• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ApfelStrudi

Assassins' Chamber of utter Madness!

Oh don't worry, we don't bite. Much ;)

I'll PM you all my Skype name later!

If you add one of us, we can add you to the group and then you can add all the people from there ;) Then you don't have to message us all individually!

hah speak for yourself ;)

I'm looking forward to being really bendy this time around. I managed to get my face to the ground in a wide angle seated bend last time....lets see what I can do next?

image_zpsf3ac60c3.jpg

I definitely need to focus on arm strength too....so arm strength + bendy = ???

Sooo... I'mma put you on my "Heros I want to be like" list because I can't even get half as close to the floor as that!

And totally need more arm strength, too. Especially if I want to be able to do a pull up anytime soon. I can't even do a bridge and I think it's mostly due to lack of arm strength. I might try it later with the boyfriend helping to push me upwards.

Inspired by all the general talk of bendiness, I finally did some rolling around on a lacrosse ball for my back.  Right at the moment, I'm not thanking anyone, though I expect tomorrow, I'll want to thank everyone.

Owie, owie, owie, ahhhhhhhh.

We've got a milythael in here! \ o / And Paradigm signed up on the spreadsheet, too. Our group is going to be so full of awesome we'll just explode.

What does the rolling around on a ball actually do? I know Matter has suggested the same and a foam roller, too, but I don't have much of a clue what it actually does. I might go out and buy some tennis balls today though. I'd say "can't hurt to try it", but your post reads a bit differently. >_>

I've been somewhat intrigued by Paralletetes lately. Read (okay, mostly skimmed through while watching TeenWolf) some sites and a book about gymnastics exercise and they got mentioned frequently. Pull strength is what my pull-up bar is there for, but for push related exercises they look very interesting.

They look like torture devices made of plumbing. Just sayin'! :D

That duck makes me really happy!

On a different note has everyone seen the first challenge? http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/37087-assassins-guild-ads-6-week-long-challenge-of-imagination/

Who's in on doing a group ad? We're thinking a theme of "We all come from different places, are at different stages but together we're strong and will get even stronger" to directly quote Strudi, but any ideas are welcome!

What do you think? Do you want to make the best ad ever? There might be gifs involved. :D

If you add one of us, we can add you to the group and then you can add all the people from there ;) Then you don't have to message us all individually!

How do you do that? (add someone to the group)???

Sooo... I'mma put you on my "Heros I want to be like" list because I can't even get half as close to the floor as that!

Ok, not to mushy up the thread too much, but you just made my Challenge a success, on day 1 :D

Exactly three people in my life have called me a hero (you are #3) and It feels SO freaking awesome to think that anyone looks up to me for anything! So, wow...thank you :) :) :) :)

That duck makes me really happy!

On a different note has everyone seen the first challenge? http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/37087-assassins-guild-ads-6-week-long-challenge-of-imagination/

Who's in on doing a group ad? We're thinking a theme of "We all come from different places, are at different stages but together we're strong and will get even stronger" to directly quote Strudi, but any ideas are welcome!

What do you think? Do you want to make the best ad ever? There might be gifs involved. :D

Im in!!!! I was trying to think of something, and this is perfect :) I have practically no computer skills outside of basic internet and word processing (see above Skype question...lol) but I'm willing to do whatever I can thats helpful :)

How do you do that? (add someone to the group)???

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1005/how-do-i-start-a-group-instant-message-in-skype-for-windows-desktop?frompage=search&q=group&fromSearchFirstPage=false#2

Tada!

Ok, not to mushy up the thread too much, but you just made my Challenge a success, on day 1  :D

Exactly three people in my life have called me a hero (you are #3) and It feels SO freaking awesome to think that anyone looks up to me for anything! So, wow...thank you  :)  :)  :)  :)

Aw! You totally deserve to be called a hero. It amazes me again and again what the people on here are able to do. Not to mention I get so inspired I want to be able to do the same, which makes me work hard - so that's great.

And if we look at the dictionary!

he·ro

[heer-oh]  Show IPA

noun, plural he·roes; for 5 also he·ros.
a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his bravedeeds and noble qualities.
a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities orhas performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal:He was a local hero when he saved the drowning child.
the principal male character in a story, play, film, etc.
Classical Mythology .
a.
a being of godlike prowess and beneficence who often cameto be honored as a divinity.
b.
(in the Homeric period) a warrior-chieftain of specialstrength, courage, or ability.
c.
(in later antiquity) an immortal being; demigod.

I have no clue what the hero sandwich is or has to do with any of this, but point 2 sounds very much like you.

There, now you're a legal and verified hero. ;)

Aw! You totally deserve to be called a hero. It amazes me again and again what the people on here are able to do. Not to mention I get so inspired I want to be able to do the same, which makes me work hard - so that's great.

Right, every time I'm beginning to feel meh I pop in here and BAAM I'm inspired! People here prove over and over again that anything's possible, whatever your starting point is.

you two are gonna make me cry!! :D

and if you think anything I do is impressive and inspiring, there are some people here (cough *Mily* cough) who do things that have inspired the hell out of me. Seeing what he can do is the reason I even attempted a handstand at all.

Right, every time I'm beginning to feel meh I pop in here and BAAM I'm inspired! People here prove over and over again that anything's possible, whatever your starting point is.

and another couple of amazing people, not like there is a shortage, are AlienJenn and Tateman....they both are awesome, for non-Assassins.

That's a good theme! My first thought when I read the thread was a door half ajar looking into an AA meeting with a lot of different characters; replacing alcoholics with assassins, of course.

That's a good theme! My first thought when I read the thread was a door half ajar looking into an AA meeting with a lot of different characters; replacing alcoholics with assassins, of course.

Once again, I love the way Sir Waldgeist thinks :) 

We couldnt just all take photos in a chair sitting against a white background wall, and then photoshop a table in somehow, and an Assassins Anonymous logo with the AA logo and our guild crest on the wall behind us (just asking, I have zero idea whats possible?)

Howdy everybody! Just signed up on the list. Assassin in training here, as this is my very first challenge. Excited to be a part of everything!

Assassins Anon is the best thing I've heard all day. :) 

Ho boy! I just tennisball'd my feet, legs, back, neck and chest (at least the part that doesn't hurt. Tennis ball to the bewbs = not fun!) for about 45 minutes. It hurt like crazy, I did it on the ground, but I can totally feel the effects right now. I feel like I can breathe more deeply! So weird.

Do you do that before/after workout/stretching or on days where you don't do any workout? And how often should that be done?

I did it tonight to get my challenge started and prepare for my back health class at the gym tomorrow morning.

What is tennis-balling, you ask? It's 

tumblr_mamw0rbkSE1qbsw6yo1_400.gif

(I love this gif so much I'll have to use it everyday for the rest of this challenge, if not my life. Sorry guys :D )

But seriously, it's something Hatter recommended and she and Milythael told me lots of things about it earlier today so I went to try it. It basically means laying down on a tennis ball (or having it between your back and a wall) and slowly rolling it over your muscles to loosen them up. They can explain it much, much better though. Hatter told me it would probably help with my stretching goal, and while it definitely hurt to try it, I also feel it now. It's a bit of an odd sensation, I can't really describe it, but it doesn't feel horrible. :D

You can do it anytime! I'm trying to fix my hip right now so I do it every day. I like to combine it with stretching just because it feels good. But if you have mobility issues when you do squats for instance you could target those areas before a workout too instead of stretching.

Malone have you checked out MobilityWOD? There's loads of videos on there that use torture balls. :)

So, I made a twitter. I'm @theapfelstrudi - at least I think so.

I want to be like all the cool kids and post things like "spent two hours at the gym #yolo #ripped #sweatinmybuttcrack"

That's what those cool kids do, right? Maybe then they'll let me sit at their table with the cheerleaders and football players.

6128e2e61f38eef53c2e2066cb0a7fd4.png

Gotta work on my hashtag-skills.