BlueKiwi Gets Leaner, Stronger, & More Focused in Slaying Her Procrastination Dragon

bluekiwi1

Here is something you may find interesting.  I'm working out a meal plan for my wife who hates most meats and does not want to take a protein supplement.  Based on her bodyfat % and TDEE I gather she will need c.a. 90 - 100g of protein per day to build lean bodymass.  Here is a sample of protein sources that I just put together for her.  Do note the focus on vegetarian protein as well as a couple of obligatory servings of 'healthy' meats per day that she can manage to stomach:

2 eggs 12g protein.
½ Can Tuna. 15 g protein. Sub ½ breast chicken. 3oz chicken = 27.6g protein

3 tbsp Hemp Seeds. 9 g protein.

4oz grass fed unmedicated beef. 20G protein.

1 cup black beans. 14G protein.

1 cup oats 10g protein.

1 oz Almonds 6 g protein.

1 sl cheddar cheese 7 g protein

So obviously, Quinoa, Lentils, other beans, and Split Peas are other sources.  

I hope this helps!

Week 1, Day 1, Monday:

Grr!  I overslept this morning.  I didn’t wake up until 8:30am.  :nightmare:  Had to quickly get ready, pack lunch, eat breakfast, and run outta the door.  And then sat in traffic due to major road blockage because of a bad accident :\  Today did not happen as planned.  And then a series of frustrating events just kept happening throughout the day.  Sigh.  All in all, put it into perspective, I am grateful for today.  Thoughts and prayers are with the families who lost their loved ones at the Navy Yard today.

Goal 1:  Put the Focus on Macros

Carb:  108 g  |  Protein:  94 g  |  Fat: 61 g  - Went over on carb.  I blame it on breakfast!

Goal 2:  Clean Fuel for Clearer Mind

Breakfast: Sambazon - Protein Chocolate + Almond + Coconut Milk Superfood Smoothie

* I didn’t make breakfast this morning and grabbed a bottle of the Sambazon stuff before running out of the door.  Why we have this stuff in our house?  Well, hub had wisdom teeth taken out a few days ago and is still on soft food/liquid diet.  So those are his sorta meal replacement.  So much carb and sugar in that little bottle!  :cower:I don’t even want to think about it anymore.  >.<

Lunch:  1 stuffed bell pepper with chicken and chive

2 boneless/skinless boiled chicken thighs

2 oz turkey jerky

2/3 cup of roasted & unsalted pistachios in shell   

Dinner:  Green smoothie (2 cups of almond milk, 1 cup of frozen spinach, and 1/3 cup of frozen mixed berries with a tiny bit of honey)

Dessert:  1 mini mooncake

Overall, 39% of my calories for today came from processed food (in red).  I have a long way to go to get it down to less than 15%.  But, I can do this! :angry:

On the bright side, all three items did not have ingredients I could not read or did not understand.  They did not have any chemical additives either.  Rawr!

Goal 3:  Lift Heavy Things with a Zen Attitude

I didn’t do the meditation in the morning, but I did manage to do it after weightlifting and stretching this evening.

So, my exercise routine for today:  25 min running on elliptical machine, 20 min weightlifting, 10 min stretching, & 5 min meditation

Legs/Deadlifts

Squat:            25lb 15x1; 45lb 10x1

Lunge:           25lb  5x2

Calf Raise:     25lb 15x1

Barbell Row:  25lb 10x2

Deadlifts:       55lb 10x2

Pushups w/knees: 20x1                             

Side Quest:  Record Fat Loss Progress Using Tape Measurements

Took tape measurements this morning.  I feel fat.  I thought about it for a long time since the last challenge if I should be brave enough to post my measurements so that I can be more accountable.  Anyhow, I don’t want to feel fat and need to see solid progress.  So here I go:

Week 1 Starting

Neck:  13.5

Chest:  31

Upper Arm (R&L):  11

Waist:  31 (at belly button); 29.5 (narrowest)

Hips:    36.5    

Thigh (R & L): 21       

Calf (R & L): 14          

Life Quest:  Slaying the Procrastination Dragon!

I was really productive in the morning.  I guess because I overslept so I somehow felt I didn’t have much time and needed to stay on top of things.  So I got a lot done before lunch.  But, it all fell apart after lunch.  For four hours, I didn't get anything done, except caught up on news and emails and spent time reading NF posts… Partly due to low workload and I didn’t bring my dissertation stuff with me to work on... because I overslept this morning.  Argh.

Anyhow, I wrote up my to-do list/schedule for tomorrow and packed my dissertation materials (i.e. files, articles, and books) with me so that I can work on it at work tomorrow in case workload is low again.

I am capable of having SELF-CONTROL!  Rawr!

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

Love the life quest! That procrastination dragon will soon know the sound of a Kiwi! ^.-

Best of luck with this challenge!

Rawr!  Thanks, lullaby! ^_^  Good Luck to you, too! :D

Well drat. Looks like kiwi took her fanclub to another challenge thread, and I'm late to the party. Still got a spot?

Fan Club?  Support Team as I feel!  Rawr  Rawr!  Good to see you here, M!  Rawr!

There's always room for more IMO.

I had to look up what IMO stands for... >.>  Me so not up with texting and stuff.  :lol:

If I were your dissertation, I would be very afraid...

Rawr! Rawr! Rawr!  Thanks, DWD :D

Here is something you may find interesting.  I'm working out a meal plan for my wife who hates most meats and does not want to take a protein supplement.  Based on her bodyfat % and TDEE I gather she will need c.a. 90 - 100g of protein per day to build lean bodymass.  Here is a sample of protein sources that I just put together for her.  Do note the focus on vegetarian protein as well as a couple of obligatory servings of 'healthy' meats per day that she can manage to stomach:

2 eggs 12g protein.

½ Can Tuna. 15 g protein. Sub ½ breast chicken. 3oz chicken = 27.6g protein

3 tbsp Hemp Seeds. 9 g protein.

4oz grass fed unmedicated beef. 20G protein.

1 cup black beans. 14G protein.

1 cup oats 10g protein.

1 oz Almonds 6 g protein.

1 sl cheddar cheese 7 g protein

So obviously, Quinoa, Lentils, other beans, and Split Peas are other sources.  

I hope this helps!

Mmm Hemp Seeds!  This is something I have been looking into.  I think after I finish my bag of chia seeds I'll try hemp seeds out.  Rawr!  Thanks for the tips!

Great challenge! Love the combo of zen and lifting.. what a splendid perspective :)

Rawr!  Thanks! :D

Hows it going Kiwi? :) First day gone well?

Not quite as planned, but I managed!  Rawr!  Hope yours went much smoother!

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

Hey kiwi!

Sorry you had such a rough day, I can relate. But yes, YOU are kiwi and you can do this!! Ash says so!

And I am so proud of your bravery in posting your stats, that is awesomeness!!

So gather your swords up and show tomorrow whose boss!! Rawr!!! :triumphant: :triumphant:

Love you! :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

I love your idea of a to-do list. Its so simple but so effective! Good luck kiwi, I know you can do it!

<Forest Elf>
Druid

Level 2

STR [0] | DEX [5] | STA [3] | CON [1] | WIS [3] | CHA [2]

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist.
Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.
GK Chesterson

Please follow me here on my current quest: Nim-aera, Set Yourself on Fire

Hey kiwi!

Sorry you had such a rough day, I can relate. But yes, YOU are kiwi and you can do this!! Ash says so!

And I am so proud of your bravery in posting your stats, that is awesomeness!!

So gather your swords up and show tomorrow whose boss!! Rawr!!! :triumphant: :triumphant:

Love you! :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:

Thanks, Ash!  Rawr!  *pointy ends out!*  I am da BOSS!  Rawr!

Splendid start on the exercise.  Also, AWESOME on procrastination!!!!  The food will come.

Rawr!  Thanks Wideeyed! ^_^  Yes, doing much better today on the food so far!  Should end on a good note today!

You overslept, I underslept... Either makes it challenging when you're trying to get it all done.

Don't worry, we're strong, we got this!

The universe is balanced alright :lol:  Rawr!  We GOT This!  Rawr!

I love your idea of a to-do list. Its so simple but so effective! Good luck kiwi, I know you can do it!

Rawr!  Thanks, Nim :D!

Side Quest:  Record Fat Loss Progress Using Tape Measurements

Took tape measurements this morning.  I feel fat. 

Yay I found Kiwi!

No more of this talk...maybe use your Zen attitude goal to think about how good it feels to be you! You have a fan club here who will cheer you on and remind you of how awesome you are. Keep it up!

Level 2 Vulcan Assassin

STR 3 | DEX  | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

"If you think you've got 100 extra years to mess around, you're wrong.
This time is real. Your time is now. It's hero time"

- Henry Rollins

Week 1, Day 2, Tuesday:

Rawr!

Carb:  80 g | Protein:  125 g | Fat: 63

Breakfast:  Egg with steamed broccoli and roasted seaweed, turkey jerky, iced black coffee

Lunch:  Seafood gumbo, chicken thighs, roasted & unsalted pistachios in shell

Dinner:  Turkey with wilted greens

DessertMooncake and strawberry coconut milk ice cream

Overall, 20% of my calories for today came from processed food (in red).  Better than yesterday!  No more turkey jerky for tomorrow…

Meditated for 5 min in the morning, ran 20 min on elliptical machine, and 20 min of weightlifting with 10 min of stretching.

Arms/Chest

Bench Press:        25 lb  10x2           

Shoulder Press:     25 lb  5x2

Pectoral Fly:         10 lb 10x2

Front Raises:        10 lb  5x2

Side Raises:         10 lb  5x2

Triceps Extension:  5 lb  20x2

Dumbbell Curls:     10 lb  5x2

Forearm Plank:       60/40/30              

I was sort of a productivity ninja today.  I got most of the stuff I had on the to-do list done, including researching/buying SPSS software for my dissertation and contacting massage therapist/scheduling an appointment.  But, I didn’t get any writings done today and spent the afternoon learning about different data files at work.  Will try again tomorrow!  Rawr!

I got my to-do list together for tomorrow and scheduled a long block of time for dissertation writing.  Rawr!

Hope you all had a great day!  ^_^

Kiwi in control!  Look out!

:lol:

Yay I found Kiwi!

No more of this talk...maybe use your Zen attitude goal to think about how good it feels to be you! You have a fan club here who will cheer you on and remind you of how awesome you are. Keep it up!

Rawr!  Aww, thanks!  Yes, I will lose fat and gain muscle!  Rawr!

Looking forward to today's summary! :)

Glad to hear that today is going better for you!

Go, Kiwi, go! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Rawr!  Thanks, Swampling!  ^_^

Week 1, Day 2, Tuesday:

Rawr!

Rawr!

I'm using SPSS, too! But I didn't have to buy it, since my school got a licence for everyone.

the artist usually known as WALDGEIST

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme

Star Wars: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #5B, #6, #6B, #10, #11, #16, #17, (Current Callenge)

TeenWolf: #7

SHIELD: #8, #12, #13, #14, #15

Magicians: #9

"It's never too late, to become what you could've been!"

Looks like day 2 was good going. Well done! But…

Life Quest: Slaying the Procrastination Dragon!

I got most of the stuff I had on the to-do list done, including researching/buying SPSS software for my dissertation.

Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww, SPSS. I mean, I understand that not everyone is a maths major and FLOSS enthusiast. But eeeeeeeewwwwwwww, SPSS! I vote for R instead!

M (the 13th letter). Lvl 6 Elven Monk.

Mathematics, computer science, martial arts and bodyweight strength training. Also, sometimes, fiction.

Hello, world!

Challenges: “Consistency†⟶ “Preparation†⟶ “Multiplexing†⟶ “Sanity†⟶ “Escape†⟶ “Lockdown†⟶ “Probation†⟶ “Detention†⟶ “Foundationâ€(×3) ⟶ “All In!†⟶ “Happy Hourâ€

Rawr!

I'm using SPSS, too! But I didn't have to buy it, since my school got a licence for everyone.

My school offers it, too.  But since I moved far far away from school, I have to log in with communter's license and it takes so freaking long to run analyses from my syntax.  My work uses SAS and it is just so cucumbersome for my dissertation needs.  So I searched around and got the best deal from studentdiscount.com.  Hopefully it'll be okay.  I still have to download stuff from the website.  It's on my to-do list today.  Rawr!

Great job on Day 2! Your rock! \m/

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

and... RAWR! :tyrannosaurus:

Rawr!  Thanks, Swampling! ^_^

customary applause for a job well done :D

YAY!  Thanks, Kairiel!  Rawr!

Looks like day 2 was good going. Well done! But…

Eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww, SPSS. I mean, I understand that not everyone is a maths major and FLOSS enthusiast. But eeeeeeeewwwwwwww, SPSS! I vote for R instead!

Oh man, I TOTALLY agree with you.  But, I have been using SPSS back when it was still SPSS and in version 8.0.  (Yes, I am old; can't believe they came out version 22.0 last month...).  I have tried to use R, but I am learning it too slow for my dissertation needs.  So, I am crawling back to SPSS and trying to get all my programming and analyses done as quickly as I humanly can.  Rawr!  I figure I can learn more about R and become an expert in it after I am done with my dissertation.  At least the SPSS GradPack wasn't too expensive.

Another excellent day! RAWR!!  (Is there a history to the RAWRing?!)

Race: Hobbit (Everyone needs 2nd Breakfast)

Level 4

Class: Adventurer

Strength: 8.5 Dexterity: 4 Stamina: 16.5 Constitution: 14 Wisdom: 9 Charisma: 4.5

Jo2926 - Stumbling back towards the light

Goal 1 Progress = 2/42
Goal 2 Progress = 3/24
Goal 3 Progress = 1/18
Goal 4 Progress =2 /42

Awesomeness  for day 2!

Proud of your hard work, wishing you a fantastic day kiwi! :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Week 1, Day 3, Wednesday:

I woke up this morning with an intense craving for donuts.  Yes, DONUTS.  I tried really hard to ignore it, but it just kept calling on me.  I gave my all and kept myself busy the whole morning and even through lunch.  And then, I realized I didn't bring enough food for lunch.  So I went to the cafeteria at work hoping to find some healthy snacks to tie me over till dinner.

i_smell_____cookies____by_darksteampunka

There were freshly baked cookies sitting alongside with brownies and chocolate cakes.  Luring me:

fc11d9bf7d02f56ac08b5585f5674845.jpg?w=5

Oh yes, I did. 

They looked so yummy!

doublechoc4.jpg

It came with two cookies and I ate them.

Carb:  153 g | Protein:  105 g | Fat: 64 g - I remember the carb goal was a lot easier from the last challenge… What is happening to me… Grr

Breakfast:  Hot tea, egg, broccoli, roasted seaweed, pistachios

Lunch:  Turkey with wilted greens, fruits with yogurt (mango, pineapples, and raspberries), double chocolate cookies

Dinner:  Chicken breast, mini mooncake

Overall, 32% of my calories for today came from processed food (in red).  This goal is much harder than I thought it would be.  Three days now, I can’t get it down to less than 15%...

Did stretching for 15 minutes and meditated for 7 min in the morning. 

Rest day for weightlifting.

I was quite productive for my to-do list on work and life.  Got a lot of work stuff done today which would normally take me another day.  The extra sugar from cookies kept me going strong and I prepared a list for tomorrow’s work as well before I left work.  Rawr!  But, not so much on school stuff.  Sigh.  Laptop decided tonight was the night to clean and update itself.  I managed to get SPSS downloaded onto my laptop, which took a long time so I got more chores done while waiting.  Still installing the program.  Hopefully will be done before I go to bed.

I need to have a stronger will power tomorrow. I will get this done and stay on track.

tumblr_lh3h6srvyU1qc4uvwo1_400.png

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines