• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fiOWNya

The First Timers - Let's show what we can do!

So I seem to have the worst case of shin splints in my life, I have never had shin splints hurt this much. I think running and jogging may be out for this challenge. Even some of my body weight exercises are painful (like lunges and the plank). Guess I'll have to modify some things for this challenge and hopefully I can get rid of these before the next challenge.

Definitely take it easy, you don't want those to get any worse! I'm not sure how you are supposed to treat shin splints, but get on that! ;)

I don't think it's too late to change your goals, you may want to do that to avoid further injury.

Well whenever I've had them in the past I just take it easy, or lower the intensity and that works fine. Well I tried that and didn't seem to work lol, so i'm gunna be doing alot of walking i guess.

My biggest challenge will be my goal to only eat out twice per week. It's usually my break from the office and my chance to talk with work friends, so that will be hard to pass up on most days. I am going to try to pack lunch at night so I'll just grab it and go the next morning. Someone on my thread also recommended keeping some food at work. I might also try that.

Also would like to add: omg Nutella. Yummmmm.

I'm not brave enough to take beginning pics so far. I still haven't even weighed myself. Eep!

Well if you have a long enough lunch, you could always go for a short walk before or after you eat. Then you still get that much needed break, and your also getting a bit of exercise.

So I seem to have the worst case of shin splints in my life, I have never had shin splints hurt this much. I think running and jogging may be out for this challenge. Even some of my body weight exercises are painful (like lunges and the plank). Guess I'll have to modify some things for this challenge and hopefully I can get rid of these before the next challenge.

Slow and steady wins the race! Better to make manageable changes than push too hard and not make it to the end.

How is everyone's first day going?

Prompt:

What is the one thing you think will challenge you most this challenge, and what steps are you planning to take to succeed with that one thing?

Checking in! Well, my first challenge is off to a wobbly start.....HoneyB is out of town and I have a sick kiddo (the other two seem healthy enough at the moment, thankfully). So. All my plans for exercising today kinda came to a screeching halt. I am going to do the BBWW tomorrow at home, as I don't think I will be able to get to the gym. Hopefully I can do it while Moppett is sleeping. Dinner was okay - fed the kidlets pasta while I ate some chicken. Did fine until the end when Moppett left half her dinner unfinished. So I finished it for her. WHY DO I DO THAT???

On the plus side, I did drink my water, and I got a load of laundry done, and I did not even once call HoneyB to rant at him for not being here (that was an effort).

Hope the rest of you are off to a running start! I'll catch up - I promise!

I'm thinking my life quest will be the hardest for me. Work is a bit overwhelming at the moment and I and trying my best to get on top of it!

Sorry for the radio silence over the first day. Super mega busy day at work and then my Zombie 5K on top of that. 

Man I logged in to NF today and had 75 notifications! I think I'm gonna have to strip back how many peoples journey that I follow!

Hope each of your day ones were great.

Good on you for the Zombie 5K!

Sorry about the shin splints - those suck! I agree with Fiona - just take it easy and maybe change up your goals a bit to accomodate. Don't want to push yourself into injury!

My biggest challenge will be my goal to only eat out twice per week. It's usually my break from the office and my chance to talk with work friends, so that will be hard to pass up on most days. I am going to try to pack lunch at night so I'll just grab it and go the next morning. Someone on my thread also recommended keeping some food at work. I might also try that.

Also would like to add: omg Nutella. Yummmmm.

I'm not brave enough to take beginning pics so far. I still haven't even weighed myself. Eep!

I am totally with you on the pics. I finally just bit the bullet and did it, but I can't bring myself to post them! I'll just keep them for myself - I keep telling myself it will be nice to have a record of how far I've come, but MAN, right now I just want to bury my head in shame!!

So far so good today I just hope I can keep up with it and avoid the last night munchies

Do you like carrots? Kind of random question, I know, but I always have a bunch of lacto-fermented dilled carrots on hand for those snacking urges. I absolutely love them, and they are good for me to boot! I'm happy to give you the link to the recipe if it sounds like something you might want to try. :smile-new:

I am totally with you on the pics. I finally just bit the bullet and did it, but I can't bring myself to post them! I'll just keep them for myself - I keep telling myself it will be nice to have a record of how far I've come, but MAN, right now I just want to bury my head in shame!!

Agree! I've taken my pics but they are in lockdown. Did post my measurements on my thread though.

Hello all!  I am litle behind with where I am supposed to post ;-)
Anyway, the prompt idea is fantastic!

OK, challenge most ... eating seems to be under control, but it would be easier if the rest of the household was on board.  They bring things into the hosue that they should not.  I don't eat it, but it is a bit frustrating to have to see it.

I guess the most challenging thing is to give myself time.  I am very impatient as far as progress goes, seeing results.  I know slow and steady wins the race but as I said, sometimes I am impatient.

Hello all!  I am litle behind with where I am supposed to post ;-)

Anyway, the prompt idea is fantastic!

OK, challenge most ... eating seems to be under control, but it would be easier if the rest of the household was on board.  They bring things into the hosue that they should not.  I don't eat it, but it is a bit frustrating to have to see it.

I guess the most challenging thing is to give myself time.  I am very impatient as far as progress goes, seeing results.  I know slow and steady wins the race but as I said, sometimes I am impatient.

I've had to tell my husband to hide everything that I can't have. :P

Could you maybe have all of the 'no-nos' in just one cabinet, so you don't have to look at it? Out of sight, out of mind.

How is everyone's third day going?

I'm sore and tired, didn't sleep too well, and really wanted ice cream for breakfast. Instead, I haven't eaten at all yet, because I haven't been able to sit still long enough to cook something. Been cleaning the house and watching the kiddos all day! I think my workout will have to be tonight rather than during the day, as well. I know the schedule says plyo... but I hate plyo. So that will likely be switched for something else. I really kinda enjoyed the Angry Birds workout yesterday...

I've had to tell my husband to hide everything that I can't have. :tongue:

Could you maybe have all of the 'no-nos' in just one cabinet, so you don't have to look at it? Out of sight, out of mind.

How is everyone's third day going?

I'm sore and tired, didn't sleep too well, and really wanted ice cream for breakfast. Instead, I haven't eaten at all yet, because I haven't been able to sit still long enough to cook something. Been cleaning the house and watching the kiddos all day! I think my workout will have to be tonight rather than during the day, as well. I know the schedule says plyo... but I hate plyo. So that will likely be switched for something else. I really kinda enjoyed the Angry Birds workout yesterday...

My brother is trying to get healthy too, but his strategy is to eat all the bad food first then get healthy. So he keeps talking about all the damn food he keeps eating, mean while I'm trying to avoid it lol.

And your line about ice cream for breakfast made me laugh so loud, people were looking at me funny.

My brother is trying to get healthy too, but his strategy is to eat all the bad food first then get healthy. So he keeps talking about all the damn food he keeps eating, mean while I'm trying to avoid it lol.

And your line about ice cream for breakfast made me laugh so loud, people were looking at me funny.

I just moved so we had nothing to clear out... a blessing, really.

Hi All!

So, I posted this in my personal thread, but just wanted to give an update of my progess thus far: depressing with one awesome highlight.

Depressing part: Our home is a den of sickness and Honey B was gone for the beginning part of the week, so I had to man the sinking ship by myself. I kept the eating part on track (mostly), but the exercise part bit it BIG TIME.

Awesome highlight: Finally got my butt back in gear and did the BBWW workout this morning. 1) Go me!!! 2) MAN I AM OUT OF SHAPE 3) but, GO MEEEEEE!!!!!

That's it for today!

Hi All!

So, I posted this in my personal thread, but just wanted to give an update of my progess thus far: depressing with one awesome highlight.

Depressing part: Our home is a den of sickness and Honey B was gone for the beginning part of the week, so I had to man the sinking ship by myself. I kept the eating part on track (mostly), but the exercise part bit it BIG TIME.

Awesome highlight: Finally got my butt back in gear and did the BBWW workout this morning. 1) Go me!!! 2) MAN I AM OUT OF SHAPE 3) but, GO MEEEEEE!!!!!

That's it for today!

That really sucks that everyone is sick, but good job with getting back to working out. Its so hard to keep doing it when your so out of shape, its frustrating. But we'll be in good shape one day, as long as we just keep swimming!!...... wait that's not right, working out I meant just keep working out.

Speaking of commercials, have you guys seen the new Chipotle one? I love love love it!

How is everyone this wonderful Friday? Still motivated? Still bringing it? Or do we need to do some motivating? ;)

Well I'm pretty sore today, decided to switch my routine Wednesday night for the Angry Birds Workout. I like it more and I get it done faster, but man am I sore lol. But at least I know its working.

Well I'm pretty sore today, decided to switch my routine Wednesday night for the Angry Birds Workout. I like it more and I get it done faster, but man am I sore lol. But at least I know its working.

Dude, I hear you! The BBWW I did on Thursday *wrecked* me! I was going to do it again today, but seriously - the pain! Is this normal? Should I scale back my goals? Or maybe do less reps/cycles? I really want to do this, but just walking is killing me right now....

Happy weekend everyone! Weekends are when things tend to fall apart for me - different routine, dinners with friends, etc. So, planning to stay strong, and wishing the same for all of you!

Is everyone still going strong? I haven't heard from some of you, lately, check in and let me know how you're doing!

Prompt: Going in an opposite direction from last week - what do you think a strong point of yours is? Why do you think so?

Is everyone still going strong? I haven't heard from some of you, lately, check in and let me know how you're doing!

Prompt: Going in an opposite direction from last week - what do you think a strong point of yours is? Why do you think so?

I'm still going pretty good, its usually after 3 or 4 weeks that I start to dwindle.

As for strong points...Unlike a lot of people on here, I don't mind just walking on a treadmill for and hour or two. Which once it starts getting cold may come in handy (it was 7 degrees the other night on my walk, definitely needed my hoodie).

Other than that I can't really think of anything. I'm usually pretty bad with sticking with exercise and changing my diet, but hopefully that changes this time around.

Hanging in there! Did pretty good over the weekend, though probably had more wine than I should have. ;) Going to attempt the BBWW again today - I'll let you know how it goes!

As for strong points....hmmmmm.....I'm pretty organized, which helps because I like to plan our weekly dinner menus, and that helps me stay on track with eating a more paleo diet.