• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fiOWNya

The First Timers - Let's show what we can do!

So I bought the Master Class for the Academy. I don't really have the money, but I figured why not lol (I'm not eating out anymore, that's how I'm rationalizing it). Also figured if I was paying for it I might as well get it all. But anyways, so far I like it and I think I will be changing my workout to one that is in the academy.

Oh!  Thanks for the update kdickin.  I know the intial post says there are 4 levels to each type of work out -- Do they look like one or more of the levels would be suitable for people who are already exercising regularly and have been doing weights for a few months?  This is the only thing holding me back.  One of the descriptions says that it's for complete beginners, so I don't want to get it if it's going to be for literal complete beginners.

Oh!  Thanks for the update kdickin.  I know the intial post says there are 4 levels to each type of work out -- Do they look like one or more of the levels would be suitable for people who are already exercising regularly and have been doing weights for a few months?  This is the only thing holding me back.  One of the descriptions says that it's for complete beginners, so I don't want to get it if it's going to be for literal complete beginners.

I had a whole response typed out and it backed out on me lol. K so short answer, wouldn't say its for only newbies. If your making good progress with what your doing and you can't afford the course, then I'm sure your fine to keep doing what your doing. As for the levels they have levels 1 and 2 of the workouts right now, and they will be adding the other levels soon.

I decided not to go with it for now, as I've studied fitness/exercise and worked out all my life (well, except the last two years). Keep us updated with what you think about it, though, may be fun to do in the future. :)

Speaking of...

Body by Science and Overcoming Gravity just showed up in the mail. I may not visit for a couple days while I digest the material. ;P

Wow no one has been on here in a couple of days. Well I'll tell you all about my week 3 (I know its not over yet but meh). So I didn't do as well as last week and maybe not even as good as my first week, but I think I'm still ok.

Goals:

1. Strength Training: I didn't miss any workouts this week, I switched my workout to one that is from the Academy. It gives me a warmup and all the exercises I have to do each week. I think this will work out best for me because I don't have to build my own routine, it just gives me everything I need. Also it kicked my butt, I was really sweating. So A+

2. Cardio: I did miss one day, because no one was here to watch my daughter so that I could go for a walk. But other than that I did walk everyday, even on my strength training days. So A-

3. Eating Better: this is where I went way down hill. So I have eaten more meat, fruit and veggies. But I had way more bread than I was suppose to, but no pasta. Also we went to Boston Pizza last night, I got ribs but I also got their brownie dessert (me and my brother went for a really long walk after that, made me feel a bit better haha) B

Life Goal:

4. Time with Daughter: So we didn't get out too much this week. We went for a walk, and we did some crafts when we couldn't get out. I think I'd give myself a B for this one too

so maybe a B+ for this week

I'm still a little surprised how much harder it is to keep my diet going when we have bad food in the house (currently, eggnog and macadamian nut clusters... omnomnom). It takes a lot more willpower to leave them alone. I'm also surprised how much more likely I am to cheat if I don't get a lot of sleep the night before. The last two weeks, my kids have both been sleeping very badly, and it's been a lot harder to both eat how I'm supposed to and workout.

I'm feeling good, though. My weight loss has stabilized, but I think I look a lot better and my energy feels like it has increased, even with the decrease in the amount of sleep. I've also been more productive than I have been ever since my daughter was born.

I have been tempted to take it easy and do easy workouts just to say I did a workout. I think writing what I'll do ahead of time will help with that. I think next challenge I really need to make a big effort to plan out my full workout schedule ahead of time, rather than taking it day by day. I've been meaning to do so, but it just hasn't gotten done yet.

I'm still a little surprised how much harder it is to keep my diet going when we have bad food in the house (currently, eggnog and macadamian nut clusters... omnomnom). It takes a lot more willpower to leave them alone. I'm also surprised how much more likely I am to cheat if I don't get a lot of sleep the night before. The last two weeks, my kids have both been sleeping very badly, and it's been a lot harder to both eat how I'm supposed to and workout.

I know what you mean, I found 2 cookies in the bread basket (individually wrapped, don't worry they weren't like dried out week old cookies) but I just couldn't help it lol.

And my weight hasn't really moved either, but meh as long as I'm not gaining then its good.

Hi All! Sorry I haven't posted for a while....October marks the beginning of the CRAZY TIME for me. Big review session next weekend, then big big big birthday party, then Halloween, then annual camping weekend, then Thanksgiving in Northern Cal, then Christmas nonsense. I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster that doesn't stop until January!

Anyhoo, things have been going well - in fact, last week I hit my goal of 3 workouts in a week! Can't tell you how awesome I feel about that! And, I changed from knee-pushups to regular push-ups!! On the heels of this victory I got sick, and I'm really hoping it is not strep throat, but it sure feels like it. I'm drinking tea and laying low, focusing on my diet this week instead of the excercise, though hope to feel well enough for a workout on Wednesday. Maybe just 1 or 2 sets?

Congrats Fiownya on sticking with it despite the many challenges you are experienceing at the moment. Hang in there! I"m glad you are feeling more productive!

How is everyone else doing?

Wow no one has been on here in a couple of days. Well I'll tell you all about my week 3 (I know its not over yet but meh). So I didn't do as well as last week and maybe not even as good as my first week, but I think I'm still ok.

Goals:

1. Strength Training: I didn't miss any workouts this week, I switched my workout to one that is from the Academy. It gives me a warmup and all the exercises I have to do each week. I think this will work out best for me because I don't have to build my own routine, it just gives me everything I need. Also it kicked my butt, I was really sweating. So A+

2. Cardio: I did miss one day, because no one was here to watch my daughter so that I could go for a walk. But other than that I did walk everyday, even on my strength training days. So A-

3. Eating Better: this is where I went way down hill. So I have eaten more meat, fruit and veggies. But I had way more bread than I was suppose to, but no pasta. Also we went to Boston Pizza last night, I got ribs but I also got their brownie dessert (me and my brother went for a really long walk after that, made me feel a bit better haha) B

Life Goal:

4. Time with Daughter: So we didn't get out too much this week. We went for a walk, and we did some crafts when we couldn't get out. I think I'd give myself a B for this one too

so maybe a B+ for this week

Sounds like you did great K! Eating clean is hard, especially when out with friends. My family does a pizza/movie thing every Friday (at home), and I really haven't found a good way to handle that. Either I eat pizza and feel guilty, or I don't eat pizza and feel deprived. Neither was is good. I gotta figure something out.....

Sounds like you did great K! Eating clean is hard, especially when out with friends. My family does a pizza/movie thing every Friday (at home), and I really haven't found a good way to handle that. Either I eat pizza and feel guilty, or I don't eat pizza and feel deprived. Neither was is good. I gotta figure something out.....

I have either a pasta or pizza meal once a week. Its planned and I don't feel bad about it, simply because before I would have had pasta everyday (sometimes twice a day). Plus on top of that would be all the bread and grains. I don't want to attempt cutting them all out at once and then go right back later because I couldn't handle it.

Hi All! Sorry I haven't posted for a while....October marks the beginning of the CRAZY TIME for me. Big review session next weekend, then big big big birthday party, then Halloween, then annual camping weekend, then Thanksgiving in Northern Cal, then Christmas nonsense. I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster that doesn't stop until January!

Anyhoo, things have been going well - in fact, last week I hit my goal of 3 workouts in a week! Can't tell you how awesome I feel about that! And, I changed from knee-pushups to regular push-ups!! On the heels of this victory I got sick, and I'm really hoping it is not strep throat, but it sure feels like it. I'm drinking tea and laying low, focusing on my diet this week instead of the excercise, though hope to feel well enough for a workout on Wednesday. Maybe just 1 or 2 sets?

Congrats Fiownya on sticking with it despite the many challenges you are experienceing at the moment. Hang in there! I"m glad you are feeling more productive!

How is everyone else doing?

Ya this is a really busy time of the year. Then with our family my sisters birthday is the end of October, mine is 1 week later, and my dad's is a month later.

But that is awesome that you reached your goal, and if you do have strep just take a rest if you need it. I get strep about once a year, it really is a pain.

Yep! It's strep! yahooooo! BUT, on a positive note I did see my doctor today and got some kickass antibiotics, so hopefully by this time tomorrow my throat won't feel like sandpaper anymore. I haven't worked out yet this week, which makes me a bit scared because I know the next time I do it's gonna *hurt*, but oh well. Because I haven't been excercising I've been hypervigilant about what I am eating, and so far have resisted anything made with wheat flour. I've also done a pretty good job of avoiding sugar, with the exception of an immune-boosting syrup that is honey-based (homemade).

With life getting crazy all around me, I'm reminded how important working out is for my sanity. As much as I loathe exercise, I have to admit that these past few weeks of regular workouts have really helped me stay calm. I'm going to keep this in the forefront of my mind as I move forward. Exercise = sanity.

Yay for antibiotics lol, and hopefully you get better soon.

Antibiotics worked! So grateful for modern medicine! One of my kidlets has strep too now, poor baby! She's on antibiotics too, so hopefully will be feeling better soon. Just hoping the other two stay strong.....

Finally got back in the saddle with the BBWW; did 2 sets, not all reps on all exercises, but proud of myself nonetheless. Oddly enough, it was nice to get sweaty again! What is happening to me?!?

Hope your week is going well!

Yesterdays victory: put 5 family-sized bags of Oreos into smaller 2-cookie packets (using as prizes for one of the games at the birthday party) and did not eat a single one! Not even a "broken" one! Man, that was hard.

Yesterdays victory: put 5 family-sized bags of Oreos into smaller 2-cookie packets (using as prizes for one of the games at the birthday party) and did not eat a single one! Not even a "broken" one! Man, that was hard.

You certainly have more will power than me!!!

Crazy birthday party is TOMORROW!! I'm in hyper-stress mode and there will be a metric ton of sugar at the party tomorrow.  I'm gonna try my best, though I do have to say that after 3+ weeks of avoiding sugar, I'm not craving sweets as much as I used to. I AM having a glass (or two!) of wine tonight just to mellow me out. Today was a complete bust on my side goal of being nice to HoneyB. I was running around the house, frantically trying to get stuff done for tomorrow and he was hanging out in the garage playing on his iPad. I kind sorta snapped. Grrrrrrrr. Hence, the wine.

Wish me luck tomorrow!

Crazy birthday party is TOMORROW!! I'm in hyper-stress mode and there will be a metric ton of sugar at the party tomorrow.  I'm gonna try my best, though I do have to say that after 3+ weeks of avoiding sugar, I'm not craving sweets as much as I used to. I AM having a glass (or two!) of wine tonight just to mellow me out. Today was a complete bust on my side goal of being nice to HoneyB. I was running around the house, frantically trying to get stuff done for tomorrow and he was hanging out in the garage playing on his iPad. I kind sorta snapped. Grrrrrrrr. Hence, the wine.

Wish me luck tomorrow!

Well good luck with avoiding the sweets, I would have a lot of trouble with that too. As for snapping on him, I think most people would have too in that situation. So I don't think you should count that one against you :)

Hey all!

Sorry for my inactivity lately, I've been crazy busy!

How's everyone doing? Still hanging in there?

This is the last week! How do you feel you did? Are you going to participate in the next challenge? How will your goals differ?

Wow! I can't believe it's the LAST week! Time has really flown by. I'm thinking about my next challenge....... hmmmmm. I feel like I've done well with the exercise part - I'm certainly working out more than when I started, and I can see my progress in terms of reps and sets, but I still think there is a long way to go. I think one thing I need to focus on is finding the fun in exercise - I'm doing it, but despite being proud of my progress I'm still not a huge fan. So maybe I will make my goal along those lines: include one exercise/activity session that I truly enjoy - I'm thinking archery - each week. As for food, again I think I'm doing well, but there is room for improvement. I think I will choose a "problem" food and see if I can either eliminate of severely cut back for the next challenge. What do you guys think of that? Am I being unrealistic?

Also: I'm super proud of not getting derailed by the birthday party sugar madness on Saturday. I wrote about it on my personal thread, but basically I avoided about 90% of the sugar that day, and the best part was that it really wasn't that hard. Much to my surprise, I just didn't really want it. Even Oreo cookies! WTF?!? :)

I'm doing alright I suppose. Last week was by far the worst lol (I had a Big Mac :nightmare: haha), but oh well I'm not going to worry about it. I've still lost weight over the 6 weeks, so I must be doing something right. I've been trying to do my body weight exercises but lately I just don't feel like it, so I just walk on my treadmill instead (way too cold out at night now to walk outside).

Last day everyone, check in!

My apologies for being so inactive the last couple weeks, between sickness and busy kids stuff, I just haven't been as active as I would have liked.

How did everyone do? Did you pass?

I consider my challenge a PASS, with 7.2 pounds lost and several inches gone!

Will you do the next challenge?

My last week was horrible, don't think I met any of my goals. But overall i'd say it was a pass. I weighed in at 152 lbs this morning, so 8 lbs in 6 weeks not too bad. I will do the next challenge, but I think my goals will be similar.

So, gotta get out the tape measure and step on the scale to see my final progress, BUT in the meantime - what do we do from here? Do we pick a guild for our next challenge? I'm also not clear on the points thing and avatars - are we supposed to be doing something with that? Help!