• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Teirin

Elysian Knights Team Thread

TONIGHT! WE DINE AT DENNY'S!

In Shotokan, we always say, "Oss!" It's a Japanese word, and while there are lots of weirdly masculine definitions, I like the one that means, "I push." I've always extrapolated that to mean, "I push (through pain). I toil. I endure." It's the thing we shout when we get hit really hard, or when we're working and a limb's about to fall off.

I'd borrow something from Dr. Who, maybe, but there's already a team doing that, and we really should have our own thing.

In Shotokan, we always say, "Oss!" It's a Japanese word, and while there are lots of weirdly masculine definitions, I like the one that means, "I push." I've always extrapolated that to mean, "I push (through pain). I toil. I endure."

I'm in a really weird mood and I about busted a gut when my inner child (and a member of my old judo club!) inspired just now me to translate "Oss!" as "I have to poop."

I'll try to refrain from scatological references henceforth, really I will!

I'm in a really weird mood and I about busted a gut when my inner child (and a member of my old judo club!) inspired just now me to translate "Oss!" as "I have to poop."

I'll try to refrain from scatological references henceforth, really I will!

I will try to recruit Danny to NF.  That would be great.

Quick update in between batches of pancakes (Making, not eating. Yet). 

Getting workouts back on schedule. Things seem to be going okay. The workout park is far enough from home that I probably can't fit it in, realistically, so I'll have to make the full chin-ups work at home. 

Hope everyone else is doing well.

I went adventurer, because there isn't a weight-loss-oriented class. 

Have you started a thread techmom? If so, I can't find it.

Wow! We have an adventurer, druid, ranger, monk, and assassin in our group. That's cool. So if techmom goes scout or warrior we will all be different classes. :)

Have you started a thread techmom? If so, I can't find it.

Wow! We have an adventurer, druid, ranger, monk, and assassin in our group. That's cool. So if techmom goes scout or warrior we will all be different classes. :)

That would be pretty sweet.  We're definitely justifying our presence on the cross guild team tab.

Yup! In the old days, we used to try to set up teams so that each person would come from a different guild. I don't think it ever really worked, so it's nice to see it happen naturally.

Yup! In the old days, we used to try to set up teams so that each person would come from a different guild. I don't think it ever really worked, so it's nice to see it happen naturally.

Yeah, I could see that being difficult to set up.

How is everyone's weekend going?  Doing anything cool or fun? 

I'm at work, yet again, but only for a bit and then I'm going to hang out with friends.  Chocolate vodka may be involved. 

Whew. Just got in from running sprints. Cheat day is officially underway. Reckon I'll take the rest of the day to write and catch up on anime and Dr. Who.

Well, right now it's Attack on Titan, SMT: Devil Survivor, and an American CG series called RWBY ('Ruby'). I enjoy them all pretty well.

Nice!  I've seen the first 9 or so eps of Attack on Titan and Gryffudd's a big fan of it and RWBY.  I keep meaning to check it out on Crunchyroll.  Too much else to watch.

Attack on Titan's pretty good, though it has good and bad points. RWBY's pretty good. I'm a big fan of the Rooster teeth folks. 

Haven't had much time to watch anything for a few weeks. 

One of the best anime I've ever watched is Puella Magi Madoka Magicka.  It's a deconstruction of the magical girl genre and really awesome.  The first few episodes (out of 12) seem fairly fluffy and then it gets dark.   Durarara and Gosick were also really good.  For non-anime, Person of Interest is fantastic.  I'm still working through the first season. 

Ooh, I've seen Madoka! I heard they were giving it the movie treatment now - supposedly, they've gone through the first couple in a new trilogy, and the third is supposed to be where the story went next.

Cool! I haven't seen the movies yet but we're re-watching the series now.  We also just finished (ok, a couple of months ago) watching all of the surviving intact serials of classic Doctor Who.  It was awesome.  Any other recs from you?

Let's see, big fan of Evangelion. If you can get your hands on the Rebuild films, those are actually pretty good. Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo are also good. Gundam Wing's pretty good if you like philosophy with a side of giant robots, which I tend to. I like what I've seen of Slayers and Trigun, but I never finished them.

I loved Samurai Champloo and I've seen the first new Evangelion film but nothing after.  Friends tried to get me into Cowboy Bebop a LONG time ago and it didn't take, but I freely admit to having changed tastes in many things since then and I should probably give it another shot.  Thanks!

6 eps into Valvrave the Liberator so far and it's pretty good.

Durarara!!, Gosick (think Gothic, not Go-Sick :)  ), and Samurai Champloo are amongst my all-time favourites. I started Cowboy Bebop, but wandered away. I mean to finish it sometime, but I never seem to have enough time for it. Maybe in a couple years, once school is done.