Drop it like its hot!

Hi,

I am a 29 yr old male from Newcastle, NSW, Australia (just 2 hours up the road from Sydney)

My main goal over the next 6 weeks is to get down or even lower than my lowest recorded weight, which will be 88kg. I got there after a 12 week challenge at the gym (over 12 months ago), and was not able to maintain it.

Just jumped off the scales and im 91.7kg so aiming at 0.5kg a week.

So my first goal will be to drop have a kilo a week

2nd - Eat right, i continue to make bad decisions when temptation is put in front of me.

3rd - Lift heavy, i just completed my first 150% bodyweight deadlift, i want to now put out a set of 5 reps.

Life Side Quest - Get better trained up in my profession of IT. Doing a Cisco phone course over the next few months so that should help.

Hi Ghostthruster! I hear you on the temptation front....I'm usually fine when I'm at home, as I don't allow "forbidden" foods into my house, and keep it stocked with healthy alternatives.  BUT, going out, socializing - you know, *living* - is a whole different ball game. I'm doing fine, sticking to paleo, and then !!BAM!! there's cake! WTF?!? The other night I was faced with exactly this dilemma (friends birthday - should have known), so I gave in. However, I just took a tiny sliver - about 3 bites worth - and savored every bit. As it turns out? That was enough. I didn't feel deprived, I didn't feel like the weird girl, I got to have a bit of cake - and then it was DONE. Kinda refreshing!

Good luck to you on your quest!

Level 2 Adventurer

Battlelog

STR: 3, DEX: 2, STA: 1, CON: 2, WIS: 3, CHA: 3

"Self-discipline is simply remembering what it is you really want"

Hi Ghostthruster! I hear you on the temptation front....I'm usually fine when I'm at home, as I don't allow "forbidden" foods into my house, and keep it stocked with healthy alternatives.  BUT, going out, socializing - you know, *living* - is a whole different ball game. I'm doing fine, sticking to paleo, and then !!BAM!! there's cake! WTF?!? The other night I was faced with exactly this dilemma (friends birthday - should have known), so I gave in. However, I just took a tiny sliver - about 3 bites worth - and savored every bit. As it turns out? That was enough. I didn't feel deprived, I didn't feel like the weird girl, I got to have a bit of cake - and then it was DONE. Kinda refreshing!

Good luck to you on your quest!

I know the feeling! I had the same thing happen with cheesecake last Saturday, although I wasn't as successful as you were!

I find if things are within arm reach,  I'll eat it!

Ghostthruster - how's it going? Any updates to share? :)

Well I am keeping a log here - http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/37880-ghostthruster-log-work-it/

The first week wasnt the greatest, i was away from home and only had a 20kg sand bag and 6kg medicine ball, i did 4 workouts for the whole week and didnt eat the best because I was away from home and couldnt prepare my meals like i normally would.

Week 2 is going a lot better... starting to say no the temptation a bit more... its such a mind game i hate it!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines