Deadlifting 150% bodyweight

For the last 4 weeks i have been back on a strength program I was doing about this time last year...

Pretty much 5 sets x 5 reps.

I follow 4 compund movements of

Barbell Back Squat

Seated Close Inward Grip Row

Flat Barbell Bench Press

Deadlift

I remember when I first started doing this last year, i picked up 60kg and I was in agony, my PT was telling me my form was out the window, breaking too quck with my back or knees locking out too quick...

I have left the program once or twice to concentrate of events (14km run) and other things.

This time I have come back better than ever

Just going through my training book now.

On the 12th of August my set of deadlifts were (in kgs) - 70 - 80 - 90 - 100 - 110 all for 5 reps

Yesterday I woke up and I had one thing on my mind the 150% deadlift... I did some research before I went to bed last night, just making sure I doing things right... making sure you "Thrust the bar" things like that...

Did a set of squats before I moved onto my deadlift and then pumped out the following sets

110 - 115 - 120 all for 5 reps

125 for 3

130 for 2

135 for 1 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now i weight 90kg...so yeah x 1.5 make its a 135kg lift!!! My PT wasnt with me at the time to check my form, but I am quite confident it was good, i know when i lose form on DL because I hurt straight away.

My biggest issue with DL at the moment now im starting to get it heavy is grip strength, im using decent gloves, but i think i am in need for a new pair.

At this stage, i am not going to try and lift any heavier, i just want to bust out a set of 5 @ 135kg

</end> blowing trumpet

Nice!  Congratulations.  I'm about 92 Kg, so gives me something to aim for.  My best previously has been 110 kg, so looks like it's achievable.  Any pointers?  

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask