Tateman Round 3: Ready to Form Voltron!

Tateman

Here is the Google spreadsheet I made for my workouts

I'll have Sunday as recovery day except for I will still go walking.

Got my kettlebell today, so I was able to get all my workout done while fasted today.  I actually did a 19 hour fast.  I did the ChiChi Fitness beginner workout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2waVex8EUfc

Just one session in today since I am just starting out, and I did all my other things today.  Started my daily post in my Battle log with numbers from my exercise routine.

Just have to figure out what I want for my other meal before bowling tonight, then get a walk in after I put my kid to bed.

Rockin' Tateman! I like your spreadsheet for your workouts, I might incorporate/steal your format, so I can actually track sets. 

How did you feel with the fast?

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Actually felt ok.  I was in bed a little late this morning since I went to bed so late.  Otherwise it was ok.  I had a slight hunger feeling when I fed some breakfast to my son.  My workout was ok, I had water with me.  I didn't feel too tired out or anything I don't think.  I was going to eat before my workout just because I wasn't sure how long it would take to make some food afterwards.  I had plenty of quick and easy stuff around though.

I'll probably try to figure things out a little better for tomorrow.

And by all means steal my spreadsheet :)

I played with it a little bit last challenge towards the end.  In reality, it is pretty close to what I normally do.  If I had eaten before 6, I usually don't get up and moving around till 9am.  They key is for me to make sure I eat before 6.  That way I eat before bowling or anything else.  If I have later nights, it just means I have to go longer during the day before I can eat.  So I'd like to keep that to a minimum.

I have a problem tonight.  Going to take my son to the midnight release for the new GTA game.  So I won't get a extra walk in today.  I'll get some steps, just not what I want.  Also this will delay my reading.  I figured I will just read when I get home, then go to bed.  it will be later, but I'll still get it in.

Fasting is something I'll be trying, but no chance in hell am I trying it in combo with whole 30. 

Once you have it down, it's pretty awesome :)

I do the combo, but then again I've also been doing IF for almost 6 months so it's a little easier for me.  I must say that it makes Whole30 easier too, one less meal to think about :)

I have a problem tonight.  Going to take my son to the midnight release for the new GTA game.  So I won't get a extra walk in today.  I'll get some steps, just not what I want.  Also this will delay my reading.  I figured I will just read when I get home, then go to bed.  it will be later, but I'll still get it in.

I honestly think spending time with your son is just a midge more important today :)  Also tell me how the game is.  Jay desperately wants it, but refuses to get it for our Xbox - it will apparently ruin the game for him - so he is (not so) patiently waiting for them to release a PC version.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Sounds like you're prioritizing and adapting pretty well while not sacrificing too much from your goals.  I agree with Blaidd family bonding time is important.

Half/Ogre, Ranger Level 0

STR: 0, Dex: 0, STA: 0, Con: 0, WIS: 0, CHA: 0

I agree with Blaidd, spending time with family trumps goals in the immediate.  You can always make it up later, that time with your son won't always be there. <brofist>

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Love the exercise sheet Tate. I'm curious what you plan to do if you do any exercises not featured on it?

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

I honestly think spending time with your son is just a midge more important today :)  Also tell me how the game is.  Jay desperately wants it, but refuses to get it for our Xbox - it will apparently ruin the game for him - so he is (not so) patiently waiting for them to release a PC version.

Sounds like you're prioritizing and adapting pretty well while not sacrificing too much from your goals.  I agree with Blaidd family bonding time is important.

I agree with Blaidd, spending time with family trumps goals in the immediate.  You can always make it up later, that time with your son won't always be there. <brofist>

Yeah, I figured family time more important :)  So we went last night, and there was a ton of people there.  So my son decided we can just come back in the morning.  I still came home and read before going to bed.  I was just late. :)  I'll find out later today from my son if it is worth all the hype.

Love the exercise sheet Tate. I'm curious what you plan to do if you do any exercises not featured on it?

I can always edit it later if I want to add in more.  The Rebel fitness guides I was using before, I just printed the spreadsheets out and hand wrote extra exercises down at the bottom.  So any extra mini challenges I was doing I just had wrote on the workout sheet for that week.

Tateman, I love the motivation you made for your computer! What a cool way to track and celebrate your progress. 

Once again, great goals! You've inspired me to do the Whole 30 this time around :) Glad to see you're still sticking with it! 

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

STR 12 | DEX 2 | STA 9 | CON 13.5 | WIS 7.25 | CHA 8.75

challenge 1 | challenge 2 | challenge 3 | challenge 4 current challenge 

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

Mary Oliver

You cant help but smile when you see Voltron. Love the goals good luck. 

Indeed :)  I love Voltron, and so does my 2 year old :D

Tateman, I love the motivation you made for your computer! What a cool way to track and celebrate your progress. 

Once again, great goals! You've inspired me to do the Whole 30 this time around :) Glad to see you're still sticking with it! 

Sweet!  I know you will rock it pretty easy I bet!  I'll come visit your challenge thread soon.  Got to run tonight.

Quick update, got my stuff done today, just running later then I want.  Updated my battle log, will have to update more here later.  Need to get off to do some reading before bed. :)

Hey!

Your goals look great especially the reading one! I just finished the first game of thrones book and it's so good! The trouble is each chapter always ends at such an exciting point that you always want to read straight on.

Good luck with the challenge!

Level 4 Ranger

[sTR] 5 [DEX] 5 [sTA] 7 [CON] 8.5 [WIS] 10 [CHA] 8

Current Challenge

Previous challengesFirst challengeSecond Challenge,Third ChallengeFourth Challenge

"Don't waste time on jealousy because sometimes you are ahead and sometimes you are behind, but in the end the

race is long and it's only ever with yourself"

Hey!

Your goals look great especially the reading one! I just finished the first game of thrones book and it's so good! The trouble is each chapter always ends at such an exciting point that you always want to read straight on.

IE: Why I read the second one in 24 hours non-stop... oof.

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

Hey!

Thanks.  So far so good with the reading.  Starting Catelyn chapter tonight.  I notice the more I am reading the more I am letting my imagination start up.  I can start seeing more and more of the character and environment in my head.  I only hope once I am done with all the books, the tv show will be good :)

IE: Why I read the second one in 24 hours non-stop... oof.

While I was walking last night, I was already starting to think up a way that I could just curl up someplace and do a lot of reading without distractions :)

I really like the way you've built on your last challenge.  Since my motto is pretty much "if it doesn't move, read it", I love your reading goal. 

Thanks.  I've been wanting to do some reading for awhile.  I'm just glad I finally got it started.  Opening back up to books is a good thing ;)  I wonder if I would enjoy audio books as well.  I know a few people that love them.

Goodness that takes so much willpower. When I start a book I CANNOT stop reading until its finished. I forgo all other obligations. I lose my outward personality because most of my mental power is still focused on that fictional world. After I finish my mood is altered for DAYS afterward. To just read for 30 minutes seems otherworldly to me...

"I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul" -WEH

• Current Challenge: The 6 Labors
  • Level 5 Amazon Assassin

Well, it helps for me to do it at night when I am already feeling tired.  Though last night I pushed past 30 minutes a little so I could at least finish out the chapter.  And the next ;)  My main goal is just making sure I have 30 minutes to read.  I am ok going over that.  I don't want to go too far over, but anything is possible.

I know that people use audio books when they do lots of cardio work.  I guess it can break up the monotony of the regular workout music routine.

I used to listen to the World War Z audio book during my workout. Zombinspiration!

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

I know that people use audio books when they do lots of cardio work.  I guess it can break up the monotony of the regular workout music routine.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking along those lines, or even when I am doing my workouts

I used to listen to the World War Z audio book during my workout. Zombinspiration!

:)

So tonight's dinner will be a little different.  My wife wants Togo's.  I wouldn't mind a sandwich myself, but I know this coming weekend I am going to be challenged with food choices.  

So I am going to get my favorite #9 Hot Pastrami sandwich.  When I get it home I'll remove it from it's demon bread housing, and toss it all on some lettuce to make it into a big salad :)  So this should make it pretty close to whole 30 still.  The only thing is I am betting there is sugar in the meat when it was prepared.  I am unsure though.  I think I am still ok eating wise for how I am wanting to eat.  I may have to do this a bit this weekend too.  I already know I am going to allow myself 2 pieces of Godfather's pizza this weekend.  Combo so at least it still has some veggies on it ;)  It will be my first bread like product since starting whole 30.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines