• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

yep, see above, lol.

Also, had the most epic moment. i was asked why i do all this Nerd Fitness stuff instead of just going to the gym. Why i study using coloured pens instead of just reading books. i answered - and i quote;

"We are all but men watching shadows on walls, irrevocably and unknowingly naive and blind to the world behind us."

From Plato's "Allegory of the Cave".

In other words - because why should i follow, when it doesnt work for me? That's why we're Rebels, isnt it? :D Lets turn away from the shadows, in life and fitness.

Lets do this.

i got the quote from a comment in this beautiful song ;

And it just always stuck with me.

If you guys are interested (and like Horror) - I sang a bit of All By Myself (Orig. Bobby Darin) for a friend's entry into ABC's of Death 2 - "M is for Mundane." Video is NSFW I guess (gore), but check it out and hit the "Like" button above the video on the page to vote. If it wins my vocals will be in the final film. Honestly, my singing could have been better - but it was a last second, cold recording and the guy producing it didn't want to do more than 3 takes...

http://26th.abcsofdeathpart2.com/entry/m-is-for-mundane/

Howdy group!!

Sorry I was MIA over the weekend, but I do have a PB that I got on saturday! Went out for a run and in 1 hour and 20 min I ran 8.3 miles!! Woot!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Wow, you have a really awesome voice! But by God, that video freaks me out, especially, the increasing tempo of that bass line. Yikes.

Thanks. It's actually interesting, because my band does metal - but I grew up singing that kind of music so it was a nice throw back. I'm a huge horror fan so the scene itself isn't too bad to me, I feel like the bass line definitely drives it forward though.

Dude that is pretty awesome. It completed the scene. It was very Bioshock, at least that is what I thought of when I was watching. 

Thanks. Yeah it definitely adds a bit of surrealism that the scene would feel lackluster without.

As for triceps, ill work out an exercise later, lol.

French Press.

Isn't that song from LotR?  I remember it after the balrog.

Ah... TGIF.

I concur about Bioshock.  It did have that feel.  I actually love Beyond the sea because of the commerical.  One of my top 10 games.  I prefer that type of horror/creepyness song where everything seems ok, instead of kids singing nursery ryhmes.  That's too cliche.

Just something I found and thought everyone would enjoy.

I can do it!

Nice.  I usually get stuck on the 'thinking about it' step.

If you guys are interested (and like Horror) - I sang a bit of All By Myself (Orig. Bobby Darin) for a friend's entry into ABC's of Death 2 - "M is for Mundane." Video is NSFW I guess (gore), but check it out and hit the "Like" button above the video on the page to vote. If it wins my vocals will be in the final film. Honestly, my singing could have been better - but it was a last second, cold recording and the guy producing it didn't want to do more than 3 takes...

Wow, see I actually like your "cold" recording, it sounds organic and has a real feeling to it.  Props man - and the video was creepy too!

Wow, see I actually like your "cold" recording, it sounds organic and has a real feeling to it.  Props man - and the video was creepy too!

Thanks!

So, my pb entry today - 13 bicep curls and 13 tricep extensions at 20lbs each. :D Not too bad, a good stretch after 11  hours of studying -.- Good god that was a trek, but all assignments cleared :D

This video was intersting, I watch it without reading your post and I was expecting a funny twist... but good video.

I like your singing and as terosx it reminds me of the Bioshock commerical.

I... just found out my gym has olympic barbells and I assumed they were standard... so I've been undershooting my OHP, Squat and Deadlift weights since I started going there...

*facedesk*

Is there a new challenge starting on the 21, or is there a delay between challenges?

This challenge doesn't end till the 27th, and there is a week between challenges, so you have some time!

Or are you referring to the squad mini-challenge?

No, I was thinking this was the final week for some reason. I JUST remembered that it said 16-27th and was hoping back on to fix that post. lol. So, the next challenge with start on the 4th then, correct? (ending the 27th, and a week between.)

No, I was thinking this was the final week for some reason. I JUST remembered that it said 16-27th and was hoping back on to fix that post. lol. So, the next challenge with start on the 4th then, correct? (ending the 27th, and a week between.)

It should. I've already planned out my quest for that challenge.....