• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Do you write, paint, draw, play an instrument, sing, create yummy dishes, throw pottery, dance, act, sew, craft, do something else creative or combine some of the above?

Rangers aren't just jacks-of-all-trades in fitness. A lot of us carry that trait over into our more creative work and play, too, either as "Renaissance" men and women when we create and succeed, or alternately as dabblers, dilettantes, and dreamers when we don't follow through on our projects.

Let's inspire and encourage each other on to Leonardesque greatness in our fitness and our creative goals!

I'm sort of making this up as I go along, but I don't see why you'd have to have a specific creative goal. We'll all need fitness accountability and you'll still be playing and writing during the challenge and therefore able to encourage team members who do need a boost towards their creative goals. Seems good enough to me.

Welcome aboard and be sure to sign up on the spreadsheet!

I'm a writer, a cook, and I'm learning belly dance at a local studio, and I would love to be part of a creative accountabilibuddy group.  :)

Great stuff and welcome! Be sure and add your name to the Google doc. I've moved the group to "Cross Guild" under "Renaissance Rangers ( and Friends)."

I like your theme. I'm a scout for the time being, but definitely lean in the creative/versatile direction. One of my goals this challenge is to practice my fiddle more. I basically took the summer off from playing in order to learn to sing, but boy, did my playing suffer.  I'm a professional data analyst, but I took up  music about 3 1/2 years ago as a hobby.

Other hobbies that I dabble in periodically are: sewing, crocheting, drawing, writing, baking, playing guitar, reading. Does anyone else have the feeling there aren't enough hours in a day, or years in a life?

Go ahead and sign up if you want some accountabilibuddy support! I started this in rangers but moved it to cross guild as it became clear that the people who were interested were from across the guild spectrum. Ramgers obviously aren't the only jacks-of-all-trades!

I know I definitely need more hours in the day. And, at 55, I'm feeling the pressure to get my novels done and more songs learned!

I moved to druids last week because of meditation, but if you see my goals and trainings I really have a lot of things in common with rangers.

I agree fiddle-on. So many times I have felt frustrated because I know I will not live enough to do all the things I want to do nor read all the books that worth. But at least we have the next six weeks to do some of these things.

(From my mobile phone.)

Hi!

I write, paint and do other silly stuff (just started crocheting). My main goals are not art related but I feel like I should be focusing on my creative side a little bit more. 

Glad to find this group!

Hopefully I'm not too late to join :)

Hi!

I write, paint and do other silly stuff (just started crocheting). My main goals are not art related but I feel like I should be focusing on my creative side a little bit more. 

Glad to find this group!

Hopefully I'm not too late to join :)

Welcome aboard! Great to have you!

Hey, welcome! :)

I did a list with the links to our challenges, just to keep track of them easily:

laurabzz: challenge

rowan: challenge

Lt_Laurel: challenge

SambieWlks: challenge

fiddle-on: challenge

daggart: challenge

Thanks, daggart! We just need to do a little following, listing, and introducing as people have time and we'll be ready to roll!

List updates

To be sure you are "official," add your name to the challenge spreadsheet, if you haven't done so already.

Introductions

If you're on the spreadsheet, but haven't posted here yet, please take a minute and introduce yourself and post a link to your challenge thread so we can get to know you.

I hope everyone's challenge is off to a rockin' start and I'm looking forward to hearing how Day 1 went for all of you! And check back tonight for a creative group challenge...

I'm a bit late introducing myself.  I've had a hectic week so far so and haven't had my usual computer time.  

I am really looking forward to having accountabilibuddy and making some new friends in the progress.  My main crafty hobbies are knitting, canning, baking, and cooking.  I also dabble a lot and have way too many craft based hobbies and supplies.  

My life quest is to get my craft biz up and running.  I'm starting with a knitting pattern I wrote, but have some other ideas floating around.  I got the pattern written and did a ton of research and dreaming but got stalled out on the not so crafty parts.  

Here is my challenge log.  

This seems like my kind of thread!

I do a lot of illustration and comic book work both in my professional and personal life, and I've got a couple artistic goals in my own challenge this time around. I'd love to be able to encourage other creative types as well. I threw my name on the spreadsheet for signup; anything else I need to do?

I would like to join as well. I do blacksmithing and this year will be my fourth Nanowrimo.

Welcome aboard, Jakkals! It looks like you are on the list and ready to go.

I'm a bit late introducing myself.  I've had a hectic week so far so and haven't had my usual computer time.  

I am really looking forward to having accountabilibuddy and making some new friends in the progress.  My main crafty hobbies are knitting, canning, baking, and cooking.  I also dabble a lot and have way too many craft based hobbies and supplies.  

My life quest is to get my craft biz up and running.  I'm starting with a knitting pattern I wrote, but have some other ideas floating around.  I got the pattern written and did a ton of research and dreaming but got stalled out on the not so crafty parts.  

Here is my challenge log.  

Thanks for the intro and welcome! Not too late, we're just getting started.

This seems like my kind of thread!

I do a lot of illustration and comic book work both in my professional and personal life, and I've got a couple artistic goals in my own challenge this time around. I'd love to be able to encourage other creative types as well. I threw my name on the spreadsheet for signup; anything else I need to do?

You're good to go, Thunderneath. Welcome to the RRs!

I've added some more spaces to the spreadsheet, to leave room for Rowan and SambieWiks, plus anyone else that may straggle in over the next day or so, but we have a full enough complement to get under way.

A BIG THANKS TO DAGGART! He put a list together ( post #14 ) of the challenge threads as of this morning, so we can all subscribe and follow each others' threads more easily. If he wouldn't mind keeping that current, that would be great!

CHALLENGE IDEA: I've been looking at what some of the other groups are doing or have done in the past, and the Gurren Brigade caught my eye. I thought it was very cool that they have a logo and a motto and wondered if we should do the same. Any thoughts? I don't want pull anyone away from their primary goals, but it might be a motivator when the mid-challenge slump hits to have our own banner and saying to encourage each other on to greatness. If you like the idea and have the time, post something, and let's see where it goes!

Other than, that I hope everyone's first day went well and you're pumped for tomorrow!

Thanks for posting the links, Daggart.

Here's more-

Thunderneath:  challenge

Vibrantnotions:  challenge

Jakkals:  challenge

Cool, we are up-to-date. Thanks, fiddle-on!

I'm switching over to work mode now, so I'll be back in about 10 -11 hours. I'll catch up with everyone then, check in with the few who haven't finished their signup, and then put together a spreadsheet for us.

Have a great Day 2, everyone!

Thanks, fiddle-on, I am following all challenges already. My day two is ending right now, so I hope that yours will be at least as good as mine. I will check your threads right now.

Hey can I join?  I did put my name on the list already, hope that's okay.  Not doing anything artsy right now :-( used to sew, knit, leather working, sculpture.  But looking into taking pattern making classes in Spring, I like cosplay.  Definitely need to be accountable to someone, I get off track easily and you guys seemed like a nice group. the last challenge didn't get finished so I'm making this one stick.

Warm Regards

MissRoseblood

Hey can I join?  I did put my name on the list already, hope that's okay.  Not doing anything artsy right now :-( used to sew, knit, leather working, sculpture.  But looking into taking pattern making classes in Spring, I like cosplay.  Definitely need to be accountable to someone, I get off track easily and you guys seemed like a nice group. the last challenge didn't get finished so I'm making this one stick.

Warm Regards

MissRoseblood

You're in! Welcome to the Renaissance Rebels...

*** Update Your Followings and Links, Fellow Rebels! ***

MissRoseblood

And a shout out to anybody who's following along and hasn't joined for whatever reason - there's still some room. Otherwise, lurk happily and feel free to join in the conversation whenever you're ready. We're quite friendly, even if a few of us may be a bit eccentric!