• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I practice only the art of baking these days haha. It's my way of procrastination.

I wish I could share my Paleo Honey Cake with you guys. Perfect celebration cake!

Yummm. That looks so good! Thanks for the recipe link - that will have to substitute.

I've been thinking a lot about the next challenge and wondering if I should put a theme or storyline to it. I've enjoyed how some people in the forums have developed their challenge persona as a character from an RPG or created a scenario based within a particular fantasy world. I thought it would a cool thing to do, but didn't know what to pick. I'm more of an old trekkie than a modern gamer.

Duh...I have a whole fantasy world, cast of characters, and several different plot lines ready to go in my (half-written) novels! And, doing game-style scenarios could help me with the writing. And, who better to teach me how to be an unstoppable, badass ranger than my heroine? And, and, lots of ideas bubbling in my brain right now!

In fact, the premise of my last challenge was that to reach my goals, I was going to have to become a lot more like her and a lot less like my usual diet- and exercise-challenged self. I made some progress along that path in the past six weeks, but I missed the obvious next step until about an hour ago, when all of the above thoughts coalesced and I slapped my forehead at my obliviousness. I promptly started a battle log to plan my next adventure...

My final summary is on my thread, including the picture of the completed helmet and axe. 

I enjoyed being part of this group, you helped to push me to do things I probably won't have done if you were not here, so thanks for the support and encouragement.

Lt_Laurel, I was thinking about the group, too. What I'm going to do is adding some 'art' (or creativity) to my goals (one of them will be only poetry, literature or music). Thinking in something artistic to share (acording to the spirit of the group) could be fine.

Jakkals, thanks to you, too. It has been a pleasure share this challenge with you.

Hey, all! The dates for the next challenge are up - Nov. 11 to Dec. 22! I was really planning on starting Nov. 4...Anyone up for a between-challenge challenge? Say, starting a 10-day mini-challenge this Friday?

What about a single goal, pass/fail, your choice of diet, exercise, or creative activity? Other ideas? Or maybe a ten-day trial run of the goals that you want to pursue in the official challenge?

The Winner of the Renaissance Rebels

Halloween Costume Contest is...

JAKKALS!

For the great helmet and axe

he made for Nanowrimo

(THIS from someone who doesn't

even celebrate Halloween!)

This entitles him to display an official Renaissance Rebel Badge of Honor in his thread or signature if he so chooses:

______

/  __  __  \     

\_ \-/ A \-/ _/

\  I||| ||  /

Winner Halloween 2013

RR Costume Contest

OR

_ _ _

/\   /   //      \\  /\

\ \ | _||___||/ /

Winner Halloween 2013

RR Costume Contest

Seriously... Check it out on his Challenge Thread!

It isn't really late, is it? I think the mini-challenge is a great idea. A single goal is something very achieaveable and I'd like to continue the connections we started during last challenge. Have you got any ideas? I was thinking that losing weight is my main goal at this moment (better for running, better for my self-steem) and I've been thinking on losing 1 kg during the next 10 days by focusing in what and how I eat everyday. (Mindfulness eating or something like that).

I've decided to do a 10 day mini-challenge as a trial run of my goals for the 6 week challenge. I want to be more realistic and targeted this time, and I need to revise my food and diet goals on the basis of last challenge. I'm also working out a themed challenge with a storyline.

This way, when the regular challenge starts, I won't be revising and changing things around, I can start strong and move ahead without hesitation. That's the plan, anyway!

So let's do this! We can encourage each other here on this thread, along with anyone else who wants to join us. I'm also keeping a battle log to plan my 6 week challenge and track my progress. It's in my signature.

Does ayone have any ideas for the next Renaissance Rebels accountabilibuddy group? I'm in the process of defining a couple of group mini-challenges and thinking about how to improve things for the next 6wc. I'd really appreciate feedback, suggestions, wishlists, and any ideas how to make the group better, more relevant, fun, and helpful!

It's personal, but maybe it could give you any idea. I'm thinking on doing a 30 days challenge to learn to play a Beethoven's Sonate. I think that we could think in something similar as a grou (I mean, a different thing, but maybe that one challenge or mini-challenge could be learning a piece of music or memorizing a poem.. whatever).

I'd love to memorize some poems! Actually, I might make it a part of my challenge. My creative process is on hold for a moment until I finish all the essays I have to write for uni. But I still want to be a part in this! We'll also need to recruit new members I think :) more fun with more of us.

It's personal, but maybe it could give you any idea. I'm thinking on doing a 30 days challenge to learn to play a Beethoven's Sonate. I think that we could think in something similar as a grou (I mean, a different thing, but maybe that one challenge or mini-challenge could be learning a piece of music or memorizing a poem.. whatever).

I like the idea of one defined creative project, start to finish either in 30 days or 6 weeks, whatever the person's medium/artform/craft. An alternate mini-challenge, for those who maybe don't have the time or energy for a creative project or want/need inspiration would be to attend a performance or show, or participate in a class or other related activity.

I'd love to memorize some poems! Actually, I might make it a part of my challenge. My creative process is on hold for a moment until I finish all the essays I have to write for uni. But I still want to be a part in this! We'll also need to recruit new members I think :) more fun with more of us.

Yes, I agree. I will post a new Renaissance Rebels thread and add the group to the accountabilibuddy spreadsheet as soon as I know it is up. Returning members and new members can then sign up. As high as the attrition rate is, I'm thinking we can go higher than 10 or so in the initial sign ups. It will be a little crazy at first, but should settle down to a manageable pace of postings after the first two weeks.

I'm anxiously awaiting the new challenge. I'm using this week to fine tune my goals and run some tests of my systems, then I'll be totally ready on the 11th!

Yes I agree with this too. Some people will drop the challenge (yay I've got so much hope for us haha) and then we'll have a good steady number of members.

By the way, if anyone wants to add me on Facebook just message me! No one understands my posts about training there :/

I like the idea of one defined creative project, start to finish either in 30 days or 6 weeks, whatever the person's medium/artform/craft. An alternate mini-challenge, for those who maybe don't have the time or energy for a creative project or want/need inspiration would be to attend a performance or show, or participate in a class or other related activity.

Yes, I agree. I will post a new Renaissance Rebels thread and add the group to the accountabilibuddy spreadsheet as soon as I know it is up. Returning members and new members can then sign up. As high as the attrition rate is, I'm thinking we can go higher than 10 or so in the initial sign ups. It will be a little crazy at first, but should settle down to a manageable pace of postings after the first two weeks.

I'm anxiously awaiting the new challenge. I'm using this week to fine tune my goals and run some tests of my systems, then I'll be totally ready on the 11th!

YES, that's a GREAT idea. A mini-challenge in order to assist to one performance.

When you create the new thread, paste the link here. I want to be into the new group, of course. Last challenge I was supportive during the firist three weeks and I hope being the whole challenge this time.

I'm going to put some random ideas on my battle log for the new challenge (how to rate, which goals I want to achieve, etc.). I suggest that everyone could start to think about the new goals :-)

Yes I agree with this too. Some people will drop the challenge (yay I've got so much hope for us haha) and then we'll have a good steady number of members.

By the way, if anyone wants to add me on Facebook just message me! No one understands my posts about training there :/

I don't really keep up with Facebook. I am considering a Nerd Fitness/Renaissance Rebel focused Twitter account, though, as a way to do some on-the-fly updates and relay inspiration/motivation helps once we are in the challenge proper.  Is that something that would be useful to you?

YES, that's a GREAT idea. A mini-challenge in order to assist to one performance.

When you create the new thread, paste the link here. I want to be into the new group, of course. Last challenge I was supportive during the firist three weeks and I hope being the whole challenge this time.

I'm going to put some random ideas on my battle log for the new challenge (how to rate, which goals I want to achieve, etc.). I suggest that everyone could start to think about the new goals :-)

I will definitely post the link so everyone can transfer over. Not sure when the forums will changeover for the next challenge, but it should be soon. In the meantime, I will post group related things here and my personal preparations over in my battle log (link in signature).

The Winner of the Renaissance Rebels

Halloween Costume Contest is...

JAKKALS!

I would like to thank the academy, my family and friends for this honour, and thank you all for your support so far. 

Sorry, I've been mostly off-line this weekend, we've got family staying. 

I've sort of started with my next challenge, I am trying a few things to see if it will work, but the most important is waking up a little bit earlier each morning.

And I've eaten too much, they bought pizza tonight, and I should have skipped the dessert and ice cream.

And a picture of me and Vonk.

post-5093-0-60843500-1383592305.jpg

And the Hall erupts in ** Enthusiastic Applause and Cheers ** for the Writing Viking in the striking helmet and his adorable sidekick!

Glad to hear you are starting early, too. That makes several of us that are already gearing up for a great challenge. Hang in there on the food - it's hard to hold the line when you've got company. It'll be easier to get back on track once the challenge proper starts.

It looks like most of the forums are up for the next challenge, however the signup sheet and the accountabilibuddy forum + Google doc are not yet functional. I'm keeping an eye on it and will get a link up here as soon as I can post a Renaissance Rebels topic for the next challenge!