth anniversary challenge, which begins in February.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Harriet said:

draining it, however that's done.

Draining it would entail sterilizing it (alcohol because I don't have iodine), poking a hole in it with a sterile needle, squeezing the blood out, pushing the skin together and bandaging it loosely (maybe with Neosporin just in case).

My hurry is that Thursday is the only day of the week currently that I can get to the gym with all the weights. Otherwise I'm limited to (le gasp) bodyweight exercises.

34 minutes ago, Harriet said:

tenth anniversary challenge

👀

• Like 1

I'm going to deep dive for some long lost friends:

@elvenengineer @Emerald_Dragonfly  @matty_mcfly @Juni0r83 @Flex Luthor @Jord @AugustaAdaByron @Alanna

And some not long lost friends, but could use a push back to challenges:

@Blocky @wildross  @Laghail

I also have it on good faith that @Br0din and @Gainsdalf the Whey are coming back 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

I'm going to deep dive for some long lost friends:

@elvenengineer @Emerald_Dragonfly  @matty_mcfly @Juni0r83 @Flex Luthor @Jord @AugustaAdaByron @Alanna

And some not long lost friends, but could use a push back to challenges:

@Blocky @wildross  @Laghail

I also have it on good faith that @Br0din and @Gainsdalf the Whey are coming back 

GroundedMellowAmericanwirehair-max-1mb.g

I've been summoned

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

Hello Warriors! I've been running a D&d game for some fellow NF nerds and we decided to put out the story for you all to read and be entertained during the lockdown. If you're into that kind of stuff (or have simply ran out of things to do) drop by the thread below:

• Like 1

Hey, is anyone interested in starting up an online D&D group?

Yes, I'm shamelessly trying to latch on to whatever interest the campaign diary thread perked in any other house-bound nerds here, in the hope we can get something up and running via Discord or Roll20 or whatever we end up using. :)

• Like 1

Hafthor Bjornssen deadlifting 501kg/1104lb

Unbelievably, what animal do you even lift is not yet broken, there is a heavier animal yet to be lifted. Who will even lift the clydesdale horse?

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 3

May I suggest not transferring these giant threads each challenge? They’re rather intimidating and uninviting.. or is that blasphemous? 

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

May I suggest not transferring these giant threads each challenge? They’re rather intimidating and uninviting.. or is that blasphemous? 

Agree. Does anyone use them anymore? Also it'd be nice to start with a fresh mead hall each challenge like the other guilds do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

A little bit, yes! 😛

18 minutes ago, h3r0 said:

Agree. Does anyone use them anymore? Also it'd be nice to start with a fresh mead hall each challenge like the other guilds do. 

I use the training hall and food threads as references. Obviously I'm not speaking for everyone though.

I'd hate to see it go (because I am a digital pack rat when it comes to history stuffs), but if it does, maybe the new mead hall would stick around for a couple of challenges before getting scrubbed. To preserve multi-challenge discussions. Or let new comers join in.

Deleting it would be a real crime.. but letting it sit in a previous challenge section wouldn’t be so bad? They could still be used as reference or for nostalgia.. 

Scouts and warriors are the only guilds that don’t mop their mead halls and they’re also the two smallest guilds.. maybe it’s pure coincidence, but I don’t think so 😌

• Like 2