BlueKiwi Gets Leaner, Stronger, & More Focused in Slaying Her Procrastination Dragon

bluekiwi1

Another excellent day! RAWR!!  (Is there a history to the RAWRing?!)

Rawr!  I 'rawr' when I lift heavy stuff... and it is becoming a habit... RAWR!

Woop woop! RAWWWWWWR! You're doing great already!

Rawr Rawr!  Thanks, mummybear!

Awesomeness  for day 2!

Proud of your hard work, wishing you a fantastic day kiwi! :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:

Thanks, Ash!  I need a Win Day tomorrow!  Rawr!

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

Don't worry, youre craving was for donuts, so by eating cookies (instead of donuts) you were still strong! And it doesn't matter at all if there were actual donuts around. :apple:

the artist usually known as WALDGEIST

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme

Star Wars: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #5B, #6, #6B, #10, #11, #16, #17, (Current Callenge)

TeenWolf: #7

SHIELD: #8, #12, #13, #14, #15

Magicians: #9

"It's never too late, to become what you could've been!"

Sounds like you are doing a good job at eating lower carb despite temptations luring you in! I know the second time I tried to implement a lower carb eating after being really successful the first time, it became a lot harder. I am not quite so sure why! 

I really like that motivation picture, so cute and true! 

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

You got all my best wishes sent your way kiwi for a BIG WIN today!!

I know you can do it!!!!  :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Loves ya!!  :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Way to go on knocking out you to-do list!  And tomorrow is a new day to have non-carby delicious things.  Donuts are so evil..

Rawr!  Thanks!  Yes, donuts are so evil to my butt!  Rawr!

Don't worry, youre craving was for donuts, so by eating cookies (instead of donuts) you were still strong! And it doesn't matter at all if there were actual donuts around. :apple:

And cookies were dark chocolate cookies... so a little better?  LOL!  Thanks!

At least you had the good sense to indulge on double chocolate.  If you're gonna do it, go for the best!!

Rawr!  Rawr!   That's right! 

Sounds like you are doing a good job at eating lower carb despite temptations luring you in! I know the second time I tried to implement a lower carb eating after being really successful the first time, it became a lot harder. I am not quite so sure why! 

I really like that motivation picture, so cute and true! 

Thanks!  I stole it from another mate from last challenge and had to put it here to remind myself to keep going and don't give up.  :lol:

You got all my best wishes sent your way kiwi for a BIG WIN today!!

I know you can do it!!!!  :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Loves ya!!  :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:

Rawr!  Ash! <3  Doing better today!  Just a little tea break before finishing up the last bit of work!  Rawr Rawr!  Avoided more cookies and cakes today!  Yay me!   :D  Hope your day has been going well so far!

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

I applaud ye for not going all Hulk on us when your cookie sensor started tingling.

I mean, assuming you were to turn into greenkiwi1, I'd get hungry looking at your username.

M (the 13th letter). Lvl 6 Elven Monk.

Mathematics, computer science, martial arts and bodyweight strength training. Also, sometimes, fiction.

Hello, world!

Challenges: “Consistency†⟶ “Preparation†⟶ “Multiplexing†⟶ “Sanity†⟶ “Escape†⟶ “Lockdown†⟶ “Probation†⟶ “Detention†⟶ “Foundationâ€(×3) ⟶ “All In!†⟶ “Happy Hourâ€

Week 1, Day 4, Thursday:

Today is the Moon/Mid-Autumn Festival!  YAY!  YAY!  The big harvest moon can be seen tonight if the sky is clear!  The roundest and the brightest moon of the year!  Traditions in my family are to gather around, give thanks, and eat mooncakes & pomelo!

What are mooncakes?  Well, mooncakes are typically hand-made densely filled Chinese pastries that are usually round, made with a thin layer of soft pastry skin with either sweet or savory filling, and are eaten around the Mid-Autumn Festival. 

The traditional sweet flavors of the filing are usually red bean paste, lotus seed paste, dates, mixed nuts, or anything that can be made into paste including flowers like jasmine.  More popular and unique fillings can be found today include pineapple, green tea, and ice cream.  My favorites are chestnuts, pineapple, and green tea (actually any of the tea flavored ones).  Rawr!

What a mini Taiwanese pineapple mooncake looks like:

Sheng-Kee-Bakery-pineapple-mooncake-600x

This mini one weights about 48 g (roughly 1.6 oz), 180 calories. 

The traditional regular sized ones usually get one or more yolks.  The savory fillings are usually made of pork and lots lard.  I don’t like these.  I don’t like the regular sized ones either.  They are really big and need to be shared.  Bigger ones usually weights between 4-6 oz..  Larger ones can weight up to 8 oz with 4 egg yolks.

Mooncakes are considered as a seasonal food because you can only get them around the Mid-Autumn Festival and I go crazy when I see them in the Asian grocery stores!  Crazier than when I see/smell cookies!  Rawr!  Rawr! Rawr!  I bought two boxes of the mini mooncakes (equals to 2 dozens) and we have been eating one per night.  They are so GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!  Only a few more left in the fridge…  Sigh!

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival, Everyone!  :D

angrybirds.jpg

Goal 1:  Put the Focus on Macros

Carb:  98 g | Protein:  104 g | Fat: 62 g  - YAY!  Finally!  Rawr Rawr!

Goal 2:  Clean Fuel for Clearer Mind

Breakfast:  Pu erh tea

Lunch:  Curry chicken & veggies with rice noodles, black sesame seeds, pistachios, red tea

Dinner:  Baked salmon, broccoli, pomelo, mooncake

Overall, 13.3% of my calories for today came from processed food (in red).  Woo Hoo!  Rawr Rawr!

Goal 3:  Lift Heavy Things with a Zen Attitude

No meditation today.  I actually fell asleep while meditating this morning…  Just couldn't wake up this morning somehow…

Exercise for today:  20 min running on elliptical machine, 15 min weightlifting, & 5 min stretching 

Legs/Deadlifts

Squat:            25lb 20x1; 45lb 10x1

Lunge:           25lb 10x2

Calf Raise:     25lb 20x1

Barbell Row:  25lb 10x2

Deadlifts:       55lb   5x2

Pushups w/knees: 23          

Life Quest:  Slaying the Procrastination Dragon!

I did well for work and life goals again for today.  Not so much for school goals.  But did spend about an hour getting data files set up for my dissertation so I can merge files/variables and set up an analytical data set tomorrow.

Goals for tomorrow:

* Eat less than 100 g of carb, less than 65 g of fat, and between 80-120 g of protein

* Minimize processed food to 1 serving

* Meditate, increase weights for weightlifting (arms/chest), & up the plank time by 10 sec

* Set up spreadsheet for faculty job search

* Set up analytical data file for dissertation

* Finish revising chapter 2 sections C, & D

YES YOU CAN! RAWR!

Love the picture! :D

Hehe!  I saw it on Meta's thread from last challenge and decided I need this to remind myself to keep going and don't give up.

I applaud ye for not going all Hulk on us when your cookie sensor started tingling.

I mean, assuming you were to turn into greenkiwi1, I'd get hungry looking at your username.

Rawr!  Rawr!  Cookies are my weakness!  Mmm... kiwi fruit cookies...

kiwifruit-biscuit-wp01.jpg

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival Kiwi!!

And AWESOME job on those carbs!!!! Whooo Hoooo!  :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Wow, those mooncakes sound dreamy.....sigh, lol :playful:

Proud of you on the day!

Have a Fantastic Friday!!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

I can't believe how much I have been missing by just following via email and not seeing all these glorious pictures.  Lots of yuminess!   Awesome job today!  RAAAWRRR!

Following via email?  What do you mean?  You get notifications via emails?  

Rawrrr!  Thanks!

Great job today with your macros! *high five*

Also I was wondering what mooncakes are. They look so yummy. Are those cookies made to look like kiwi or made out of kiwi?... Either way I kinda wanna eat one.

Rawrr!  Thanks!  Those cookies are made of kiwi fruit jam and made to look like kiwi fruits.  I found them here:

http://monsterbake.wordpress.com/2012/01/29/meta-kiwi-biscuits/

She's got a lot of cool & creative ideas for her baking.  :lol:  Not Paleo though.

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival Kiwi!!

And AWESOME job on those carbs!!!! Whooo Hoooo! 

Wow, those mooncakes sound dreamy.....sigh, lol :playful:

Proud of you on the day!

Have a Fantastic Friday!!

Rawr Rawr!  Thanks, Ash! ^_^

See? You SO rock this! \m/

Have an awesome Friday! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Rawr!  Thanks, Swampling! :D

Mhm. red bean paste..... :excitement:

Mmmm... I know! 

Those kiwi cookies look yummy. I recently saw chocolate covered kiwi pops....

0916-kiwi-pops_vg.jpg

Good job on Day 4!! 

Mmmm!  Mmmmm!  Gimme!  ^_^  Rawr Rawr!  What I really want to make for my next ice cream is avocado with kiwi fruit.  I think both would go really well together.  Rawr!  Thanks!

Thanks, Wideeyed!

So, after another sluggish morning start, I decided I need help with my nutrition/macros and enlisted help from fellow rebel, Donar, who is quite the success story!  I mean just check out his pic!  Rawr!

I am gonna change my macro numbers for my Goal 1 a bit.

Track macros daily -

Carb:  Eat Less than 100 grams

Protein:  Eat Between 80-125 grams

Fat:  Eat Less than 65 grams

Changing to:

Training Day:        Calories = ~1550 with Carb - 170 g; Protein - 125 g; Fat 40 g

Non-training day:  Calories = ~1300 with Carb - 130 g; Protein - 110 g; Fat 38 g

* Grading:  A. Eat 5+ days/wk on target; B. 4 days;  C. 3 days; D. 2 days; F.  Only 1 day in a week on target.

Also, I decided I need to track my sugar better and keep processed & natural sugar separate so that I have a better sense of how food is affecting my energy level.  Rawr!  Today's almost done.  So I will start on the new numbers tomorrow.

Yay!  Thanks, Donar!  :D

Following via email?  What do you mean?  You get notifications via emails?  

I was, yes, the entire first challenge and the start of this one, but with all the brigade members I am following it got to be too much.  Now I need to login and go trolling....  Happy Friday!

Current: reorient

Old: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | a | b | battle log

Older: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

myfitnesspal | epic quest

Changing to:

Training Day:        Calories = ~1550 with Carb - 170 g; Protein - 125 g; Fat 40 g

Non-training day:  Calories = ~1300 with Carb - 130 g; Protein - 110 g; Fat 38 g

* Grading:  A. Eat 5+ days/wk on target; B. 4 days;  C. 3 days; D. 2 days; F.  Only 1 day in a week on target.

Also, I decided I need to track my sugar better and keep processed & natural sugar separate so that I have a better sense of how food is affecting my energy level.  Rawr!  Today's almost done.  So I will start on the new numbers tomorrow.

Yay!  Thanks, Donar!  :D

I think this is really going to help your energy levels...

The first week is a little clumsy....but once you start getting it figured out....its easy peezy! :)

Do you track stuff in an Excel spreadsheet? Or something that allows you to make substitutions/experiment with foods?

If you want something of an Excel template....I can get one to you. I am in the place where I basically have like a dozen "template" days for my macros.....and anymore, I just copy day to day....:)

Sculptor - Warrior

LVL 4 | STR 10 | DEX 8 | WIS 12 | CHA 8 | STA 1 | CON 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn't nerdy enough to figure out forum was up again until earlier this morning and then had to run errands...

Update for yesterday...

Week 1, Day 5, Friday:

Carb:  106 g | Protein:  102 g | Fat: 61 g 

Goal 2:  Clean Fuel for Clearer Mind

Breakfast:  Tea, black coffee

Lunch:  Pistachios, turkey breast, chicken meatballs, cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, espresso dark chocolate bar (rawrrrrr)

Dinner:  Sesame chicken with steamed rice, Mini mooncake

Overall, 20% of my calories for today came from processed food (in red). 

Goal 3:  Lift Heavy Things with a Zen Attitude

Stretched for 10 min & meditated for 5 min in the morning

Did well on work and life goals, but not so well on school stuff.  :\  What is wrong with me.

Will be back later to update for today.

Did well on work and life goals, but not so well on school stuff.  :\  What is wrong with me.

Will be back later to update for today.

School Sucks! Don't get me wrong. I love to learn stuff, and think hard about stuff, but school sucks.

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines