• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I don't think I did it right but basically pick two things and write what you want to be saying at the end of the week - like "I ate all paleo, nailed my cooking goals and was damn awesome." And then approach the goal as if you already have it won.

Good morning! Just a gentle reminder - please vote today! Use the form! Here is the form! And enjoy the rest of your weekend!

As a note, there are 8 votes and 24 points available per week. I will only vote at the end of the challenge if there is a tie between people. If people aren't voting I will be sad. Real sad. Grandma style guilt trip sad. 

Good morning! How is everyone? I've had least one person ask to sit out the voting part of this challenge due to life being all PAY ATTENTION TO ME, I NEED YOU. Are others feeling sort of the same way? I just thought i would check and see. Maybe we just worry about a team vote at the very end of the challenge? I'm entirely fine with whatever works - I just want to reward you so badly for being amazing! 

Week two! What's on your minds folks?

Gah! Can't quote >< 

Ani, wrt your question about voting at the end! I'm indifferent, so long as I can vote Monday morning because my weekends tend to get away on me :)

Monday is fine with me :D

Gah! Can't quote >< 

Ani, wrt your question about voting at the end! I'm indifferent, so long as I can vote Monday morning because my weekends tend to get away on me :)

^^ This. I'm just not on a decent computer on the weekends and I take my voting seriously.

Hi all!

Hooray, week two!

I think my life quest is going to end very quickly, because I'm submitting my paper today!!! HOORAY!!!! So I give myself an A for the rest of the weeks, haha. of course, if it comes back with revisions (Haha, did I say *if*? I definitely meant *when*) I'll get back to work on it.

So, Fri-Sun generally kind of stink for me paying any attention to the internet and stuff, so you may not hear from me much over the weekends. And I have to tell you all about my doc appointment on Friday. It turns out the symptoms I've been having that other docs thought were due to my disc herniation were NOT due to the herniation!! This is so crazy. I've had these symptoms for years, and the doctors have always been like "Oh, that's really high in your back for a herniation to be causing numbness and shooting pains in just your right leg" and then just shrugged it off. Until this doctor, who sent me to her colleague who was a DO, who spent five minutes talking to me, said "That doesn't make sense" and then proceeded to show me that I had a problem with my sacroiliac (hip) joint on the right side that was causing muscle weakness. This is the crazy part though - HE FIXED IT. He just adjusted the joint and was all "Ok, you're fixed, have a nice day" and I was all "bu...wha...um...SERIOUSLY!?" He said it could recur, but the adjustment he did might actually have solved it. YEARS FOLKS. I'm still waiting to see if it's actually fixed, but still, at least he KNEW what was going on. I want his babies. After Sken's. Or whatever. ;)

Oh, and he okayed any exercise except for things like (in his words): "stupid stuff like reverse sit-ups... no one should be doing that." Haha. Basically anything that bends the spine without moving the hips as well is verboten.

FAITH IN MEDICINE RESTORED 

So yeah, that was my exciting moment this month/year/decade. Anyone else have any crazy awesome happen this weekend?

Oktoberfest is a hardcore workout..oh man when I wasn't deadlifting the beer, I was basically the bitch for the beer garden, and on trash. Ugh so tired. I have bruises on my left leg from the beer cases, I also spent a good amount of time hauling empty bottles down to the recycle bin which was down two flights of stairs, bent over the beer tubs restocking grabbing beers while down there, and helping when the line got too long. Normally they have at least two runners, but I was the only runner because the other runner was no a offense to anyone, but he was a lazy fat fuck. He made me SO mad, he complained SO much that the owners put him on parking so that made me the only runner. I nearly cried the first day. Hopefully this weekend will be better, though I did love the weather yesterday it was foggy and kinda rainy all day. 

With that said, happy monday everyone!

Bluetta, I am with you 100% on doctors that are good! Just club him over the head and drag him home to your (wo)man cave and chain him up ;D I'm so happy he helped you!!!

Fai! That sounds like shit. Great exercise but total bs that the other runner isn't there to support you! Just remember to take a breath for yourself now and again and if anyone complains just tell them you need another runner! But on the bright side, next time can only be more fun because you worked your body out last weekend you've had the week to recover so you'll be in better shape for it ;) 

Mrh.  Physical stuff is going relatively well, keeping up with Blue anyway ;).

Decent job to apply to came up today, and I made that happen.  Something about applying to a school district makes you feel like you must be some terrible person, y'know?  Like if anything was inaccurate, not only wouldn't I be hired but they'd contact my friends and family to have them chastise me.  *eyeroll*

So, mission accomplished for today.  Thanks for the motivation, peeps. :D

P.S. Any hotties rockin the lederhosen? Do you get to wear a drindle? 

There were a TON of hotties just none in lederhosen, and I have to wear jeans and they give me a button up shirt to wear. Kinda lame 

There were a TON of hotties just none in lederhosen, and I have to wear jeans and they give me a button up shirt to wear. Kinda lame 

Bastards. 

ALSO! GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! 

I skipped my cardio today so I could get into work really early and thus get out really early so I can write since I hate the 1/3 of my first draft now. THANKS CHARACTERS. I also submitted a short story to magazine that I really like. I'll be over here crossing my fingers for... like 6 months? :D

Also- one quick reminder on voting - no votes for me, please. 

Emo has also gracefully asked to withdraw from the voting process in order to keep her focus narrowed on the 8 million life things she has going on. However, y'all (understandably) love her - so I'ma vote in her place if no one minds so it's still evened out and you guys can vote for her as you see fit. Please let me know if that would bother anyone.

Bluetta- that is totally, over-the-top amazing that the doctor fixed your issue! Always get a second opinion if you don't feel comfortable with the first, because you know your body much better than any doctor that only sees you a few minutes at a time. It's great that he cleared you for normal exercise as well!

Fai- good for you for still working your best even when you got abandoned. I hate when you get penalized for someone else not doing their job, it totally blows! Great job on doing so much and great workout!

Ani- I'm cool with whatever on the voting front. 

Also, does anyone know how to fix my signature, or is it a glitch with the whole system that will be fixed? (Just in case no one else is having the same problem, the whole main part of my signature is suddenly showing the full html. I'm also seeing it on Fai's but not anyone else's.)

Also, does anyone know how to fix my signature, or is it a glitch with the whole system that will be fixed? (Just in case no one else is having the same problem, the whole main part of my signature is suddenly showing the full html. I'm also seeing it on Fai's but not anyone else's.)

I had to redo it - same issue. I think the forum editor was borked.

I haven't been a good accountibilibuddy so you've got nothin on me Swth :)

I hate when you workout because you're pissed, and when you get done you're still pissed about the stuff that was making you that way in the first place. Seriously, just completely..pissed right now.