• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chairohkey

The Mead Hall: The Warrior Water Cooler

5 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Deleting it would be a real crime.. but letting it sit in a previous challenge section wouldn’t be so bad? They could still be used as reference or for nostalgia.. 

Scouts and warriors are the only guilds that don’t mop their mead halls and they’re also the two smallest guilds.. maybe it’s pure coincidence, but I don’t think so 😌

The scouts do a new guild hall once a year. 

On 5/5/2020 at 6:09 AM, KB Girl said:

May I suggest not transferring these giant threads each challenge? They’re rather intimidating and uninviting.. or is that blasphemous? 

I appreciate the discussion on this! I'll bring it up to my fellow GLs! But I'm open to whatever the community wants. 

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The scouts do a new guild hall once a year. 

I actually meant to say monks.. 🤷‍♀️ It’s monks and warriors that are the smallest, I think?

its not a big deal really, but a recurring thought so I figured I’d share it. 

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

I actually meant to say monks.. 🤷‍♀️ It’s monks and warriors that are the smallest, I think?

We are now. Warrior membership has dwindled, for some reason. Practically all guilds are smaller now than they were, if you look at the number of challenges in each of them, actually. If I didn't know better, I'd say that practically everyone in the entire world is spending the majority of their time and efforts on something major that is distracting them from starting new fitness projects right now... 🤷‍♀️

I kind of like having the large threads that show the guild's history, but that is purely for nostalgia reasons. If rebuilding the guild hall each challenge lowers the threshold for participating, by all means burn it to the ground and build it back up! 

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2020 at 7:09 AM, KB Girl said:

May I suggest not transferring these giant threads each challenge? They’re rather intimidating and uninviting.. or is that blasphemous? 

They always bothered me, a lot of - you're less than if you're not one of the fore fathers, or if you don't compete, or if you don't know this obscure reference from page 4 of a 300 page thread. Stuff gets lost, especially new voices. Just imo

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bigm141414 said:

Okay so we're just gonna keep Scaly and h3ro away from the matches.

No problem. Some highly flammable liquids, a car battery, some exposed wiring, an accidental spark... we can make this work! 😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • That's Metal 1

1 hour ago, Scalyfreak said:

No problem. Some highly flammable liquids, a car battery, some exposed wiring, an accidental spark... we can make this work! 😛 

1462535256_tenor(7).gif.33d7bce7329776003c2b6f71c54d7e3a.gif

• Like 1

As long as the old threads exist in old challenges, I think it would be fine to clear away the empty bottles and gnawed-clean bones a few times per year. 

Talking with all GLs it sounds like everyone is in agreement for a fresh thread. (Except @bigm141414 as he is a digital hoarder).

Would y'all prefer me to move this back to last challenge and start fresh here?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Would y'all prefer me to move this back to last challenge and start fresh here?

I'm fine with that, as long as the food thread and the training yard are left alone. They're more like a library of information at this point and it would be a shame for them to go.

As for the guild hall... 

tumblr_o7s52b3G4j1uhbe0po1_500.gifv

And searching for "burn building gif" leads to results that are a lot more disturbing than I expected. Do not try this at home. Or at work. Or at all.

• Haha 1

Can we get the link to the Old Mead Hall in the first post of the new mead hall? For, you know, archival traceability?

26 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

(Except @bigm141414 as he is a digital hoarder).

tenor.gif?itemid=15973167

• Like 2
  • Haha 3