• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

direrael

Not-So-Newbies: Branching Out

Squad sheet is here!

Since we had members expressing interest in other guilds, it seemed like a good idea to do a cross-guild squad this theme.

Anyway, what does everyone think? Thoughts/comments/concerns for this next challenge?

I'm in! Also, I am still on travel (going on 7 weeks, ugh). My focus this challenge will be diet and strength training, so I don't expect to put up near the numbers I had last time. Sooo yeah. Let's do this.

Also, I plan to be a warrior this challenge, so I'm glad it's cross-guild.

In!  Spent the weekend in the woods (it was glorious) so I am a bit late on everything. 

Looks like I missed the boat.  Maybe next time.   ;)

Argh!!  What a day I'm having.  Found the Also-Not-So-Newbies so I dropped myself in there.  Looking forward to another exciting challenge.  

Ok, I'll try to make up a new spreadsheet here soon. I may need some help from people making adjustments here and there, because all those automatic calculations are still done by magic as far as I'm concerned. ;P

Anyway, awesome to be back with everyone! If you have any other friends who need a squad, they are totally welcome as well. More the merrier!

So I was looking at the numbers and it looks like it worked like this:

Cardio:

1 Minute of high intensity equals 1 point
1 minute of moderate intensity equals .75 (give or take a few)
1 Minute of low intensity equals .5 points

Body Weight:
1 rep equals 1 point
3 second holds equal 1 point

Weightlifting:

This one is a bit more complicated because he had it look at the body weight of the lifter first.   Basically it is weight lifted multiplied by the reps done divided by the body weight multiplied by .25.

Tweaking any of these is quite easy.  Just let me know what y'all are thinking.  Even better, if one of you is an excel guru that would be even better.  I'm just a hack.

So I had some spare time today so I played around with Drews spreadsheet.

I reduced the points slightly for cardio and increased the points for weightlifting leaving the bodyweight points the same in the middle.  From what I can figure it's now roughly equal for me to either do a 30 min run (5km) a 30 min body weight workout or a weightlifting session of squats, benchpress plus deadlifts.

Anyone else want to test it out and see if it works for them?

New Spreadsheet

If anyone else wants to try and tweak instead feel free, don't want to tread on anyone elses toes...

all I've done is reduce the numbers as shown. 

Cardio:

1 Minute of high intensity equals 8 point (was 10)
1 minute of moderate intensity equals  6 points (was 8)
1 Minute of low intensity equals 4 points (was 5)

Body Weight:
1 rep equals 1 point (says the same)
3 second holds equal 1 point (stays the same)

Weightlifting:

This one is a bit more complicated because he had it look at the body weight of the lifter first.   Basically it is weight lifted multiplied by the reps done divided by the body weight multiplied by .25.  I've changed it to multiplied by 0.2 which gives 5 points instead of 4 for a bodyweight lift.

OK so I feel a little lost about whats going on here BUT I want in! I also feel like its too late. LoL someone help me! :numbness:

I think we still have some spots for this challenge - go to the sign up sheet linked in the first post and sign up as an Also-Not-So-Newbie.

Basically we have a challenge going so see which team can get the most points.  we count all cardio bodyweight workouts and weightlifting, so pretty much anything.

Looks okay to me! Just gotta switch up names/teams!

As soon as we know who is in this challenge we can create the two new teams and I'll change the names accordingly. (assuming we go with this spreadsheet).