About wiped myself out getting the second BBWW in for the week, but I did it!!!! That means I hit all goals and earned an A for week one, woohoo!!! :D

And! Made $69 off the N64 games. :D

Awesome! Good for you! 

Selling your games is an excellent idea. I may try to dig through some of my old video games and see what I can get rid of to put towards my credit card payment. 

By the way, why do forests make you feel claustrophobic? 

Awesome creativity! Awesome organization and cool ideas for rewarding yourself. Can't wait to see how things turn out! Good luck!

SWEET!!! Great way to end week 1!!! 

Thanks!!! :D

Awesome! Good for you! 

Selling your games is an excellent idea. I may try to dig through some of my old video games and see what I can get rid of to put towards my credit card payment. 

By the way, why do forests make you feel claustrophobic? 

Thanks! :)

Because you can't see enough of the sky! How am I supposed to orient myself properly without seeing the horizon for at least 10 miles on every side!? XD

Nice new pic btw!

CactusWren

progress thread

Because you can't see enough of the sky! How am I supposed to orient myself properly without seeing the horizon for at least 10 miles on every side!? XD

I'm with you on this. I love the forest but I eventually get claustrophobic. Being from the SW, I'm used to getting on a tall hill and seeing for miles. Trees? What are those?

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

Nice new pic btw!

I'm with you on this. I love the forest but I eventually get claustrophobic. Being from the SW, I'm used to getting on a tall hill and seeing for miles. Trees? What are those?

I guess I can understand that. There's just such a peace I find in a forested area, hearing the sound of the wind in the trees and smelling the living things all around. I went to college in Flagstaff and I miss it a lot.

@ CactusWren: Thanks! That's me in some of medieval garb.

Whoa, I wouldn't be able to stand the feeling of nothingness.. being able to see so many miles from a hill. No trees, no 2m tall ferns, no birds chirping. 

No wonder you have to prepare for the apocalypse! Here we would just run to the forest, I guess

Level 3 Ifrit Survivor

STR 7.75 | DEX 3 | STA 7.25 | CON 4.25 | WIS 6.5 | CHA 5

Challenge 3 I 2 I First 

Join us @ CrossGuild #ZAP

"Lift as if someone else's life depended on it"

Whoa, I wouldn't be able to stand the feeling of nothingness.. being able to see so many miles from a hill. No trees, no 2m tall ferns, no birds chirping. 

No wonder you have to prepare for the apocalypse! Here we would just run to the forest, I guess

I know I'd hit the woods as fast as I can and head North, it would be crazy hard to hide on the plains.

Congrats on a great first week and on the extra cash!

Level 2: Selkie Druid

1 || 2(failed) || 3(failed) || 4-pending

STR: 4 || DEX: 7 || STA: 5 || CON: 7 || WIS: 6 || CHA: 3

For something fun that's zombie related, have you ever tried learning the choreography to Michael Jackson's Thriller? I can't believe I didn't think to mention it before! I love doing that as an aerobic activity from time to time. It doesn't take too long if you're pressed for time and lots of fun. If you're wanting to learn it, the best instruction I have found is through www.thrilltheworld.com

The teacher posted a whole series of videos to break the dance down on youtube, and has provided scripts and tips for memorizing the moves. She's even helped organize a world-wide simultaneous dancing of Thriller for a world record! A small community near my work is planning on participating this year, but doing it as a flash mob. ^_^ Anyways, thought you might be interested!

Exactly! I love forests too, I just wish I could feel more comfortable in them after a while. Maybe I just need to spend more time in them?

I guess I can understand that. There's just such a peace I find in a forested area, hearing the sound of the wind in the trees and smelling the living things all around. I went to college in Flagstaff and I miss it a lot.

@ CactusWren: Thanks! That's me in some of medieval garb.

Northern AZ is beautiful! I love it up there! :D

There are birds (and many many other critters), they like bushes and cacti, and we're not totally treeless! lol

Also, I think a lot of people have the same idea about forests for disasters, which kinda defeats the point and the usefulness imho. Idk, all of it (no matter where you are) depends a lot on the specific situation and the surrounding population density in the fist place, as well as an individual's particular skill-set. :)

I know I'd hit the woods as fast as I can and head North, it would be crazy hard to hide on the plains.

Congrats on a great first week and on the extra cash!

Thanks! :)

For something fun that's zombie related, have you ever tried learning the choreography to Michael Jackson's Thriller? I can't believe I didn't think to mention it before! I love doing that as an aerobic activity from time to time. It doesn't take too long if you're pressed for time and lots of fun. If you're wanting to learn it, the best instruction I have found is through www.thrilltheworld.com

The teacher posted a whole series of videos to break the dance down on youtube, and has provided scripts and tips for memorizing the moves. She's even helped organize a world-wide simultaneous dancing of Thriller for a world record! A small community near my work is planning on participating this year, but doing it as a flash mob. ^_^ Anyways, thought you might be interested!

That's so cool!!! Thanks for the links!! :D

CactusWren

progress thread

Good job selling stuff, man. I'm trying to get rid of as much of my stuff as possible right now for a possible move across country. it's so liberating!

East coast is awesome. Sure, there are loads of trees, but all you have to do is go up into the Shenandoahs, find a rocky outcropping, and stare out over the valley. I like to go up there every few months to get my fix. 

Level 4 Tiefling Assassin

STR 9 // DEX 5 // STA 5 // CON 9 // WIS 4 // CHA 8

I'll never love visible abs nearly as much as I love whiskey.

Challenges: One Two Three Four Current

Thanks for the video, that kitten was really cute!

You are most welcome! It sure brightened up my day when I saw it! :D

Good job selling stuff, man. I'm trying to get rid of as much of my stuff as possible right now for a possible move across country. it's so liberating!

East coast is awesome. Sure, there are loads of trees, but all you have to do is go up into the Shenandoahs, find a rocky outcropping, and stare out over the valley. I like to go up there every few months to get my fix. 

Thanks! It is, isn't it!? I love the idea of everything important fitting in my truck and the ability to just up and go at a moments notice. I didn't realize, before I started actively getting rid of things, how much space just having things takes up in the back of my mind (let alone my house!). Nonessential stressors, I say!

CactusWren

progress thread

General Update

Ran/walked/jogged my mile Wednesday. Missed yoga Tuesday, but on track for pilates tonight. Still need to fit my two circuits in somewhere, but am mostly keeping up this week. Also dropped off 5 of my 6 bags of clothes and books. I don't know how many items were in there (was still angry about the hardware store stop prior and forgot to count!), but definitely more than ten, maybe more than twenty. :)

CactusWren

progress thread

You might enjoy to take up bushcraft as an hobby - both as a way to be more comfortable in the forests and as it is a very important survival skill.

Just to be able to walk into the woods with nothing but the clothes on your back and be able to not only survive, but thrive.

Lever 3 Survivor - STR:5/DEX:2,75/STA:6/CON:3,5/WIS:3/CHA:1

Challenges: 1 | 2

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Robert Heinlein

You might enjoy to take up bushcraft as an hobby - both as a way to be more comfortable in the forests and as it is a very important survival skill.

Just to be able to walk into the woods with nothing but the clothes on your back and be able to not only survive, but thrive.

Totally! Not just useful for forests either, but any wilderness really. :)

CactusWren

progress thread

I think if you can live in the desert down here, you can live anywhere. Obviously some things are different, but the desert is probably the hardest place to try to survive. 

CactusWren, you are doing great lady! Keep it up! I hope to be getting rid of some stuff too since most of my clothes don't fit right anymore.

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

I think if you can live in the desert down here, you can live anywhere. Obviously some things are different, but the desert is probably the hardest place to try to survive. 

CactusWren, you are doing great lady! Keep it up! I hope to be getting rid of some stuff too since most of my clothes don't fit right anymore.

Thanks! :D

CactusWren

progress thread

Week Two Update

Week two did not go quite as well as week one! I got most things done, but totally failed to do any BBWWs. :( Was just stressed with school, and also worrying about my achy shins after overdoing the running a little bit and not stretching enough.

So I got a C for the week overall. Could be worse! If I get back on track I might still be able to pull off the total average of A I need to get my hoodie. Time to nut up! Onward and upward! :D

CactusWren

progress thread

Week two did not go quite as well as week one! I got most things done, but totally failed to do any BBWWs. :( Was just stressed with school, and also worrying about my achy shins after overdoing the running a little bit and not stretching enough.

So I got a C for the week overall. Could be worse! If I get back on track I might still be able to pull off the total average of A I need to get my hoodie. Time to nut up! Onward and upward! :D

I really hate shin splints, they take the fun out of everything. And just keep thinking about that hoodie and you'll get yourself back on track.

Race: Human

Profession: Ranger  Lvl: 2

Progress Pictures - Current Challenge

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines