TerosX Round 4: Whole 30 + Warhammer

Teros

Wow that was some journey to catch up on! The difference you found in that week off the whole 30 is amazing. I really need to commit to making a big change, probably paleo rather than whole 30, but am not sure I have your guts and determination to see it through. Great effort!

Aussie Bush Ranger - Training with the Monks

'I'll fight but not surrender', cried the wild colonial... GRRL!

Project 365 - Becoming BatGirl

Current Challenge

Wow that was some journey to catch up on! The difference you found in that week off the whole 30 is amazing. I really need to commit to making a big change, probably paleo rather than whole 30, but am not sure I have your guts and determination to see it through. Great effort!

Terosx is an amazing inspiration in regards to the whole30. Without witnessing him and Tateman go through it, I am not sure I would have been as experimental. 

Terosx is an amazing inspiration in regards to the whole30. Without witnessing him and Tateman go through it, I am not sure I would have been as experimental. 

So far today is going well.  Going to see a movie with a few friends.  (Night of The Living Dead - as done by Rifftrax, which are  the guys from Mystery Science Theatre 3000).

Eating is on track.  I'll be making cookies this weekend and having some on halloween.  Then I'm doing a whole 30 from Nov1-Thanksgiving.  A few people are heading out this weekend, so the g/f and I will be doing a big cleanup and tomorrow is my workout day.  Hope everyone is doing ok.

Hey, any of you thinking for the next challenge? I am.

Finally catching up here.  Sorry your doctor is such a dope; it is so frustrating to try to find a good one.  If it's any consolation (or just good for a laugh), my doctor told me I was doing all the wrong things - I shouldn't be doing strength training, I should be eating "healthy grains", blahblahblah.  But at this year's physical he was raving about the weight I'd lost, how good I looked, and all of my numbers.  He even said to keep up what I was doing because it was great.

I'm going to be in the next challenge, although its clear I'll need to adjust some goals.  See you around.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Finally catching up here.  Sorry your doctor is such a dope; it is so frustrating to try to find a good one.  If it's any consolation (or just good for a laugh), my doctor told me I was doing all the wrong things - I shouldn't be doing strength training, I should be eating "healthy grains", blahblahblah.  But at this year's physical he was raving about the weight I'd lost, how good I looked, and all of my numbers.  He even said to keep up what I was doing because it was great.

I'm going to be in the next challenge, although its clear I'll need to adjust some goals.  See you around.

I'm surprised by your doctor, I told my doc I was going to give paleo a go and start strength training and she said paleo is just low GI foods but it's a good idea and that dairy is ok. And she said good call on lifting weights!!! I guess they don't make them all the same but being healthier is always a good thing :) 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

"omg I've got nerditis! Get it off, get it off!! Wait.... I think... I like it, I'll keep it :)"

Challenge: current

Blog about fitness and randomness but mostly food...

That's exactly why I have another appointment with him in 4 months.  I'll be rubbing the results in his face.  I'm even more motivated to do this.  I plan on dropping another pants size by Festivus, and hopefully another 1-2 before my appointment. 

Worked out yesterday.  stomach wasn't feeling too good so I didn't bother with my crunches, but I did everything else.

40 Tire Ups

25 x 2 Gravediggers

25 x 2 Butter Churn

25 x 2 Chop Wood

20 x 2 Killswitch

I'll be working out in a few minutes.

I'm feeling a bit bored with my routine.  Good timing I guess so I plan on changing it up a little bit during the week off and next challenge I want to tweak some stuff.

For the next challenge, my goals are going to look something like:

1) Do another Whole 30 until thanksgiving- then do another until Anniversary- then do another until Xmas.

2) New Workout setup. I want to still kick ass with a warhammer, but I either need a) new exercises to add. b ) a totally different workout to break up the monotany

3) Idk. Time to Make custom weights?

4) Prepare for Hobo Xmas

Worked out yesterday.  stomach wasn't feeling too good so I didn't bother with my crunches, but I did everything else.

40 Tire Ups

25 x 2 Gravediggers

25 x 2 Butter Churn

25 x 2 Chop Wood

20 x 2 Killswitch

I'll be working out in a few minutes.

I'm feeling a bit bored with my routine.  Good timing I guess so I plan on changing it up a little bit during the week off and next challenge I want to tweak some stuff.

For the next challenge, my goals are going to look something like:

1) Do another Whole 30 until thanksgiving- then do another until Anniversary- then do another until Xmas.

2) New Workout setup. I want to still kick ass with a warhammer, but I either need a) new exercises to add. b ) a totally different workout to break up the monotany

3) Idk. Time to Make custom weights?

4) Prepare for Hobo Xmas

Next challenge goals look great, terosx! Have you thought about working with kettlebells? I bet you'd feel an affinity for them, given your love of warhammers - yet another raw piece of metal to sling around, except that your arms would be the "handle" instead. ;) In addition, making your own kettlebells is pretty easy and cheap, should you choose not to purchase pre-made items. 

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Nice work man. Based on what you have done I am looking at ways to make a variable weight sledge. I dont know if it will work but I was thinking just put weight on one side of one of those barbells that have a nut to keep the weights on and double nut it. 

Level 2: Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

"If everyone has a Demon in them, then mine loves dead-lifts."

Who am I? wstallone

Who is helping me? Meet the RPG Fanatics!

Current Challenge: Challenge 2: The Circus of Circuits

That's a pretty good workout and nice goals for next challenge. :)

Also, what is a hobo xmas?

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Good job on the challenge. 

There are as many yuck issues with refeeding as there are with restricting.  I think the trick for me has been to make smaller changes.  I eat primarily Primal these days (need my greek yogurt for the protein), still staying away from gluten and grains for the most part, but will occasionally have small amounts.  The problem with Whole 30 is that it's tough to sustain permanently, and I started binging.  I'm less restrictive now, and I'm binging less, but I still eat primarily whole foods, with meats and veggies making up most of my diet.

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

Next challenge goals look great, terosx! Have you thought about working with kettlebells? I bet you'd feel an affinity for them, given your love of warhammers - yet another raw piece of metal to sling around, except that your arms would be the "handle" instead. ;) In addition, making your own kettlebells is pretty easy and cheap, should you choose not to purchase pre-made items. 

Yep, galvanized steel and that quickrete is what I was going to use to make my free weights/dumbells/barbells.  Making the handle for that is interesting.  I'm pretty sold on making SOMETHING this challenge to use for next challenge.

Nice work man. Based on what you have done I am looking at ways to make a variable weight sledge. I dont know if it will work but I was thinking just put weight on one side of one of those barbells that have a nut to keep the weights on and double nut it. 

Yeah, I thought of something along those lines after I upgrade my 10 lb sledgehammer.  I want to make a cement cast to add weight to it.  I want to make it look like a real-life Bonesnap:

bonesnap_zps6be5b8f9.gif

That's a pretty good workout and nice goals for next challenge. :)

Also, what is a hobo xmas?

Hobo xmas is a holiday I invented 3 years ago.  Instead of trying to spend tons of money for a xmas gift that they won't like, or just getting something on a list and then that's the end of it- I decided to rebel against the overwhelming commercialsm that's force-fed to people for 2+ months.  So hobo xmas is where there are re-gifts, homemade gifts, joke gifts, and 'hobo-ized' gifts.  ex: Instead of an iPhone6, an old phone with a cord and some duct tape that says 'the new hPhone6'.

Good job on the challenge. 

There are as many yuck issues with refeeding as there are with restricting.  I think the trick for me has been to make smaller changes.  I eat primarily Primal these days (need my greek yogurt for the protein), still staying away from gluten and grains for the most part, but will occasionally have small amounts.  The problem with Whole 30 is that it's tough to sustain permanently, and I started binging.  I'm less restrictive now, and I'm binging less, but I still eat primarily whole foods, with meats and veggies making up most of my diet.

Yeah, I think because of how awful I felt when I did try a bunch of non whole30 stuff, I'm better off being lax for a short period- and then hopping back on the whole 30 train.  I don't miss cookies, I don't miss candy, I don't miss pizza, etc; because even having a little made me feel horrible.  I'm doing another whole 30 from halloween-thanksgiving.  I think the 'binge' afterward isa reminder that I should still be doing whole 30 and that I'm a better person because of it.

I didn't go hog-wild when I went off the whole 30.  There was a list of 6 things that I wanted and I had those things within a week.  Here's the thing- every single thing I had (except chinese food) was gross.  And by the end of that week, I was anxious, suicidal-levels of depression, had 5 headaches (compared to ONE over the course of 30 days of whole 30), gurgling guts, and I was really weak in my work-outs.  I was a whole different person because of roughly 1 cheat a day after my whole 30.

For the record, previous to paleo/whole 30, I would have 1-2 bad/cheat things every day.  I feel that having the binge and then realizing all this food actually sucks just cements the idea that doing the whole 30 is good for me.

Round 4

Main Quest: To lose 100 pounds

1 - Food - Complete the Whole 30.

So I started the whole 30 and it's a massive pain.  I've gotten into yelling matches, gone hungry, and fallen asleep with tears in my eyes because of how defeated I've felt- but I'm going to beat this.  Pass or Fail. There is no leeway.  I must finish the whole 30.

+5 Constitution

2 - Exercise - Warhammer Training 2x+ a week.

I had originally done warhammer training 3 times a week.  However, with trying to do the whole 30, part of the detox is having no energy and I really feel it now.  I'm going to do this training twice a week at a minimum.  I will try to do a 3rd time each week, but there's no promises.  Pass or Fail as well.

+3 Strength

3 - Stretching 2x a week.

I tried stretching out last challenge. I want to improve

+1 Strength +2 Dex +1 Wisdom

4 - School.

I was going to attempt a bookshelf (still might), but considering all the work I have to do to get an application (3 letters of recoomendation, 8 page essay, etc) I think that'll be my life goal this time.

+3 Unsure

1) Completed! it was insanly difficult at first but it was a life-changer.  I'll be doing another whole 30 in the next challenge.  I'm starting it day after halloween.

+5 Constitution

2) Completed! Since I was doing the whole 30, I didn't want to do 3-4 times a week since a side effect is serious energy loss levels.  I wanted to make something attainable.  I missed one workout, but I did 5 hours of cleaning with my mom the next day which was harder than my workout.

+3 Strength

3) Barely Completed.  I kept forgetting and would end up stretching later on or missed it.  Towards the end of the challenge, I starting doing some stretches in-between reps and then started adding a song to my list specifically FOR stretching.  So I'll give myself half credit for this one. 

+1 Strength +1 Dex (no +dex/wisdom)

4) I went with the school stuff.  I got 1 letter and the other 2 are pending.  The essay it done.  I'm just waiting.

+3 Something. (+1 wis/+1con/+1strength)

Mini Challenges

1) group - I made RPG Fanatics (the best group ever) +1 Charisma

2) I forget- I did it though  +1 wisdom

3) Reframing- +1 charisma

4) ready for trouble- +1 Wisdom

5) Fixing what's broken - a new plan, and another whole 30, and planning better meals - +1 wisdom

So according to this, I earned a total of:

+6 Constitution

+5 Strength

+1 Dex

+3 idk

+2 charisma

+4 wisdom

I have:

STR 17 | DEX 5 | STA 10 | CON 15 | WIS 14 | CHA 4

so I now have:

STR 22 | DEX 6 | STA 10 | CON 21 | WIS 18 | CHA 6

Ok, so maaaaaaaaaaaybe I'm a little early but I want to braintstorm a bit on what I want next challenge's goals should be.  I'm thinking something like this:

1) Whole 30 - I'm starting it this friday and I'd like to stick with it until thanksgiving.  That's 28 days I believe since thanksgiving is coming late this year.

+3 Strength, +2 Constitution

2) Warhammer 3x A Week - I wasn't sure what to expect with my first whole 30 so I dialed it down a bit.  This time, I want to get back to working out 3x a week.  I also want to experiment with other stuff.  I beat myself up if I can't finish a whole workout- and then I feel obligated to.  It makes my workouts FEEL like work, and then I resent them.  That's a bad road to go down.  If I just workout and know that I don't *have* to, I end up doing more.  It's a mentality thing.  I've always had a problem with authority and being told what to do (Even if it's myself). So I'm going to have a smaller 'base' workout, and then tack on some new stuff afterwards and see how that goes.  I also have a stretching/cooldown after my workout.  No excuses. It's part of my routine now.

+5 Strength

3) Make some new gym stuff.  I want to use some damn quickrete and make SOMETHING.  Idk if I want dumbells, barbells, or kettelbells.( I found out 15lb hammer is > 35lb kettelbell on a site in terms of difficulty so I'd like to make a 40-50lb kettelbell.)  Whatever I make, I want to incorporate it into my warhammer workouts as well.

+3 ?

4) Prepare for hobo xmas.  I should probably send a picture of the saved up stuff for hobo xmas.  It's all in the laundry room- piled up to the ceiling.

+2 ?

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines