Challenge 2: The sword in the rock

Malfurion

Here we are for the second Challenge !!!!

Thank's to your help and support i managed to loose more than 13kg (28.6 lbs). And now i want to loose some 22 lbs more :tongue: !

My first long term goal was to open a self defense school for kids and girls, so i had to be fit for it.

I still have this goal, but i discovered that it became secondary, (one of my bucket list)...

Now i want to become legendary, :pirate: (yes yes i know it sounds terrible, and i asked myself if i would dare to write this.... ) for my family, friends, anyone. Why ?? To hope to inspire them (As some people did for me here !) to give their best shot in this life at any age !!!

Fight my own fears, limitations, kick those demons hard and share that with people who want to do the same and create a better place...

But let's start by a baby step :tongue:

So my main Objective for this challenge is first to get healthier by loosing 22 lbs, and stronger:

1. Eat 100% Paleo + power lifting (to get fit and strong)
  2. Work on inner strength by doing pranayama  / chi kong or meditiation for 30 min per day
  3. 2 hours of martial art training per day.
  4. Keep my assassin's mobility skills on (climbing / Parkour / swimming) every weekend.

connor-keeway-ready-to-shoot-arrow-assas

The other BIG objective for me is to get a new and amazing job :playful: ? To make possible the beginning of the legend (which will be explained soon in my bucket list!

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

malfurion, I still absolutely love your main goal of opening the school.  I hope it happens soon for you :)

Good goals and I'm sure you're going to fantastically this challenge.

Good luck xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

malfurion, I still absolutely love your main goal of opening the school.  I hope it happens soon for you :)

Good goals and I'm sure you're going to fantastically this challenge.

Good luck xx

Thank's !!!! I will do my best shot to it!

And i will still open this school, i dreamed of it for years, and now i am working hard for it !

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

A monk finally, huh? :)

Luck luck!

Yes even if what i practice is more of an assassin martial art (ninjutsu and krav maga), and try to be in tune with the force ;) by living in the nature and learning naturopathy, (so i could be druid or assassin).... but i kind of follow some jedi code :tongue: and i looooooovvvvveeeee martial arts, so yes i am a monk !

A kind of jedi assassin ... :P

Bruce Lee

If it's a goal for the bucket list, you must have a really big bucket. Hope pursuing your goals here gets you closer! Let us know how we can help.

My bucket list is not sooooooo big, but 2 or 3 big challenges !

Here i get lots of good avices, and support, it helps me a lot ! The advices you gave me do help me in a daily base  :) and i might still ask for more :D

Bruce Lee

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Good luck with all your goals.

Thanks !!! I will do my best Phoenix !!

Bruce Lee

Ooooo, open your own school?? What an awesome goal. Where?

You're right: Baby Steps is the key.    :)

Good Luck!

That will be in France where i live for the moment :)

yes, baby steps, getting stronger mentally and physically, learn the good techniques, the good attitude, and always share and adjust the knowledge...

Bruce Lee

The force is great in this thread ..   /subbed

Lots of good vibes around here ;) !

Bruce Lee

Wow! 13 kgs lost! That is amazing man! Congrats! =D

You can count on us supporting you! I loved your motivation of opening a self defense school since the last challenge. Keep rocking on! 

Level: 4 Human Monk

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 10.75 | CON: 6.75 | WIS: 13.75 | CHA: 1.75 |

"Effort without results is only self satisfying bunk" - Kain R. Heinlein.

"You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden.

"Misery is comfortable. Happiness takes effort." - David Wong.

Any job prospects? :)

Yes one interview on friday :P, but it's not a convenient one (i will spend my life travelling oversees, which i already did for years :P), but let's see if other will come :)

Bruce Lee

Ok results so far:

1. Eat 100% Paleo + power lifting (to get fit and strong) in a every day base:

Going from pure paleo to low carb+paleo, one day out of two.  yes i am having moral issues about eating so much meat, when it is quite bad for nature, so i am switching to a more vegetarian way of eating..

Monday:

Breakfast: nuts and berries + fruit shake

Lunch:meat or fish+veggies & fruits

Dinner:salad or soup+ fruits

Tuesday:

Breakfast:none

Lunch:vegetarian protein + veggies & fruits

Dinner: salad or soup+ fruits

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

When i feel like eating : some nuts and berries

Powerlifting:

Doing every day routine with bench press (60kg) / squat (60kg)/ dead lifts (40kg) / hang clean (40kg)

2.Work on inner strength by doing pranayama  / chi kong or meditiation for 30 min per day

Ok every day meditation was fine, but i keep chi gong, and pranayama only on weekends as it take more time of attention...

The hardest part, as i train by my self (classes haven't started yet), i am getting bored.... so the intensity is very very low...but still do every day.

4. Keep my assassin's mobility skills on (climbing / Parkour / swimming) every weekend.

I suscribe to swimming and aquagym so training to it every saturdays !

Climbing will start in october.

The result : weight lost so far 1.5 kg....not as fast as before..but i start to feel the muscles of my chest and arms...

Job search, well ... some interviews, but no official offer yet.

Bruce Lee

Results at the end of this challenge !!!!

1. Eat 100% Paleo + power lifting (to get fit and strong) in a every day base:

Ok 100% for the power lifting ...but....went completely of the diet as i changed of activity (going back to college....)

So quite a failure this time for dieting, to complicated to adapt fast to loosy food of the campus, and short breaks.

I have to adapt that for next challenge !

2.Work on inner strength by doing pranayama  / chi kong or meditiation for 30 min per day

yeah 100% !!

That was quite good as i stayed around 80 %

And 100% as i joined a swimming class !

So a good sporty result, but a very bad one around diet, which has as a result to not have improved my body weight as much as last time...

So diet is key !

Bruce Lee

Mm. College is tricky. It's not that you can't stick to Paleo principles in the food courts and the like; rather, it's that you have all these extra options pulling at your willpower. I remember those days. I dunno if I could have done Paleo back then either - too much free pizza, you know?

Anyway, if we can help you brainstorm some ways to deal with that and stay closer to your goals, you let us know.

Actually that would be a great help if you had ideas of snacks or easy meals to carry !!!

Or other ideas !

Bruce Lee

Well, offhand, I can think of things like nuts and dried fruit, maybe some beef jerky. You have to be careful with all of those, though - raw nuts and seeds, and the dried fruit has to have no extra sugar in it, and the jerky could have all these additives and things like that.

I don't know if your living situation allows you to cook, but you might be able to do things like batch-cook meals and carry them along. Chicken breast is awesome for that kind of thing, and while it does cool down eventually it's still really good.

If you're looking for a good starch carb to carry after workouts, believe it or not, organic baby food is a good one. It basically passes right into the system, and because it's organic you don't get all the extra toxins and things like that.

If all you have is the food courts, you still have access to big-ass salads and filling them up with meat. Dunno how to get around the sauces, really, and the odds are really good that the meat won't be the highest quality, but college, man. Also, in the morning, you should be able to get omelets for breakfast as opposed to powdered scrambled eggs and french toast and such.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines