• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LadyWitch

Nerds Assemble

Eek well it only took several extra days wherein I was stuck at my desk, talking to job recruiters, and/or flailing in exasperation as my hard drive crashed, but I'm finally triumphant in posting my challenge thread!  There's some perfectionist aspect of me that kind of wants to walk away when I've screwed something up, but the fact that I'd posted here and people knew I existed really kept me motivated not just to give up and wait until the next challenge.

Thanks especially to Arilian Princess for checking in with me via PM, it really meant a lot to me. :)  I definitely know how it is working crazy hours and I think it says a great deal about you that you'd still make the time to help others in addition to your other responsibilities.  I can *sooo* sympathize with the incomplete course and how stuff like that only becomes more difficult with time.  You are gonna kick butt, I know it.

About me:

Best thing you've done in the past 24 hours: Skipped my ridiculously indulgent breakfast of (giant NY-style) bagel with cream cheese and honeydew bubble tea. Honestly, now that I've started tracking calories it's really hit home that that breakfast is probably pushing 1,000 of them and I'm not quite sure how I'm not a million pounds, although I suspect at least part of it is unintentional intermittent fasting. 

Where is one place you want to go: Still so many, but today I'll fix my pushpin on Croatia.

Color of shoes you are currently wearing: Barefoot (as I tend to be as much as possible).

Favorite video game (any console): Console, I'd go with ICO.  If you include PC games, probably Zork Grand Inquisitor, but Grim Fandango is a close second.  

Favorite author: Margaret Atwood

Favorite sport: Er, I'm not sure I have one of these.  Swimming is probably the only sport I had any aptitude for, but I get bored swimming laps.  It's not really a sport, but I've been scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef (on a resort license) and it was AMAZING.  

Okay, I'm putting my sleep subquest in serious peril here.  Stay strong, fellow nerdettes!  You all seem really interesting so far and I look forward to getting to know you better.  I will check in later in the week!   :)  

I personally have no experiance with twitter but if you guys are interested in it. I'm willing to give it a shot, want to add me on Facebook? Clicky da link

And tonight I'm going to make some time and do a proper read through of everyone's threads, :) Tomorrow I should have my Telus tech so hopefully I get internet again soon at home, espcially since I'm now off work for a week. And Thursday I go for my allergy testing, which I'm looking forward to but am also rather nervous about, what will I be better off for cutting? ;) It's all good!

Glad you decided to join us aelyria, :) You're part of our group now

So what's everyone's biggest challenge so far? And biggest accomplishment? I'd love to hear! Share your stories!

I've totally been failing at my "one home-cooked meal a day" goal. I need to figure out how to integrate it into my routine, besides it's always the first thing to fall by the wayside.

The good news is, I've been rocking my workouts and my caloric deficit! My bike rides have become something to look forward to - sometimes the highlight of my day, and definitely a priority! I can definitely say that has NEVER happened with cardio before. Woohoo!

My biggest challenge (other than tapatalk not working!) has been the craving for chocolate! It's been horrid! I've also been under the weather (stomach ache, ear ache, dizzy spells) which I'm assuming if part carb flu and part bug. Oh well, onwards and upwards! I'm trying to get back into posting, and will do a proper update later :)

My bigest success can be seen on my thread, I posted pictures, it's a 180 on the room I had. Most of the stuff has gone out to the garage through. But it's in the garage which means, garbage, recycle or must have a home in the house to come back in. My next couple weeks are devoted to the backyard and garage. I will spend the next two days before I go back to work, finishing the inside of the house!

Biggest challenges, have been homework and the pop. ;( oh well, I will start working on them again.

Hope you feel better, LW.

Blurgh, have had a tough few days/week/whatever.  Finally got my laptop back from recovery-land just in time for my phone to randomly enter bootloop-land (and the USB port is half-broken so there's no way for me to flash off my desktop).  So picture me spending most of the weekend parked at my laptop with my phone in my right hand, using my left to shake my fist at the sky.  Plus: migraines, which are not only debilitating but leave me depressed for at least a few days afterward.  (My other reason for keeping a food diary.)

But! I'm here, alive, and healthy, and I inexplicably managed to save my phone, and my laptop no longer has all those food crumbs stuck under the keyboard and #FWP!  Also I sort of want to hug The Cloud for making hard drive crashes not quite so bad, even if you're a lazy cow who never backs anything up.  

New insight: I'm pretty sure the reason I'm not a million pounds despite eating all kinds of ridiculously caloric things on a regular basis is unintentional intermittent fasting.  I'm often under the gun, glued to my desk all day and don't feel like/have time for eating.  This seems unhealthful.  On the next challenge I am going to set a goal relating to healthy eating.

Speaking of goals, I'm not doing so hot with mine.  I'll post more on my individual challenge thread next and then come and visit you all (for real this time)!

Double blurgh, have been stress eating all day. Illogically recalcitrant to enter into MyFitnessPal, but easily 300+ calories over my goal. Think I should exercise tonight to try and offset the calories or at least feel little better about myself, even if this is my "off" night. Wish I had access to a pool and the quiet meditation of laps...

The biggest challenge for me, is do remember to do my physio exercises and reading. I have hardly read anything. I am trying not to stress to much because I want this to be challenging but not to much, last challenge took it out of me so I wanted to take more time to reflect this challenge.

My toughest challenge so far is actually being my workouts done! A farm, a baby and a husband = exhausted as well as the blahness I'm feeling towards this challenge after the awesome time I had last challenge :(

I just a kick up the backside I think :(

It seems most of us are struggling with the blahness towards this challenge. :(

I purchased a Nesfruta drink mix to add to my water to see if it would help but I seem to just be giving myself a headache, I really should know better than to try it. Between my body's dislike for Sucrose and my allergy to grapes, I really just need to realize that flavored drinks aren't good for me. ;)

Have you tries just adding lemon/lime juice to water? Just gives a slightly different flavour. I'm finding I drink a lot of fruit teas atm, as I get bored of water too!

A spa I go to always has water infused with big strips of cucumber and apple and orange slices, super yum; just lemon tends to make me hungry for some reason.  Twinings' Four Red Fruits makes a delightful iced tea, I think.  I'm usually too lazy to make it as I unabashedly love the taste of cold NYC tap water LOL

Got some of those bands to help with pullups. OMG so sad, even with the heaviest (green?) band, I'm only able to manage a flexed arm hang.  That said, flexed arm hang!  I feel pretty good about the probability that if I keep working on these muscles, pullup(s) are just down the road!  I wish there were an equivalent for pushups.

I have tried some lime but I keep wanting to sweeten it, perhaps I need a better balance, will try again.

As for the body weights, there is a way to do modified push ups using your body and straps.... I got to see if I can remember the name of the strap set I saw, it has examples

Never heard of bands for helping with pull ups, may have to look into it. As for push ups, start with wall push ups. Build them up slowly, till you can do three sets of twenty , then move to kneeling push ups. That's what I did... It's taken me a while but I can now do about 20 full push ups.

The band that I got to try out is on this page but if you go through the videos for training you will see push ups.

Trxtraining.com their strap is expensive but you can take it anywhere. We used one in Central Park

I think we've all struggled with that this time around! I know I have... Being on the forums should be easy as I can do it from my phone, but I've just been so busy that even five spare minutes is rare!

This challenge is going, well goals wise not well for me. Other parts of life though is generally better so I am taking as many wins as I can get in that part. Trying to get pumped to finish up strong in the last two weeks.

I hope the Brits among you made it through the storm. We had some pretty severe weather, most of the public transit got knocked out by trees today.