• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

*crawls back onto thread*

Hi guys. I'm still here. I'm not sure how, exactly, given that my body appears to be in complete mutiny for the time being, but my PBs are as follows: Hollow Rock - Mon: 1:30/ Tue: 1:35/ Wed: 2:00. Still shooting for a new PB for today. Also, yesterday's workout - I think my brain was suffering from oxygen deprivation or something - I decided to put on 35 Lbs for my squats and even though I felt like I was incapable of standing back up after pretty much every rep, I did manage 4 sets of 8. Also did 7 sets on my bench press. The entire workout - which had absolutely no cardio in it whatsoever - took me AN HOUR to complete, with most of that simply being resting between the squat sets. 

For the record, I don't recommend ANYONE ever doing that. At the time, I was just focused on getting through a complete 4 sets. In hindsight, I should really have taken the hint and either A. Swallowed my pride and backed off on the weight, or B. Backed off on either the reps, or simply cut the sets. 40 minutes at the squat bar = you're doing something wrong. At least, it indicates that if all you're pushing is 115Lbs: I imagine higher weights could take that long, since one would likely be going for a 1RM (1 rep max). I wasn't. I was just brain dead and stubborn.

Now I'm going to the gym, and afterwards, I will be sitting down and catching up on everyone's threads. And eating more spinach. And possibly going to bed. But after I catch up on the latest episodes of the Fanatics. ;)

*crawls back onto thread*

Hi guys. I'm still here. I'm not sure how, exactly, given that my body appears to be in complete mutiny for the time being, but my PBs are as follows: Hollow Rock - Mon: 1:30/ Tue: 1:35/ Wed: 2:00. Still shooting for a new PB for today. Also, yesterday's workout - I think my brain was suffering from oxygen deprivation or something - I decided to put on 35 Lbs for my squats and even though I felt like I was incapable of standing back up after pretty much every rep, I did manage 4 sets of 8. Also did 7 sets on my bench press. The entire workout - which had absolutely no cardio in it whatsoever - took me AN HOUR to complete, with most of that simply being resting between the squat sets. 

For the record, I don't recommend ANYONE ever doing that. At the time, I was just focused on getting through a complete 4 sets. In hindsight, I should really have taken the hint and either A. Swallowed my pride and backed off on the weight, or B. Backed off on either the reps, or simply cut the sets. 40 minutes at the squat bar = you're doing something wrong. At least, it indicates that if all you're pushing is 115Lbs: I imagine higher weights could take that long, since one would likely be going for a 1RM (1 rep max). I wasn't. I was just brain dead and stubborn.

Now I'm going to the gym, and afterwards, I will be sitting down and catching up on everyone's threads. And eating more spinach. And possibly going to bed. But after I catch up on the latest episodes of the Fanatics. ;)

I have done this before and every time i hurt for at least a few days.

Guild challenge update: 7 chinups in a row. WOOT!!

I am still getting stronger but i feel tired and unmotivated to do anything but the minimum workout and the workouts are taking longer than they used too. I think it may just be the cold days coming who knows. 

Anyways going to go do my work out today. Going to turn on the tunes and get going. 

Wstallone - get to it! Or else Evicious will come get you 3:) And its awesome that you're progressing like this! Keep going!

Btw guys, i uploaded a new vlog weekly update thingy. Also this  post - http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38613-nerd-fitness-rebel-army-anthem/

Check it out - http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/36710-lupus-anti-relapse-workout/page-5 :D

hey. having a huge bout of depression. I think too much sugar makes me suicidal.  Extremely anxious and depressed.  Didn't work out yet. I'm still redoing whole 30 again and I feel a little bit better.  Helped my mom clean the house fot 7 hours. i'm beat.  It's been hard to get on.  I'm going through a real rough spot.

Terosx - That is crazy man that food is effecting you that much. Generally food releases some endorphins thus pleasure from eating. It is strange that sugar would effect you like that. I don't know man I would probably go see a doctor.  

So work out is done for the day i did the entire thing in about 20 min. I was able to do this because i did all 6 workouts as a circuit averaging 3min 34 seconds to completion. I feel great and all of my muscles have the tiniest bit of ache to them so in other words this is what I am suppost to feel like. 

One more week guys we can do it.

hey. having a huge bout of depression. I think too much sugar makes me suicidal.  Extremely anxious and depressed.  Didn't work out yet. I'm still redoing whole 30 again and I feel a little bit better.  Helped my mom clean the house fot 7 hours. i'm beat.  It's been hard to get on.  I'm going through a real rough spot.

Man that sucks, but perhaps it´s not the sugar. Could you have an allergy?

Alright so here's my end results for the group challenge...

Pushups: 3x10 plyometric

Standing Dumbbell Calf Raises: 3x20@45lb

Dips: 3x7 WHAT

The only one I didn't pull off the pullups. However, I did go from 3x10@100 lb to 3x10@120 lb... so moderate success there.

I did up my OHP weight today by 5 pounds though...

Dude, those dips... thats amazing, well done. xD Proud of ya! Next challenge imma have to make some more of these up!

Terosx - sent ya msg, buddy. Chin up, eh? We got you, and we got this.

You guys are doing great.  See if I had been keeping a closer eye on things I would have seen the groups mini challenge.

Still struggle to to workouts.  I don't know exactly wtf is going on with me.  Going to walk tonight though.  Got some new shoes that need breaking in.  I am going to try to get back into walking since it always made me feel better.  In turn I hope it leads me back to working out more.

As far as next challenge, I was considering making a run challenge.  It might be C25k style, or just me getting out and doing stuff.  During the November 4 - December 15 challenge I will have my Spartan Sprint race to run in Malibu.  http://www.spartanrace.com/malibu-obstacle-racing-spartan-sprint-2013.html

I still have so much to prepare for, but it really is just going to be about finishing it.  

Terosx, hope you start feeling better.  I wonder if maybe it's a gluten allergy or something that is effecting you.  Maybe straight up sugar too.

Lupus, after watching your videos, whenever I read your posts your voice is in my head haha.  I'm have tempted to make a video just for fun ;)

Decided to workgo my usual workout in favour of another dumbell strength one, and keep on beating that pb of mine! Now im on 18 bicep curls in 1 set, x 3.

All the following sets are x3.

Dumbbell Bicep Curl
10 kg || 18 reps

Standing Dumbbell Push Press
10 kg || 12 reps

Bent Over Two-Dumbbell Row
10 kg || 12 reps

Goblet Squat (dumbbell)
10 kg || 12 reps

Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press
10 kg || 12 reps

Stiff-Legged Dumbbell Deadlift
10 kg || 12 reps

Our internal challenge finishes soon!

*Lupus looks around*

...Hello? Guys?

Did 4 sets of shoulder press for the mini-challenge! Challenge complete! AND had my bff who is a starting strength trainer correct my form on them so it got even harder!

Hey you! You're going to pull through this, it seems pretty extreme and maybe you do need to talk to a professional about it, but at least you know some of what you can do to help it.

Challenge up date 8 CHIN ups in a row. I am going to continue with this challenge though it is getting much much harder and my +1 chinup increase a day stopped at 7 then it was one ever other day. I hope to be to 10 when I test myself on Saturday when I get home. Though this will be a tough last week being out of town for work. 

I'm still here and alive too!!!  I just haven't really been doing anything towards this challenge.  Well other then stuff with my kids.  We went to the Science Museum over the weekend.  :)

BUTTTT on a completely different note.  Remember how it was suggested that traabbit put her recipes into a cookbook and I said I would help her?  Well I showed Staci what I have done so far and she LOVED it!!!  She said they had dropped a couple other projects to make this one a priority.  :)  They had also just sent the spec's to a developer to do something similar to it. 

I am SOOOOOOO excited about it now!!!  I just gotta spend more then an hour a day on doing it.  :)

If y'all have recipes that you love, send them to me.  I will put them in.  :)

Edit:

OHHH I just realized I should show all of you what you inspired!!!

http://nfcookbook.web44.net/NF%20Cookbook.html

Suggestions and comments are ALWAYS welcome!!!

Edited by melkilkate

Hey group!

I promise I am still here! :D Just had some crazy past couple of days, but I am still going strong! As for my woot of the week, I finally got a new job! Yay!

Hey group!

I promise I am still here! :D Just had some crazy past couple of days, but I am still going strong! As for my woot of the week, I finally got a new job! Yay!

Congrats!

Hey group!

. AWESOME!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Awesome to hear everyone is still going!!!

Mel - thats amazing! Guess thats even more of a reason to get my gf to draw that picture, huh :P That looks brilliant!

Traabit, awesime, what field is the job? :D

Tell you what though guys, that workut last night ACTUALLY HURT! xD Woohoo!

Just checking in. Still fairing well in the WOE. I'll be back on the boards with full force in the next challenge. I'm just taking a bit of time to readjust the finer points of my new lifestyle until then. Hope everyone is well!

I'm still here and alive too!!!  I just haven't really been doing anything towards this challenge.  Well other then stuff with my kids.  We went to the Science Museum over the weekend.  :)

BUTTTT on a completely different note.  Remember how it was suggested that traabbit put her recipes into a cookbook and I said I would help her?  Well I showed Staci what I have done so far and she LOVED it!!!  She said they had dropped a couple other projects to make this one a priority.  :)  They had also just sent the spec's to a developer to do something similar to it. 

I am SOOOOOOO excited about it now!!!  I just gotta spend more then an hour a day on doing it.  :)

If y'all have recipes that you love, send them to me.  I will put them in.  :)

Edit:

OHHH I just realized I should show all of you what you inspired!!!

http://nfcookbook.web44.net/NF%20Cookbook.html

Suggestions and comments are ALWAYS welcome!!!

The cook book looks great, melkilkate! :D

beast.jpg
Finally feel back to normal.  I did a 180.  If anyone is dealing with anxiety/depression, GET OFF THE SUGAR AND CARBS.  Been back to normal for a couple days and I feel like the new me again. 
Let's finish this challenge strong.

tumblr_lqxu7i4WVN1qagyw9o1_400.gif

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hey everyone!  I'm still around, just had some HUGE life changes happen lately (new job and apartment in less than two weeks!) and I've been pretty pressed for time/energy.  Sorry I don't get on here more often, one of my side-life-goals is use the computer less because it eats up so much freaking time.  I do try to read up on how everyone's doing though when I get a chance :)

melkilkate - That's amazing!!!  My internet sucks and isn't letting me open that link but I imagine the finished product is going to be stellar.  Keep us updated!

terosx - YYYEEEAAAHHHHHHH so glad to hear you are feeling back to normal!  Food influences mood and mood influences the food you choose.  It's a tough cycle to break out of, but now you're all the better for it!  *internet high five*  :D