Wirilome

1235212_10151921181138000_1947267315_n.j

Main Quest: Apply to four Doctorate Programs. 

The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. College Application Season is here!! For the past four challenges (at least I believe four) I have been working on my applications for the four doctorate programs that I am applying to. The deadline is so close. November 15th. 

boromir.jpg

Goal #1) GRE: It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing. Such a little thing.

How and Why: For every 90 mins that I am studying on the GRE, I will walk for 15-20 mins to refresh my mind. I can get so involved in study mode that I will forget to eat or eat without thinking. I want to prevent any weight gain that might occur in these two months. 

Grade:

A = 38+
B = 34
C = 30
D = 26
F = 21 

Stats: Sta +1, Con +1

Gollum-cropped.jpg

Goal #2) Meditation: I'm not listening... I'm not listening... 

How and Why: Again, study mode is going to kill me if I don't learn to take care of myself. For this I decided that it's best that I learn how to meditate. I have such a hard time just doing breathing techniques. But I will do it in the morning and before I go to bed. 

Week 1 – 5 mins a day (2x)

Week 2 – 7:30 mins a day (2x)
Week 3 – 10 minutes a day (2x)
Week 4 – 12:30 minutes a day (2x)
Week 5 – 15 minutes a day (2x)
Week 6 – 17:30 minutes a day (2x)

Grade:

A = 38+
B = 34
C = 30
D = 26
F = 21 

Stats: Sta +1, Con +1, Wis +1

what-about-second-breakfast.png

Goal #3) Eating: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper?   

How and Why: I will be sticking to a 1800 calorie count a day. I use myfitnesspal.com so that will help. I don't want to get weight just because I will be less active during the next 8 weeks. 

Grade:

A = 38+
B = 34
C = 30
D = 26
F = 21 

Stats: Sta +1, Con +1, Cha +1

gandalfandfrodo020830b.jpg

Life Goal) Applications: You are far too eager and curious for a hobbit. Most unnatural.

- Read a book (Dex +1)   
- Take a practice GRE test every Sunday (Wis +.5 for each test) <--I am rocking this as I am taking a test every day! 
- Save $200 for applications (Con +1) <-- FUCK YEAH!!! FINISHED!! 
- E-mail Berkeley, Georgetown, Oxford and Brown (Cha +.25 for each) 
- Write Personal Statement (Str +.5) <-- FINISHED
- Write Statement of Purpose (Str +.5) <-- FINISHED

Dex +1, Wis +3, Con +1, Cha +1, Str +1

Level 7 Hobbit Scout
STR: 9.2 | DEX: 7.2 | CON: 14 | STA: 15.15 | WIS: 16.7 | CHA: 12.7

I've been all over the world. Except Asia, Africa, and South America. - Coach McGuirk
My Bio My Blog Current Challenge

How can I not comment on a LotR themed challenge!

I like the 2 goals you have so far!  Meditation helps everything else you do, and I have a rule I call the 2 hour rule: after every 90 minutes of computer/reading/other low movement activity, I have to get up and spend 20-30 minutes walking, doing housework, or something active.  It helps a lot.  I have to set an alarm on my cellphone, or I get too caught up and forget.

Good luck to you, and I can't wait to see your other goals!

Emptyknight - Level 4 Human Adventurer
Str 9 | Dex 5.75 | Sta 5.25 | Con 9.25 | Wis 10.75 | Cha 7.5
Highest Wt 301lbs - Challenge Start 270 lbs - Current 260 lbs | Highest BF% 38 - Current% 33
My Current Challenge

Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

Blueberry smoothies and nuts are pretty good for concentration, good for you, and it takes literally seconds to make a smoothie.  That'd be decent studying brain fuel.  Hope to see more :)

Thanks for the tip! I will be pounding those blueberry smoothies and nuts. 

How can I not comment on a LotR themed challenge!

I like the 2 goals you have so far!  Meditation helps everything else you do, and I have a rule I call the 2 hour rule: after every 90 minutes of computer/reading/other low movement activity, I have to get up and spend 20-30 minutes walking, doing housework, or something active.  It helps a lot.  I have to set an alarm on my cellphone, or I get too caught up and forget.

Good luck to you, and I can't wait to see your other goals!

Thank you! My other goal was simply. Don't over eat. I've lost 40 pounds which took two years. I don't want to gain them back just because of applications. 

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

I've been all over the world. Except Asia, Africa, and South America. - Coach McGuirk

Day 1.1

#1 I have been moving around all day and have not yet studied. So I shall be doing that RIGHT NOW.

#2 Didn't get to do it in the morning but I am looking up one thing RIGHT NOW. Nightly breathing or meditation.

#3 1,754 Calories.

#4 Nothing.

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

Day 1.2

#1 I only studied for 30 mins. But I worked out for 2 hours dancing! But while at my internship I would move around every 45 mins. 

#2 I meditated in the night. So only a half day

#3 1,564 Calories.

#4 Nothing.

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

Day 1.3

#1 I worked out for 2 hours dancing! While at work, I walked to my lunch spot. And then just took a break roughly every two hours which is good! 

#2 I meditated in the morning. So only a half day

#3 945 Calories.  <-- I didn't realize I was low on calories! I have to watch this. 

#4 Nothing

Also Edit to 1.2 #3 - I actually had 1212 calories. I had imputed a few things twice. 

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

kicking it.  How goes it this weekend?

Good but no goals met at all.

On Friday I worked out for 45 mins doing strength training. And then I went swimming with my boyfriend. We raced like 10 times across a really big pool. I lost each time but I swam for my life. He was tall enough to just walk through the pool. Cheater!! He whisked me away from anything remotely PhD. I could only relax. Imagine that?! As soon as I got to the resort I fell asleep. I've relaxed for 2.5 days and I feel wonderful, loved, and ever so grateful to have him in my life. Talk about meditation. I had to learn how to rejoin the world. Being able to walk and be pampered was beautiful. I don't know how well I stuck to my 1800 calories which is a bummer. I didn't eat things I wasn't supposed to but who knows. For breakfast I stuck to roughly 400-500 calories while I was away. Lunch was a bit more maybe 600 and then dinner I didn't finish. I had half a ribeye steak. I weighed myself and I haven't gained anything. But time to power through.

On Saturday I didn't work out at all.  There was a wind advisory at the resort. Kind of scary.

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

Day 2.1

#1) No.

#2) Yes and No. I was relaxed and calm. AND THEM BOOM... how dare I relax for a weekend and I pulled in 3 hours of study.

#3) YES!! 1686

#4) I scanned my transcripts, took a test, saved $14 woo. Sigh I know.

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

Day 2.2

#1) No.

#2) Yes! My relaxation method is a bit mad. I set up my alarm 30 mins before I have to get up and I lay there breathing and right before I am falling back asleep my alarm goes off. It helps. 

#3) YES!! 1187

#4) Nothing. 

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

Edit to day 2.2 I didn't study but I go work sitting down so I have incorporated the same technique so it is a yes. 

Day 2.3

#1) I studied for the GRE and then I worked out for 45 minutes doing strength training. 

#2) Yes! My relaxation method is a bit mad. I set up my alarm 30 mins before I have to get up and I lay there breathing and right before I am falling back asleep my alarm goes off. It helps. 

#3) YES!! 1204

#4) Nothing. Although I started my actual college applications. 

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

Day 2.4

#1) I don't remember what I did this day. But I doubt I studied.

#2) YES!!!

#3) No. My first horrible day. I had a whopping 2,613 calories!!! FUCK. Trust me when I say I felt horribly bloated and wanted to cry.

#4) Nothing. Wow... what a day.

Day 2.5

#1) I thought I studied. I guess not.

#2) YES!!!

#3) No. Once I fuck up I go through a spiral downwards. I caught myself at 1988 calories. BUT STILL!!

#4) Nothing. Wow... what a day.

Day 2.6

#1) I FUCKING ROCKED STUDYING AND I EVEN took a practice test. And I moved a lot.

#2 ) YES!!! <-- my safety net is my alarm clock

#3) 1972 -slowly going down again.

#4) I worked on my college applications again. Took a practice test. And started reading my book. So there!!

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

I haven't really studied for the GRE so I'm starting to panic but I've been working out regardless. 

Also my meditation technique has its downside that if I am tired I fall asleep BUT it's okay it's been working out for the most part. 

My calorie count:

And 

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

3.6 = 1722

3.7 = 2222 my boyfriend called me fat and I spiraled a bit out of control and binge at.

and then...

I've finished my personal statement and my first statement of purpose. And I've begun e-mailing. I havne't been meditating or I veg out watching tv. But when you study as much as I do playing wow, walking, or a simple tv is counting as meditation. It releaxes me. Although last Tuesday I had a panic attack.

Level 7 Hobbit Scout

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines