The Mead Hall: The Warrior Water Cooler

chairohkey

i love the girls who read one.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

A cool-water question: Is there any disadvantage to just using an energy drink as my pre-workout drink? After several trials, on-and-off, with different periods of on and off, there's really no doubt looking at my numbers that I set PRs for reps when I have an energy drink about 20 minutes before lifting, even when I'm on a new weight. I figure I'm burning all the guarine and taurine and chlorine out of my system during the workout that leaves me seriously achey and sweaty, and I do really enjoy the sugar-free stuff so I'm not worried about sugar overloading.

What's everyone's opinions? I can get a 4-pack for 6 bucks at the restaurant supply store in town, so this will only cost me 25 bucks a month, roughly. Works for me! :D

If you know the ingredients that are helping you out, whether it be caffeine or whatever, there are healthier options than the energy drinks. 

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Energy drinks tend to have tons of crappy crap in them, but that might just be me stereotyping them.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I am a poet & this is my first time reading this thread. I have assigned myself a mini-quest of writing a poem about you. The stalking commences.

He's short like a dwarf, has giant calves, and one day wants to deadlift like bigm...

500 / 330 / 625

Everyone wants to deadlift like me one day :)

Oh geez.

500 / 330 / 625

Everyone wants to deadlift like me one day :)

and everyone wants to snatch like me!

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Don't deny you want my wilks :D

ego'd

Once again waiting to see how my weight loss goes. Coefficients won't be much different if I can get my ass down to 240.

500 / 330 / 625

Truth, although I think my front squat is finally catching up to you. Makes me happy. 

you can probs front squat more than me any day, now. but, you know, check that form ;)

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

you can probs front squat more than me any day, now. but, you know, check that form ;)

Well, duh. that's what I meant :) It's pretty good, but I need a bit more ankle flexibility to stop the tiny butt wink I have when I am sitting on my ankles. :P 

she's saying she has a nicer ass than you

I've seen it. It's true. I'm not ashamed. I can recognize when I've been beat. 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

OK, is it wrong that other warriors and I have had half the conversations the guys in that video have? Or that I found pretty much every thing those girls did super attractive?

500 / 330 / 625

How has this place been dead for 6 weeks? Used to be the place to be!

500 / 330 / 625