Tateman Round 3: Ready to Form Voltron!

Tateman

I have a problem tonight.  Going to take my son to the midnight release for the new GTA game.  So I won't get a extra walk in today.  I'll get some steps, just not what I want.  Also this will delay my reading.  I figured I will just read when I get home, then go to bed.  it will be later, but I'll still get it in.

It's too late now, but you might have been able to just get your steps in pacing near where your son was waiting in the line?

Yeah, I was kind of thinking along those lines, or even when I am doing my workouts

:)

So tonight's dinner will be a little different.  My wife wants Togo's.  I wouldn't mind a sandwich myself, but I know this coming weekend I am going to be challenged with food choices.  

So I am going to get my favorite #9 Hot Pastrami sandwich.  When I get it home I'll remove it from it's demon bread housing, and toss it all on some lettuce to make it into a big salad :)  So this should make it pretty close to whole 30 still.  The only thing is I am betting there is sugar in the meat when it was prepared.  I am unsure though.  I think I am still ok eating wise for how I am wanting to eat.  I may have to do this a bit this weekend too.  I already know I am going to allow myself 2 pieces of Godfather's pizza this weekend.  Combo so at least it still has some veggies on it ;)  It will be my first bread like product since starting whole 30.

Great Idea about the salad with the sandwich innards! I hope it was good :)

mmmm pizza! Enjoy it!

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid Ambassador :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

i think the scariest thing for me when i am done with Whole30 is my body's reaction to gluten products - i already know that gluten is something i struggle with.  Good luck with the weekend - have fun, that's all that matters :) You've clearly learnt a ton already.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

It might be my personal preference. But i'd say toss that stuff on some spinach instead of lettuce. You'll get tons more out of the spinach than you ever will from lettuce, and it's a lot less boring. Plus fresh uncooked spinach doesn't tend to be as bitter as it is when you eat it cooked (or from a can).

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

One thing I hate / love about your thread: off nerd fitness for a day, miss like two pages from Tatenans thread!!

Clearly there's a lot of love out there for you.

Family time is way more important. Especially when it's for the game release of the year!

Glad you're intermittent fasting is going well, not to sure I could do it but seriously admire those who can!

Sent from my ST25i using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

It's too late now, but you might have been able to just get your steps in pacing near where your son was waiting in the line?

Great Idea about the salad with the sandwich innards! I hope it was good :)

mmmm pizza! Enjoy it!

Luckily it isn't mandatory for me to get extra walking in, I am just trying to do it.  It looks like my wife messed up her knee and might not be able to make the trip with me to Reno this weekend.  So I changed my reservation to just one night.  I should be able to eat here at home before I go, then I'll have my pizza and maybe salad or something for dinner.  Then next day I plan on going to the buffet at Circus Circus to get eggs and such.  Then I just need to worry about eating somethign on the way home from bowling Sunday night.  I was thinking of making a trail mix to snack on in the car.  I bought meat to make beef jerky.  I might be able to make some really quick for the weekend too.

i think the scariest thing for me when i am done with Whole30 is my body's reaction to gluten products - i already know that gluten is something i struggle with.  Good luck with the weekend - have fun, that's all that matters :) You've clearly learnt a ton already.

Thanks.  I will be curious if I have any reaction.  I had made some popcorn before this challenge to see if I have any reaction from that.  I didn't that I saw, so I was thinking I might start eating corn again.  I still want to make sure to stay away from sugar all that I can.  

It might be my personal preference. But i'd say toss that stuff on some spinach instead of lettuce. You'll get tons more out of the spinach than you ever will from lettuce, and it's a lot less boring. Plus fresh uncooked spinach doesn't tend to be as bitter as it is when you eat it cooked (or from a can).

I actually forgot how much stuff Togo's puts in their sandwich.  I really didn't need extras.  I might have to grab some spinach to add in too.

One thing I hate / love about your thread: off nerd fitness for a day, miss like two pages from Tatenans thread!!

Clearly there's a lot of love out there for you.

Family time is way more important. Especially when it's for the game release of the year!

Glad you're intermittent fasting is going well, not to sure I could do it but seriously admire those who can!

Sent from my ST25i using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

:)  I am glad to have everyone involved here.  So far so good with the IF.  I had a little bit of stomach growling last night, but nothing too serious.  I don't seem to be out any extra energy in my workouts I don't think.

Last night I had to run to the store so I kind of counted that as a little extra walking.  And then I read for 2 hours haha.  I saw I was past my 30 minutes of reading, but just kept saying "Ok, one more chapter."  Then figured at 1:30am I needed to get to sleep.

Love to see that the IF and reading are both going well! It helps when the book is a great read :) Keep it up!

Hope your wife's knee is feeling better. Sounds like you have done a great job planning for the weekend. Enjoy Reno!

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

STR 12 | DEX 2 | STA 9 | CON 13.5 | WIS 7.25 | CHA 8.75

challenge 1 | challenge 2 | challenge 3 | challenge 4 current challenge 

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

Mary Oliver

The only lettuce that exists in my house is romaine, and it's so my girlfriend can make wraps out of the larger leaves. hahaha

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

Love to see that the IF and reading are both going well! It helps when the book is a great read :) Keep it up!

Hope your wife's knee is feeling better. Sounds like you have done a great job planning for the weekend. Enjoy Reno!

I plan on having a decent time :)  Even if I sit in the room and just read I'll enjoy it.  I actually hope I might go out and take a few pictures if I get the chance.  We'll see.

"demon bread housing,"   I lol'd. 

I totally would have added spinach as well.  Lettuce for me is only really good if I'm making a big BLT.  99% of the time I use spinach instead of lettuce. 

The only lettuce that exists in my house is romaine, and it's so my girlfriend can make wraps out of the larger leaves. hahaha

It's weird I have always liked ice berg lettuce over all of them.  Romaine is good too though.  I do like a little mix.  I think the problem I have is a lot of the other types of salad remind me too much of the bushes I hated when I was a kid.  So I usually say "oh a weeds salad". :)  Still, I should probably start mixing it up a bit.  

Been getting in my workouts pretty good so far.  I really do prefer them in the morning so the rest of the day I don't have to worry about fitting it in.

That little girl is awesome.  I was looking up how to make one because I think my 2 year old would fall in love and never want to take it off.  Hell, maybe I'll make one for me ;) haha.

Today has been decent.  19 1/2 hour fast today.  had a big meal after my workout to break the fast.  Then a smaller meal before bowling.  I did ok at bowling.  It was a little rough tonight.  I actually am a little hungry now, but it's from being around some good smells.  Someone had some fries, and some other fried good smelling food.  I felt like I wanted to dive into somethign at the bowling alley.  Then when I got home, my wife had just made some popcorn so that smell was around.  I really felt like popping some to eat.  But I didn't.

I did prepare some meat to try to make a beef jerky tomorrow.  Pretty much following this http://www.againstallgrain.com/2013/01/07/smoky-beef-jerky/

I'd like it to marinate for a day, but I want to get it ready to take with me to Reno.  It'll have a good 12 hours or more marinate time.

Going to go read soon.  I plan on washing the car tomorrow.  Probably workout beforehand.  Then I might run to the store to pick up some nuts and things to make my trail mix.  I normally would just get one already made, but peanuts are in most of them.  Also some have candies like m&ms or chocolate/caramel chunks.

i make biltong (which is pretty much jerky) once a week and i only marinade for 3 hours.  Good luck.  I hope it comes out great :)

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

Good luck in Reno (Bowling and diet-wise).  Let me know how you coped with staying whole 30/paleo.  I just found out I have to attend a training seminar in Dallas for the last week of this challenge.  So I'm looking to shamelessly steal any ideas you have for surviving it.  

Half/Ogre, Ranger Level 0

STR: 0, Dex: 0, STA: 0, Con: 0, WIS: 0, CHA: 0

mmm... Jerky. Awesome that you're making some at home, makes me ponder doing the same. I know there's some bacon jerky available commercially (though it's proven bit disappointing) I wonder how easy it would be to do that. Be sure to let us know how it turns out.

I can't really comment on the popcorn aspect...I've never liked it, and to be honest I don't think most people do...they just love the melted butter that they slather over it but are unwilling to really admit that to themselves (I tend to think that about a lot of foods out there that I see people unwilling to eat without additions.) Good on you for avoiding it though! The fries though...those would probably drive me nuts.

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

Good luck in Reno (Bowling and diet-wise).  Let me know how you coped with staying whole 30/paleo.  I just found out I have to attend a training seminar in Dallas for the last week of this challenge.  So I'm looking to shamelessly steal any ideas you have for surviving it.  

Since bigm141414 lives in Dallas, you should hit him up for some suggestions around the area.  I'm north of Dallas, so I'm not too much help on the food scene down there.

Current Challenge: BlamedCat's Rebirth: From Porkins to Poe     Tracking via spreadsheet

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

Loving the little girl pic. Awesome!

And great work not giving in to all the good smells of junk food. The feeling of doing the right thing and not having any is sometimes better than eating the actual food I find. Especially if if you give in and get chips on your way past from a place you havent been before but they turn out to be not very nice, then you have the guilt of eating them and none of the fun. Best to plan ahead and make sure it's a treat you really enjoy.

Level 4 Ranger

[sTR] 5 [DEX] 5 [sTA] 7 [CON] 8.5 [WIS] 10 [CHA] 8

Current Challenge

Previous challengesFirst challengeSecond Challenge,Third ChallengeFourth Challenge

"Don't waste time on jealousy because sometimes you are ahead and sometimes you are behind, but in the end the

race is long and it's only ever with yourself"

Demon bread housing amazing! I totally ate toast this morning and I know I will pay for it later! 

Hope you have a great time in Reno, bowl your face off and enjoy your pizza!

Thanks, I hope I do well on all fronts :)

i make biltong (which is pretty much jerky) once a week and i only marinade for 3 hours.  Good luck.  I hope it comes out great :)

I have been checking out some recipes in thinking I might try to make some as well.  I just wouldn't know if I was doing it right :)

Will do.  Besides the pizza, I was starting to think it might not be so bad for me this weekend.  Buffet I can probably pick and choose a few things.  Have salads etc.  I am still thinking of making a dressing to take with me for any salads I get.  Maybe even some salsa.  There is also places like subway where I can just get the sandwich in salad form.  If I had a suite type hotel room, it would be easier to keep food that I can cook.

mmm... Jerky. Awesome that you're making some at home, makes me ponder doing the same. I know there's some bacon jerky available commercially (though it's proven bit disappointing) I wonder how easy it would be to do that. Be sure to let us know how it turns out.

I can't really comment on the popcorn aspect...I've never liked it, and to be honest I don't think most people do...they just love the melted butter that they slather over it but are unwilling to really admit that to themselves (I tend to think that about a lot of foods out there that I see people unwilling to eat without additions.) Good on you for avoiding it though! The fries though...those would probably drive me nuts.

Yeah, I haven't been impressed with bacon jerky I have tried.  I can imagine it could be better made at home.  This is the first item I am trying to make jerky.  Popcorn I use to make in my machine with canola oil.  Never needed butter.  Just added salt and good to go.  The popcorn I made during the break I tried using coconut oil, and it turned out fine.  Of course I use to love my popcorn with butter too, but I find it pretty decent with just some kind of oil.  Air popped popcorn I don't like that much.

Loving the little girl pic. Awesome!

And great work not giving in to all the good smells of junk food. The feeling of doing the right thing and not having any is sometimes better than eating the actual food I find. Especially if if you give in and get chips on your way past from a place you havent been before but they turn out to be not very nice, then you have the guilt of eating them and none of the fun. Best to plan ahead and make sure it's a treat you really enjoy.

Yup, that is my thinking on the pizza.  I plan on truly just enjoying it.  I'll eat it nice and slow savoring each bite :)

That little girl is awesome.  I was looking up how to make one because I think my 2 year old would fall in love and never want to take it off.  Hell, maybe I'll make one for me ;) haha.

Today has been decent.  19 1/2 hour fast today.  had a big meal after my workout to break the fast.  Then a smaller meal before bowling.  I did ok at bowling.  It was a little rough tonight.  I actually am a little hungry now, but it's from being around some good smells.  Someone had some fries, and some other fried good smelling food.  I felt like I wanted to dive into somethign at the bowling alley.  Then when I got home, my wife had just made some popcorn so that smell was around.  I really felt like popping some to eat.  But I didn't.

I did prepare some meat to try to make a beef jerky tomorrow.  Pretty much following this http://www.againstallgrain.com/2013/01/07/smoky-beef-jerky/

I'd like it to marinate for a day, but I want to get it ready to take with me to Reno.  It'll have a good 12 hours or more marinate time.

Going to go read soon.  I plan on washing the car tomorrow.  Probably workout beforehand.  Then I might run to the store to pick up some nuts and things to make my trail mix.  I normally would just get one already made, but peanuts are in most of them.  Also some have candies like m&ms or chocolate/caramel chunks.

If you make one PLEASE post the how-to on here!!! I SO want one!!!! :D :D 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid Ambassador :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

I had found the website where her dad talked about making the project.  I might have to look it up someday ;)

I think I need to setup a camera or something to film my son.  So I bring a laptop outside with me to watch the kettle bell workout video.  My son likes to try to copy the video too when he sees me doing the moves.  So since he has no kettle bell, he grabs a hula hoop.  He doesn't quite get them all, but he tries to do the squats and a few stretches.

Feel like I am not stopping very long for a break.  Got to get so much ready for Saturday :)

Went to sprouts and bought some trail mix.  http://sprouts.com/bulk-nutritional-info/deluxe-trail-mix-raw  basically this 

Raisins (Golden Contain Sulfur Dioxide), Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts, And Pistachios

I have my Beef Jerky in the food dehydrator now.  It smells pretty good around here :D  I probably won't get to sample it tonight though, but tomorrow after the fast I will :)

Went to sprouts and bought some trail mix.  http://sprouts.com/bulk-nutritional-info/deluxe-trail-mix-raw  basically this 

Raisins (Golden Contain Sulfur Dioxide), Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts, And Pistachios

I have my Beef Jerky in the food dehydrator now.  It smells pretty good around here :D  I probably won't get to sample it tonight though, but tomorrow after the fast I will :)

One of the many reasons i want to invest in a dehydrator...

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

One of the many reasons i want to invest in a dehydrator...

DO IIIIITTT!!!  I have one and i love it!  Not only do i make biltong (which is jerky) but i dehydrate my own fruit and veggies too.  AND then i can make my own trail mix :)

My challenge

I am with you Rogue, popcorn has never done anything for me really.

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines