Alternative breakfast ideas

gbearm

I LOVE breakfast food. I could easily pack away loads of sugary, syrupy, heavy, large cheesy, meaty, potatoey goodness in one sitting. I'm talking the diner all-star special. Okay, maybe not all the time, but you get the gist. 

What are some alternative breakfast ideas that will save me from making the every once in a while special of waffles and pancakes a regular breakfast go to? I love variety! I can't just do eggs and bacon every morning. What do you typically eat? How do you prepare it? 

• Like 1

I'm big on the smoothie from the fridge, prepped the night before. A banana, scoop of protein powder, PB and milk and I'm good to go.

My mornings are hectic, and if I don't plan out my breakfast, I often don't get one.

Another option is to pre-cook some eggs/bacon/veggies and throw them into a wrap.

Level 6 Lycan Ranger                                                                                                   
STR 16 | DEX 3 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 9 | CHA 2 
Challenge the 6th: Irishrages prepares for the BAMF plane of existence
Irishrages' epic: Chapter 1 2 3 4 5
Preparation * Focus * Discipline

30%
30%

I'm huge on a breakfast smoothie- I do a frozen banana, flaxseed meal, cashew butter, almond milk, protein powder and lots of greens!

Another quick breakfast for me is greek yogurt with chopped nuts and berries; preparation time, pretty zero minutes. A really quick way I've been eating eggs and meat in the morning is to make two 'egg pancakes' (scrambled eggs cooked quickly like a thin pancake), then I layer sliced ham or turkey ontop, and roll 'em up! I'll stuff spinach in there often too, really fills me up.

Level 5 Dryad Druid + Adventurer

STR 7 | DEX 10 | STA 9 | CON 8 | WIS 13 | CHA 10.5

Leo's Dawn of Dragons Challenge

I eat paleo-banana omelettes/pancakes (whatever you want to call them) - 2 eggs, 1 banana (the browner the better), 1 tbsp baking powder (if you prefer them fluffy) - presto!  Not sure if that's going to help you, but it's a healthy substitute to the normal sugary pancakes.

Also, if you have a bit of time in the morning:  take a muffin/cupcake form, layer two/three of the holes with bacon, then prepare your usual scrambled egg batter (don't forget the spices, and I also like to put in herbs like chives or such), fill it in the bacon-lined holes, put it in the oven... they come out like little egg/bacon cakes.  Very pretty to look at and yummy and convenient to eat ;)  You can also do it with whole eggs, they come out a little like this:

IMG_0291-2.jpg

• Thanks 1

Runner 5 

Level 0 Half-Elf

"Yesterday you said tomorrow!"

Challenge #1  Epic Fail

Those egg things are getting made....like pronto......

"I've torn a hamstring tendon and re-injured my knee, lower back, and upper back while doing yoga. Don't get me started on shin splints. You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't, so might as well be strong." - Some guy on the SS forums.

"Heavy is dangerous, but light is no fun." - Mark Rippetoe

"Squats are a good assistance to bring up your curl, as a bonus you can do your squats while your are still in the curl rack." - SJB

This is my absolute favorite breakfast:

1 scoop vanilla protein powder

1 scoop steel cut oats with flax and bran (I use the protein powder scooper)

1 cup frozen blueberries, raspberries and blackberries (You can use whatever you like but I find the smaller berries work better - strawberries don't turn out all that well, imo)

splash of water

2 tbsp greek  yogurt

Mix the first four on the list and stir to make sure everything is moist (but not watery - too much water ups the cooking time). Put it in the microwave for 3:33 and cook. Remove and stir well, cook for another 2:22. Top with yogurt and enjoy!

It's like having dessert for breakfast. Not paleo but it is pretty clean.