• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fiOWNya

The First Timers - Let's show what we can do!

Welcome all, to the First Timers Accountibilibuddies thread!

Is this your first challenge? Are you looking for some extra push to complete your goals? This is the Accountibilibuddy group for you!

This group is intended for individuals for whom this is the first challenge - if you started one, but wasn't able to complete - that is fine as well!

The Requirements:
It's pretty simple, really. Post here once a week, let us know how you're doing, what you're struggling with, what you are succeeding with.

We're here to support each other, so don't be afraid to ask for help and help out your fellow members.

To Join:
We're full, sorry!

Current Members:
fiOWNya:
     - Thread
kdickin3:
     - Thread
imahuph
     - Thread
Junimoon
     - Thread

ClaraBear

- Thread

gaia668

- Thread

SkullHands

- Thread

Guess I'll join so I know people are watching my progress, can't slack now :). Anyways I'm a 25 year old female. I'm mainly looking to lose some weight, build strength, and build my endurance.

I will be more than happy to join, can use the accountability backup and support.  I am a 37 year old male looking to l get rid of some weight, not loose I have no intention of finding it again, build endurance and flexibility.

Yay! Hi everyone!

I suggest you follow this topic (to the right of the topic title) so you can be notified when this topic is posted in... it's a good way to keep on top of the posts in here. ;)

I suppose I should introduce myself as well - I'm Fiona, 22 year old female, mom of two, looking to build some strength and get rid of a little bit of body fat. My focuses this challenge are to workout, eat Paleo, and track my workouts/diet daily.

And to keep you all motivated, of course. :)

I'm in!  Hi everyone.  I'm trying to get back into good habits like working out regularly and not eating out too much.

I'm 30, trying to be awesome again despite my desk job that I pay too much attention to.

Hi Everyone! I'm 43, mom of 3, working full-time and trying to get back on track with my health. My primary goals are to drop some pounds, get into the paleo lifestyle, and exercise on a regular basis. Finding time is a huge challenge for me, coupled with the fact that my main exercise for the past 10 years or so has been avoiding exercise. ;)

I'm looking forward to this challenge!

Hi all. I grabbed the last spot. Was super excited to find a bunch of fellow first timers.

I'm a 33yr old male, father of one. My focus is on small changes building towards overall better fitness: C25k, Angry Birds workout, and tracking measurements.

Looking forward to your support and being able to cheer you on with all your upcoming successes.  :joyous:

Sweet, we've got a full group! Will update first post once I get to a computer.

So, one question for all of you before we start out challenge tomorrow -

What do you all expect from this group?

What are you all looking for in terms of support? Would you like further methods of communication? A prompt each week of something to talk about?

Let me know, and I'll try to make it happen!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and keep tabs on all our progress!  

I do think a weekly prompt would be helpful.  I hadn't thought of that before.  I decided to join this thread because it will give me a core group of people to cheer on and hopefully get support from.  The main first-timers thread is getting a little overwhelming with all the fun new people to keep up with :)

I agree I think if everyone posts once a week on how they are doing and about their next week then that should be good. I'm sure questions and topics will naturally come up, and I have no problem doing more if it will help people succeed.

weekly prompt and i agree with kdickin3 that topics will naturally come up.  the main thread is a bit overwhelming but limiting it to 7 people gives a nice core group to motivate and keep each other in check

I agree, the main group definitely gets overwhelming. I love how many people are participating, but trying to keep track of how they are all doing is pretty difficult! 7 is very manageable and is a small enough group that we can all help keep each other motivated pretty effectively. :)

I agree too - the newbie group is huge, which is great!, but overwhelming to even try to keep up. I'm looking forward to supporting everyone in our group, and knowing that I have people to whom I am accountable. Psyched for the official first day tomorrow! I've got a few challenging days ahead of me as HoneyB (husband) is out of town. Everything just seems so much more difficult when he is gone.....wish me luck/strength!

How is everyone's first day going?

Prompt:

What is the one thing you think will challenge you most this challenge, and what steps are you planning to take to succeed with that one thing?

My diet goal will most definitely be my problem. I usually eat pasta everyday, and bread at least twice a day. The only plan I have on this so far is to snack on veggies a lot, and make my lunch and dinners before I get hungry.

For myself:

My biggest challenge will be to get regular workouts in.

I woke up early today, and I think the kids realized this cuz they woke up too.

I still got my workout in, but I was definitely distracted.

Tomorrow is my gym workout, so I'm not worried about it, but Wednesday I need to either have something prepared to entertain them or workout late at night (I'd prefer not to) so my hubby can watch them.

BTW: If you haven't taken starting pictures, I highly suggest you do. You don't have to post, but it's a kick to be able to go back and look at how much you've changed.

I have to work out at night, my daughter wakes up when ever I do. And I guarantee she would be right underfoot, or jumping on me when I'm trying to do a pushup or something lol. And ya i've been taking pictures from the beginning and I do post them on here.

My diet goal will most definitely be my problem. I usually eat pasta everyday, and bread at least twice a day. The only plan I have on this so far is to snack on veggies a lot, and make my lunch and dinners before I get hungry.

If I didn't get sick from gluten nowadays, I'd be the same way. Bread,,, especially paired with nutella.. is delicious. Something I do sometimes that helps is hard boil a bunch of eggs and snack on those throughout the day. I've also made myself drink a glass of water before eating, often it satiates me just fine.

Now that hubby is on board, we just don't have it in the house... which is a life saver.

I have to work out at night, my daughter wakes up when ever I do. And I guarantee she would be right underfoot, or jumping on me when I'm trying to do a pushup or something lol. And ya i've been taking pictures from the beginning and I do post them on here.

Yeah, had that experience this morning. It definitely made working out more difficult.

If I didn't get sick from gluten nowadays, I'd be the same way. Bread,,, especially paired with nutella.. is delicious. Something I do sometimes that helps is hard boil a bunch of eggs and snack on those throughout the day. I've also made myself drink a glass of water before eating, often it satiates me just fine.

lol just don't get nutella, chocolate on bread just seems weird to me. And I'm trying to eat eggs, I really don't like them. But I've had them a couple of times for breakfast in the last week or two. Trying to find a way I like them, so far I can finish about half of whats on my plate.

Prompt:

What is the one thing you think will challenge you most this challenge, and what steps are you planning to take to succeed with that one thing?

I'm thinking my life quest will be the hardest for me. Work is a bit overwhelming at the moment and I and trying my best to get on top of it!

Sorry for the radio silence over the first day. Super mega busy day at work and then my Zombie 5K on top of that. 

Man I logged in to NF today and had 75 notifications! I think I'm gonna have to strip back how many peoples journey that I follow!

Hope each of your day ones were great.

I'm thinking my life quest will be the hardest for me. Work is a bit overwhelming at the moment and I and trying my best to get on top of it!

Sorry for the radio silence over the first day. Super mega busy day at work and then my Zombie 5K on top of that. 

Man I logged in to NF today and had 75 notifications! I think I'm gonna have to strip back how many peoples journey that I follow!

Hope each of your day ones were great.

That was my issue also... I followed too many people! I have to cut back a little, which sucks but I need a life too!

Prompt:

My biggest challenge will be my goal to only eat out twice per week. It's usually my break from the office and my chance to talk with work friends, so that will be hard to pass up on most days. I am going to try to pack lunch at night so I'll just grab it and go the next morning. Someone on my thread also recommended keeping some food at work. I might also try that.

Also would like to add: omg Nutella. Yummmmm.

I'm not brave enough to take beginning pics so far. I still haven't even weighed myself. Eep!

So I seem to have the worst case of shin splints in my life, I have never had shin splints hurt this much. I think running and jogging may be out for this challenge. Even some of my body weight exercises are painful (like lunges and the plank). Guess I'll have to modify some things for this challenge and hopefully I can get rid of these before the next challenge.