Ranger Chat

nightlight

Need a clean and/or paleo dinner that it's easy to cook for 4 people, not too time consuming, and good for beginner cooker types!   Any one have a favorite go to recipe?    Nothing with funky ingredients either hehe.

Help a ranger out!

This has always been a fave of mine! If it seems too time consuming let me know! I have tons of other ideas!

Leafy Tacos: 
Ingredients:
2 tsp coconut oil
1 small onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBS chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 lb ground beef
2 TBS tomato past
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tsp cider vinegar
1 large head of lettuce (romaine works really well!)
Garnishes: diced avocado, onion, tomato, jalapeno, minced cilantro

Directions:
1. Heat coconut oil in skillet over medium heat until hot, about 2 minutes; add onion and cook until softened, about 4 minutes
2. Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, cayenne, and salt. Stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds
3. Add ground beef to the pan and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon until no longer pink, about 5 minutes
4. Add tomato paste, chicken broth, and vinegar. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook uncovered fro 10 minutes, until the liquid has reduced and thickened. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
5 Spoon taco meat into individual lettuce leaves and top with garnishes!

Katara Ravenot

Level 3 Tiefling Ranger

STR 3|DEX 3|STA 7|CON 6|WIS 6|CHA 4

Challenge #2

Challenge #1 

75%
75%

Half Marathon Training 9.75/13.1 miles

60%
60%

Deadlift: 120/200 lbs

“Rocks in my path? I keep them all. With them I shall build my castle.†― Nemo Nox 

Haha, thanks traabit - I need something with like ... ya know, 6 ingredients tops, nothing like coconut oil or anything like that.  We're not a paleo house so those things aren't staple in the pantry. 

I'm handy with skillet meals - any ideas there?   Meat, something, something, with a side of something?

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so I went out to eat this afternoon and then I had my doctors visit (yay for prednisone and epipen refills!!)

and

and

and

I weighed in at 248 (after eating probably 3# of hibachi!!!!) and I was fully clothed.... which means my ACTUAL weight is closer to 245 :D I started this journey at 340!

I HAVE EIGHT POUNDS TO GO AND I WILL HAVE LOST ONE HUNDRED POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is freaking awesome.  I am definitely not eloquent enough to express this in the proper words, but you F'ing Rock!

1st Challenge2nd Challenge3rd Challenge (Current)

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | CON: 3 | STA: 5 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

Excellence is born of preparation, dedication, focus and tenacity; compromise on any of these and you become average and being average sucks.

Haha, thanks traabit - I need something with like ... ya know, 6 ingredients tops, nothing like coconut oil or anything like that.  We're not a paleo house so those things aren't staple in the pantry. 

I'm handy with skillet meals - any ideas there?   Meat, something, something, with a side of something?

Hmm... I will have to keep looking :) I know I have a few skillet recipes but they are mostly breakfast ones. Are you looking for this to be more a dinner one?

Here is a garlic chicken one that I found. It is paleo, but it doesn't have the crazy coconut oil or anything :) http://paleoaholic.com/paleo/paleo-sweet-garlic-chicken/. I normally just have a side of whatever veggies I want. 

The recipe below is for mediterrean green beans which turned out pretty good. I used ground rosemary and it turned out great!

• 1 lb of fresh green beans
    • 2 tsp minced fresh rosemary
    • 1 tsp lemon zest
    • 1 Tbs olive oil
    • Freshly cracked black pepper to taste

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Fill a medium size saucepan with cold salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the beans and cook until they are vibrant green about 4 minutes.
    2. Drain the beans and transfer to a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat evenly. Serve warm or at room temp.

I do have a fair number of chicken dishes that I can share, but as for skillet recipes I will keep looking!! :D

Katara Ravenot

Level 3 Tiefling Ranger

Challenge #2

Challenge #1 

75%
75%

60%
60%

“Rocks in my path? I keep them all. With them I shall build my castle.†― Nemo Nox 

Starpuck-

When I can't be bothered to do much cooking, I find that I can cut up a head of cabbage, throw in a good amount of sausage, cover and bake. One other thing that I find easy and satisfying is to make a hash and throw over easy eggs on top.

Cut up onions, bacon (or sausage), huge handfuls of kale (or spinach, or beet greens) and sweet potato (or carrot or parsnips... see where I'm going here?) 

I start the bacon in a skillet, add the onions before the bacon is fully cooked, let that smell really good and then throw in the sweet potato and let that just get browned a little. Add the greens and get that to just wilt. Add a splash of white wine (or a nice vinegar, either is good). Cutting everything small means it will cook quickly and fit on your fork. 

Once you've hit that stage, you have two options: Cook over easy eggs and serve the hash with one or two eggs on top, or Whip some eggs together and cook them with the hash as a scramble. Depends on what people want.

It's healthy and filling. Make sure you season to taste as you are cooking.

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

Need a clean and/or paleo dinner that it's easy to cook for 4 people, not too time consuming, and good for beginner cooker types!   Any one have a favorite go to recipe?    Nothing with funky ingredients either hehe.

Help a ranger out!

My favorite  is a Frittata with sweet potatoes and whatever veggies are laying around.  I shred the sweet potatoes and cook them in coconut oil till soft then throw in whatever chopped veggies are laying around.  Once that is all softened I cover the whole thing with about 6-8 well beaten eggs.  Let them set in the pan then throw them under the broiler for about 3 or 4 minutes.  Serve on top of greens and you have a great protein and veggie laden meal.  

Excellence is born of preparation, dedication, focus and tenacity; compromise on any of these and you become average and being average sucks.

Help a ranger out!

This makes one of the best meals I have ever had that is paleo and it is super simple to make WONDERFUL AMAZING GOODNESS! and you are totally repping NF by making this.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Help a ranger out!

Crockpot Cherry Tenderloin- But I use cranberries instead.

This has always been a fave of mine! If it seems too time consuming let me know! I have tons of other ideas!

Leafy Tacos: 
Ingredients:
2 tsp coconut oil
1 small onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBS chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 lb ground beef
2 TBS tomato past
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tsp cider vinegar
1 large head of lettuce (romaine works really well!)
Garnishes: diced avocado, onion, tomato, jalapeno, minced cilantro

Directions:
1. Heat coconut oil in skillet over medium heat until hot, about 2 minutes; add onion and cook until softened, about 4 minutes
2. Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, cayenne, and salt. Stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds
3. Add ground beef to the pan and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon until no longer pink, about 5 minutes
4. Add tomato paste, chicken broth, and vinegar. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook uncovered fro 10 minutes, until the liquid has reduced and thickened. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
5 Spoon taco meat into individual lettuce leaves and top with garnishes!

This shall be my dinner tomorrow.

Race: Dwarf Class: Ranger Level: 3

STR: 9 | DEX: 7 | STA: 9 | CON: 6 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 8

Current-5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

Crockpot Cherry Tenderloin- But I use cranberries instead.

This shall be my dinner tomorrow.

You will have to tell me what you think!! :D

Katara Ravenot

Level 3 Tiefling Ranger

Challenge #2

Challenge #1 

75%
75%

60%
60%

That is freaking awesome.  I am definitely not eloquent enough to express this in the proper words, but you F'ing Rock!

quite eloquent enough. ... thanks so much!

Sent with tapatalk... if this post seems brief or full of misspelled words it's because my phone and autocorrect are actively plotting against me

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Need a clean and/or paleo dinner that it's easy to cook for 4 people, not too time consuming, and good for beginner cooker types! Any one have a favorite go to recipe? Nothing with funky ingredients either hehe.

Help a ranger out!

Chocolate Chili from Well-Fed.

You're welcome.

Letting go is the hardest asana. 

Instagram: WholeBodySwoleHeart

seared tilapia and seasoned broccoli

tilapia- filets equal to number of ppl eating

butter

garlic powder

onion powder

salt

pepper

3-4 heads of broccoli, depending on your love of broccoli (I can eat 2 heads on my own)

thaw tilapia (if needed)

season tilapia with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper

preheat pan. spray with pam, if desired. place tilapia in pan, top side down. brown until cooked portion is more than uncooked portion (i hope that makes sense!)

flip tilapia filets. put in a big dollop of butter and let melt and become a pan sauce

for the broccoli- before cooking the tilapia chop florets off of the broccoli, and place in microwaveable dish. cover and cook on high for 4-5 minutes, checking doneness after 4- while this is cooking, put the tilapia on

take broccoli from microwave and mix in 1-2 tbsp of butter, some garlic and onion powders, salt and pepper to taste

Anthropomorphic Eccentric Party-loving Pink Pony RANGER!

LEVEL 1

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Follow my journey here on NF and here on my blog

Omg , such awesome yummy ideas!      I am definitely taking some of these and hiding them away for the future ... MY PRECIOUSSS!     I ended up doing a Spicy Shrimp thing, and the only part that was not paleo was the olive oil I used instead of the coconut oil.  (Seriously, that coconut oil scares me.  :nightmare:)

So, successful Tuesday for me.     And plenty of recipes for the next 5 weeks thanks to my ranger folk here!     THANKS GUYS!

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Pumpkin Chili In fact, I'm making it again tonight. A full batch this time. Om nom nom.

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Help a ranger out!

I adore this recipe and it's super simple (serving size = 1 person, so multiply as needed):

- dash of olive oil/butter/grease of your choice

- 2 tomatoes, chopped and seeded

- 1/2 lb mushrooms, chopped

- 2 garlic cloves

- 1/4 onion, diced

- 2 hand fulls fresh green beans, chopped into bite-size pieces

- cooked meat of your choice (shredded chicken for the original, but I've used beef, lamb and chorizo with great results)

- cashews, peanuts or pine nuts (optional)

- salt/pepper to taste

Heat oil, add tomatoes and mushrooms, cook for 10ish minutes.  Add onion, garlic, nuts and meat of choice, cook 3-5 minutes, add green beans, salt/pepper, cover and cook 5 - 10 minutes longer until green beans are cooked through.  Total cook time: 20 - 30 minutes. 

Handy tip - either cook your meat at the same time as everything else, or if it's a greasy sort of meat, cook it first and then add everything afterwards, omitting the olive oil/grease of your choice. 

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

(Seriously, that coconut oil scares me.  :nightmare:)

EVOO is paleo so it is all good.  Just the seed oils that are a no-no.  I use a lot of coconut oil.  Just scoop a little out let it melt and bam.  It's all good.  I love the flavor and find it to be mild.  My family doesn't even notice the switch.  :)  Be brave and try it!

Oh hey!  EVOO is?  NEATO!     Yeah, I grabbed the jar of coconut 'oil' and it looked solid, and said 'great for hair and skin' and I said ... Oh hells to the no.  LOL. 

Now I know! :D

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Help a ranger out!

What counts as a funky ingredient?  Some things are normal for one person and really exotic for another.

Level 19 Ranger Monk 

Str- 10, Dex-8, Sta-7, Con-11, Wis-78, Cha-43

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

Take some chicken breasts and cook them in a skillet with a little oil, salt and garlic, set aside to rest once cooked through. Then throw in a bag of still frozen broccoli and a bag of frozen green beans, (this can actually be done with fresh as well) half a chopped onion, sliced green peppers (or red) some mushrooms, more garlic, season with salt and cumin. Cover it, stir occasionally; it will both fry and steam. Once the broccoli is fork tender, cube the chicken and add it back into the skillet.  Add 1/2-1 cup of salsa. Cook uncovered for a few more minutes to let the liquids evaporate.  

One pot, about 30 min. super yummy. Works for breakfast too.  

Level 19 Ranger Monk 

Str- 10, Dex-8, Sta-7, Con-11, Wis-78, Cha-43

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

Ooooh that idea for breakfast ... fantastic!      This might be a saving grace for me!

As for funny ingredients.  Um.  I'm kind of a wimp.  Coconut oil is funny to me. :D  But I am going to give it a shot now that my rangers have assured me it's okay to use for cooking, even though it says great for skin and hair lol.

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Great work!

for recipes.... I love bacon wrapped anything... chicken... catfish... anything

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I love crisping green beans in coconut oil. mmm w salt

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines