Sambalina needs a hobby

Sambalina

I like the story about how you accidentally ate a donut. It's funny how that happens, isn't it?

Level 7 Ranger, Perpetual Newbie

Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?

Mary Oliver

I like the story about how you accidentally ate a donut. It's funny how that happens, isn't it?

I know, right? Devious sugar addicted brain...!

Love the hanbok Sam, great that you get involved in the local culture :positive:

Thanks, Dom. It was really fun!

Ok, and now an update on week 1:

It's been a really strong week for me, despite the gym being closed for most of the week. I went this afternoon and had a great time playing around with some accessory lifts aimed at improving my posture. Face Pulls and supermans are the move of the day :)

Here's my goal breakdown:

Increase my squats to 5x5 50kg at good depth. No progress here as I did Fall Brawl lifts last Monday and the the gym was closed all week.

No candy/ sugary foods for 6 weeks (get 80+ point on my star chart app). I missed two days last week - one for the accidental doughnut and one on purpose. I went withy new boyfriend KJ to have ice cream because the shop has these cute little booths perfect for sharing ice cream and cuddling (Korea is just like that, don't judge my PDA till you've been here!). I weighed up my options and decided I'd be happier with ice cream and cuddles than without. I'm 100% happy with the choice, and am right back on track today. I have 18 stars so far.

Get hobbies other than lifting.

complete at least five Pinterest projects. I've done two so far. I made some Paleo pumpkin muffins to share with friends and they were delicious. I also made these cut canvases for my wall:

image+(4).jpeg

go to at least two meet-ups. I've already achieved this goal! And I have two more in the works for the next week and a half. For a write up of my two meetups, you can see my blog. The second one was awful!

Side Quest: Life

Save at least $700 each month in the months of September and October. Currently $300 under budget and only a week left this month. Groceries are bought, so this is looking good!

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

I can't imagine that trip :(

I would have harsh words to say to someone :(

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Those chains and ropes look ridiculous, I would of needed new underwear at the end of that!!! Well done getting through it, you have to try these things, sometimes they turn out to be the best experiences but there's bound to be a dodgy one here and there!

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

that rope hike makes Devil's Peak (in SA) look like a cake walk. Glad you got off the mountain in one poeves with as few bunps and bruises. 

AND congrats on a very good first week.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Damn it, I just ate brownie. Someone made it at home (home baked goods are rare in Korea), and I was all like, "No thanks, I'm fine". And then someone ate some right in front of me and it was all chocolaty and gooey. And then I shoved some in my face too :(

Sweet fail for Tuesday :( But! I have a meeting in a coffee shop this afternoon. If I can resist it all and just have tea there, I'll give myself one star instead of two for the day.

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Mmmm, gooey chocolate brownie, sounds delicious!

I ate half a tray of home made chocolate cherry cake yesterday :nightmare:  My wife was really cross when she got home as she was looking forward to a piece for dessert. I've got a really bad sweet tooth, I've asked her not to make any more cakes, it's just too much temptation to have this stuff in the house.

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Dom, you are awesome. Your cake story made me feel not so alone - thank you :)

I might start eating at my desk to avoid the treats that pop up at the group lunch table. Kinda anti-social, but I have to get this thing under control.

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

I might start eating at my desk to avoid the treats that pop up at the group lunch table. Kinda anti-social, but I have to get this thing under control.

It does get easier - at work for me when i started eating cleaner it was the "friday morning donuts" that i struggled with, as it is part of my job to collect money and go and buy the damn things!! Now i dont even feel like one when i do this!!

Level 4 High Elf Warrior

[sTR] 12 [DEX] 7 [sTA] 10 [CON] 5 [WIS] 8 [CHA] 4

Battle Log | FitocracyCurrent ChallengePrevious Challenges: #1 #2 #3

It does get easier - at work for me when i started eating cleaner it was the "friday morning donuts" that i struggled with, as it is part of my job to collect money and go and buy the damn things!! Now i dont even feel like one when i do this!!

It's especially encouraging when you start becoming known as the colleague who doesn't eat the bagel or donuts. Once you say no a few times they might actually start bringing in healthy things to accomodate!

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

It's especially encouraging when you start becoming known as the colleague who doesn't eat the bagel or donuts. Once you say no a few times they might actually start bringing in healthy things to accomodate!

in my experience they don't. .... although after a while (at least at my work) they start saying "just wanted you to know there's (insert evil food here) in the break room and we made coffee wanna join us for coffee? " (I had a major fussing fit because I actually had a manager tell me "it's a social situation you are expected to eat the donut one won't hurt you" and I told her "yes it will one will make it more difficult to say no the next time and so on and so on the same way that saying no masks next time easier to say no! I don't have to eat your damn donuts to socialize with you!" (It helped that I don't cuss and was very upset. ....) and it helps that when we have potluck I bring in something super healthy and yum. ... and everyone loves my success :) it gets easier to say no)

Sent with tapatalk... if this post seems brief or full of misspelled words it's because my phone and autocorrect are actively plotting against me

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Ha! Glad my reprehensible scoffing episode was of service :lol:

Tough one that, you don't want to miss out on the social aspect but you don't want to eat junk either, hmm what a dilemma.

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

in my experience they don't. .... although after a while (at least at my work) they start saying "just wanted you to know there's (insert evil food here) in the break room and we made coffee wanna join us for coffee? " (I had a major fussing fit because I actually had a manager tell me "it's a social situation you are expected to eat the donut one won't hurt you" and I told her "yes it will one will make it more difficult to say no the next time and so on and so on the same way that saying no masks next time easier to say no! I don't have to eat your damn donuts to socialize with you!" (It helped that I don't cuss and was very upset. ....) and it helps that when we have potluck I bring in something super healthy and yum. ... and everyone loves my success :) it gets easier to say no) Sent with tapatalk... if this post seems brief or full of misspelled words it's because my phone and autocorrect are actively plotting against me

That is awful! Fortunately, my work is pretty compliant and don't "force" me to eat any of the goodies. There have been numerous times since I changed my lifestyle that people have brought in fruit and veggies instead of their typical donuts or b-day cakes. You're story actually disgusts me. What a terrible thing to say "you are expected to eat the donut." what if you had an actual allergy to them?!

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

In her defense I had explained to her that I sometimes have problems in "social situations" and she felt that she was just explaining the expectations of the social situation. ... she's not my manager anymore because our unit was absorbed into another and she went to a different one. ... and now that I've given up grain (because of its intestinal side effects) I do sometimes just say "I can't eat that, I'm gluten free" (which is the easiest way to decline and doesn't lead into a twenty minute conversation about paleo and weight loss and how exclusive diets are bad etc etc etc).... like I said though most of my co-workers understand where I'm coming from and don't try to force me anymore. .... especially since I CAN go and be social and not eat their crap (nut even tempted any more)

Sent with tapatalk... if this post seems brief or full of misspelled words it's because my phone and autocorrect are actively plotting against me

Spoiler

Phew, guys! I am so sorry to hear that you work with such inconsiderate people :( my co-workers are great about what I eat, some even express jealousy at my epic lunchtime salads. Its my own weakness when someone brings something to share... bugger having to deal with that AND someone urging me to eat it. Poopy, is what it is!

So, I'm 3/4 through week two, and doing pretty well. I still haven't made any squat progress cos the rack was taken all of yesterday arvo, so I had to front squat with a weight I could clean from the floor. Which isn't much. I'm going in first thing tomorrow morning to get my squat on for reals!

My no sweet snacks is back on target. I'm totally clean these last couple of days. I also have started using a food tracker. And I dont hate it. Yet. I'm using the app from about.com, which out of the 10 or so apps I trial trialled yesterday, felt the best to me. I want to know how much I'm eating calorie wise, my macro breakdowns, and how much fibre I'm getting. So far calories looks good, and carbs are fine, but nutrients, protein, and fibre are a joke. I think I might need to pop a multivitamin for a few weeks until I get this sorted because I've been feeling quite fatigued and a few other minor bits and bobs, which I think are due to nutrition things. So, something more to work on.

My savings goal for September has been met with a $200 surplus, which is fantastic. Pay day was Wednesday, so we're now into the October part of the goal. My rent goes up by $200 this month, so probably wont be seeing that extra bit of savings again.

I have a fun silhouette art project from pinterest planned for any down time over the weekend, and another meetup on Sunday.

So things are good. I'm hoping to buy some chucks to lift in this weekend, and a multivitamin. I'm tired of my muscles feeling so fatigued and finding it a bit tough to wake up with my usual vigor. Plus, new shoes.

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

yay for being back on track!!!

Spoiler

Sambalina is a bit sad today :( New boyfriend has to work all weekend and she feels disappointed not to see him. And apparently this makes her write in the 3rd person?

Anyway - every time he has to say he can't see me because of work, all I hear is 'No'. He makes such an effort to make time for me, but on the odd occasion that he just can't, I feel so upset.

However, after reading about AB's strength through her relationship *stuff*, I will not let these feelings get me.

But, hugs would be appreciated, guys - please.

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

I'm very skeptical about multivitamins personally, they seem to go straight through me. The only one I use is berocca.

Hmm try not to make BF feel guilty about working, he probably won't like it and you don't want to foster any resentment. Tough to control those emotions though, it sounds like you really like him.  Does he have to work weekends very often?

*Big bear hugs* and *hair scruff up*, you'll be right ;)

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

kill the sads with fire

Spoiler

Cheer up sad Sam.... Look, a kitten!

6033261762_88f1775996_b.jpg

How can you not smile at that :D

There is no need to thank me for adding a kitten to your thread, you're welcome.

I've been taking a multivitamin (Centrum womens) for a little while now and I think it is helping. I'm tinkering around with my diet so I thought it best to keep my bases covered considering I'm no nutritionist. I'm not feeling any fatigue so I'm in the pro vitamin camp at the moment.

Level 10 - Ironborn sellsword        Weight loss goal: 90kg --> 70kg      Endurance goal: non-stop 5km       Power goal: 10 full form pushups

Find me: My Fitness Pal | Fitbit | Feb 16 challenge

"I don't want to have a dozen sons. I want to have adventures" ~ Asha Greyjoy

Awww, thanks guys! I'm feeling better already. Kitties help, for sure :)

Dom, you're absolutely right - I should be very careful not to blame him or make him feel guilty. I'm going to try and change my mindset from 'awww, I don't get to be with him' to 'ok, this is an opportunity for me to support him'. Yeah, I do really like him :) It's early days yet, and I'm trying to take it slow, emotionally, but his consistency and genuineness is a huge breath of fresh air. He doesn't work weekends too often... this is maybe only the 2nd or 3rd time I've been unable to see him for a week in the past 4 months.

So, a new and awesome weekend plan had to be made! Tonight I'm having a girls night with my friend Bekah, and tomorrow I'm babysitting her awesome 9 month old son for a few hours. Then I'm off to Seoul on a lifting shoe mission. I need black chucks, acryllic paint, glitter, and ribbon. I will then create the first ever personalized NF lifting shoes!

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Sambalina is a bit sad today :( New boyfriend has to work all weekend and she feels disappointed not to see him. And apparently this makes her write in the 3rd person?

Anyway - every time he has to say he can't see me because of work, all I hear is 'No'. He makes such an effort to make time for me, but on the odd occasion that he just can't, I feel so upset.

However, after reading about AB's strength through her relationship *stuff*, I will not let these feelings get me.

But, hugs would be appreciated, guys - please.

I'm glad my "stuff" could inspire you :)  You're a strong lass, so i'm thrilled you've realised it too. 

Plus super hugs xxx

Cheer up sad Sam.... Look, a kitten!

6033261762_88f1775996_b.jpg

How can you not smile at that :D

There is no need to thank me for adding a kitten to your thread, you're welcome.

I've been taking a multivitamin (Centrum womens) for a little while now and I think it is helping. I'm tinkering around with my diet so I thought it best to keep my bases covered considering I'm no nutritionist. I'm not feeling any fatigue so I'm in the pro vitamin camp at the moment.

i actually cannot believe how long it took for kittehs to appear on your threads considering how long you've been with the Warriors and they're kitteh gif experts ;)

So, a new and awesome weekend plan had to be made! Tonight I'm having a girls night with my friend Bekah, and tomorrow I'm babysitting her awesome 9 month old son for a few hours. Then I'm off to Seoul on a lifting shoe mission. I need black chucks, acryllic paint, glitter, and ribbon. I will then create the first ever personalized NF lifting shoes!

I was going to advise you to look at this weekend as an opportunity to do things with your friends, or work on your hobby or meet new people and look at that.  You've gone and done just that.  Sometimes doing stuff on your own without your partner is awesome.  It makes you appreciate yourself, him and your relationship a bit more. I can't wait to see these awesome shoes you speak of.  I think i need to make a mission to go find me some shoes this weekend too (and then give them to my sister in law to make nice - cos i suck at that kinda creativity) :)  We can compare notes afterwards ;)

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines