• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Teros

TerosX Round 4: Whole 30 + Warhammer

Round 4

Main Quest: To lose 100 pounds

1 - Food - Complete the Whole 30.

So I started the whole 30 and it's a massive pain.  I've gotten into yelling matches, gone hungry, and fallen asleep with tears in my eyes because of how defeated I've felt- but I'm going to beat this.  Pass or Fail. There is no leeway.  I must finish the whole 30.

+5 Constitution

2 - Exercise - Warhammer Training 2x+ a week.

I had originally done warhammer training 3 times a week.  However, with trying to do the whole 30, part of the detox is having no energy and I really feel it now.  I'm going to do this training twice a week at a minimum.  I will try to do a 3rd time each week, but there's no promises.  Pass or Fail as well.

+3 Strength

3 - Stretching 2x a week.

I tried stretching out last challenge.  I want to improve.

+1 Strength +2 Dex +1 Wisdom

4 - School.

I was going to attempt a bookshelf (still might), but considering all the work I have to do to get an application (3 letters of recoomendation, 8 page essay, etc) I think that'll be my life goal this time.

+3 Unsure

Thanks everyone :)

Whole 30: The strictest of the strict. Thousands of people have tried it and they said it changed lives.  It's basically paleo to an upteenth degree.  No sugar, processing, grains, etc.  Meats, veges, fruits.  That brown gravy packet mix you have?  Check the back; there's over 30 types of processed sugar in stuff.

Warhammer training.  People are talking about it eh? I know I'm a huge advocate of it so it might have been just me you read talking about it.  I post it everywhere :)

It's basically using a slegehammer as a workout tool.  You can pretend to shovel, chop wood, churn butter, flip-curls, and more.  I'll post some vids if you'd like.  I've busted my *** from 4 minutes of a 10 pound sledgehammer (seems too light- it's not). to being able to handle 20 minutes/400+ reps.  I've 'upgraded' to a 20 pound sledgehammer, which I have dubbed a Warhammer. 

It's essentially a free-weight or kettelbell, but on a stick so it improves grip strength and is much harder since the weight is further from you.

quick example:

• Like 1

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.  It's been a blast.  For years no workout really stuck with me until I found this.  This has been my 'gateway' workout.  I've gotten more into bodyweight exercise and I'll be crafting my own dumbells/barbells in the near future as well.

Might get sectioned for going in the backgarden and going mental with a hammer but I still might try it, I love the idea of that Sledgehammer training, bring out that repressed highland warrior side.

Good luck on the challenge.

MadHatter/Tateman, I think I'm out of the woods in terms of anger.  Things have started to click.  I'll write more about it later.  Now it's moreso her turn *hides*.

Jonny2284- It makes a big difference in my anger levels. I would have done it this week while going through the anger phase of the whole 30, but I was also going through the 'exhaustion phase'.  Feeling better now so I plan on beating the hell out of my red tractor tire, Brutus:

redbrutus1_zpsf11d773e.jpg

underneath it is a normal tire, for size comparison

WCG

Well for building:

I want to make a forge, but that has to wait until next spring with the cold weather (wont be able to forge anything if it's too cold outside)

Free weights- I want to make dumbbells/barbells once warhammer training gets boring.  So far it's not boring so I think I'm waiting until the next challenge.

Bonesnap- I want to make a cement skull covering my old 10 pound warhammer to try and beef up the next hammer to about 30 pounds.  Again, the 20 pound warhammer is kicking my butt so that's at least another challenge away,

I'm kicking around meditation, blocking off days for cleaning, clearing out my closets, keeping up on getting into school (but it's mostly out of my hands), and guitar playing  as possible Goal #4 options.

Wow I love your goals!  And the warhammer thing is seriously cool.  I'm kicking around starting the Whole30 but I've got so much travel and overtime on my plate right now.  I may save it for when I need to bust through a plateau.

More warhammer vids!!!!

The forges ideas sounds really awesome, I would love to do something like that but I don't have the space. Definitely something you might want to wait a few challenges for until the coming snow melts. 

I'd vote guitar, but that's just because I'm a singer, so music = good. Creating the dumbbells and barbells might not be a bad idea to do as a personal project with this challenge simply because then you'll have them if you want them, which will save you time in the future. Yeah you'll have them laying around for a bit, but you can also up your training before the hammer training get's old as a challenge it itself.

Just some thoughts, sir. Good luck!

Yes Devyn.  It's one of the side effects.  I think it's because your body is too stupid what good food is, so it doesn't pull nutrients effectively, so you feel hungry even though you're still eating.  It's started to level out now so I think my body is catching up to my eating habits.  I was shoveling handfuls of cashews+raisins at the start to boost up fat; as well as cooking with plenty of bacon fat and coconut oil.  My body was just... well...dumb?  today I've eaten about 2/3's of what I've been having the past couple days.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.  Yeah, I found out how to make a blowtorch/soup can mini forge, and how to make a bigger one using bricks and briquets.  Both need tons of ventilation obviously so it'll have to wait until spring.  I'm pretty psyched about it though.  Wish I found out about it sooner =/