• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

direrael

Not-So-Newbies: Branching Out

Woah guys, Woah. I did not have this subbed at all, and did not realize I was in the Squad vs. Squad game! I'm going through the spreadsheet now. Should I add things that I've done starting on Monday, or only start adding now?

And most likely more questions will come...

Woah guys, Woah. I did not have this subbed at all, and did not realize I was in the Squad vs. Squad game! I'm going through the spreadsheet now. Should I add things that I've done starting on Monday, or only start adding now?

And most likely more questions will come...

Hahaha, you cannot escape! :P

Go ahead and add starting from Monday. It's fine to play catch-up.

Hahaha, you cannot escape! :tongue:

Go ahead and add starting from Monday. It's fine to play catch-up.

I don't think I wanna escape... Thanks!

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but how do we decide what is Low, Moderate, and High for cardio? Is it subjective?

I don't think I wanna escape... Thanks!

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but how do we decide what is Low, Moderate, and High for cardio? Is it subjective?

Yeah it is subjective. I use low for things like walking, hiking, light biking etc. High for intense aerobics or running max pace. Moderate for everything in between :)

awesome idea!!!  Do you have a challenge post i can follow?

I dont :-/ I cant/couldnt think of a specific goal. "Get Strong & Lean" seemed to generic and I decided to run in a Spartan Sprint or Tough Mudder, but that isnt until sometime next year, so yea...

I dont :-/ I cant/couldnt think of a specific goal. "Get Strong & Lean" seemed to generic and I decided to run in a Spartan Sprint or Tough Mudder, but that isnt until sometime next year, so yea...

I didnt really have one particular goal either, which is why i just put mine to become more awesome!  I have nothing exciting coming up in the near future, well other than a gorilla run LMAO.  I figure anything is better than nothing though.  I am also slacking hardcore on the first week of this challenge =(

Ok, finally doing more than running this week! Time to rack up some more points.

there was a new study that came out and said running is bad!  LOL NO RUNNING! JKJK 

enjoy those runs! =)

My knees and ankles believe you :P

My knees hurt ALL. THE. TIME. So the most I'll do is a jog or short sprints. I may even have to give up box jumps and I love them.

Everyone seems to be doing well.

Anyone else notice how lilbichy's "starting out slow" is almost twice as many points as my "coming out the fates strong"

Anyone else notice how lilbichy's "starting out slow" is almost twice as many points as my "coming out the fates strong"

Next time we do this we have to handicap her somehow.  Total Beast!!

So it looks like the Alsos were the losing team last week. Want to dole out an appropriate physical punishment for those interested? ;P

Your punishment, should you choose to accept it is... complete the Week 1 Warrior Mini-Challenge! Do 5 sets of 7 of the Bear Complex! I only managed 3 sets with 65 lbs before the gym closed and kicked me out.

haven't posted my last two weight sessions or runs... so lazy...

Yeah I am about 4 workouts behind. Mostly due to Google Docs being blocked at work. Sigh...

Your punishment, should you choose to accept it is... complete the Week 1 Warrior Mini-Challenge! Do 5 sets of 7 of the Bear Complex! I only managed 3 sets with 65 lbs before the gym closed and kicked me out.

Yeah I am about 4 workouts behind. Mostly due to Google Docs being blocked at work. Sigh...

Ohh that looks like fun.  I don't know, I only tried a power clean for the first time on Wednesday and I've never done a push press (but looks pretty much like an overhead press) but I may have to give it a go tomorrow.  I won't use anything other than the bar but I'll try it - at least once anyway!

well I attempted the bear complex - it was fun.  I think I will try and incorporate it into my routines more.  I did it more as a warm up today with just the bar. Mangaged 3x3 which I thought was pretty good for a first attempt.

QUESTION:

For Walking Lunges, do we count each step as a rep, or each paired step as a rep?

As an example: lunging Left, Right, Left, Right could be counted as four reps or as two reps.

QUESTION:

For Walking Lunges, do we count each step as a rep, or each paired step as a rep?

As an example: lunging Left, Right, Left, Right could be counted as four reps or as two reps.

I'd count each step as a rep...

And I finally got caught up putting my points in! As expected, I am not racking up too many points this go around, but its all part of the plan.