• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I can't figure out how to join you guys but I started my whole 30 the day after I started the 6 week challenge. Can someone contact me and help me figure this out?

I can't figure out how to join you guys but I started my whole 30 the day after I started the 6 week challenge. Can someone contact me and help me figure this out?

Hey 49er. Welcome.

I will fix it and add you no problem, consider yourself joined :) don't forget to follow this thread :)

Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

The whole30 meal at Chipotle has saved me many times when I have had to stay late at work or a shopping trip with friends has run over. Carnetas salad with salsa and guac. Sounds plain but is awesome as heck.

I also order a cobb sald without blue cheese at any other place. I'll ignore the fact the bacon isn't strict and have oil and vin. Or if I am being stict ditch the bacon. Another favorite is a burger without the bun and cheese with a side salad instead of fries.

Sorry if I am rambling pretty tired here, but I wanted to check in.

that's awesome advice Tonic.  I can't say that i thought about where to eat out if i need to, but some good advice :)

Guys, i'm hitting the last few days of my current W30 plus i've had an exceptionally rough emotional week (i cannot say that i haven't wanted to bury my face in a cake, but i can say that i've learnt there are other options to dealing with stress).  I think i can stay strong until the very end (hell it's only 5 more days to get through - ok 4.5 days now). 

I do have a tricky situation tomorrow though.  I'm meeting up with my portuguese class tomorrow to go to the local Portuguese Festival and i'd really really like to try the different foods and stuff (before i get to Brazil) but i know i can't.  Does anyone know if there's a W30 type portuguese meal that would be ok to try? I'm obviously not going to be able to try the drinks, but that can honestly wait until the end of the year.

The best thing to eat when you go out is steak. After that, chicken or fish or turkey, grilled. After that, the processed things like burgers. Try to avoid bacon if you're being strict.

I love eating at Chipotle!  If you're not being very strict their steak salad is perfection!  Love it!!

Not sure about the Portuguese Festival.  I would think vegetables and meats should be ok.  if they are there with the people that made them, ten hopefully you can asked how things are made.  I think even if some meat was prepared with a bad oil, it might be ok to have,  Good luck with it.

Awesome advice guys. I know that I like to be prepared just in case I'm stuck out and need to eat. Always good to have emergency back ups!

WOOHOO Blaidd, only 4.5 days. That is so exciting and awesome at the same time. For the festival, I agree with Tateman. Since I've never been and don't think I eat or know what food they have there, I would assume the same as Tateman. 

I am a tax accountant so on days that I am working a ton and have run out of precooked food in my fridge I eat out. You have to learn that just because youare eating out it it doesn't have to be unhealthy. Especially if I am literally eating out because of the time factor. Now, if I am eating out for a special occasion that different then having to grab lunch because I need to grocery shop. This one lesson is serving me so well with how busy I have been at work.

We can do this Blaidd! My last day is Wednesday then I am going to stick with paleo. The only thing I am really adding back for now is rice when I am eating out and  I will be able to eat fruit here and there.

Yeah, go Blaidd! You can do it!

I too will be eating paleo when my whole 30 challenge is up, of course after a small victory dinner of something middle eastern lol. 

I did manage to have a successful evening dining out for my brothers birthday. Had veal and our server was a good friend of the family (I was hoping she would be working) and was happy to accommodate to the Whole requirements. Usually it comes with a huge blob of spaghetti, but she gave me extra veggies, yum! I was proud I had resisted the bread served in the beginning and my aunt who had a pizza beside me. Tough, but I did it. Realized the 5 minutes or so of food enjoyment isn't worth the stomach trouble (brick/heavy feeling in the stomach). 

Anyway, hope everyone had a great weekend!

Yeah, go Blaidd! You can do it!

I too will be eating paleo when my whole 30 challenge is up, of course after a small victory dinner of something middle eastern lol. 

I did manage to have a successful evening dining out for my brothers birthday. Had veal and our server was a good friend of the family (I was hoping she would be working) and was happy to accommodate to the Whole requirements. Usually it comes with a huge blob of spaghetti, but she gave me extra veggies, yum! I was proud I had resisted the bread served in the beginning and my aunt who had a pizza beside me. Tough, but I did it. Realized the 5 minutes or so of food enjoyment isn't worth the stomach trouble (brick/heavy feeling in the stomach). 

Anyway, hope everyone had a great weekend!

nice going WW.  I remember my first restaurant challenge while doing Whole30 wasquite daunting, but it get so much easier.  My boyf was eating pizza yesterday too and although it smelled good i wasn't even tempted (my rack of lamb was even better if you ask me).

I have today and tomorrow to go - YAY!! 

I've had a think about it and i'm going to stay as close to Whole30 as i can, cos honestly i can't remember when i felt so good, physically.  Jay reminded me yesterday that i shouldn't even be eating gluten cos we're worst enemies, so i'm going to keep at it.  I think the food i will reintroduce (in super small quanities on rate occasions) is rice, in particular basmati rice.  Nom!!

Has anyone ever heard of Shirataki Noodles?  Jay brought me some home yesterday (he saw them and saw they were gluten, dairy,sugar and wheat free).  When i looked at the ingredients all that was stated was glucomannan Konjac and Carbon Dioxide.  From my website research konjac is an asian yam and the glucomannan is the water soluble fibre derived from it.  It has 2 ingredients so i can't imagine that it's all that bad - i will give it a try after W30 and see if i like it. Anyone else given it a go?

Sorry I have been so absent this weekend, it was busy! Congrats WW for sticking to your guns and resisting those temping foods. Restaurant outings must be hard but I'm glad to hear you did well. 

Woohoo Blaidd, only 2 more days! Also, I have never heard of those noodles before. You will have to tel us all how they are when you try them. :)

My weekend was full of sports and resisting temptations like pizza, vodka in sprite, more pizza and caramel popcorn, oh and garlic fries. I wanted them so bad, like sooooo bad. I had my black coffee, which was gross but hot, and that helped me take my mind off of food. It also helped me realize that I was just craving the food and not actually hungry. 

Wow Blaidd! Two more days!!! I'm so impressed by how you handled your emotionally tumultuous week. I'm sorry it was so incredibly rough and hope this next week is much smoother sailing for you. How did the Portuguese festival turn out? Also, haven't tried (or seen) those noodles! Please share your thoughts :)

Tonic! Wow! You are so close, too! Congrats!

WW, congrats on your meal out for your brother's birthday. That's so helpful that you knew the server :) Your veal sounds awesome. Way to resist the bread!

Jonesy, way to be strong!!! Sounds like a fun weekend :) 

Wow everyone is doing really well!

Blaidd, I have never heard of those noodles, but I'm interested.  You'll have to let me know how it tastesy . I'm on day 25, but I'm staying on until the end o the 6 week challenge.

Devyn, when you've done W30 in the past, did you ever experiment with reintroduction to test for sensitivities? 

Yes, I did it the first and second times.

Do you mind sharing your experience? Also, how long did you do the reintro phase?

The first time, I reintroduced food like the book said to, but I couldn't tell what was what and how it affected me. The second time (i think it was the second time) I took a week for each food introduced. I found that dairy makes me break out (I had acne problems my whole life that seem mostly fine when I"m on W30) and that non gluten grains give me gas and gluten grains and sugar makes me sluggish and tired and everything bad. Pulses don't seem to have much of an affect on me, but I keep them out of W30 because they are mostly carbohydrates and not really as high in protein as meat. 

Thank you for sharing your experience Devyn. The reintroduction phases sounds sort of scary to me and I've been trying to figure out how to reintroduce some of the foods. 

Thank you for sharing your experience Devyn. The reintroduction phases sounds sort of scary to me and I've been trying to figure out how to reintroduce some of the foods. 

I second this.  I start re-introduction today and i thought i'd try a few things i like.  My body doesn't like them all that much, but i don't know what exactly it is that triggered the reaction.  So this week i will work on reintroducing dairy and see how i go on that (again i don't have a lot of dairy to start with, but i like feta and goat's cheese so i'll try those again).

Congratulations, Blaidd!  Let us know how reintroduction goes!

I'm on day 26 or 27 or something like that, but this is the first time I'm going beyond 30 so I'm kinda scared and sort of jealous of Blaidd.  :redface-new:

Congratulations, Blaidd! Let us know how reintroduction goes!

I'm on day 26 or 27 or something like that, but this is the first time I'm going beyond 30 so I'm kinda scared and sort of jealous of Blaidd. :redface-new:

I'm thinking of going whole30 in November again and then continuing afterwards without reintroduction, but I will first see what October holds :) so far my body has said "stay the hell away from cupcakes!" Not sure whether it's the gluten or the dairy in the frosting. One item reintroduction from tmrw like you did the last time, Devyn. Lunch today was pretty simple (steamed veggies with grilled chicken) and I'm stuffed.

Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

PS.  I might be done with my W30 (as of yesterday) but i'm not done with you :)

Congrats and I'm glad you are not done with us!

Congratulations, Blaidd!  Let us know how reintroduction goes!

I'm on day 26 or 27 or something like that, but this is the first time I'm going beyond 30 so I'm kinda scared and sort of jealous of Blaidd.  :redface-new:

I second this ^. 

Devyn are you going like a few extra days/weeks or you planning on making it a perm change?

I'm thinking of going whole30 in November again and then continuing afterwards without reintroduction, but I will first see what October holds :) so far my body has said "stay the hell away from cupcakes!" Not sure whether it's the gluten or the dairy in the frosting. One item reintroduction from tmrw like you did the last time, Devyn. Lunch today was pretty simple (steamed veggies with grilled chicken) and I'm stuffed. Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

That cupcake example is why reintroduction scares me. So many things have multiple categories in them that it would be hard to identify which one is causing issues or if they all are! So please keep us all updated on how your reintroduction goes. :)

Devyn, thanks! That is really helpful. I felt like the reintroduction they suggest in the book isn't really scientific enough for me (Blaidd's cupcake experience is a perfect example of what I mean! Is it the dairy? The wheat? The sugar?). It's good to know that it took a week to really see the results for you, too. And how cool that you are going beyond 30. I can think of so many excellent reasons to do that, but what's your motivation? 

BLAIDD!!! Congrats!!! That's so thrilling! Also, YAY I'm glad you're still around. And I second Jonesy's request. Do you mind keeping us updated on your reintroduction process? Ultimately, this is why I'm doing Whole30, so I'm particularly interested in others' experiences (the book was not very illuminating there... great anecdotes from people who found life-changing help through Whole30, but even though it's touted as a not-necessarily-permanent change, they kinda leave you hanging if you don't intend for the whole lifestyle to be a permanent change). Also, exciting that you are considering doing W30 full time starting in November. From what you've said, it sounds like this has been a really excellent way of eating for you. That is just so great!

I'm thinking of going whole30 in November again and then continuing afterwards without reintroduction, but I will first see what October holds :) so far my body has said "stay the hell away from cupcakes!" Not sure whether it's the gluten or the dairy in the frosting. One item reintroduction from tmrw like you did the last time, Devyn. Lunch today was pretty simple (steamed veggies with grilled chicken) and I'm stuffed. Sent with awesomeness from my iPad using Tapatalk

One item definitely helps. I'm not at all sure why they do reintroduction like that, and unlike most of the other things they have, they don't back that part up with a whole lot of data.

Devyn are you going like a few extra days/weeks or you planning on making it a perm change?

That cupcake example is why reintroduction scares me. So many things have multiple categories in them that it would be hard to identify which one is causing issues or if they all are! So please keep us all updated on how your reintroduction goes. :)

I'm going until the end of the challenge and then taking a week off. I might do it again next challenge. There has only been one challenge I've done where I haven't done Whole30.  So maybe this is my 6th time? I don't know. 

Devyn, thanks! That is really helpful. I felt like the reintroduction they suggest in the book isn't really scientific enough for me (Blaidd's cupcake experience is a perfect example of what I mean! Is it the dairy? The wheat? The sugar?). It's good to know that it took a week to really see the results for you, too. And how cool that you are going beyond 30. I can think of so many excellent reasons to do that, but what's your motivation? 

My motivation is how I feel when I'm on Whole30.  I already know what food affects me, so really my only reason for doing this is that it works. So why not do it for longer if that's what works?  I am giving myself the week in between challenges off so that I don't fall off the wagon, but I'm thinking of making it a permanent thing where I do Whole30 automatically for every challenge and then take time off for holidays and in between.