• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DefiantlyLiterate

#ZAP - Zombie Apocalypse Preparation (Cross Guild)

Week two was much more difficult for me than week one. Specifically in keeping up with BBWWs. I almost failed the whole week because of it. But! Did a weigh-in today, including measurements and pics, and was happily surprised with the results. I'm excited to get back on track! It helps that the 8 week class I was stressing over last week is pretty much over now too...

Also, I've not been posting as much, but am still reading most challenge threads. Keep up the good work and here's to an awesome week three for everyone! :D

No, no, no. How did this just happen?

Went out to the water cooler for a refill and discovered a trail of extremely slippery chemical drippage. With my foot. While walking. Stayed standing, but my right ankle turned and my right knee was wrenched in all sorts of wrong ways. Reported the incident and spill to the office mgr and owner. Now I hurry up and wait to see how bad the damage is.

[chucks molotov, lighting advancing horde on fire] It sounds like week 2 has been tough for everyone! [pulls fire axe out of backpack sling] We don't need to retreat from the zombies, but maybe we should regroup and advance in another direction. [fwiping sound of arrows raining down] RALLY ON ME! [chucks axe like boomerang, tearing through 4 zombies and knocking down 6 more]

Oh no! Did you go to the doc? I hope it's not a major injury. Hang in there!

Pain didn't last the night, thank goodness. Woke this morning ready to hit the pavement. :)

[chucks molotov, lighting advancing horde on fire] It sounds like week 2 has been tough for everyone! [pulls fire axe out of backpack sling] We don't need to retreat from the zombies, but maybe we should regroup and advance in another direction. [fwiping sound of arrows raining down] RALLY ON ME! [chucks axe like boomerang, tearing through 4 zombies and knocking down 6 more]

Woohoo! Let's do this! :D

Pain didn't last the night, thank goodness. Woke this morning ready to hit the pavement. :)

Woohoo! Let's do this! :D

Whew, good deal! I'm glad you're feeling better. :-)

Lead the way, I've got your back! I'll toss out some cheerbats to distract the horde. ;-)

*\o/* *\o/* *\o/*

Aight ma'am! [Runs towards Albeus, scaping the zombies of missed workouts]

Actually, it's just one missed workout, and I replaced the lifting with BW exercises. But still.... it's just not the same, doesn't feel as awesome. Might need to reconsider my allegiance to the ranger's guild :o

Actually, it's just one missed workout, and I replaced the lifting with BW exercises. But still.... it's just not the same, doesn't feel as awesome. Might need to reconsider my allegiance to the ranger's guild :o

You starting to consider Warrior?

Yep DL, that's it.

Although I miss the running (this challenge is more about developing strenght, so I'm just "on walk" for this 6 weeks). I've found out that if the workout ahead is lifting stuff I don't mind waking up at 6 am  to be able to get it done first thing in the morning :) To me that's something.

Plus, it is incredibly rewarding when you put that one extra weight disc in the bar (even if it is a 1.25 kg one, hehe)!!

I'm reconsidering Rangers too. I've only been on one hike so far this challenge, but I'm way more into yoga than I was before. I actually managed to wake up at 6am this morning *GASP* to do "Sunrise Yoga" at a local awesome studio I found.

Also really enjoy the weights too, but I'm kind of slacking this time around, and not making much progress because I'm working out twice a week instead of 3 times. It's been just enough to maintain my strength, but not enough to where I'm adding discs. (I am increasing pull-ups/chin-ups though.)

Loanna, I really envy your access to barbells. I would like to do the RSG Barbell Brigade, but I don't want to buy a set, nor do I want to spend money on a gym membership. So far weight training has been successful because I'm able to do it from home.

Ahh, yes, I'm very lucky!

Here most of the towns have a public sports center. For a very small fee everyone living (or working) in said town gains access to the facilities. In my case it's swimming pool and boulder for the minimun fee and a for a little extra I can sign for one activity. Most of the times I chose to get acess to the fitness area that is like the average gym, but they offer spinning, Aikido, Self defense, TaiChi, some other things I don't remember, waterpolo... lots of stuff.

I did consider to get a set of barbells, but got almost inmediately scared off by the prices of that kind of gear here. Plus my guess is that training at home will make a bloody mess of the wooden flooring.

I ran my first 5 k today at the CIBC Run for the Cure (A breast cancer research fundraiser). This was my first 5k since returning from Germany in August, finished in 29:57, which isn't as good as I had in Germany (27:46), but better than the start of this challenge (34:30 ish). :D

Oh lord!  A tank leading us out of this shizzle!!    Wait for me, I just got of the boat,  i'll get there fast.. in this carriage ..  with these . party trumpets behind me  :nevreness:    but i've ditched the Tapa's & wine out of the wagon, I promise  :pirate: 

I ran my first 5 k today at the CIBC Run for the Cure (A breast cancer research fundraiser). This was my first 5k since returning from Germany in August, finished in 29:57, which isn't as good as I had in Germany (27:46), but better than the start of this challenge (34:30 ish). :D

Congratulations! That is awesome! I'm running my first 5K next month. I would be very happy with 34:30...  :beguiled:

btw: did any of you gals tried to get into the woman academy ?  any spoilers  ??  I mean .. you can tell us, we're about to die before we can tell anyway ^^

I considered the women's academy, but got kind of turned off when it said it's intended for beginners. I mean, I'm no expert, but I'm not sure I classify myself as a beginner. And then there was the cost, yeah. Got too much going on financially with the LV trip, Offspring's bday, and Christmas all coming up quick.

ow, ok, i taught it was some kind of Beta-test , free of charge & all

It would be a bummer if he discarded this free forum for a new paid version :s

I did join the academy and I do like it. It's nice to have everything arranged. The plethora of videos are awesome too. They're still working on it and arranging things so eventually it will have more ways to keep you accountable, and literally see yourself LevelUp as you reach goals.

One thing I've noticed :  Once this healthy way of life starts to become a habit.  It's not that enjoyable anymore as a game.   It's just something you do..   I think I need to spice it up a bit..  maybe give myself big fat loot at a lvl-up..

One thing I've noticed :  Once this healthy way of life starts to become a habit.  It's not that enjoyable anymore as a game.   It's just something you do..   I think I need to spice it up a bit..  maybe give myself big fat loot at a lvl-up..

Yes. This is exactly it. First challenge I was posting every day. This challenge I've only posted here once or twice. I don't care as much about not meeting the initial goals I set, as long as I am continuing to pursue fitness almost daily. Also, once something is a habit it doesn't really need to be a goal here to keep it up. And as I make tons of progress in my fitness life, I'm naturally inclined to start making similar progress in the rest of my life, so I'm consider having maybe one new fitness goal and three life goals.

Yep, totally agree. 

Actually, I'm going to skip net challenge. Will keep with the habits, I just want to keep doing what I'm doing now and getting better at it. But I can't consider it a challenge.

Most probably will open a daily battle log to have data to work with, but nothing else until I finish my PhD.

Actually, I'm going to skip net challenge. Will keep with the habits, I just want to keep doing what I'm doing now and getting better at it. But I can't consider it a challenge.

Most probably will open a daily battle log to have data to work with, but nothing else until I finish my PhD.

Good plan. Don't be a stranger to the Facebook group though! I might not officially sign up for the next challenge, but I'm going to keep setting goals and associating them with attribute points and chart my progress. I'll also keep posting paleo things and progress updates to Facebook.