• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LadyWitch

Nerds Assemble

The Adventurers Assemble group are branching out! If you weren't one of us before, feel free to join! We're now a cross guild group, happy to have anyone along for the ride!

I'll post more when I'm home from my holiday tomorrow ;)

So was I! I just defaulted to the one thing we all have in common ;)

I'll do my challenge thread when I get home from Lincoln tomorrow, as I'm too bloomin' knackered to do it now... And I need to weigh in and take measurements, which I can't do in my hotel room :)

Wow, I just changed my workout and I think the joy will carry over to tomorrow, or... not :/

The idea seems to be to workout your muscles until they're exhausted. The goal was to do 20-20-20-20 push-ups (among other things). Certainly I can do these on my knees. After 10 this was boring. After 20 I felt my muscles reeling. After 50 I was squealing and couldn't keep form. I continued to 80 but this probably looked like some bug trying to get free.

It just blows my mind sometimes. I really thought doing these on your knees would qualify as light exercise and got a free lecture on what grind means. But that's pretty good :)

Good to hear, LadyWitch lives in Nottingham I think? So there are a few Brits about, I am originally from Lancashire :)

Good job on the push ups Proof, have you ever looked into the 100 push up challenge? It can build you up steadily from whatever level you are at, worth checking out!

Once more random get to know you questions. :) Think I would forget these? Haha

Best thing you've done in the past 24 hours:

Where is one place you want to go:

Color of shoes you are currently wearing:

Favorite video game (any console):

Favorite author:

Favorite sport:

Add any questions you have, this is just a fun light hearted way to get to know each other better.

Best thing you've done in the past 24 hours: Drove all night so I could be at home after two long weeks.

Where is one place you want to go: I'm going to Japan in the spring but anywhere the plan will take me.

Color of shoes you are currently wearing: Black slippers

Favorite video game (any console): Mario Kart, I suck a video games.

Favorite author: Mercedes Lackey

Favorite sport: Swimming

Best thing you've done in the past 24 hours: get a teething babybear to go to sleep after only sleeping 3.5 hours last night

Where is one place you want to go:Giants Causeway

Color of shoes you are currently wearing: giant pink fluffy socks

Favorite video game (any console): super mario hands down. ... Then skyrim for the lols

Favorite author: Karen Rose

Favorite sport: watching is football (wolves for the win -I'm going to see them play Walsall tonight hopefully) but playing myself has to be tennis, I would say bww but im not sure it's a sport lol

Got home yesterday, but didnt have the energy for much, although I did go to my 2 hour burlesque class (though only because its four weeks till the show!) Have finally posted my challenge thread, and will make the rounds of everyone elses shortly!

Good to hear, LadyWitch lives in Nottingham I think? So there are a few Brits about, I am originally from Lancashire :)

Good job on the push ups Proof, have you ever looked into the 100 push up challenge? It can build you up steadily from whatever level you are at, worth checking out!

Yes I'm from Nottingham! and its great to be home!!! Strangely enough, I'm doing the 100 push up challenge this time, and the 200 squats too!

Best thing you've done in the past 24 hours: Gotten my ass back on NF!

Where is one place you want to go: Egypt

Color of shoes you are currently wearing: Green slippers

Favorite video game (any console): Hmmmm tough one, I don't have much time for gaming atm as I'm soooo busy with levelling up my life, but I'd probably have to say Sonic! (the original mega drive version!)

Favorite author: Terry Goodkind (although Mercedes Lackey comes a close second!)

Favorite sport: Archery (does that count?!) or dancing

Awesomes, I take it the 100 pushup challenge is self explanatory?

This will give you guys and gals a laugh, had to ring up the audiology department this morning because I found condensation in my hearing aid tubing.... their solution was to tell me not yo sweat as much! Jeez I mean come on I exercise on a regular basis and I go for long walk with babybear wrapped to my chest, so how is that going to work? *face palm *

Ooooo burlesque dancing :) I'd love to give that a go!

The 100 push up challenge builds you up over 6 weeks to be able to do 100 push ups non-stop (same goes for the 200 squat program!) I did a couple weeks of it towards the end of the last challenge, as I was bored of the BBW, but will restart it and do it properly now!

I can't believe 'don't sweat as much' was their response! Surely as so-called health care professionals, they should be encouraging you to sweat more!?

Burlesque is amazingly good fun! I've been doing it for about a year now (although the next show will only be my third) and its a brilliant way to boost your confidence and meet new people. I'd recommend it to anyone, and it really is a dance form for ladies of all shapes and sizes! ;) Give it a go!!!

Are the challenges on here? cause that sounds awesome, I'd love to do them as well! I like structure I've found :)

Yeahhhh but im not sure they're proper doctors in audiology are they? *shrugs * oh well, I'll just have to take them out whilst exercising, cant go for a run deaf deaf though without a buddy though cause thats just dangerous on tge roads :(

The 100 push up program isn't a NF site but can be found here: http://www.hundredpushups.com/

Surely there must be a way to reduce the condensation problem... seems a bit silly if there isn't as there are deaf athletes around (or just people who want to exercise) but I suppose it is something that they probably charge a fortune for... 

Apparently you can order them privately but you cant get them as standard because of the expense :( oh well the women I spoke to was finally convinced to send me aome new tubes :) either that or I dont hear a thing till my next review in November lol

Thanks I'll look it up :)

Best thing you've done in the past 24 hours: kicking my own ass by trying 80 pushups

Where is one place you want to go: the Ruhrgebiet https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Route_der_Industriekultur visiting the route of industrial culture

Color of shoes you are currently wearing: black socks

Favorite video game (any console): no console, but Day of the Tentacle

Favorite author: Gogol

Favorite sport: running probably, but I do watch football occasionally

Not hearing for that long is never good but now that you have a new set on the way, can you see if you can clean the old ones? I hope so because then you can have two pairs.

Nice to meet both of you and hello to you other two faces!

And I apologize because I won't be around much for the next week until I can get my Internet fixed. :(

Best thing you've done in the past 24 hours: Learned some more French

Where is one place you want to go: Berlin

Color of shoes you are currently wearing: No wearing any, pasty skin coloured I guess!

Favorite video game (any console): Ooooo this is hard, Assassin's Creed 2

Favorite author: Iain M Banks

Favorite sport: Roller Derby