• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ApfelStrudi

Assassins' Chamber of utter Madness!

I don't know what tonight's plan is as it changes weekly which sucks if I have been working on a skill all week, I want to show it off!

General we do a bodyweight workout followed by tumbling (cartwheels, forward rolls, backward rolls, handstands, handstands into forward rolls and round-offs and variations of these). I am hoping they add walk overs as they are one of my goals this challenge. I will ask tonight.

We spend the last part of class working on either the trampoline or beam both are fun, exciting and awesome! I can almost do a front somersault and land it on the tramp!

That's awesome! My tumbling skills end at rolls :( I can't even do a cartwheel. And not for lack of trying! I struggle with controlling my limbs as it is, adding dynamic movement to that is a nightmare haha.

I can't even do a cartwheel. And not for lack of trying! I struggle with controlling my limbs as it is, adding dynamic movement to that is a nightmare haha.

Me too! Put cartwheeling on list for future challenge goals....

That's awesome! My tumbling skills end at rolls :( I can't even do a cartwheel. And not for lack of trying! I struggle with controlling my limbs as it is, adding dynamic movement to that is a nightmare haha.

I can do lots and lots of cartwheels, but I haven't figured out how to make them pretty yet.  I think my personal record for cartwheels is 19 in a row.  I had been challenged to a cartwheel contest by a cheerleading coach.  She barely made it to 10, and I stopped because I felt like I was showing off.

Me too! Put cartwheeling on list for future challenge goals....

I can do lots and lots of cartwheels, but I haven't figured out how to make them pretty yet.  I think my personal record for cartwheels is 19 in a row.  I had been challenged to a cartwheel contest by a cheerleading coach.  She barely made it to 10, and I stopped because I felt like I was showing off.

I never knew people couldnt do cartwheels. Hmmm maybe today I will do 20, just because Mily is a show off :P (just kidding, he just looks like one because he's incredibly good at that stuff and I think people envy that maybe...I just think its inspiring as hell)

I could never do a cartwheel, even when I was a kid and all the other girls were doing cartwheels on the playground. I think I was scared of kicking my legs over my head like that. I don't think my crap wrist could stand up to any now, unfortunately.

I'm having minor speedbumps in my challenge already. My diet has been so crap I'm almost embarrassed to share it when I update my thread, and I've already missed two days in working on my crafts stuff (the first because I was teaching a class in the evening so I didn't have time, but the second day because I forgot!) so I have to hit all five of the rest of the days in the week to make that goal for the week. At least I'm being motivated to clean up my diet a bit so I can feel better about sharing it.

I'm currently trying to decide what to do for my workout today. I've been attempting to start the Zombies, Run 5k and I've already picked up shin splints and my hips are a bit sore (I just started week 2! Argh) so I want to take it easy on my legs today. I've been looking at a progression for forearm stands that I want to see how far I can go into, but I'd like to do more than that. Maybe just some sun salutations since I'll be on the yoga mat anyway.

I've never been able to do cartwheels either. Sad lonely kid in the playground!

But boy did I rock those bars they have there. I want to be at that level again!

Well, I'd like to stay taller and don't mind the boobs, but you know what I mean!

Don't despair, Bagelyo. I think all of us had bumps in their first day, but it just gets better and better! 

If you want to avoid shin splits, you can look at the runner's forum part - they have a thread about proper form while running that I used and I never had shin splits even though I've never really been a runner all my life. It's a bit of a change of style and takes some time to get used to, but it's relatively easy during the first weeks of ZOmbies Run because you don't run that much. :)

I know how to do cartwheels but I'm scared!

I decided to do a handstand everyday and hold it as long as I can until I'm not scared anymore.

That is amazingly awesome!  Good choice.

I decided to do a handstand everyday and hold it as long as I can until I'm not scared anymore.

Yes, this is absolutely a fantastic way to deal with that fear (says the girl who used to be afraid of everything) :)

I could never do a cartwheel, even when I was a kid and all the other girls were doing cartwheels on the playground. I think I was scared of kicking my legs over my head like that. I don't think my crap wrist could stand up to any now, unfortunately.

I'm having minor speedbumps in my challenge already. My diet has been so crap I'm almost embarrassed to share it when I update my thread, and I've already missed two days in working on my crafts stuff (the first because I was teaching a class in the evening so I didn't have time, but the second day because I forgot!) so I have to hit all five of the rest of the days in the week to make that goal for the week. At least I'm being motivated to clean up my diet a bit so I can feel better about sharing it.

I'm currently trying to decide what to do for my workout today. I've been attempting to start the Zombies, Run 5k and I've already picked up shin splints and my hips are a bit sore (I just started week 2! Argh) so I want to take it easy on my legs today. I've been looking at a progression for forearm stands that I want to see how far I can go into, but I'd like to do more than that. Maybe just some sun salutations since I'll be on the yoga mat anyway.

but you are awesome at Math :D

and I had terrible shin splints and plantar fascitis, bought some Vibram Five Fingers and they vanished :) but they change your running stride naturally, so if you can do that on its own in your current shoes, it might be enough :)

I'm actually using minimalist shoes now - I tried the C25K a few years ago and got terrible shin splints in traditional running shoes with a heavy heel strike, so this time around I decided to try the opposite thing and got a pair of huaraches and have been trying to be careful about my form. They definitely hurt less when I am very careful to land with a bent knee in an effort to absorb some impact, so maybe I just need to take it slow and concentrate on my form. I'm also carrying a lot of extra weight around for my frame and only have sidewalks to run on, so the impact is probably pretty high especially when my form is iffy. I've put a request in at the library for Born to Run, so I'm going to see if there is some useful info in there once the other guy returns it.

I found handstands scarier then cartwheels! I like that in a cartwheel my legs will hit the ground before I can fall because it is all so fast!

I taught my husband to do cartwheels on the weekend and he helped me on my handstands! Just throw yourself into it!

Just throw yourself into it!

It's this bit that I just can't bring myself to do! When I was taking gymnastics I could *almost* do them but I could still never get my legs straight over head. I'm sure it's mental but it's a very strong block! I think getting strong in handstands first might be a better way to go for me. 

I will learn at some point though, I sometimes feel an overwhelming urge to do cartwheels and then I realize I can't do them. :(

It's this bit that I just can't bring myself to do! When I was taking gymnastics I could *almost* do them but I could still never get my legs straight over head. I'm sure it's mental but it's a very strong block! I think getting strong in handstands first might be a better way to go for me. 

I will learn at some point though, I sometimes feel an overwhelming urge to do cartwheels and then I realize I can't do them. :(

I had that urge the other night and did them down the street, embarrassing my friends whereas my husbands response was that my legs were not straight enough! 

I find I have so much more confidence in my gymnastics class then at home and most of these things are in your head. Yesterday we were doing hand springs and I just couldn't get my head around it and just do it! Worse being with hand springs I can't practice at home as I will just hurt myself so I have to wait for my next class.

Oh it's definitely in my head! I know that I can do all of the elements separately so there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to combine them. (In fact it will make them easier) I just don't know how to unblock my brain. Classes helped, but at some point the good advice stopped and the only advice left was "kick harder".

And yay for cartwheels down the street! 

I had that urge the other night and did them down the street, embarrassing my friends whereas my husbands response was that my legs were not straight enough! 

I find I have so much more confidence in my gymnastics class then at home and most of these things are in your head. Yesterday we were doing hand springs and I just couldn't get my head around it and just do it! Worse being with hand springs I can't practice at home as I will just hurt myself so I have to wait for my next class.

Yes!!! :) :)

I havent done a hand spring in 20 years, but I could do them on the trampoline as a kid, never quite got them on the ground though.

You're probably full up and I am currently the lamest assassin ever, but do y'all mind if I lurk?  I could use a bit more madness this time around, I think.

You're probably full up and I am currently the lamest assassin ever, but do y'all mind if I lurk?  I could use a bit more madness this time around, I think.

We can totally always use more madness and there should be space left in the spreadsheet, so feel free to sign up and join us :D

And yes, I want to look at your challenge, too! :)