FYI - New Challenge Forums will be live tomorrow ×

BlueKiwi Gets Leaner, Stronger, & More Focused in Slaying Her Procrastination Dragon

bluekiwi1

Psh you went over by a tiny bit. Whatever! Don't sweat the little things. I'm sorry the pumpkin spice latte got to you. I used to work at Starbucks, so I know how hard it is resisting that temptation! Screw that dragon. Sometimes he wins, but you'll get him in the end. Have a good day tomorrow, Kiwi! Keep up all the great work.

Level 2 Fire Elemental

Druid

STR |1 DEX | 3 STA | 3 CON | 3 WIS | 1 CHA

First Challenge; Current Challenge

The hardcore, intense, bitchin', BEST team ever: The Dai-Gurren Brigade

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!!?!!?

ETF Kiwi!  ETF! 

When you are moving the body, it makes you hungry. 

If I have time this weekend, I'll explain the latest radicalization of my diet.  Still mostly whole foods, still low carb and grain free for the migraines (which are still gone), but MUCH higher calorically.

You are doing really, really well.  And I will tell you RIGHT now that as soon as the eggnog lattes come out, I am having one :)

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

Dragon won today.  *shakes fists*  I tried to be productive, but pain won. :nightmare:

(Almost) same here. :-(

the artist usually known as WALDGEIST

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme

Star Wars: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #5B, #6, #6B, #10, #11, #16, #17, (Current Callenge)

TeenWolf: #7

SHIELD: #8, #12, #13, #14, #15

Magicians: #9

"It's never too late, to become what you could've been!"

I wouldnt worry too much about slightly eating over your goal, its not like you binged :)

raw bell pepper? wow. I like a little chopped up with my salad but thats about it. I may give it a go :D

As always, you are rocking your challenge. \m/

'The only Limits you have, are the ones You set for yourself'

1    2

Week 2, Day 12, Friday:

Goal 1:  Put the Focus on Macros

Target: Training Day:        Calories =  1550, Carb - 170 g; Protein - 125 g; Fat 40 g

Non-training day:  Calories =  1300, Carb - 130 g; Protein - 110 g; Fat 38 g

Non-training Day - Calories = 1591 | Carb:  157g  | Protein:  99 g | Fat: 63 g 

Yeah, result of a pizza night...  numbers are probably off because I couldn't find what I had used before.  Rawr...

Goal 2:  Clean Fuel for Clearer Mind

Breakfast:  Chrysanthemum tea, roasted seadweed, pumpkin swirl bread, coffee

Lunch: Cabbage with apple chicken sausage, vegetable soup, chicken patty

Snack:  Raw orange bell pepper

Dinner:  Thin crust cheese pizza, chicken wings, fudge

Processed sugar:  36 g

Natural sugar:  26 g

Mmmm... Pizza night... Rawr....

Goal 3:  Lift Heavy Things with a Zen Attitude

20 min of stretching + restorative yoga

5 min of meditation

Rest day for weightlifting             

Life Quest:  Slaying the Procrastination Dragon!

I got stuff done, mostly work stuff, and not nearly as much as I wanted to.  I did schedule an appointment for my nose/sinus pain, but because I am a new patient, I won't be able to see the doctor until next year.  :nightmare:   Anyhoo...  managed to schedule an appointment tomorrow morning with a Chinese medicine doctor who I have seen before.  Hopefully no needles to my face...

HAPPY WEEKEND!  RAWR!

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

Needles to the face! :blink:

Ok, I can say that is one place I have never had needles stuck. And don't plan to , lol.

Hope you get to feeling better soon kiwi.

Nice job on them goals girl!

And yep, pretty sure that's where them pumpkin spice lattes wind up, lol!  :playful:

Have an awesome weekend kiwi, love ya! :love_heart: :love_heart:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

and my butt muscles telling me the pumpkin spice latte shouldn't belong there.  Grr.

Ummm... what... exactly... were you doing to the latte? ;p

Keep going Kiwi. You're doing awesome!

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Uh I have always heard of it (smoke smelling) associated with a stroke, hopefully you know other signs related and wouldn't be typing this post. ;)

Seriously though looks like a solid day.  Damn DOMS!  Awesome stuff. Rawr!

:lol:  Yeah, I heard that, too.  But I don't have other symptoms and my head isn't bothering me.  Just my nose/sinus hurting... Anyhow, hopefully it'll go away soon.  Rawr!  Thanks!

Psh you went over by a tiny bit. Whatever! Don't sweat the little things. I'm sorry the pumpkin spice latte got to you. I used to work at Starbucks, so I know how hard it is resisting that temptation! Screw that dragon. Sometimes he wins, but you'll get him in the end. Have a good day tomorrow, Kiwi! Keep up all the great work.

I used to work at Starbucks, too!  Rawr Rawr!  Back in college!  Many many successful all-nighters thanks to free coffee from Starbucks :lol: 

Rawr!  Thanks, Ayla!

ETF Kiwi!  ETF! 

When you are moving the body, it makes you hungry. 

If I have time this weekend, I'll explain the latest radicalization of my diet.  Still mostly whole foods, still low carb and grain free for the migraines (which are still gone), but MUCH higher calorically.

You are doing really, really well.  And I will tell you RIGHT now that as soon as the eggnog lattes come out, I am having one :)

Rawr I ate!  Lots!  Today, too!  Oh god, I can't stand eggnog... :lol:  I think I never had a good one and the color of those eggnog lattes just doesn't look right...  But, I can see why people love them...  They are sweet & creamy and full of the holiday spirit!  Rawr!

(Almost) same here. :-(

Aw, we will get through!  We will get done!  We just have to keep moving!  Rawr Rawr Rawr!

I wouldnt worry too much about slightly eating over your goal, its not like you binged :)

raw bell pepper? wow. I like a little chopped up with my salad but thats about it. I may give it a go :D

As always, you are rocking your challenge. \m/

Rawr!  Thanks, Kiara! :D  Oh yes, raw bell peppers are yummy!  Can eat them with some almond butter, too!

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

Ok, I can say that is one place I have never had needles stuck. And don't plan to , lol.

Hope you get to feeling better soon kiwi.

Nice job on them goals girl!

And yep, pretty sure that's where them pumpkin spice lattes wind up, lol!  :playful:

Have an awesome weekend kiwi, love ya! :love_heart: :love_heart:

I know, right?  But, because pain is in my nose/sinus and there are pressure points in the face, I think he might do it.  *cries*   Will report back tomorrow if I survive!

Rawr!  Thanks, Ash, for da encouragement! :D <3

Ummm... what... exactly... were you doing to the latte? ;p

Keep going Kiwi. You're doing awesome!

:lol:  Thanks, DD!  Hope you had a good day!

I hope your Chinese Needle Magician can help you with the sinus pain! I have never had acupuncture done (too afraid of needles in general), but I have several folks amongst family and friends that have had good results with various problems. Good luck and get well soon! *hugs* (And hopefully without needles to your face! :nightmare: )

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

if the sinus pain was bad enough and i knew it would help, i'd even let a 5 year old jab needles in my face. (i'd cover my eyes though...) sinus pressure is one of the worst things ever.

hope you are feeling better, kiwi! you're doing really well on your challenge!

this person really wants to delete their account but can't because it's not allowed.

Hope you are feeling better. If not, go to urgent care TODAY. Call the docs exchange and say the pain is at a level 8 and you need to go TODAY. They generally won't approve ER, but they WILL approve urgent care on the weekend or after hours. Feel better.

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Sending warm wishes your feeling better kiwi!   :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

Hope you are feeling better. If not, go to urgent care TODAY. Call the docs exchange and say the pain is at a level 8 and you need to go TODAY. They generally won't approve ER, but they WILL approve urgent care on the weekend or after hours. Feel better.

I agree with wideeyed.  Although I have to say I'm curious as to what the Chinese Medicine Doctor does for you.  Sinus headaches are so horrible.  Feel better soon!

Week 2, Day 13, Saturday:

Target: Training Day:        Calories = ~1550 with Carb - 170 g; Protein - 125 g; Fat 40 g

Non-training day:  Calories = ~1300 with Carb - 130 g; Protein - 110 g; Fat 38 g

Non-Training Day - Calories = 1336 | Carb:  181 g | Protein:  73 g | Fat: 36 g 

Breakfast:  Ginger tea

Lunch:  Chive dumplings, chicken wings

Dinner:  Thin crust cheese pizza, raspberry avocado ice cream

Not a clean eating day.  Mostly a haze.

Nothing.

Nothing. 

**************************************************************************************************************************************

Week 2, Day 14, Sunday:

Target: Training Day:        Calories = ~1550 with Carb - 170 g; Protein - 125 g; Fat 40 g

Non-training day:  Calories = ~1300 with Carb - 130 g; Protein - 110 g; Fat 38 g

Training Day - Calories = 1307 | Carb:  128 g | Protein:  80 g | Fat: 56 g 

Came under for protein again and overate on fat. 

Breakfast:  Coffee, mini bundt cake

Lunch:  Cabbage with chicken sausage, chicken meatballs

Snack:  Coconut water

Dinner:  Stewed chicken with chestnut, steamed cabbage, egg, chicken soup, raspberry avocado ice cream

Morning got off to a wrong start, but I managed to right myself at lunch and dinner.

15 min weightlifting + 5 min stretching + 5 min meditation

Legs/Deadlifts

Squat:            25lb 35x1; 45lb 20x1

Lunge:           25lb 30x1 (each leg)

Calf Raise:     25lb 35x1

Barbell Row:  25lb 10x3

Barbell Curl:  25lb 3x1

Deadlifts:       55lb   5x3

I lost, but I made a lot of food today.

Hey kiwi, hope you are feeling better! So awesome to see you put a workout in today! Way to go! :triumphant: :triumphant:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Week 2 Summary - Overall Grade:  A-

Goal 1:  Put the Focus on Macros - A-

I think I have been eating pretty close to the new macro numbers.  The last couple of days are a bit rough, but I am figuring out what I can and cannot eat based on the new macros.

Goal 2:  Clean Fuel for Clearer Mind - A-

I ate fairly clean for this week, except for the pumpkin spice latte mishap and the pizza nights.

Goal 3:  Lift Heavy Things with a Zen Attitude - A

I lifted heavy stuff and meditated almost every day! 

Life Quest:  Slaying the Procrastination Dragon! - B-

I did well for my work and life goals on my daily to-do list, but I failed on school goals.  I am pretty much bummed about my dissertation and I don't know why I can't get my act together with it.

Excellent grades kiwi! So proud of you! :love_heart: :love_heart:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

I hope your Chinese Needle Magician can help you with the sinus pain! I have never had acupuncture done (too afraid of needles in general), but I have several folks amongst family and friends that have had good results with various problems. Good luck and get well soon! *hugs* (And hopefully without needles to your face! :nightmare: )

if the sinus pain was bad enough and i knew it would help, i'd even let a 5 year old jab needles in my face. (i'd cover my eyes though...) sinus pressure is one of the worst things ever.

hope you are feeling better, kiwi! you're doing really well on your challenge!

"Ummm... what... exactly... were you doing to the latte? ;p"

lol'd a lot.

How are the sinuses?

Sending warm wishes your feeling better kiwi!   :love_heart:

I agree with wideeyed.  Although I have to say I'm curious as to what the Chinese Medicine Doctor does for you.  Sinus headaches are so horrible.  Feel better soon!

How's it going?  Hope you had a great weekend!  We need to report to the brigade...

Hey kiwi, hope you are feeling better! So awesome to see you put a workout in today! Way to go! :triumphant: :triumphant:

Thanks, everyone!  I feel okay.  So, I don't have a sinus infection.

I went to see the Chinese medicine doctor yesterday morning.  I had needles to my face, head, hands, and arms  :sorrow: for a whole hour, lying still...

Before the acupuncture session, he did a consultation--checked my tongue & pulse.  Basically, my symptoms are not showing as infection.  The pain I feel in my nose/sinus is masking my headaches, actual mini ongoing headaches, which explains the weird smell of the phantom smoke.  Even thought I don't feel pain in my head, those little annoying low throbbing in the back of my head that I have become accustomed to are actual mini headaches, not tightness in the back of my skull.  The doctor said the cause of these headaches is related to a lof of different things.  The changing weather, too much use of my eyes, stress & anxiety, too much wind/cold exposure to my head, etc.  Anyway, I have to get a head scan to make sure nothing serious is going on.  In the meantime, I have to do weekly treatment for my head pains.  More needles :sorrow:.

But, emtionally, I am bummed because I didn't get a lot of stuff done this weekend, and after talking to the doctor made me realized I have wasted so much time on my dissertation.  Last time I saw him was over a year ago and I was working on my dissertation.  I am STILL working on my dissertation.  I don't know how I got here and why I cannot get it done.  Time just keeps pushing forward and I am still standing here.

I didn't feel like working out at all today, but I thought I should at least make some effort to right myself back on track.  So, I did.  I felt good.

Here is to a better Week 3.  Rawr!

Good job.  Now about that dissertation...

What is it that you struggle with the most?  Committing the time to it?  Managing the time that you have committed to it?  Are you goals about how much writing and editing you can get done withint a certain amount of time realistic?  I am just wondering why, when you are so gung ho about life in general (or at least it seems so from your super enthusiasm here), that your dissertation is getting you stuck.  Maybe take a couple of steps back and reflect?  Maybe unconsciously there is something about the work that is bothering you? 

You will figure it out.  It wil get done, and defended, and you will earn that degree.  Of this I have NO doubts.

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines