Main Quest

Attain 12% body fat once.

Starting Stats:

Weight: 81.4kg

Body fat: 19%

Goal 1: Feed the beast the good stuff....and know it  [WIS 2, CON 1]

I need to experiment with calories and macros to get to a level where I can continue to lift well but not put on too much fat. It's been creeping up recently.

I'm terrible at tracking food and calories, I just don't do it and don't enjoy it but I need to suck it up and get on with it if I want to achieve my main quest.

- Track all food.

- Eat 80% Paleo

- Aim for 2500 cals a day (169g Protein, 206g Carbs, 111g Fat)

- Aim for minimum 1800 cal a week worth of exercise. (3 lifting sessions with accessories and 3 walks should easily achieve this)

Goal 2: Prepare for Hawaii [CON 2, STR 2]

I'm going to Hawaii in December (OMG!), I want to be able to feel strong and confident in the water.

- Swim once a week

- Surf once a fortnight

Goal 3: The elephant in the room [CON 2, WIS 2]

I drink more alcohol than I should and it makes me fat. I've tried to tame this in various ways almost every challenge so far, the only thing that has worked has not been drinking at all. Last challenge I went 6 weeks without alcohol, during the rest week I've had it most days. Time to try another approach.

- No more than 5 units of alcohol in any one day.

- At least two alcohol-free days a week.

100ml wine = 1 unit

1 bottle full strength beer = 1.5 units

1 bottle light beer = 1 unit

Fitness Side quest: [DEX 4]

Mobilize 4 times a week for 15 mins.

- Create a mobilization routine to follow

- Follow it

1RM PR's.

Back Squat: 90kg

Clean: 65kg

Strict OHP: 50kg

Strict Chinups: 10

Strict Pullups: 8

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Subbed! 

I like the way you're handling your alcohol - I know you went fully booze free last time around, and keeping it under control like you've planned seems like a great way to have what you enjoy, but keep an eye on it too. 

And wooot! Hawaii!! 

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Subbed! 

I like the way you're handling your alcohol - I know you went fully booze free last time around, and keeping it under control like you've planned seems like a great way to have what you enjoy, but keep an eye on it too. 

And wooot! Hawaii!! 

We'll see, I'm not confident but I'm going to do my best. Can't wait for Hawaii :)

Yeah love the surfing goal! I will definitely have to give it a go soon. That's the thing to do in Oz right? :)

Yes, do it! It's hard but you'll have fun :)

I gotta follow to see how the alcohol thing goes. Last challenge I gave up beer and only had a few drinks in the six weeks. This challenge I have no alcohol related goals and I'm just now realizing that maybe I should. Good luck!

Thanks, I have one secret weapon, 100% alcohol free beer that actually tastes ok. If I get really desperate for a coldie on a hot day I can go one of those, hate to spend empty calories though.

Official start date for the challenge is tomorrow, all sugary stuff will be devoured or destroyed tonight. My wife made beef wellington for lunch, yummo! I have a VERY nice home made chicken curry for dinner (I made it), hopefully it won't make me chuff in my PT session tomorrow :lol:

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Dom, I just know you're gonna crack this challenge!!  i also think that the alcohol thing will self-correct itself at some point too.  You won't want it as much as you develop even (more) better eating habits (cos you already have some great ones) and you won't need to keep reminding yourself every challenge. Just give it some time :)

Woooo for us travellers :)  I go back to swimming at the start of November and honestly I''m excited.

Good luck buddy!

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Dom, I just know you're gonna crack this challenge!!  i also think that the alcohol thing will self-correct itself at some point too.  You won't want it as much as you develop even (more) better eating habits (cos you already have some great ones) and you won't need to keep reminding yourself every challenge. Just give it some time :)

Woooo for us travellers :)  I go back to swimming at the start of November and honestly I''m excited.

Good luck buddy!

Thanks, glad to have you here  :positive:  It's good to be reminded, I am still only drinking 1 cup of tea a day and no soda so those things have stuck for 9 months now and I don't eat take away food anymore either :)

I'm hanging out on Kauai right now. Which island(s) are you going to? Been to Hawaii before?

I'm going to Kauai too :) Are you on holiday or you live there? Any tips on what I shouldn't miss there?

I'll also be staying a few nights in Waikiki, my wife wants to go to the outlets and I want to surf there. I have been once before a few years back and really loved it. Cheesey as all hell but I don't care it really feels like a holiday when you are drinking from a plastic pineapple in a restaurant called Cheeseburgers in Paradise :lol:

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

You don't have to go to Hawaii to drink at Cheeseburgers in Paradise (which I've found to have sub standard burgers...think you're supposed to drink enough to not notice)

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

You don't have to go to Hawaii to drink at Cheeseburgers in Paradise (which I've found to have sub standard burgers...think you're supposed to drink enough to not notice)

Oh it's a chain, you've burst my bubble  :numbness:  I do agree though burgers were a little sub standard, it was the plastic pineapple that made it.

We had dinner at Nobu as well last time, that was fantastic.

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Yey Dom's back! Good on you for nailing down the things you really need to work on into your goals and not shying away - inspiring stuff as always my man!

Level 11 Human Ranger

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."

"Once a person is determined to help themselves, there is nothing that can stop them."

CURRENT CHALLENGE   1 2 3  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   DAILY BATTLE LOG     MOTIVATION

(Inventory: Fire Flower)

Winner of Adventurer Guild Challenge #26

I'm going to Kauai too :) Are you on holiday or you live there? Any tips on what I shouldn't miss there?

I'll also be staying a few nights in Waikiki, my wife wants to go to the outlets and I want to surf there.

I travel to Kauai, for 8 weeks or so a year for work. Also, I just had a 3 day layover in Waikiki. Stayed at the Hilton Hawaii Village (definitely recommend).

In Kauai, I mostly like to go hiking. My favorite trails are the Kalalau and the Alakai Swamp. The Shrimp Station in Waimea is delicious (way better than the Kapaa one). Kalapaki Joe's has 25 cent wings and $2 beers during happy hour. Best deal on the island by far. They also have the best beer selection. But for a good microbrew, the only place to go is Kauai Island Brewery.

I hope you have fun!

Yey Dom's back! Good on you for nailing down the things you really need to work on into your goals and not shying away - inspiring stuff as always my man!

*waves* Hey Ems, I was looking out for your thread....I'll have another looksie and see if you've posted up yet, can't wait to see what you're up to this time :positive:

Subbed!

Hawaii sounds awesome and your goals look great. :)

Thanks, another challenge underway, this is going to be a fun one :)

I travel to Kauai, for 8 weeks or so a year for work. Also, I just had a 3 day layover in Waikiki. Stayed at the Hilton Hawaii Village (definitely recommend).

In Kauai, I mostly like to go hiking. My favorite trails are the Kalalau and the Alakai Swamp. The Shrimp Station in Waimea is delicious (way better than the Kapaa one). Kalapaki Joe's has 25 cent wings and $2 beers during happy hour. Best deal on the island by far. They also have the best beer selection. But for a good microbrew, the only place to go is Kauai Island Brewery.

I hope you have fun!

8 weeks in Kauai for work a year, lucky you! In Waikiki we're staying at one of the hotels bang on the beach, very expensive but it's only for a few nights and I wanted to get straight out into the surf. On Kauai we have rented a house with our friends, it was pricey as well but looks really nice.

Thanks for the recommendations, great to hear from someone that has been there. The friends we are going with love their hiking so I think we will be doing at least one or two good hikes. The microbrewery looks great, will definitely have to try that ;)

I've really done no research on it at all, I just said yes because I wanted to see my friend and do some surfing. Now I'm looking at the scenery on the sites you linked, it looks amazing, I'm so excited :D

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Challenge is off to a good start :positive:

PT today:

Coach has double booked by accident so I did a double workout with another guy, first time I've done that, it was good to lift with someone that is 5 or 6 months ahead of me.

This workout was my first ever crossfit WOD! I don't do crossfit but I train at a crossfit box and as I was doubling with the other guy we did the WOD on the board, it was a lifting workout so it fitted in with my program nicely anyway.

Complex:

Clean shrug

Power Clean

Front Squat

Jerk (I did a sort of push Jerk as I've never done Jerk's before)

Back Squat

Jerk (I did a sort of push Jerk as I've never done Jerk's before)

5 min AMRAP:

Clean and Jerk (Full clean with front squat this time, then I did push jerk again)

I did the complex at 60kg.

I got 28 reps of 50kg in the AMRAP.

Quite pleased with that, the AMRAP was quite an aerobic workout, coach expected me to struggle as I don't do much aerobic exercise but it went ok. I took some 15-20 sec rests here and there during the 5 mins.

Nutrition:

Breakfast: shake with 10 cherries, 40g whey (180 cals). small banana (100 cals)

Brunch: 380g steak (654 cals), 2 lime/chilli/crocodile sausages approx 200g. ((300 cals)

Lunch: 2 thick slices Roast Pork, broccoli,carrots,peas (450 cals approx)

Snack: tuna & crackers (200 cals approx)

Dinner: Chicken curry. Approx 200g chicken with 125g white rice (approx 600 cals), pear (71 cals)

Drinks: 3 bottles beer (459 cals)

Total: 3014

Without the beer I would of been at 2555 cals....as I thought, this is where the extra weight comes from. Liquid cals are soooo bad.

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

So I may have just squealed a little when I read you did the WOD today!!! It was a Nik WOD... Turns out it's also a Dom WOD!!! Yaaaay!

Heh heh, it was actually really fun :) I'm glad I didn't know the results get put on the board for all to see until after I finished though!

Subbed to follow the awesomeness that will occur :)

Hey mate, good to see you're back, I'll be checking out your thread shortly ;)

I've woken up this morning feeling terrible :( I'm full of cold, sinuses are blocked up and got a nasty headache.

waaaaah man flu has stricken me down

First time I've been sick this year, hopefully it won't last very long, I want to lift tomorrow,

Breakfast: 3 egg omelet with a bit of cheddar cheese (200 cals) banana

Snack: Ice cream 200g (only cos I'm sick)

Lunch: Sweet potato 385g, steak 260g, broccoli, asparagus

Snack: 2 thin slices roast beef

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

aw no :(  that's no good.

I hope you're ok real soon.  If you keep feeding your body though, you'll recover quite quickly.  Actually i've found since changing my eating habits and my exercise habits, that i heal way way quicker than before!  It feels good to be good ;)

hugs x

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Poor little fella, ran through some lantana did ya? 

Haha, welcome to another challenge, hope you had a good time at the meet up mate. 

lol. Yeah the meetup was good, great pizza's at the Aussie. Turns out we're all North so maybe somewhere on the North side next time. What part of Syd are you in?

aw no :(  that's no good.

I hope you're ok real soon.  If you keep feeding your body though, you'll recover quite quickly.  Actually i've found since changing my eating habits and my exercise habits, that i heal way way quicker than before!  It feels good to be good ;)

hugs x

Thanks AB, I'm still eating but I feel wiped out, sure it will pass in a few days. No way I can lift or do anything strenuous though so taking a few days rest.

Hope the man cold passes soon! 

Thanks Jo, it's definitely way harder on us men :lol:

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I've used My Fitness Pal, it's not bad after the initial aggravation of figuring out what food item from their database best lines up with what you're actually eating.

You tackling that cold with any vitamins & such? I start taking Vitamin C supplements along with garlic & echinacea[sp?] pills at the first hint of illness.

Just a guy on a journey - Battle Log

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Be honest with yourself and ethically pursue your happiness - Laz

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines